#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

KAndre you make a lot of sense. Worry can make you physically ill. And I've been there done that with Clay and had to work to get out of that mode. And I think I have been pretty worry free since the end of 2004. Doesn't mean I don't get concerned, pissed, outraged for him now and then but it's a moment not a permanent state.

KF - CA Fans United sign? Double dare ya!

:POSTHO:

Bottle I agree it's not easy..see above..>When I say I had to WORK at it I mean it. Took all kinds of psychological mind games, staying away from places that contributed to the worry and trying to listen to those that told me to stop it. ANd then it's a process ...and at first I was good for just a day, then a week, then two..and on and on. It definitely ain't easy if that's your natural inclination. But I had to do it because ...see that physicall ill part. And that just wasn't good for me..hell I didn't even worry that much over family. I was way over invested and had to come to grips with that too. So I don't mean to be flip, it definitely wasn't stop worrying BAM ..now I'm ok. And I had to do that type of thing not just with worry but many things Clay including logging on at work. And right now I"m only at the point where i can hold out to break and then lunch and then break again..and them yay I'm home. :hysterical:

It's easy to say "Don't worry", but sometimes it's very hard not to, for whatever reason. (((Jaycee)))

Personally, I hold on to a moment at about 5:00 in the Mo Rocca interview, where Mo asks Clay what he'd be doing if he wasn't doing this. Clay pauses and says: "I have absolutely no idea." I think Clay maybe used to have a Plan B in mind, but not so much anymore. I have confidence that opportunities that we can't even imagine yet will be coming his way in due time. IMO, YMMV, and all that jazz.

:wizard: Do they ever cast Americans in the Harry Potter movies, and have we already seen all of the older Weasley brothers? I've lost track.

Maw'? We're not maw'!... nuqDaq ta' SoH pol yuch! [and what's wrong with you people who don't speak Klingon!!??!?]

Wo shuo de bu hao Klingon. Wo shi Meiguo ren.

(and I hope you've been practicing too :P Reading is something else, though -- 我穿上不很好讲Klingon。 我是美国人。 )

HA! I can soooo understand that!!! Yay!!1!! (Hi-fives my teacher, Ms. Xiaoyang. This is going in this week's diary.)

Wo ye shi Mei Guo ren. Wo xue xi Zhong Wen, bu Klingon.

我也是一个美国人。我学习中文. 我不学习Klingon.

Maw'? We're not maw'!... nuqDaq ta' SoH pol yuch! [and what's wrong with you people who don't speak Klingon!!??!?]

Wo shuo de bu hao Klingon. Wo shi Meiguo ren.

(and I hope you've been practicing too :P Reading is something else, though -- 我穿上不很好讲Klingon。 我是美国人。 )

HA! I can soooo understand that!!! Yay!!1!! (Hi-fives my teacher, Ms. Xiaoyang. This is going in this week's diary.)

Wo ye shi Mei Guo ren. Wo xue xi Zhong Wen, bu Klingon.

LOL! Can we practice with you? (And thanks for not pointing out how I missed the placement a bit as quoted -- should have been "Wo Klingon shuo de bu hao")

ETA: Sorry to have missed this earlier, FromClaygary. {{{on your medical costs and the reasons for them}}}. I didn't clean either and laundry? Eeeek, is it the end of the weekend already? Where did it all go?

Personally, I hold on to a moment at about 5:00 in the Mo Rocca interview, where Mo asks Clay what he'd be doing if he wasn't doing this. Clay pauses and says: "I have absolutely no idea."

This reminds me of a Clay dream I had toward the end of his Spam run in which he said he didn't know what would be next, and that he might finally have time to study meteorology, something he always wanted to do.

:cryingwlaughter:

My family always told me I worried too much - about anything and everything. Then I married my husband, who worries about nothing at all - he's a why-worry-about-something-you-can't-control person. So I've calmed down a lot. [it still bugs me though that he has no concerns when a tornado warning is in the area and I want to know whether or not to hide in the bathroom or closet. And I worry about one or both of my 3-year-old grandtwins falling off or down the open staircase that goes to the loft in their living room - that makes me nuts.]

I don't worry about Clay - I get mad about the crappy stuff that's happened but don't really worry.

Is anyone besides me watching CNN hoping to get a preview of tonight's broadcast?

It's easy to say "Don't worry", but sometimes it's very hard not to, for whatever reason. [b

You know, that's true. My mother has worried her entire life and she wouldn't know what to do if she couldn't be in a dither about something. I think I was following along in her footsteps as a kid, and then I read a line in a book about Benjamin Franklin saying that worry is a total waste of time because 95% of what we worry about will not happen and the other 5% is best dealt with when it materializes. It took effort to push worry out of my mind, but I made the effort whenever I recognized it in my conscious thoughts and pretty soon the nagging worrying evaporated. I'd get all uptight about something -- a bill or a medical problem, just anything, and say, "Self, forget about it, this is in the 95% group." It worked for me. Another thing I got rid of was regret, the twin sister of worry. If it did or didn't happen, it's done and tomorrow is more important than yesterday. This can be interpreted as sublimation, but I know I'm happy, and my mother has never really been happy because she's always too worried about something going wrong. I remember when I told her I was pregnant and she was devastated because she was going to have another person in this world to worry about. She took it personally that I was having a baby to increase her emotional baggage. Being here now is impossible if our minds are constantly in the past and future, and, ultimately, living in the here and now is all we have that's real.

Okay, a movie for Clay. It would be funny and poignant, that's for sure. After the guard scene in Spamalot, which to me was classic Laurel & Hardy, I can envision Clay Aiken playing the life of Stan Laurel on the screen much the way Robert Downey, Jr. played Charlie Chaplin. After Mike Nichols raved about Clay's comedic gifts, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have something in development with Clay in mind.

ETA: Bottlecap! Where can I get my hands on that sandwichboard? That's hilarious!

oh bwah..that says Clay Fans UNTIE....I just automatically read it as Clay Fans UNITE. Hilarious.

This reminds me of a Clay dream I had toward the end of his Spam run in which he said he didn't know what would be next, and that he might finally have time to study meteorology, something he always wanted to do.

well we did see him do the weather that time...not too bad :hysterical:

I'm generally not much of a worrier, and usually for only short periods, because like KAndre said, it doesn't do one bit of good. However, with that being said, sometimes I do angst about Clay, even moreso than family sometimes because at least with them I feel like I can do something to make things better. With Clay, what am I going to do, picket the radio stations (anyone else want to join me) and demand they play his songs. Or maybe I can beat up some dj's or half-assed comedians who think the way to be funny is at the expense of someone else. Not that I am totally against making fun of someone's foibles, hell, that was the only way I made it thru the Bush years, but I do think there has to be a line that you shouldn't cross. For me, personal lives should be off-limits when it comes to humor, unless you open yourself up to it by acting the paragon of virtue while picking up hookers on the sly. Hypocrites deserve being made fun of, they earned it.

Now as for possible movie roles, I wants something where he does a love scene with his shirt off. Don't care if its in a Disney film or whatever, let me see Clay kissing cuz with those lips, you know he has to be a good kisser.

Personally, I hold on to a moment at about 5:00 in the Mo Rocca interview, where Mo asks Clay what he'd be doing if he wasn't doing this. Clay pauses and says: "I have absolutely no idea."

Meteorology??? :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I don't know what Clay will or won't do next. And with my new found perspective, I don't care. If he shows up again, fine. If not, fine. I personally have my doubts he will ever tour off of OMWH unless there is another plan to do something to promote that album. I just cannot see them touring over an album that has tanked and shows no sign of a resurrection. The only people attending would be, as he called us, the same 3000 people - which may be down to closer to 2000 people. I'm not sure that would make it economically feasible.

On the other hand, it is completely possible they have plans to start re-promoting the CD. If that happens and is successful, then he'll probably tour. I never expected a fall tour. I would be surprised if he didn't do a JNT this year, but I also see that as possibility.

I have no clue what Clay is up to. I hope it has nothing to do with babies, but if it does, it does (and I am with whoever said maybe we will never hear anything and no, the father's name does not have to be on the birth certificate). I have a feeling he may be re-evaluating his career goals like many do after something doesn't go as planned. He went from the resounding success of Spamalot to what must have been disappointing sales of OMWH. Maybe its time to re-charge and retool.

Whatever, he will be back. Of this I am pretty sure. Meanwhile, we all have lives to live, right? Let's live them and let Clay live his!

See, jmh - you ain't shallow enough.

30 seconds - top four:

D, I, F & G - in that order. Would do him. Wouldn't even get out my caliper.

D

D

D

H

E

I would soooo do D. And when I was finished, I'd do H and E. And then D again.

Untie.jpg

bottle... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: You need a number to call and a spellchecker! :cryingwlaughter:

CG... I think it's a little premature to say OMWH has tanked. How bout, swiftly sunk... :cryingwlaughter: OMWH the single has done better than the last two singles. If the second single is a good one and gets play, then the cd may have some legs. But, it sure ain't doin' what was hoped for. I am remaining positive that it's not/they aren't done yet.

I do agree about the re-thinking that may be being done on a lot of fronts. And that could be a good thing. Some really great stuff could come out of that.

Hey, the least you Klingon/Chinese speaking peeps could do is put in English sub-titles... geesh! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I personally don't care if he tours to the same 3000 people. He can do that. He toured in 2005 with NO record. He's been touring off the same christmas album for 4 years. There are people who have sold over a million copies of an album, closer to 2 million and haven't been able to sustain a tour of any sort. I would love a tour in small venues and actually look forward to it, even if I have to look at the same people I've been looking at the last 3 years. But that is always a gross exaggeration. He can find appropriate size venues, and every town has one..and hit the road with quiana and ang and small ensemble, or god forbid (but not me) he do the symphony thing again. I welcome it and will be there in a heartbeat. He has other options open to him as well, like tour with a partner or be an opening act. I don't think it's 5000 venues or bust or even 3000 venues or bust. I wouldnt' even mind a combo tour during the Xmas season.

IIT I'm pretty sure the no touring was a choice he made, one most parents make when they have children on the way if they can afford it.

His heavy touring schedule has been an anomaly anyway. None of my other favorite artists tour as much as Clay and it really has grown to an expectation. But the bottom line is touring is how Clay makes money and maybe it won't be bigger venues and $$$ and maybe it will be small venues and $$ but it's better than .

Justme: I'ts obvious that this album is under performing his past efforts - we've already discussed the many reasons why including a change in the industry. I don't even care to get into that at the moment but I haven't given up on it either but for me the success of it based on its artistic merit. It's a fabulous album and one that I feel certain will find an audience over time.

I don't agree that this cd has tanked at all and I really don't like when people start giving obituaries when someone is not dead yet. There has only been one single released, which even if it goes no further, and I'm not saying that it won't, it did better than his other singles did on radio. And Clay said that he would be taking time off before doing more promo so why act like it's over. He may have plans in the works for a song to be played on SYTYCD or one to be used in a movie/show/commercial, etc.

I don't mind people worrying but it really bothers me when they state something negative as fact when they don't know anymore than I do. Own what you say but don't put it on the rest of us who don't feel the same way. I don't think Clay worked his ass off by working overtime to get this cd out just to let it die.

I don't think Clay worked his ass off by working overtime to get this cd out just to let it die.
True dat.

:wizard: Do they ever cast Americans in the Harry Potter movies...<snip>

Oh that would be brilliant! He's certainly quirky enough and he does have that brit accent down pat!

ETA - qbmifan, I wouldn't mind a Christmas tour either IF it is done ala JNaT '06. That was perfection for me. There aint nothin like struttin Clay :hubbahubba: Otherwise I'd rather wait for a pop/rock tour with OMWH whenever that is.

I have a hard time stating that he can not tour on this CD because it did not sell. There are artist in concerts all over who are not superstars and have a loyal fanbase who enjoy listening to them. They fill smaller venues. I personaly hate huge venues. The sound half the time is poor and you can not see very well. If Clay does not tour until spring so be it. I for one hopes he tours this Christmas. He sings Christmas music beautifully and everytime I have seen him the place has been sold out. Everyone of his Christmas tours have been different and I have enjoyed those I went to. Sure I like everyone else wanted better sells for this CD, but I love it. Some artist would of loved to have the numbers that he has. In my opinion we are so bent on the fact that he does not sell like other AI people that we have lost some of the joy that use to be around.

I have a hard time stating that he can not tour on this CD because it did not sell. There are artist in concerts all over who are not superstars and have a loyal fanbase who enjoy listening to them. They fill smaller venues. I personaly hate huge venues. The sound half the time is poor and you can not see very well. If Clay does not tour until spring so be it. I for one hopes he tours this Christmas. He sings Christmas music beautifully and everytime I have seen him the place has been sold out. Everyone of his Christmas tours have been different and I have enjoyed those I went to. Sure I like everyone else wanted better sells for this CD, but I love it. Some artist would of loved to have the numbers that he has. In my opinion we are so bent on the fact that he does not sell like other AI people that we have lost some of the joy that use to be around.

For me, the part about him now selling like other AI people, is a lot what bothers me. And it's not just the sales but that some of them have faced no opposition or resistance from the radio stations and the critics. I know it is irrational but I get so angry that he is not accepted like Carrie or Daughtry or Kelly. Because he hasn't conformed to some people's pre-conceived roles for him, he gets torn down and roadblocks seem to be put in his way. Why are some people so threatened by individualism? I don't understand the mindset that everyone needs to conform. And when some of his critics actually say that he is playing things safe or doing nothing new, I just want to smack them because he is breaking from the norm. He is doing something so courageous because he's not trying to fit in but doing things his way. I admire him so much for standing up for who he is because it gives me courage to do the same for myself and I'm sure there are others out there like me who are stronger because of him.

Well now, I had all kinds of pithy things to say and then Comcast went kerflooey and I had a heck of a time getting back in here.

Not ready to start playing "Taps" for OMWH, I am sure Clay will tour at some point and I am looking forward to whatever Clay has in the works for the future.

Kim

Hey, the least you Klingon/Chinese speaking peeps could do is put in English sub-titles... geesh! :F_05BL17blowkiss:
Apologies!

Scarlett said:

我穿上不很好讲Klingon。 我是美国人。

Which means she doesn't speak Klingon very well, that she is an American.

That last part, 美国, means America. We may see some of this at the Olympics. Also look for big signs everywhere that say 中国, which means China, literally the Middle Kingdom. 中国人 means a Chinese person, just like 美国人 means an American person.

I replied:

Which means I am also an American and that I'm studying the Chinese language, not Klingon.

And I think we'll take our Chinese discussion to e-mail before we get a little note or whatever the admins do here when we're waaaaayyyy off topic.

:whistling-1:

I've been trying to choose my favorite Clay look, and I just can't. I truly love all of them. If I were forced to pick, I'd go for Roller Coaster Clay, at least I think that's the day E was taken.

As for Clay touring to the same 3000 people, or 2000 people, or even 1000 people dot dot dot it's fine with me as long as I'm one of them. Was it KAndre who painted the picture of Clay playing a small club? I'm so there.

Hey, if it's just going to be us 3000 or so people, maybe we should all just rent a bunch of buses and follow him around. I'm in.

go get a sandwich? :lmaosmiley-1:

LOL! You know the stock prices for green ink have gone down considerably lately, I guess there's a huge surplus being created someplace.