#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Just got a call from Muski. She and MuskiDaughter #1 are on I-5 between Portland and Eugene, OR. They kept losing radio stations but finally got one of those STAR stations. They listened to all the usual suspects - Leona Lewis, Maroon 5, Daughtry, Clay Aiken....

WAIT!!!

Clay Aiken???????? She said she found herself staring at the radio in disbelief as she heard the strains of OMWH coming out of a radio!!!!!!

It was such an unusual occurrence that she just had to call and tell me about it!

**Sigh** I guess I'll just have to enjoy the excitement vicariously. Heaven knows, pigs will fly before its heard here in the greater Philadelphia area!

But I'm glad someone has heard OMWH on the radio!

Well, that is great news!!

If you can get the call letters of the station, I would like to report this to the yes.com group that is voting. (I have been part of that group for most of the summer since I have been recuperating from foot surgery and have to be off my feet.) I can look the call letters up and add it to our list even if it is not monitored by media base. We are keeping track of all the spins each day--monitored and not monitored.

I am going to go over now and tell them about this. They are going to be ecstatic. They are like me--easy when it comes to Clay and we all celebrate every spin over there!!

If anyone is so inclined, feel free to join us at yes.com.

Just realized that this is my third post today. Hope ya don't regret telling me to be a more "regular" poster.

Well, this has really generated lots of excitement over at yes.com. The supersleuths are already into Wikipedia to see what station it could be. They are very good at tracking down spins. There are about 30 possibles. Who knew there would be that many stations in the Portland area!!!! We can punch the call letters into a site that will tell us what songs are played. It's gonna take some time, though.

God, I really think we could find Osama just like Clay said on Kimmel.

Ask Fear about how the people she knows in Portland feel about clay, it isn't pretty.

I really do think that the label is pushing radio play, it just is facing more than normal resistance.

Personal crap - Well, I will be on my way home Monday - too much traffic tomorrow, still watching one ankle swell, but not the foot, I have no idea what is happening, but forgot my blood pressure gauge, so will take medicine and guess for another day - today the water was mild but weird meeting at all different angles and I just couldn't get the umph out to go in the water over my knees, but with this storm coming, I probably won't even try tomorrow.

RIFAN, the station could be out of Eugene too. Or Salem. Or anything in between! Unfortunately muski was on the road and not really paying that much attention to the station - until OMWH came on! All she could remember it was one of those STAR stations that seem to be everywhere.

We think is was KYTE in Newport, Oregon that was the station that just played OMWH. He is on their playlist. Apparently it is not a monitored station, but still pretty exciting to actually see him on a playlist.

Oh, in case you haven't guessed--I am easy when it comes to Clay. Get pretty excited over any little thing.

Definitely seeing storm effects here on the NC Coast! I'm just above the SC line. We've had lots of rain. Pouring!

Which is a good thing! We've been in drought status so long it's really good to see the rain. Even if it messes with plans, I don't mind.

DH called from Detroit about an hour ago. So - he made the drive to RDU safely. And RDU to Detroit - although, they were afraid they might get diverted form Detroit so they needed extra fuel and asked 7 people to get off the plane due to weight! So there was a little delay. DH had a row all to himself, though, with empty seats around so he got to sleep! Kewl.

Send some good card MoJo his way, huh? When he wins, I get Clay $$!!! LOL

He's good that way. :)

He does have work - a seminar - but has some playing time built into his trip!

So - just Droopy and me.

We'll be here all week . . . buh dum dum!

From the few people I know in Portland, they either have never heard of Clay or if they followed AI voted for Ruben. That's all I'll say. Fortunately my son's current girlfriend never watched AI and from hearing the cds I played for her thought Clay was a black male singer. I guess if you don't watch him and have no preconceived notions you can hear the Southern and soulfull in his voice.

O/T After going to the dentist for a teeth cleaning on Monday , I developed a sore throat Tuesday afternoon. I still have the sore throat, sore tongue and laryngitist but otherwise I feel fine. I'm wondering if this could be related to my dental visit? Very weird.

djs no storms here. We're too far from the coast but expect storms later this week. I wish it would rain. My garden is pathetic.

Oh please - send the rain this way. Please.

One more spin - one station at a time.

Golf was good - but thank ya Jesus (tm CHA) I don't need to golf to eat. Oh wait - I would be verra verra skinny!

Just realized that this is my third post today. Hope ya don't regret telling me to be a more "regular" poster.

Welcome! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

GFI_lipbite.gif

Just 'cause. :)

Hello from Quebec City! We had an uneventful drive, and made it here by mid afternoon. The room we are staying in is the bomb! Probably the nicest I've ever had. Big screen TV, pull out couch, computer desk, two arm chairs, microwave, fridge, the list goes on and on. Yay! Rain? Got drenched here in QC this evening. Silly me, decided we should walk down the street to a restaurant for dinner, and left the umbrella and emergency ponchos that I so diligently packed sitting in the hotel room. Dinner ended, and a thunderstorm started. We waited for a while but finally gave up and headed out. Thank goodness for the fabulous bathroom that is probably 3 times the size of the one at home. I was able to warm up and have a nice, leisurely bath when we got back.

So apparently they are opening the gates to the "holding area" tomorrow at 5 a.m. No one is allowed to line up for the Macca concert before that, but I hear that some are parked on side streets, sleeping in their cars (I have local spies, LOL). I think we'll head out sometime before 9 or 10 a.m. tomorrow. They are not allowing any lawn chairs into the site at all, so it's going to be a long, boring, uncomfortable wait until 5 p.m. when they let us out of the "holding area" and into the actual site of the concert. Then two opening acts before Paul takes the stage at 9:15 p.m. I hope the weather cooperates! And they say there are no food services at all, so be sure to bring all the water & food you need for your wait. Me thinks they are trying to deter people from coming too early.

From the sound of things, I picked a good weekend to be off the boards. I've skimmed here but have no plans to read elsewhere or, god forbid, go back and read. Prefer to look forward, heh.

Luckiest, I must have been picking up Macca vibes from you because I watched both the Back in the US DVD, followed by the McCartney in Red Square DVD from the Back in the World tour, specifically to watch/hear Back in the USSR on that one. Good stuff. This put me on a musical tangent that led me through Lennon and Harrison and eventually to this performance of Guitar Gently Weeps from the R&R Hall of Fame as performed by Tom Petty, Prince, George's son Dhani Harrison, and the ELO/Wilburys' Jeff Lynne + more. So .....

Because Prince totally blew me away on this, I thought I'd share. And Dhani looks so much like his father it's amazing. But, seriously, if you haven't seen this, don't miss Prince on guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D7sT1HRV2qU

I also watched some of that gorgeous DivX of AI5. Good times.

Looks like someone made a montage using OMWH for the Olympics. It really would have been a good song for all the Olympic coverage soon to come. Talk about a missed opportunity! Of course, I guess technically it can't be missed if it was never a possibility!

Ouch, luckiest. That whole Macca set-up sounds too long, involved and uncomfortable for some guy old enough to be my dad. But then it's NOT CLAY so my judgement may be a bit clouded ;)

I keed I keed... sorta

I guess seeing Ringo twice will have to be my swan song effort at ever seeing the Beatles (my all time favs & the greatest band evah) live. BWAH

And treenuts, I love Monk and Psyche and am so glad they are back on. When Gus was pulling Sean along the floor last night, I thought it was hilarious and yeah, I can see Clay in them.

I DID! That CMSU and I had to rewind it twice because I was laughing so hard I missed the next scene. :cryingwlaughter:

Twice!

Another Monk & Psych fan checking in! Did you see the episode of Psych last season where they tried out for "American Duos"? It was verra funny. :hysterical:

I remember that episode from last season. The "knock off" of AI and it was hysterical! I loved seeing Tim Curry cast in the Slimon role but the chick who played the Paula part was the absolutevodka best! hee

Take care, play & Fear. I hope you both are feeling better soon!

I LOVE THIS BOARD!!!!

Just thought I'd let everyone know!

Well my new stuff is all installed and it is fabulous! Clay looks so good in widescreen and sooo big!!

Now I need to go out and find comfy furniture for the room and i hate looking for funriture.

ansa :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just cos!

Hi from somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains! Had lunch with YSRN and then went to the Boardwalk to ride the Big Dipper, bumper cars, etc.

ETA: Thanks, Gibby, and hugs to you too!!! Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures of the hummingbird and the spectacular sunset!!! :hugs-1:

SCARLETT - hello! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'm so glad you all are having such a good time. Loved the pictures - and it's nice to put faces with names!!!

Couchie - did they wear you out today?

It's late. I'm tired. Have to work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Ta ta for now.

Hi from somewhere in the Santa Cruz mountains! Had lunch with YSRN and then went to the Boardwalk to ride the Big Dipper, bumper cars, etc.

And a fine time it was, too... they call me and they're right around the corner from my house!?! They say they are going to have lunch in my town. Seriously?? Nobody has lunch in my town... not even "us". Yay! So, off I go to watch them devour some Cambodian and tell lies stories. I tell my sister to move the plans out a bit; I gotta go yap it up with the eHP.

Thanks for calling me, girls! It was awesome to see you again. Sorry I couldn't join you on the Boardwalk. I hope you got your jollies and got to stick your feets in the Pacific for a bit.

Have fun on the rest of your journey! And do let me know when the Dakotas trip is. I'm all over it. :cryingwlaughter:

Wow, for people who don't make any plans the eHP sure know how to make a day of it. I left the house at 9:15 and 10 1/2 hours later I'm home, caught up on the board and about to go to work for a bit. They want soul food tomorrow. SOUL FOOD? Heee. I don't buy soul food. I make soul food BUT I'll find a place for us. Merrieeee can you ship your 50" tv over here tomorrow. I don't have any of the new fancy stuff - I'm waiting for a TV to break... but they keep on going strong. eHP might go into shock at my ancient equipment.

So we had lunch at a cantonese or was that cambodian restaurant ..and was so happy that YSRN could join us (Solo, Perusingone, Scarlett, KAndre, me) ... specially on such short notice. But the one thing that is finally in my head... the eHP guidelines. When I emailed YSRN last night I told her I'm 70% sure we're heading your way LOL and my email heading was..It's not my fault this is such short notice. :cryingwlaughter: I've got that down now. I'm also 70% sure we're having soul food tomorrow hee. I was real adventurous and had rice, salad and chicken wings. Perusingone had the nerve to say that me and KAndre didn't know how to eat chicken..we left too much meat on the bone :hysterical::hysterical: Well I never! heeee Scarlett, what was that you had...now that was a bit more adventurous - something about catfish and some sort of leaf...heee. I'll let her tell you. KAndre and Solo waxed poetic about Texas football putting Perusingone to sleep LOL. After a long leisurly lunch we headed to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk. Scarlett really wanted to ride the roller coaster. We should have paid more attention to YSRN..she told us to park on the wharf. Ahem... it took us about 2 hours to find parking! OMG, it was a mess. And then when one girl tried to cut us off after our 2 hour parking adventure, I think KAndre was about to throw down. Not that she needed it, that beach babe didn't stand a chance, but we had her back. hee. After K refused to let her in..she threw out a few curse words in our direction and then flew off fast in the other direction Heee. I think that was smart of her.

Well what do you do in a car for 2 hours besides talk your ass off...listen to Clay..all Clay all the time. I heard songs I haven't heard in over a year like Proud of Your Boy and This is the Night, some of the demos. And somebody ..coughperusingonecough realy must love ATD cuz that came up 3 times. I think MoaM came up at least three times. Meanwhile..HELLO?... where is TRD or ALAWH. She finally played them for me after being informed I was too soft and squishy and need to be more demanding and forceful. OK..I'll be testing that out tomorrow..hope I don't get put out and left at the side of the road. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Anyway, after taking so long to find parking discussion was undeway about whether we should just take off and head back to SF. But you shoulda seen Scarlette's face. I bet she could get any body to do anything she wants. We had to park, no doubt about it. And we had fun. What's not to love, lovely scenery, good weather (it was NOT too cold!) people watching, PerusingOne and KAndre doing a bumper car duel, greasy corn dogs... it was a fun day..looking forward to tomorrow. They are good people.

waves to RIfan!!

BWAH, I wondered how you managed to get into the Santa Cruz Mountains from the Pacific Coast Hiway plan. LOL! Only child syndrome, yo. She learned how to work it early.

:lol: