#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

I never saw this..OMWH in a Korean Olympics commercial? If you haven't seen it ..I found it in Carolina Clay's blog. Scroll down a bit. heee it's perfect for that. I love it!

Couch Tomato, glad you saw it! I couldn't get the player to work, so I included a Sendspace and linked to two blogs that have one running. :lol:

This is a test. A Google search from Taipei just came on the blog's "live feed." I assume this is "Carolina Clay" in Chinese: 作者Carolina Clay How kewl! Actually, the neatest part is that this person was searching for "Forget I Ever Knew You." :)

:hello:Cindilu2!

Thnx again for all the birthday greetings. Have a great day, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

This is a test. A Google search from Taipei just came on the blog's "live feed." I assume this is "Carolina Clay" in Chinese: 作者Carolina Clay How kewl! Actually, the neatest part is that this person was searching for "Forget I Ever Knew You." :)

Cool. According to Babelfish, 作者 means "author".

I'm with couchie, OMWH the album just gets better and better. I love "Forget I Ever Knew You."

Last day of conference. Have staff debrief at 2 pm and then hotel meeting at 4. And I have a helluva long list of 'notes' to present to the hotel director. The catering manager has been jerking us around for weeks and I'm gonna go to this meeting armed with our contract and various emails from before my arrival here to prove just how badly he messed up and then I'm gonna get me some money back!

oh.yes.i.am.

And then? Well, my older daughter is still snoring in our room after she joined us all for the dinner cruise on the Columbia River last night...when Sleeping Beauty wakes up, she's gonna take the light rail into Portland to explore while I finish up my business here and then hopefully, there'll be time for me to join her.

Cool. According to Babelfish, 作者 means "author".

I'm with couchie, OMWH the album just gets better and better. I love "Forget I Ever Knew You."

HEEE -- that makes sense! :lol:

I love FIEKY and everything about OMWH. Hopefully, all the montages and sharing/giftng of CD's will pay off when Clay tours.

Caro listen.gif

Taking a break from covering for the co-worker who is on vacation. She has a fairly menial but quite busy job, much more physical than mine (which generally involves sitting on my ass for 8 hours straight). But at least it makes the time pass quickly!

Gym? Since I hurt my knee almost two months ago, I've had to stop going to the gym. And you know what? I miss it. A lot. I am so looking forward to going back again. I agree with Fear -- it's an appointment for me, regularly scheduled on my calendar. It's the only way to keep at it, IMO.

I agree, but in the warmer months here, I much prefer to do my exercising outside....mainly walking (which is what I do at the gym on the track or treadmill) plus the occasional bike ride. Once we get back into the snow and ice I'll be there like clockwork.

Claygasm said:
I could give you my reason for why I think it might be possible that in hindsight Clay thinks including YWT in his pop tour might have been a mistake, but you would just disagree with whatever I said so I will spare everyone my thoughts on the subject!
So, basically, you just don't feel you should be disagreed with? If you post that you are not pleased, you are inviting posts from people who ARE pleased.

Or maybe she just doesn't want to beat the dead horse again. Works for me. :)

Holy shit, I'm three rounds behind in the Broad's contest. Link here: LBFCA.

As much as I was enjoying the contest, I have to admit that I haven't voted in quite a few rounds. I just can't pick!

djs111, I wonder if they are showing the Dark Knight in Quebec City, in English? Might be something to do when we're there. My son is dying to see it, so much so that he rented Batman Begins yesterday, so he could remember what happened in it. I think my daughter plans to go and see a midnight showing of it tonight, here in town, too. It's a big one! So sad about Heath Ledger, but it will really drive the profits up for this movie.

ETA: According to cinemaclock.ca, apparently not. Only the french version, "Chevalier Noir". :(

Sorry I missed the Mexico Unicef pics before they disappeared....hopefully I already have them somewhere.

Yayy!

I finally found my Clay Mexico UNICEF album!

I knew I had donated and gotten it, but couldn't find it!

So - yeah - both of the pictures were from that album. I hadn't looked at it in AGES!

There are only 6 pics that include Clay. :) One we've seen a lot - it's Clay reaching out the mic to some children. So it must have been on the UNICEF site as well.

:whereareu:

:woohoo: I got my car back!

Also went and got my haircut; I have such thick heavy hair and it had grown out so much it was beginning to look like I had a helmet on my head...now with about 2 inches gone; it feels so light and carefree....I figure I'll need one more cut before the wedding in September.

Dog is scratching at the door, better go let her out!

Kim

Addendum to the car story:

Don't you just love service men who think they are comedians...we handed over our credit card and he says "that will be $1.000 at which point I am all up in his face because he quoted us $645 and he says I did and then shows us the bill with the actual charge of $562...so not funny. But yay! for us that the bill was not as bad as we thought it was going be.

Kim

Claygasm said:
I could give you my reason for why I think it might be possible that in hindsight Clay thinks including YWT in his pop tour might have been a mistake, but you would just disagree with whatever I said so I will spare everyone my thoughts on the subject!

So, basically, you just don't feel you should be disagreed with? If you post that you are not pleased, you are inviting posts from people who ARE pleased.

You know, djs, I sure wish you would stop telling me what I meant!! You have done that twice now in the last 24-hours and you have been dead wrong both times. What I meant is what I said - I would explain my reasons but I knew she would disagree with me in the end so why bother and why get into another bru-ha-ha over a long ago controversy. I just didn't think it was worth my while since it doesn't really matter. I also didn't think it was worth dragging the board into something that happened 4 years ago. Trust me, I did my time in hell over that. I don't need to go there again, and neither does this board. Because of that, I saw no reason to go into it. I was just being considerate!

Where did I say or even imply I didn't think I should be disagreed with? How could you POSSIBLY have pulled that from what I posted?

I don't know, djs, but it sure seems you are making it your mission lately to twist my words almost as if you are trying to goad me into a fight or something! Trust me. You don't want to do that!

But then again. You would never do that, I'm sure.

I know! Maybe you do know me better than I know myself and are just being helpful, making sure I know what I really mean when delusional me thought I meant something else!

If that's the case, thank you so much for caring. :sm227:

Okay, this is way too long without a post. What a ya have lives or somethin?

I'm packed (just food, drinks and games) and waiting for my friend to come by and get me. I brought my dvd player with some Clay videos. They always expect that. And they have gone to a few Christmas concerts with me. We'll pig out on pizza, snacks and I'm bringing a pink lemonade cake for dessert.

Hope you all have a great evening. :cocktail:

Okay, this is way too long without a post. What a ya have lives or somethin?

I'm packed (just food, drinks and games) and waiting for my friend to come by and get me. I brought my dvd player with some Clay videos. They always expect that. And they have gone to a few Christmas concerts with me. We'll pig out on pizza, snacks and I'm bringing a pink lemonade cake for dessert.

Hope you all have a great evening. :cocktail:

We just had lunch at the Culinary Arts Institute (as seen on the Food Network) and are heading out to board a ferry. We'll be meeting up with couchie tomorrow and driving to Santa Cruz.

Have a great evening!!!

Cotton, I found the e-mail but can't find the file itself and the download link has expired. What's the extension of the file? (or anything else I can search by, please? thx!)

Boy it is sure slow around here. Taking off tomorrow for four days to Portland,Wa. to visit some friends who use to bike with us and got transfered out there. No internet access so something will probably happen.

I am one of those who does not like to be to disagreeable on a message board. If you talk to me in person I am far more vocal. I just have a hard time typing what I actually want to say. There has been some things that Clay has said or done that I may not like but when I really disagree with someone I tend to take their opinion and sit on it. I do not like being controversional. I want this fantham to be fun, not giving me a headache or a sad feeling. When I am reading other places, I know that alot of people (or maybe the same few), just believe that he is done and will never get respect because of his actions or non comments on subjects that the tabloids continue to bring out. I just what to believe that he will be here for us , and we will see him in concerts again, and maybe some other project is on it way. I do not believe he is ready to give this all up.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

What...I just talked to ya'll on the phone and you didn't mention where you ate. I have many connections at the Culinary Academy. It's a place we had our company Xmas party every year (when I worked in the city) and when one of my old companies went bankrupt half of my fellow co-workers ended up there and I almost did as well but I didn't really want the position they had availalbe. I'd be 300 pounds if I worked there hee.

Have fun tonight you guys and see you at a reasonable PACIFIC COAST time tomorrow morning heee. Don't you dare call me at 5:30 AM on a Saturday!!

Oh about that bay cruise? TAKE A COAT..a very HEAVY and WARM coat. You know that old saying about the best winter ever spent was a summer day in San Francisco. .. that is absolute truth. I'm more suprised when it's warm.

1 hour 7 minutes to go

Speaking of SF - I read this article today and it cracked me up. Someone, please let us know if this actually happens!

BWAH that would be sooooo apt...

Anyway....this time last year couchie and I were busy planning our CA four fer....I want to be with you guys!!! I actually love the weather at SF...even when it gets foggy...you always should have a hoodie handy.

eeeeeeeeee It's the weekend and I get to have my 50" Plasma TV, Blu-Ray player and Bose surround sound system installed! Guess who I will be watching and listening to tomorrow? He will be upconverted...that sounds almost durrty!

Meanwhile anything new in Clay Land...no? Thought not.

I miss him like crazy!

Eeeeeeeeeee! Baseball is back...I have a little connection to the EHP, my Cubbies are playing the Astros in Houston.

Off to watch the game!

Kim

Claygasm said:

A perfect example of a phrase that invites people to think Claygasm has an issue with the discussions on the boards – you (CG) asked me why I thought you did, here is an answer in the bolded portion. I’ve sent you a PM – not meant to be mean, but to explain why I think people react to your words the way they do. The above is another example.

Oh, and I said "blatantly dishonest" as sort of a play on your "blatantly honest", but I was referring to your statements along the lines of saying that you have trouble believing that people who are not bothered (or outright nauseated) by some of the rumours of Clay's personal life are being straightforward. If you believe people are not being straghtforward about their feelings, that implies to me that you feel they are being dishonest.

Exactly. You can’t imply that people are dishonest and expect good, productive “discussion” – it rarely works that way.

Claygasm said:

You know, djs, I sure wish you would stop telling me what I meant!! You have done that twice now in the last 24-hours and you have been dead wrong both times.

See above. And my PM to you. The words you choose matter. That is what people react to. And I’m not just talking about this post. I have thought the same thing on many occasions as djs and I am not so willing as Luckiest to just ignore it. <g>

Where did I say or even imply I didn't think I should be disagreed with? How could you POSSIBLY have pulled that from what I posted?

I don't know, djs, but it sure seems you are making it your mission lately to twist my words almost as if you are trying to goad me into a fight or something! Trust me. You don't want to do that!

But then again. You would never do that, I'm sure.

I know! Maybe you do know me better than I know myself and are just being helpful, making sure I know what I really mean when delusional me thought I meant something else!

If that's the case, thank you so much for caring. :sm227:

Yes, this will help ever so much. Accusation, then a threat, followed by sarcasm. Not all discussion is good. I suppose because I hold this opinion you will accuse me of trying to muzzle you? This is a good way to encourage a pile on, for sure...or perhaps the scroll. No one here is responding to silence. Therefore, IMO, all parties to a discussion have to take responsibility for their part in it.

<snip> When I am reading other places, I know that alot of people (or maybe the same few), just believe that he is done and will never get respect because of his actions or non comments on subjects that the tabloids continue to bring out. I just what to believe that he will be here for us , and we will see him in concerts again, and maybe some other project is on it way. I do not believe he is ready to give this all up.

I don't believe he is either! No way, Jose!! I have a headache reading all of the different angst around the various boards. Boy, I never realised just how many different Clay topics could be so controversial and repetitive. Oy! I'm also one to still be sitting in the 50/50 car where the baby rumor is concerened. It seems nearly most of the bizzare rumors started about him in the past were just that. So until I hear from the man himself it's gonna be just "a rumor" to me. And even then, IIT, I have come to the conclusion that it will have less an impact on him career wise than some appear to agonize about AND I have NO control over the situation anyway. So phffft!

I'm thinking he has a bright future ahead of him and he just needs his FANS to be there when he is ready to entertain again or support a cause that is important if we can. This new approach seems to work wonders for my blood pressure :cryingwlaughter:

It is very quiet on the boards today. So here's a few hugs for all those in need of news or another picture. Cause it's our job to be greedy bitches where Clay is concerned. Right? :whistling-1:

Right! :thbighug-1:

Looong hot day at work. Come in for a little light reading and see that poor old horse is just getting the shit kicked out of him again.

Leaving again. It is just painful sometimes to read people's personal agendas.

treenuts, I'm in the same car with you on the rumors. In the beginning I actually believed it more than I do now and until Clay addresses it one way or another, I have no clue if its true. Also don't feel that the rumors will affect him all that much in the long run. I just keep going back to the Angelina Jolie case. She has made some weird choices in her life, at least I think some are weird, like the whole blood vial thing for instance. And she has admitted to things that would have destroyed some stars but she doesn't try to justify her decisions to the press or public, and for the most part she seems to have ignored the trash the media/tabloids constantly bring up. But even though I know an awful lot about her, true or not, the things that stick the most to me are her humanitarian efforts and her love of children. Plus whenever I have seen her in interviews, she seems like a really nice and smart woman. Now none of this respect on my part came overnight. It took awhile to overlook the crap and so now, I'm actually more interested in seeing her film work than I was previously, and I think that is how things will wind up being with Clay. Those people who have mainly been exposed to the crap will eventually hear some of the stuff that Clay does and come to respect him and become interested in finding out more about his projects. And since I feel like he is in this business for the long-term, then I feel we will see more and more people realizing how great he really is.

Boy, that was a long paragraph. Hopefully someone here will be able to get to the end of it.