#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

HEY! I'm back from the beach and totally behind, but I have been catching snatches of the thread all week off & on, when I could get internet service.

Looking forward to more pix from the eHP!!! :D

I have 500+ pictures to sort thru, but I wanted to share this one with you - it's kinda neat! We had a bonfire on the beach last night and there was a full moon. I managed to eek out a good shot with my Sony Cybershot!

DSC02016.jpg

YAAAY for Clay being played on the radio in Portland!

In case no one has posted it (I've just skimmed the last couple of pages...) here is a great montage for Clay fans!

I've been catching up on TV shows for the past 2-3 hours. I am happy with the eliminations on Last Comic Standing! I wanted Paut Foot to stay but am happy about Papa CJ leaving, he was just offensive. But now I just want Ron G to leave, he is equally offensive!

WOW chacha....that looks like a painting!!!

Now lets see how close couchie's recap of the day will be to the official eHP version!!!

Oh I remember the parking dilemma when we visited YSRN...those towns look like it was all cars!!!

Hmmm Cambodian food ...never tried that. Is is pretty much like Vietnamese!!!

I want soul food!!! Couchie how about sending some over my way....hee

Thanks for the link, I had never seen that. And I agree, Dhani fascinates me, he looks so much like George.

Ouch, luckiest. That whole Macca set-up sounds too long, involved and uncomfortable for some guy old enough to be my dad. But then it's NOT CLAY so my judgement may be a bit clouded ;)

I keed I keed... sorta

I guess seeing Ringo twice will have to be my swan song effort at ever seeing the Beatles (my all time favs & the greatest band evah) live. BWAH

Ouch, if Ringo is your swan song effort! :cryingwlaughter: I mean, I love Ringo, he's cute and cuddly and I've seen him once or twice live myself, but to have never witnessed a Macca concert? Seriously, if he tours next year (which they are saying he will), get your butt in a seat. You won't regret it.

I think this will be my sixth McCartney concert. I've never travelled more than an hour or two for one before, but I justified it by asking myself "would you drive to QC if it was Clay?" which of course was a resounding "D101! of course!" So why not, gotta keep busy until Clay comes out to play somehow, right?

Well, I'm up, but son is still snoring. Guess we didn't make the 5 a.m. cattle call. LOL It's not dawning up too bright and sunny here. I think we'll wander down there sometime before noon. Hopefully that'll be early enough to get in. How fast can 200,000 people accumulate? :huh:

*waves to ansa* So close and yet so far............

If you're a glasses lover, this thread at the Clayboard is a good time waster...lots of pretty, pretty pictures...

Yummy Guy in Glasses thread

Hi! I'm fairly new here and I'm mostly a lurker on all the boards, but I just had to post my very favorite picture of Clay in glasses. Isn't he just gorgeous?! :wub:

Zippy888_Greenvale2006.jpg

keepingfaith- that video of While My Guitar Gently Weeps reminds me of a story a woman I work with told me a while ago. She was out driving somewhere, all alone in her car, and suddenly she got this feeling that someone was watching her. She glanced over to the passenger seat, and she swears that George Harrison was sitting next to her....just sitting, looking at her. She described what he was wearing, and that he never said a word- and she wasn't at all freaked out by it. I'm not sure how long he was there with her, but she says that she got home, went inside- didn't say a word about it to anyone else in the household, turned on the tv- and heard that he had died.

She was not a fan of his in any way, but said she recognized him immediately. Her explanation for what happened? She had been married to an Indian (Native American) man- she said that in their culture, when someone dies, their spirit goes back to visit places it has been in the past. She thought that perhaps his spirit was trying to go back to Liverpool, England- and ended up in Liverpool, NY! (Why she would have thought George Harrison was NA, I have no idea?)

She was very serious, but I'm ashamed to say that I laughed my ass off! :cryingwlaughter:

Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful time on all of their trips! My cousin and I drove 2 1/2 hours for lunch yesterday- to Wilkes Barre, PA to visit with one of our friend's from CV. She's been having a hard time with things lately, so it was good to get together with her and hash everything out. I keep telling her to pop on over to this board, cause I think she'll enjoy it. Hope she shows up! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:welcome:justforfun! Everyone is welcome- especially if they come bearing gifts as nice as yours!

Welcome justforfun; yes he is gorgeous and I will take him with or without glasses!

Luckiest1; Have fun at the concert; it took me a while to figure out what "Macca" meant, I thought it was some new group! :cryingwlaughter: Yes I can be acronymed challenged at times!

Looks like CV is down.

Kim

justforfun - Welcome to another dog walker! :chores002:

luckiest1 - I was thinking of you early this morning when I watched CBC weather. Hope it all clears for tonight! I can't wait to hear all the details, since they're predicting a crowd of 200,000 on the Plains of Abraham!

Scarlett - Thanks for the photos! It looks like you're all having a wonderful weekend.

Everytime it pours rain in TO (it's non-stop today), I think of Iseeme and how you need this weather. Me, I'm staying inside and continuing the "omigod! how long has it been since I cleaned!" summer - hey, it's one way to keep busy... ;)

Gonna go - the dust hippos under the fridge are calling my name... :chores009:

Good morning.....

Cha Cha - the picture is beautiful! Bonfires on the beach......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! And I LOVED LOVED LOVED the "crooked halo" uTube....as well as the others that came up with that one. He is soooo funny and so quick-witted. I can only imagine what a brat he is backstage or on the bus!!

Off to work in a few. It's cooling down somewhat, which is nice. It might be a 3 bottles of water day instead of a 5 bottles of water. Has anybody tried that Smart Water? It's not as sickeningly sweet as Gatorade.

Hope the eHPers have a good day and that Couchie finds them some good Soul Food. Aren't you cooking for them?? :imgtongue:

Luckiest - enjoy Macca today!

Welcome JustForFun. Do you have more goodies in your Photobucket to share?? :thbighug-1:

I think Luckiest is on line already, so our good wishes have to travel through the ether.

Hi Cha Cha T

Just saw Al Gore on TV, said he won't run for office again unless it is president, heh.

No Clay news, but I think I wll change and listen to ATDW a bit today.

If you're a glasses lover, this thread at the Clayboard is a good time waster...lots of pretty, pretty pictures...

Yummy Guy in Glasses thread

Hi! I'm fairly new here and I'm mostly a lurker on all the boards, but I just had to post my very favorite picture of Clay in glasses. Isn't he just gorgeous?! :wub:

Zippy888_Greenvale2006.jpg

He certainly is! Yum! Thanks & welcome, justforfun! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome home, cha cha!

Good luck & have fun, lucky!

:hysterical: Loved Couchie's & YSRN's recaps of their time with the eHP! Looking forward to reading some more... :hysterical:

Greetings from Reno, Nevada. I am visiting my sister and BIL for a week's vacation and have been able to peek in here and there to see what was going on FCA. I am still on Eastern time I think as I get up way before anyone else so gives me a little it of time to say hi.

Looks like I am not the only one on vacation. To the epHers...have a terrific time during your get together. Safe travels to all others.

I did not bring a copy of OMWH and I regret that. I am in serious OMWH withdrawal. My sister and BIL who are just about perfect in every way just don't get Clay. But they know that he is my "fun" as we call it and that's okay. Although my sister does not understand how I could follow him so close she does think he has an amazing voice but doesn't get following him as closely as I do.

In fact a few years ago, she approached the Austin Opera Company (she was on the board of the music school affiliated with opera) about casting Clay in a part in an opera. She thought he could draw new patrons to the opera. She didn't get a response and even I thought she was crazy. I know that some non-trained pop singers, Linda Rondstadt comes to mind, did operetta (Pirates of Penzance?) but if I recall she wasn't very good. Now after seeing Clay in Spamalot, I think he could tackle an operetta. Not saying he would want too, but I love Gilbert and Sullivan. But a regular opera? I don't think so.

My sister did bring up that she saw Clay's picture on the cover of People and read the daddy article. She thought he looked like a meterosexual in that pic, the planet hollywood ones, and wondered why he had so much eye make-up on. I explained that he may have had permanent eyeliner on for Spamalot and that those pics were taken at the same time. I told her I actually liked those pics from that photoshoot but many fans did not. My sister thought the article was very good though.

Saw Andrew Bird here last week. I was not familiar with his music but he is an amazing violinist, terrific vocals, with a boatload of whimsy. The crowd of mostly twenty year olds were entranced. I even saw some of the look of love on the faces of the woman patrons that I see at Clay concerts. And I heard an audible moan or two from these same patrons when he hit some lovely low notes.

For those who live near Reno, Chris Isaak is coming on August 1. I would love to see him perform. I know I missed the Lyle Lovett discussion from last week but I am also a huge fan of his as well. And the person who brought me to these two performers was Clay, believe it or not.

I had always been into music in a big way but when my kids were born I switched over to Rafi and Wee sing and pretty much NPR. Clay brought me back to pop music and really music in general. With nothing recorded yet immediately after AI2, I went to the music store looking for other male voices to enjoy. I bought a lot of Lyle Lovett who I continue to enjoy, especially his stuff with his Large Band. I bought the Room for Squares album by John Mayer which I still enjoy as I do several of his songs since then. I even bought a Brookes and Dunn greatest hits album. Except for a song or two, didn't enjoy it that much although their voices are terrific. The point is that Clay brought me back to record buying. Not just him, but other artists as well. And I am sure I was not alone. He sold nearly a million of his single-and that brought people back into record stores and I bet some left with other music. Same with his cd. I wonder if Clay was ever given credit for causing a small boon to record buying, if only temporarily.

It may be heresy but I never liked the Beatles!!! It may have had something to do with the fact that my one cousin dated George for a while, another cousin used to be buddies with them and John's Aunt was good friends with my Aunt!!! My Dad would never take me up to Liverpool to visit so my chance to get to meet them never occurred! I guess now it's the Kevin Bacon theory! Only it was only one degree....so near yet so far!

I love Eric Burdon and most of the boys from Liverpool.

I miss Clay news so bad! It seems like forever even though it isn't. Come back Clay we miss you and some are not behaving nicely. Ooooo we need teacher Clay to chastise us!!!!

It may be heresy but I never liked the Beatles!!!

You are never alone at any board - I was (and am) a Rolling Stones fan, and mostly never thought about the Beatles except to notice that they sure released a lot of singles.

You would have to pry the High Tide Green Grass, Flowers, and Between The Buttons albums out of my cold dead hands. Those sound just as good to me now as they did waaaaaaaay back then.

Clay content - I would love to see/hear Clay sing "Miss You" in concert, which will never happen!

Listening to OMWH while I work this morning and the one thing I keep being grateful for is that I believe this is truly Clay if that makes any sense. It's the music he loves and wants to sing. People wanted to know that for so long and now we have it. Yesterday we were talking a bit about his pop song medley from DCAT tour and last year there were so many interpretations of what he was saying with that and his uncool bit. I'm still amazed how many "clay's" there are in people's minds. Makes things interesting I guess.

I did not bring a copy of OMWH and I regret that. I am in serious OMWH withdrawal.

I hardly go anywhere these days without my ipod fully-loaded, for that very reason! While we were at the beach, we would go on grocery and beer runs and I'd play OMWH in the car. I sent a copy to my sister-in-law at Christmas and she didn't mention it once, so I didn't feel like I could play it in the house. I did play Abbey Road and the Traveling Wilburys tho! :hello:to me myb!

We also talked briefly about Spamalot. And BTW - mrchach and I had our own room! No sleeping on no steeenking air mattresses!! :D

To add to the Beatles/Paul/Ringo discussion...... I've seen Paul 5 times now and will go again when he tours again. Next time I might spring for a better seat tho! I saw the Beatles one time in Shea Stadium. It was outrageous. Couldn't see em, couldn't hear em because of the screaming... and they only played for around half an hour, but it's one of the highlights of my life!!

lucky - I belong to a Macca email list and hope to keep on top of things to see when he'll be performing again!

Ever seen this site?

ABBEYRD'S BEATLES PAGE - this guy is on our list, and he just posted this:

Paul McCartney makes surprise appearance at final Billy Joel Shea concert Friday

There are youtubes and photos there of Billy and Paul doing I Saw Her Standing There and Let It Be.

(forgive me if this is what you have already dicussed!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay content........ I MISS HIM!! :SoxRox:

Because Prince totally blew me away on this, I thought I'd share. And Dhani looks so much like his father it's amazing. But, seriously, if you haven't seen this, don't miss Prince on guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D7sT1HRV2qU

I meant to thank you for bringing this over, kf. That was amazing. And what an amazing song!!

It is a little strange seeing Dhani over Tom Petty's shoulder. He looks like a very young George.

George was my first love and I miss him being in the world.

Sounds like the eHP, couchie and my Twin (hi Twin! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) had a ball yesterday! They do know how to have a great time!!

Listening to OMWH while I work this morning and the one thing I keep being grateful for is that I believe this is truly Clay if that makes any sense. It's the music he loves and wants to sing. People wanted to know that for so long and now we have it.

The part I bolded, it's what I think also. I listen to the CD almost daily. It's in my car and the CD player is always on. I switch CDs around sometime, but after a song or two of something else, I go back to OMWH. When I listen, it 'fits' Clay's voice for me.

Hope everyone is having a lovely visiting/traveling/working/vacation week. The beach picture is beautiful. It made me homesick for both San Diego and Misquamicut, RI at the same time.

Because Prince totally blew me away on this, I thought I'd share. And Dhani looks so much like his father it's amazing. But, seriously, if you haven't seen this, don't miss Prince on guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D7sT1HRV2qU

Another "Thank you" for this! Really enjoyed it! I don't follow Prince but do see him on stuff from time to time, and I think that's the only time I've seen the man smile. He sure can play that gee-tar!! I had no idea.

Everytime it pours rain in TO (it's non-stop today), I think of Iseeme and how you need this weather. Me, I'm staying inside and continuing the "omigod! how long has it been since I cleaned!" summer - hey, it's one way to keep busy... ;)

Gonna go - the dust hippos under the fridge are calling my name... :chores009:

You and me are twins today, Bella! I have kind of half a day as I worked last night til 3:30 AM and just got up around 11....but hopefully I'll manage to get a couple of things un-hippo'd!

Just finished typing up a list for the Wedding; Emily is stopping by later to pick up the dog and the list...invitations are going out this week! Time to start the countdown clock; nibbles nails!

Was over at the Party Store this morning looking for things for the shower; decorations, etc. and found some really cute bowls for the table in a lavender color and some lavender and silver M &M's. I will go back and really shop next week when I am on vacation.

Kim

Glad to see everyone is having a great weekend. Me? Well, I've managed to go up and down the steps in my house twice so far today (one step at a time though), which I take as a good sign. I'm still not straightening my leg when I walk, but I think that will come in time. I've still got this whole week to recouperate!

Thanks for all the YouTube links. CG, I hope that something of Clay's will be picked for an Olympic sport overview at some point.

I too am going through OMWH withdrawal. Most of my listening is in my car, and I haven't driven for almost a week now. But, I'll get to it here in a few minutes. I need to hear some Clay!

Well off to pick up my lurker friend and meet the eHP for semi soul food. Sadly, and suprisingly, this area is woefully low in the soul food department. The two places recommended to me are closed on Sunday - seems like they really cater to the professional working folks during the week. The third place recommended closed down recently after 30 years. There's a new one in my city but it's mostly just deep fried stuff. And the one place I did fine online, only served mac and cheese on Wednesday. I called it a travesty. KAndre had much harsher words and refuses to step foot in the place. If I had known before yesterday that they wanted soul food I would cajoled my mom to do it ...although ox tails are not in our repertoire. She would have even happily made chitlins cuz god knows her kids refuse to eat them. And K refused to go to any bbq joints because she insulted my state by saying..we had no idea what we were doing. We both could agree, that that applied to Clay's NC bbq :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I think I started off slow listening to OMWH.... I only listened once to the song before I got the albuma and then I was mostly listening to it for the first or second time when we had our chat. And then I didn't want to listen at work because it was so noisy and busy. Of course now that I'm familiar with it I can listen to it all day at work. But it really feels like I'm just hiting my stride with it and discovering new things all the time. I know the theme in the songs really tie together BUT the songs to me have such different rhymthms and generate different feelings for me. EEK better go!!

Im not a great poster, but I read and enjoy this board every day. :glasses:

In leu of talk, I offer up a Photo album I have been working on that is in the gallery here at FCA.

I like to view clack--audio,photo,video in Clays downtime, and it makes me appreciate him and the creative fans and the fun I have watching him entertain me...

...And so, I offer some warm sepia photos of Clay taken by a variety of Clack goddesses and professionals:

I hope you enjoy all, especially the first two photos, one sweet, one hot.

I have tried to credit any photographer I knew, but corrections are welcome.

It is certainly a work in progress, but the subject is fascinating.

Thank you so much Couchie and Admins for the fun and easy-to-use gallery-- I am having fun!

I hope you enjoy the pretty memories too, with more to come.

ETA: Thank You so much, ldyjocelyn, {Hows the library? Thank you lajeterfan, glad you enjoyed them.