#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Hey Play - no offense taken. But a little background would be enlightening I think. Bears were not indigenous to this neighborhood for many, many years (neighbor and BFF has lived here for 30 years....) The bears usually live down in the canyon which is probably a good 30 miles away - as the crow flies! Several things have happened in recent years that have brought them to our neighborhood....The first of which is the really bad fire they had at Lake Tahoe last year. That IS an indigenous area for bears. Well - good ol' Fish & Game trapped alot of the bears that were displaced by the fire (and going into neighborhoods around the lake) and delivered them to lower elevations......(read Iseeme lives at the lower elevation) The second thing that's happened this year is California is in a drought right now and the food chain has changed immeasurably - hence, they're traveling farther to eat. And thirdly, people are just plain stupid!!! There are warnings all over to keep your garbage cans in your garage (if you have one, Iseeme does not) and to put bungee cords on your cans. Nobody pays attention. So the bear thinks to himself "self....there's a feast to be had on Circle View Drive."

I would not want anyone to kill or maim the bear - which worries me since the mountain men are gearing up - but it would sure be nice if F&G would tranquilize them and transport them to more remote locations before they actually do hurt someone. They will break into houses, rip open refrigerators, totally destroy kitchens and pantries. Eek - and I bet they think Siamese are just appetizers.....

No one responded about which concert tour Clay sang YWT....Anybody?

Clay touching Quiana - that was the most hysterical moment. I think he really embarassed himself. It's one thing to grind on Angela as part of the performance but I think he's still a Southern gentleman and very respectful of women. (oh wait, forgot about Boobgate :cryingwlaughter: but that was just goofing around!)

And I just had to mention the way Jerome is looking at Clay in that picture.......that was definitely an awwwwwwww moment!

I'm enjoying myself tremendously - Continental even gave me 'n Scarlett a free tour of the Oakland runaway!

I am keeping my eye on my board requirements - be entertaining dammit!

and so far Scarlett has only been in front of window dancing mostly nekkid once!

How's come there's not a pic of that in the picture thread???

Hey, Cotton! How cool that you saw a hummingbird at your feeder! My daughter and I took a quick little overnight to the mountains last weekend, and saw quite a few hummingbirds. They are amazing little things! It's difficult to get a picture because they move so fast. I was able to get a few pics:

708Hummingbird2.jpg

0708Hummingbird.jpg

I gotta just share one more pic, if ya'll will indulge me. We waited until evening to leave, and were rewarded with a lovely sunset over the lake. I usually edit my pics, but I love the color in this one so I just left it unedited:

708SunsetatThornLake.jpg

Clay touching Quiana - that was the most hysterical moment. I think he really embarassed himself. It's one thing to grind on Angela as part of the performance but I think he's still a Southern gentleman and very respectful of women. (oh wait, forgot about Boobgate :cryingwlaughter: but that was just goofing around!)

And I just had to mention the way Jerome is looking at Clay in that picture.......that was definitely an awwwwwwww moment!

I watched that clip again today - it's hysterical!

And I totally agree about how Jerome is looking at Clay. They are both lucky to have such a great working relationship.

I think a lot of Clay's "embarrassment" came from Quiana's reaction - "You touched me!" Even though she said it kind of softly at first! And the fact that it wasn't scripted like the Angie dancing is. One of those "Oopsie" moments!

I don't think it's that he's an angel or anything. Joking around, intentionally, teasing, is one thing. "Grabbing" Q's boobie by accident - something else entirely.

Wow! Gibby! Aww! Neither of my feeders has a perch either! Dangit. It'll be even more difficult!

Pretty sunset, too!

Yeah! What's wrong with that Clay guy?! Doesn't he know he should have "people" carrying his suitcase??!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

My DIL fusses all the time about DS wearing the jeans he wore in college!

He can dress and look really nice when he wants to, but he weighs about the same as he did before they were married (5 years+) and still has the same jeans and khaki's he had then. And it's a wonder they stay up on his narrow self!

At least Clay is in a dress casual shirt most of the time. DS has T-shirts that may need carbon dating to determine their age!

Gibby - WOW!! Beautiful pictures!!!

We've had issues around here with different wild animals "moving into" neighborhoods where you wouldn't think one would see them. I think one of the other issues besides the ones like Iseeme noted is the continuing move of man into areas where people haven't been before. The population continues to grow so the cities and towns continue to grow, folks are moving away from the "city" parts and one of the choices is to move to unpopulated areas where the animals lived free before. I'm always amazed when I make the drive from Milwaukee to Madison how much the area in between continues to shrink relative to open, unpopulated land. I think man is actually moving into some of the animal's "neighborhoods" and people are then surprised when the animals come out to play... just another perspective - not to say that it makes the animals any less dangerous - they are for sure - I mean, they're wild and people moving into their turf isn't going to make them less so... not sure what the answer is other than people have to be smarter (and follow some common sense rules like Iseeme noted) if they're going to keep trying to find untouched land and more quiet away from the city. Not an issue for me as I'm a city girl through and through - I like me some sidewalks and street lights and noise at night other than crickets... heh. But I do appreciate the love of the country and the desire to get away from the hustle and bustle.

playbiller - before I forget - love your emoticons, etc... a couple were especially LMAO funny!

And those cargo shorts? The same kind of thing my son has worn for years now. He loves them and some of them came with the shaggy "hems"... it's what young men seem to like to wear... as long as they're clean, I guess I can live with it...

Off to take my chocolate chip coffee cake out of the oven and then to find that clip eveyone is talking about!

Aww thanks Ansa......I just remember watching him sing it at Hutch.....we thought we had great seats (6th row center) until we got in there and found out there was a track and another huge area before the stage. We might as well have been in the 100th row! Hee.

In addition to the bear, I had a family of foxes living under my lower deck (George, Gracie and 5 kits) but they only stayed about 2 weeks and then moved on. But they were adorable to watch and Animal Control said they were good for keeping the rodent population down. Have had raccoons, coyotes, and while I've never seen one, the occasional mountain lion. This neighborhood has been here for quite awhile (my house alone is 38 years old) but I know exactly what you're saying about the encroachment of man into what used-to-be wilderness. That's happening all over California and Nevada. It was also happening in New Mexico when I lived there.

Off to chase a little white ball around a large park.....

But before I go...

may41.jpg

And....

sp1.jpg

:013085001176249046:

well, I am watching world's best dog and I Love Money so I am really scraping the bottom of the TV barrel.

Oh no, play, try watching Psych or Monk. I saw the new Psych last night and I have to say "I love those two goofy guys". In some way they remind me of Clay with some weird combo of his traits between the two of them. :hysterical:

Yea, I'm hopeless and totally whipped but shhhh don't tell anybody, k?

sp1.jpg

:013085001176249046:

I couldn't agree more :hubbahubba:

I am not a big poster here and not really one of the "regulars," but I just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoy this board and how much it has helped me at times to just come here.

Last night I was just so upset about some of the things I was reading on another board--don't ask me why I kept reading--sucker for punishment, I guess.

Anyway, I went to bed very upset and woke up still upset. Then I came here this afternoon and saw Playbiller's post with all of the highly appropriate emoticons that just seemed to express my sentiments exactly. I just need to learn to let things roll off my back or scroll more often, I guess.

Anyway, thanks to all of you!!! This is a great board!!!

And one more thing---I love Clay Aiken. And I think he can be trusted to be in charge of his own career. From where I stand he's done just fine so far without my advice.

Hi Rifan, sit nd stay a while - we get angsty too, but someone always posts a pretty picture and we are easily distracted - all those emoticons are on this board except the last one - feel free to use them, heh

Animals - the problems is not just that habitat is shrinking, but as Iseeme posted that the habitat moves - but habitat always moves in time of stress and people are developing in the fall back lands of the animals - just moving the animals to someone else's back yard or putting them back into an environment which is no longer habitable will not work. We cannot expect the animals to change their traits for us - like the example of the mountain lion that ate the child - the parents who wanted to live in the wilderness should have been more alert and possibly built an electrified fence if they wanted their toddler outside by herself - So she was riding a bike on a paved area - still when you live in the mountain lion area,the adult needs to act like an adult and not expect the lion to go - Oh well, I can't eat this easy prey, I need to get something with fur. Or all the people in Florida or South Carolina (a friend of mine) who got their dog eaten by alligators while tied outside - DUH!

I am not a big poster here and not really one of the "regulars," but I just wanted to let you all know how much I enjoy this board and how much it has helped me at times to just come here.

Last night I was just so upset about some of the things I was reading on another board--don't ask me why I kept reading--sucker for punishment, I guess.

Anyway, I went to bed very upset and woke up still upset. Then I came here this afternoon and saw Playbiller's post with all of the highly appropriate emoticons that just seemed to express my sentiments exactly. I just need to learn to let things roll off my back or scroll more often, I guess.

Anyway, thanks to all of you!!! This is a great board!!!

And one more thing---I love Clay Aiken. And I think he can be trusted to be in charge of his own career. From where I stand he's done just fine so far without my advice.

Just as well you didn't join in with the wrestling. I'm still shaking jello out of my ears.

heh

I'm all for you becoming "regular". If fiber doesn't do the trick, then perhaps daily posting will help?

O/T - but a tropical storm is heading up the Carolina coasts, and I imagine New Jersey might feel some of that afterwards!

Heeeee.......remember when Emmit Smith won SYTYCD? Small range war between those who felt Mario was technically superior and those who just loved to watch Emmit dancing. (I was an Emmit fan).

The comment about being a "regular" did this to me: :lmaosmiley-1:

I will try to post more often and not just lurk and read. I do pretty much visit here every day. I post more at CV and also enjoy that board. See some of the same folks here as well.

(But, I gotta' say I am just a little skeeered about going back to CH for a while--not a member and can't post there anyway.) Maybe it is just as well that I cannot post there. God knows what I would have said last night--I was just in such an awful state.

{{{RIFAN}}}

Not a fan of the glasses so much but I do LOVE this pic.

The way he looks into the camera with that CFM NOW look....just gahhhh

double click for twice the lick

RIFAN, I was reading at the CH too and wondered who let the animals out of the cages. Some of the posts made me wonder how they would talk about someone they didn't like. Good lord, if he does that much that they don't like then why bother. And some of it, not all but some, goes back to tone. It's one thing to say you don't like a particular song or hairstyle or whatever, and quite another to say that he's wrong in singing these kinds of songs or wearing his hair a certain way and if he'd only do things their way then he'd be perfect. Thankfully I did see a lot of people, some from here, who were doing their part to balance out the negative nellies that showed up all of a sudden. I do like reading over there, not a member, because sometimes they have some good discussions going on but sometimes, like last night it gets pretty nasty. I'm one of those who has a hard time with sarcasm though because I've seen it get pretty mean, so that Twop board some of you guys talk about would definitely have not been for me.

And treenuts, I love Monk and Psyche and am so glad they are back on. When Gus was pulling Sean along the floor last night, I thought it was hilarious and yeah, I can see Clay in them.

O/T - but a tropical storm is heading up the Carolina coasts, and I imagine New Jersey might feel some of that afterwards!

Heeeee.......remember when Emmit Smith won SYTYCD? Small range war between those who felt Mario was technically superior and those who just loved to watch Emmit dancing. (I was an Emmit fan).

Psst! djs it was Dancing with the Stars.

Hey, I'm lucky I remember any tv shows. :smartass:

Eeep! It's already after 5:00 here - where did my Saturday go?? :shrug:

Another Monk & Psych fan checking in! Did you see the episode of Psych last season where they tried out for "American Duos"? It was verra funny. :hysterical:

Dang! Thanks, Fear, and I hope that tropical depression (sounds like a drink or like my current mood) does not affect you or playbiller.

I just posted this at the CH, it sums up my attitude towards some things:

IMO "critical thinking" is not the same thing as "being critical", although I feel the two are (incorrectly) considered to be the same thing by some people. Sometimes when I read something touted as "critical thinking", I feel the person posting is implying that being critical and finding fault is somehow superior, when all it really is, is their own subjective opinion, which happens to be negative.

Dang! Thanks, Fear, and I hope that tropical depression (sounds like a drink or like my current mood) does not affect you or playbiller.

I just posted this at the CH, it sums up my attitude towards some things:

IMO "critical thinking" is not the same thing as "being critical", although I feel the two are (incorrectly) considered to be the same thing by some people. Sometimes when I read something touted as "critical thinking", I feel the person posting is implying that being critical and finding fault is somehow superior, when all it really is, is their own subjective opinion, which happens to be negative.

djs, your response was perfect and said much better than anything I could say.

And I did see that episode annabear although I am not blessed with total or even partial recall so the details are fuzzy.

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got a call from Muski. She and MuskiDaughter #1 are on I-5 between Portland and Eugene, OR. They kept losing radio stations but finally got one of those STAR stations. They listened to all the usual suspects - Leona Lewis, Maroon 5, Daughtry, Clay Aiken....

WAIT!!!

Clay Aiken???????? She said she found herself staring at the radio in disbelief as she heard the strains of OMWH coming out of a radio!!!!!!

It was such an unusual occurrence that she just had to call and tell me about it!

**Sigh** I guess I'll just have to enjoy the excitement vicariously. Heaven knows, pigs will fly before its heard here in the greater Philadelphia area!

But I'm glad someone has heard OMWH on the radio!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got a call from Muski. She and MuskiDaughter #1 are on I-5 between Portland and Eugene, OR. They kept losing radio stations but finally got one of those STAR stations. They listened to all the usual suspects - Leona Lewis, Maroon 5, Daughtry, Clay Aiken....

WAIT!!!

Clay Aiken???????? She said she found herself staring at the radio in disbelief as she heard the strains of OMWH coming out of a radio!!!!!!

It was such an unusual occurrence that she just had to call and tell me about it!

**Sigh** I guess I'll just have to enjoy the excitement vicariously. Heaven knows, pigs will fly before its heard here in the greater Philadelphia area!

Great news!!!and hey its not the middle of the night!!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

WAIT!!!

He isn't played in the Mpls/St. Paul area, either.

I hope the station is monitored and will show up on Media Base.