#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Some things never change, regarding fear of one's favorite artist doing anything different.

I love the Eagles immoderately. Always have.

Also love The James Gang. Always have, and back in the olden days when people brought vinyl albums to parties, my treasured copy of James Gang Rides Again was most often "accidently" taken home by others.

When I heard that Joe Walsh was going to join the Eagles I was horrified. Aghast. This spelled The End for the Eagles!!!!!!

And then, of course, we got "Life's Been Good". That was one of the (admittedly few) times I learned a lesson.

Spent a while on youtube last night and this morning - I love AI3 Solitaire SO MUCH. I still think Clay sounded a bit quavery and tentative, though, I feel he was thinking ahead to that Solitaaaaaaaaire!!! change-up, and hoping he would nail it. That was a very satisfied smile at the end of the song.

Heee, another youtube I love is Usher and Alicia Keys singing My Boo at the Grammies.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz - very tired this morning. Damn bear got in the garbage again.....managed to get two very tight bungee cords off of the container. Ferocious :cryingwlaughter: granddog going nuts, cats freaking out..........And I have to go to work in about an hour! Dog is going home today. Bear will probably be back tonite. Three bungee cords?

People leaving the boards/fandom/whatever......there ARE some people pretty upset about IIT or not and the silence, whether you think it is an invasion of privacy or not, is making it worse. I think if it weren't for the baby thing, there would be more tolerance for his absence. He took time off, went to Somalia, all those things he said he was going to do. Add that to no promotion past the first two weeks of a beautiful CD which he was seemingly thrilled about making, no tour plans - - which is still very curious......and there are some who don't understand what's happening with Clay! BUT....I agree with all those who say as soon as he does something, or says something, it will all be better. It's amazing what a two or three sentence blog would accomplish..."Hi, I'm back from Somalia. Still on vacation. I'm fine." Wouldn't take but a couple of minutes!!! However, Clay has control of his life and he's doing what he wants to do. Brat is probably doing this on purpose just to show he can!

I've never been part of a fan board or this type of fandom ever in life so I don't know what's normal and what isn't. I do know there are ebbs and flows directly related to his activities. And people got really spoiled during Spamalot - what with the almost daily reports and pictures and the exciting anticipation of the new CD! Then - nothing! And tabloid stuff again. I think it's remarkable that some can not be the least bit bothered....but understand there are some who are bothered. Just like anything - two sides.

Okayyyyy - off to work. It's supposed to be 101 today! I will have thirsty plants!!! Hah - do you know how many years its been since I went to work on a Sunday?????

*waves right back* If it's not up right away, I hope you don't mind my hosting the files.

Oh, not a bit, but maybe you'd like to send me your FTP info, and I can give you both the 192K mp3s and the full wav files first! I'll finish Orlando either tonight or tomorrow morning. It's a revelation, since you can actually hear the infamous Regina who was seated directly above me.

So far all the files are already up at both CV and CU, thanks to the amazing Evangeline, who is working even on her vacation.

Clack House Summer 2007 - all files

Clack Unlimited Summer 2007 - all files

I'm giving the whole directories since after listening to the audio, I now know exactly what video files I need to download to find out what the heck was going on some of the time, and I bet some of you do, too. The audio I just did will be under mime_fan.

Lotsa laughter during that tour. I'm so glad we have such a great record of everything that happened.

Loved the David Foster Gala. I think I made a dvd, I'll have to dig it out. His look reminded me so much of Bobby Darin but he seemed a little vulnerable. He is the man of a thousand faces. I really don't understand why he is not in the movies. He would be a fantastic character actor, which I think is so much more fascinating than a leading man.

I forgot which picture I voted for last night. I'm pretty sure whatever it was I was in the minority. It may have been the Somalia picture which I set up as my desktop. Humanitarian Clay interests me as much as actor/singer Clay. :shrug:

I think that eventually Clay will be in movies. He has made some good connections over the years, like with the people at Disney and Mike Nichols, and I think they will eventually pay off. He'll probably play some killer or something in a movie just to freak more fans out. Just kidding...I think. What's hard is that I think most of his fans feel that Clay is this precious jewel that is eventually going to break through and people will see what we see, but we don't know when, and it's making us a little crazy. Of course, that could just be me. I really feel that Clay is destined for many great things but I want them now, as in NOW, so at times I get frustrated with how long it seems to take or the crap that one has to go through to get there.

And I love humanitarian Clay too especially when I see him with the kids. How can one man be so perfect, and that is totally my opinion and all that.

Now I have to go take my ladies to church. Hopefully when I get back there will be new pics or news or something.

kf, the David Foster gala is some of my favourite clack ever. And one of those moments that I will forever be kicking myself for not attending.

I know someone else who's doing the same thing. What can I say? I tried to tell her, "But it's your kind of thing... the parties... the glitter... the scintillating company" ... all to no avail.

I wanted to go to the David Foster Gala because it was going to be the first appearance after a long drought, our longest to date actually. The last I'd seen of him was his trademark salute at the end of "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" in Clearwater. And what a fun surprising event it was. I missed the first day because of family events but it was the same night we got all our ATDW snippets and Solo was letting me listen to them over the phone. The main event completely rocked; I enjoyed all the performances except for some at the end. The Star Search winner also performed that night -- haven't put up her Clack but she did well. Babyface did "End of the Road" which has been the only song Clay has sung that I've appreciated from the original after I heard him sing (still blaming Jacob on that one, though). It was wonderful (because it had been very rare until then) to hear Clay spoken of with such praise. The auction was fun and hilarious. Then, of course his 3 songs were the highlight for us -- Right Here Waiting, Unchained Melody (and the extra banter when he and David played around with the glory note) and the hottest of hot Without You. Best drought ender I could have hoped for.

kimiye, Eeeeeee!!! Just sent you the ftp info. Joyfully awaiting the wav files.

Iseeme, awww, not just deer but bears too? Need to move the polygamist camp to California. Or better yet somewhere close to tijala!

justclay12, I think Clay's headed for lots of great, exciting stuff. I just wish people would stop painting too many details into the pretty picture they're mapping out for him and then angsting their heads off when he doesn't play along. To the eHP, 2 weeks is much too early to staple details n to a vacation halfway across the country. That's why our adventures turn out so much better than anyone would have thought. Guidelines rule!!!

ETA: ITA about the blog, couchie. Blogging a "Hi, how're y'all doin' -- hope you're enjoyin' the vacation too" would be pounced upon so furiously. *covers eyes because I couldn't bear to look at the carnage* [small voice] though I personally wouldn't mind one like that if that's all he has to say [/sv]

Ok before I forget..I voted for A as my favorite look - no fuss no muss JBT hair. ... although orange shirt might have been some sort of trigger. heee. I also love K which is snowflake day I think. Before then I didn't even go gah gah over thel long hair...and third was K. Now, I really thought Clay looked great during JNT 06 per a lot of the pictures but didn't see anything that reflected that I don't think.

Don't think a blog about Somalia would accomplish a thing since it wouldn't be addressing IIU. Exhibit A. The whole Clay Ruben and Kim tour fiasco and him coming on to blog about Fantasia in The Color Purple, NASTIEST day in the history of the fandom. I rest my case. :cryingwlaughter:

I might like the M look but there's only 1 side view to go by.

P person here.

Are people still worrying about where the fans have gone?

Clay's hibernating--so are some fans. I think the big boards have lost some fans to the smaller ones--like this one. It seems a lot livelier around here than it did a year ago.

Good time to work in the yard, catch up on other things after months of reading daily Spamalot reports.

First cellcert--we'll all be out in force.

Post ho'ing to expand on justclay12's movie suggestion. What sort of film role would I like to see Clay perform?

I hear that Spielberg is interested in a West Side Story revival. My pipe dream would be for him as Tony because that was only character I wasn't completely happy with in the movie -- loved all the others. It would be very timely too because of the way demographics are changing all over -- I was in Ohio a few weeks ago and there was a growing Latin community -- and it would be so cool to give it a modern-day makeover like an "In The Heights" meets "Rent" type of thing.

(just a pipe dream, nothing more)

eta - besides he already knows how to do the coconut version of America!

Like Pavlov's dogs, I think about the DF Gala and go, "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

I think I'm genetically incapable of worrying about missing fans - all I tend to think is "more for me". There are too many artists that frankly I never see and never buy anything for and no one I know cares about them - and have had careers for YEARS...artists that I like who's CDs I discover a couple of years after they've been released...because I don't care where they charted.

It tickles me to see John Mayer being advertised here in Houston, and the big lead in song on his commercial is, horror of horrors, not only a cover, but a cover that's at least 30 or 40 years old (A Change is Gonna Come). Huh. I bet Clive Davis is trying to destroy his career!

Movie role for Clay? What can I say, I'm a sci-fi girl. Dump whoever's playing the young Captain Kirk and put Clay in it. Do "Guards, Guards" and let Clay play Vetinari (I lurve Vetinari)....oooh, take the Dresden files to the big screen, and Harry Dresden is Clay!

ETA: ITA about the blog, couchie. Blogging a "Hi, how're y'all doin' -- hope you're enjoyin' the vacation too" would be pounced upon so furiously. *covers eyes because I couldn't bear to look at the carnage* [small voice] though I personally wouldn't mind one like that if that's all he has to say [/sv]

17.gif [small voice] especially the sv part [/sv]

Post ho'ing to expand on justclay12's movie suggestion. What sort of film role would I like to see Clay perform?

I hear that Spielberg is interested in a West Side Story revival. My pipe dream would be for him as Tony because that was only character I wasn't completely happy with in the movie -- loved all the others. It would be very timely too because of the way demographics are changing all over -- I was in Ohio a few weeks ago and there was a growing Latin community -- and it would be so cool to give it a modern-day makeover like an "In The Heights" meets "Rent" type of thing.

(just a pipe dream, nothing more)

eta - besides he already knows how to do the coconut version of America!

Picturing WSS done with the characters dressed as knights of the round table.... :hysterical:

CNN at 8 pm and 11 pm, couchie.

Here's a little fun in the form of a poll, from CH:

Lightening the mood a bit since the board is so slow. Here is a shallow poll - Which of Clay's "LOOKS" do you prefer?

It was easy to narrow it down to 4 of the 12. After that, really, really hard.

jmh... thanks for bringing this over! People... I.I.I. Didn't even have to think about it for more than 1 second. Tyra look was the best eveh! I just wish the kiss had been a bit... more! Otherwise, that interview showed him in all his gorgeousness and the flirting was mighty fine!!!

Now, if they'd shown the Jerry Lee Lewis look, I mighta had a problem! :cryingwlaughter:

Like Pavlov's dogs, I think about the DF Gala and go, "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!"

Only regret is JNT06... only tour I missed. By the time I decided, frick this i'm going air fares were just too damn high.

I also had a ticket to Tyra but decided not to go. Not really a huge regret but kinda of a DAMN! hee.

ETA: fix my homonym error..fairs is not the same as fare...

WORD to this, scarlett.

It was hard to pick which of these photos I like the most and the one for me is G.

I think he looks just stunning in that photo.

The DF Gala took place just 2 1/2 months after I discovered that Clay Aiken existed, the beginning of my fandom . I didn't have to travel far at all, just the usual drive into the city and staying with my daughter. I did attend the Star Search event but couldn't justify spending that kind of money for a ticket to the Gala.

Today I wouldn't give the cost a second thought.

So much has happenedsince last night

let's go backwards

Just opinions people

NO, Clay can't be captain Kirk, that fandom is just to crazy to add to ours.

No, West Side story has too much dancing. If I am not mistaken the first cast was more dancers than singers.

I should not have used silence, that was someone else's word and made it sound like I was questioning them. I sould have used drought - there has been very little drought and Ithinkthe only reason it bothers people is because they want a reply to the tabloids, no other reason. I mean, people miss Clay, but I think most people who want to hear form him would allow him to relax a bit in an otherwise news world.

As to the invasion of privacy, this is quite a personal take and I certainly do not expect anyone else to feel my feelings, but I was annoyed at the news, genuninely annoyed. Once I realized it was the depths people will go to for "news" that was bothering me, I suddenly didn't care. My only sadness is that people can feel free to be so rude about the story and not see how they look in the mirror. I want to write to every snickering "news: anchor and let them see what I see and how they really are just talking heads and empty ones at that. I was spoiled by growing up in a time when news people had some honor and could be respected.

DF gala - I could not then justify the expense, and could not justify it today. I guess I just have a lowere Clay budget than most people, although I did spend a chunck on going to Spamalot so many times, it is making me stay home this summer. yes, I am skipping the BAF gala again. I guess I am just cheap, but see, I have to contribute money to UNICEF and whine, whine, whine other local causes and support my beach habit.

ETA:

Don't think a blog about Somalia would accomplish a thing since it wouldn't be addressing IIU. Exhibit A. The whole Clay Ruben and Kim tour fiasco and him coming on to blog about Fantasia in The Color Purple, NASTIEST day in the history of the fandom. I rest my case. :cryingwlaughter:

Absolutely my take on it. I lost so much respect for some people that day, it was bad. I wonder how some people were rasied taht they could be that rude to someonethey suposedly liked! Of course the rudest ones are not removed, I went back to look through a few hundred of them, actaully, I only looked at those around my post and I knew when I posted, it was in the begining, so I didn't have to look far, that blog reply list was edited.

Well, that was weird! Lost everyone I quoted, and just gave me one I didn't! :cryingwlaughter: Oh well....let's see....

I'm an "L" girl myself, closely followed by "D" and "G". I loved the blonde on him.

I'm with (someone...sorry!....maybe jmh?) that said people are just going about their regular lives and will be back with a vengeance (hope not literally) when something comes up again. I've done lots of beading....and am not able to sit much right now anyway. Should have cleaned my house. Didn't. Might still.

Most of my expendable dollars have been taken up for medical costs this year....and, to top it all off, I broke a tooth Friday night! Aaaarrrrghhhhhhh!!!! I can not BELIEVE all this stuff happening to my body this year! There goes another $1000..... <_< and probably another day off from work.

Anywhooo.....off to work shortly....off to do laundry now.....

People leaving the boards/fandom/whatever......there ARE some people pretty upset about IIT or not and the silence, whether you think it is an invasion of privacy or not, is making it worse. I think if it weren't for the baby thing, there would be more tolerance for his absence. He took time off, went to Somalia, all those things he said he was going to do. Add that to no promotion past the first two weeks of a beautiful CD which he was seemingly thrilled about making, no tour plans - - which is still very curious......and there are some who don't understand what's happening with Clay! BUT....I agree with all those who say as soon as he does something, or says something, it will all be better. It's amazing what a two or three sentence blog would accomplish..."Hi, I'm back from Somalia. Still on vacation. I'm fine." Wouldn't take but a couple of minutes!!! However, Clay has control of his life and he's doing what he wants to do. Brat is probably doing this on purpose just to show he can!

I will feel a lot better once we have heard something from him but I have no idea when that will be. I have said before that I am a worrier, I just am and can't seem to help it. If something is important to me, then the idea of losing it is always there. I feel, and it is just my feeling, I know nothing at all, that this whole baby business has been harder on Clay then the things that have happened before and not because of the Tabloids but because of the fan reaction. I am sure that Clay read over at OFC in the first few days after the word was put out and what he read can't have made him feel good. What do you say to these fans that instead of supporting you are saying that they realize that they never knew you... you aren't the person they thought you were... their fandom will never be the same. I know that everyone didn't feel that way but I will tell you that the one time that I went over there and read for about 30 min. that was the feeling that came across. It sure wasn't that we were behind him whatever the truth was. So, you have that on top of poor CD sales and the state of th e economy and he must have been left wondering if he had a fall tour, who would be coming. Would there be any point in planning one? It looks like he decided... NO.

In the beginning, after AI, Clay always spoke of his career like it was only temporary but after awhile that seemed to stop and you had the feeling he had accepted that this is what he does and would continue to do, as long as there was an interest. Lately I have heard him say once again that this is like summer camp and that he will do it as long as it is enjoyable. He seems to have lost the feeling of permanence. That was before all of this stuff happened.

I really wonder what he is thinking now especially if there is an announcement about the baby that won't be popular with the fans. Or, what would happen if there wasn't an announcement. What if Jaymes has the baby and that was just it, nothing was said other then she had a baby. Does she even have to list a fathers name on the birth certificate?

Like I said, I worry and I do tend to look for the worst case scenario. I guess that is because if we can get through the worst then everything will be ok.

Go ahead and tell me I am crazy because I really hope that I am.

I have just read through this but i am going to post it anyway.

you aren't crazy...well maybe for reading the OFC :hysterical: I think perhaps that my not reading over there or anywhere else has me in kind of a bubble. I did read a few lines of a google alert today that were fan comments on some not clay site and once again it has me shaking my head - saying they didn't always agree with his choices (uh it's HIS choice to make) and then going on to say how Jaymes manipulated him. I didn't click on it but I saw enough.

Jaycee... I used to believe worrying was showing my love, but have since really come to believe that worrying is wasted energy. I now visualize him on a stage with screaming, clapping fans appreciating him everytime I start to worry. It sure switches my energy to the positive in a hurry.

I do agree with you about a possible reason why he is not blogging... On the one hand, I really believe he is appreciative of what the fans have done for him especially recently at Spamalot. On the other hand, I would imagine he was pretty upset at how they reacted at the OFC when the baby news was leaked, true or not. He loves Jaymes and to read what was said about her must really have made him just not want to deal with it until he feels ok about it. I don't blame him in the least. I really hope he does know that the OFC is not really representative of his fandom. Sometimes I think he does, but this was more personal and probably made it harder to remember for him.

I REALLY wish he'd close the message board over there!

Jaycee... I used to believe worrying was showing my love, but have since really come to believe that worrying is wasted energy. I now visualize him on a stage with screaming, clapping fans appreciating him everytime I start to worry. It sure switches my energy to the positive in a hurry.

I do agree with you about a possible reason why he is not blogging... On the one hand, I really believe he is appreciative of what the fans have done for him especially recently at Spamalot. On the other hand, I would imagine he was pretty upset at how they reacted at the OFC when the baby news was leaked, true or not. He loves Jaymes and to read what was said about her must really have made him just not want to deal with it until he feels ok about it. I don't blame him in the least. I really hope he does know that the OFC is not really representative of his fandom. Sometimes I think he does, but this was more personal and probably made it harder to remember for him.

I REALLY wish he'd close the message board over there!

I wish I could turn off my mind or turn it to something more positive. The thing is, I do think that at one point he was planning on a tour this Fall but since the CD release and all of this, that seems to have changed. I hope there is something in the works but right now we don't know.

I would also like to believe that Clay doesn't think that the OFC represents his fandom but how do we know? It should, there are fans from all of the different board that are membors. Does he realize that most of us join and then avoid the place accept when he blogs? I really don't know if he does or not. He seems to go there to see how the fans are feeling whenever anything is going on so that says to me that he thinks they represent us.

I have to laugh at "the silence" though. How long has it beensince we heard from him? not long at all considering most performers. It just seems like some people want answers about very personal stuff and that causes themto think about it as a silence or not blogging issue.

Yeah, that amuses me too. His last day on Spamalot was what? Two months ago? After that we had a week or two of promo – lets be generous and say three weeks. That means he’s not been generally heard from for five weeks. Only that’s not true either – there’s been the Unicef thing. It’s just that people aren’t getting what THEY want, not that he’s silent.

baby mess? I don't think I would use that word to describe this. Fucking papparazzi mess maybe. Idiotic nosy scandal paper mess maybe. Babies only mess diapers. How about amazing invasion of privacy mess. I think that last says it best for me. I don't like to talk about it because the depth of the invasion of privacy really really bothers me and the fact it does not offend others in the same way kind of bothers me as well, but hey, that is why we are all different. It took a long time to figure it out, but that is why I avoid conversations about the latest "news items', excepting Somalia which I will discuss in deapth if asked.

The invasion of privacy bothers me – it does for all celebrities any more. But what bothers me more is the type of thing that someone was reporting here the other day about a DJ at a radio station. The insistence, complete and absolute, that the baby is a FACT. That bugs the hell out of me and *I* think it’s true!! The media constantly misuse – intentionally and through ignorance/laziness – words and information. Fact? Look up the word in Webster’s, please. Because neither Clay nor Jaymes has made a statement, it simply can’t be called fact. Hell, I wasn’t voting for Hillary, but I was tickled to death when she won New Hampshire because it made assholes out of a majority of the pundits and press. <g> I’m mean like that. <g>

Where are all the Clay fans? I'm in the camp that thinks they are just out living their lives, or exploring other interests. Just wait until the next big thing. The boards will be teaming again. Of course, a bunch will state it's the worst idea ever and they will not attend.....until they watch the clack or hear the cellcert or read the reports, then they will be right in there buying tickets. Heh. Happens every.single.time. :whistling-1:

Yeah, I think they’re out living their lives too. Mainly because that is why I may not be seen around here for a couple days at a time. I have other things to do, other interests, won’t read at work, etc.

C, F, G, I, J, K, L, M, P – those are my favorite. <g>

I think he probably realizes they aren’t representative – but I think you’re right. No matter how much he realized they aren’t representative and not a majority, it would still be, IMO, very hard to read the nastiness. If I were him I would walk away for a while until I had it in perspective and it didn’t have as big an impact. If I were him. Who knows, maybe he’s having parties at his house. <g>

Maw'? We're not maw'!... nuqDaq ta' SoH pol yuch! [and what's wrong with you people who don't speak Klingon!!??!?]

Wo Klingon shuo de bu hao. Wo shi Meiguo ren.

(and I hope you've been practicing too :P Reading is something else, though -- 我穿上不很好讲Klingon。 我是美国人。 )

I remember something being an early article about him touring this summer. Then a fan is the one who changed that to Jerome said this fall. I honestly don't trust fanspeak anymore. Who knows what Jerome said or meant. Clay early on said there would be no summer tour and they'd wait and see how things went. My guess is they wanted to plan a tour around appropriate sized venues, see how much they would invest in it etc. Perhaps those decisions are still being made. I think it's too early to write of another JNT but always felt he would tour next spring for OMWH and that was before I heard about IIU. It's all conjecture for sure. Worst case scenario for me is we don't hear anything until the gala and if that's the case I can deal. I just don't think that will be the case.

Liney..agreed about the message board and I know that for some it is home so I hate to hope for that. But I don't think it's going anywhere.

My own perspective is that there is no drought. When I came into the fandom Clay was having a "silent summer" literally. Nobody had heard him speak for months. All that the fans had were a few pictures here and there Hockey Game, Kelly Concert, LAX, YMCA and that was about it. Since the Foster Gala in 2006 he's been pretty available for us to know where he is, what he's doing, and always something coming up on the calendar.

He's taking time off now, yet I've seen him on TV this week on VH1 (which I took as a positive), a couple of Rewinds, and he's going to be on CNN tonight. It's not live and in person and he's not singing, but it's Clay Aiken in the public consciousness. This is just me, but I don't care a bit about a blog. He did blog, a great message in my opinion, when OMWH came out. I totally appreciated the details he provided about the CD and his career, and I'm not jumping up and down jonesing for another blog unless and until he has something to share. Clay's not a puppet, and he's not a wholly-owned subsidiary of the message boards. I don't need to feel like I always know what's coming. I like being surprised. Everytime Clay has blown me away, it has come out of nowhere and kicked my ass. I'm willing to let him have his own career path and then spring it on me, when he's ready. My feelings about his personal life can be wrapped up in one sentence. I hope the love he takes is equal to the love he makes.

I bought the Musicpass yesterday at Target. I was there earlier in the week and the rack was full except for the first slot -- Clay's. After hearing stories about Target having it in a box and not displayed, I asked an associate about it. She ran her little gizmo over the bar code and told me they were all sold, but they would be getting more in. I checked Friday and nothing, and yesterday they were there. So, I don't know who is buying all these Clay Aiken Musicpasses in Seabrook and Kemah, but I need to find out if there's a secret cell of Clay fans around here. I've mentioned before that Clay sells in the Walmarts and Targets in my area, and that's been the case since I started monitoring it with ATDW. There's got to be something else going on in addition to the activities of Desertrose and me. Maybe I need to walk down 146 with a sandwichboard - Clay Aiken Fans UNITE!

I personally just CAN'T worry over stuff I have no control over - I feel it does me, you or whatever the heck you're worried no good, and probably the worrier a little harm...I can personally attest that stress (I tend to get angry or frustrated) can cause physical damage (at least my chiropractor's cute!) If there is something you have control over, worry can be a useful thing - makes you consider lots of possibilities, but over stuff you have absolutely no influence over? That you might not even know is resolved? That limits your ability to enjoy the now? No, no...not me. Say the worst case scenario did happen - did the worry affect it? Make it any better? What if the worst case didn't happen - did the worry make it better or worse. I've got family who are worriers (frankly, some that worry over me) and I can't help it, I avoid them. They make me unhappy because they seem to be unhappy with what I do that doesn't really affect them. Like when I went off to Europe by myself. Or starting sleeping with strange women off the Internet.

I know it's hard to change ingrained feelings...but I don't believe in feelings that are not to your benefit.

Clay thinking that the OFC represents the fandom? How could he? He knows perfectly well there were every type of fan board under the sun before the OFC came along - some have popped up since - many never joined the OFC - and I'll bet he knows perfectly well the majority of his casual fans aren't a member of any community anywhere, and it wouldn't cross their minds to join.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam! Only not!

See, Play! Trekkies are perfectly normal! Ask anyone (except Star War fans, 'cause those people are CRAZY!)