#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Now the shallow part of me wanted to see more Clay, especially his Somalia trip. And I really want to see a picture of him back in the US just so I can see for myself, at least through a picture, that he is safe and healthy.

I was thinking the same thing, but then caught myself and remembered this isn't about the celebrity ambassadors. But gosh, I'd love to see something current of my bf.

I'm back! I was worried (hee) about my Mom after leaving her yesterday, but her just getting a good night's sleep overnight seemed to help her a lot, and she was eating much more again today. She was also very much more alert and talking today. Thank you all for the good wishes.

Thank you all too for the pretty pictures from Houston. I too was there, 6th row center -- which I think it other venues would have been about 3rd row. That was such a fun, fun show.

Worry? I can be a worrier, I inherited that from my Mother. But for Clay, for some reason, I've always been very zen. I think in my case it's because Clay has always seemed to me to be such a strong man, and I don't worry about people who seem strong to me.

Success can be measured in more than one way. Sure, most of America seems to focus on sales -- but how about artistic success? In that way, to me, OMWH is a major success. I also think Clay thinks of it somewhat that way.

And watching this CNN show...to many people in this world, success is just being happy and alive for one day. IMO, that's perspective.

OTOH...I still think that "we" as fans (generalization) think his music would be totally accepted if it was just heard. I'm still not convinced that is a guarantee. The music that Clay likes to sing is NOT the music that many, many, many people tend to like, and I don't think that will ever change. I love Clay's music, and I'm proud to be his fan. Doesn't mean I'm going to ask people to listen to his stuff all the time. Also, I think his voice is totally special -- and again, not everyone will. Different strokes for different folks, ya'll.

I'm going to have to watch this show a few times to really absorb it.

Shallow portion of post: D, all the way! Followed closely by Tyra.

JustClay - I would imagine that all celebrities planning UNICEF trips do it around their schedules as much as they're able! I imagine this CD was in the works alot longer than the trip to Somalia was. And I wasn't implying he was out having a good time!

ldyj - artistic success is important......of course! But who determines if it's an artistic success? And does that necessarily mean it will enhance his career. I love the CD. Love it. But artists have been dropped from labels for selling alot more than this one did. Now I do not mean to imply anything about Clay's label or being dropped - all I'm saying is - artistic success is nice to have but it don't mean diddly squat if no one is buying it. The entertainment business IS a business - and that means they want to make money. It's kind of like being the most beautiful girl in the world but no one is asking you out!

And for something completely different....

Something to click on, guaranteed to bring a smile to your face:

by mariedrummond. :)

Welcome back, ldyj! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ldy, I disagree with the part of your post when you said about Clay not singing stuff that most people like. I don't think that is the issue as much as Clay is not singing the stuff that music buyers buy. The younger crowd seems to like the hip hop and dance music and since they don't have to worry about bills, they can buy that crap (sorry to all you hip hop/rap fans, I just personally hate most of it). There is also a large amount of the population who likes country and will spend on it. However, I think there are a lot of people who would like what Clay sings but they aren't necessarily going to buy it. For some, it does have to do with the economy and if you have to choose between a quarter a tank of gas or a cd, they are going to choose the gas. Then there are a lot of people that were like me about 10 years ago where I was too busy with the kids and working so I didn't really get into buying cds because I was too busy to listen to them. If it was on the radio, great, if not, it didn't affect me one bit.

OTOH...I still think that "we" as fans (generalization) think his music would be totally accepted if it was just heard. I'm still not convinced that is a guarantee. The music that Clay likes to sing is NOT the music that many, many, many people tend to like, and I don't think that will ever change. I love Clay's music, and I'm proud to be his fan. Doesn't mean I'm going to ask people to listen to his stuff all the time. Also, I think his voice is totally special -- and again, not everyone will. Different strokes for different folks, ya'll.

I agree with this. I remember Clay saying back when he talked about Diane wanting him to try out for AI, that he looked wrong and he didn't sing the right kind of music. I think that he knew then that what he enjoyed singing wasn't what people were listening to. I think he has grown a lot in these 5 years and he knows he can do more then he probably thought he could. He still isn't like most of what is being listened to.

I talked to a young man that I work with about Clay and his music. He is not, in anyway, a fan but he does think Clay has a good voice. He said he believes that good music will always find an audience. So, no matter what kind of music is popular at any time, there is still an audience out there that appreciates other things.

Success can be measured in more than one way. Sure, most of America seems to focus on sales -- but how about artistic success? In that way, to me, OMWH is a major success. I also think Clay thinks of it somewhat that way.

And watching this CNN show...to many people in this world, success is just being happy and alive for one day. IMO, that's perspective.

I love this and it's how I feel. Sure I'd love it to sell millions but I have no control over that. I'm just thrilled that I love the album...and that I love it is what matters to me. And that Clay is happy and satisfied with it and I think it is. Not everything good is appreciated right away, and some times not at all. You move on from there - in the words of somebody whose name I won't mention...it's not over. :lmaosmiley-1:

Jaycee I really agree with this:

I talked to a young man that I work with about Clay and his music. He is not, in anyway, a fan but he does think Clay has a good voice. He said he believes that good music will always find an audience. So, no matter what kind of music is popular at any time, there is still an audience out there that appreciates other things.

If this was not true than the Michael Bubles and Josh Grobans and Harry Connick Jrs. and all the others of that genre would not be doing well - and they ARE doing well. Buble sings not much else besides covers....but he doesn't have the sensationalistic brouhahas surrounding him all the time. Josh doesn't really have a true niche - it's a cross between ballads in foreign languages, opera, etc. but he appeals to people who love good music. Clay makes good music. Or am I just prejudiced?

I don't know. This CD was not a critical success (quite the contrary) and it wasn't a money-making venture (so far!) I do agree with ldyj that being an artistic success has alot of merit but not sure to whom besides those of us who already love him.

The rest of this year is going to be really interesting. I hope all of you who think there's a plan waiting to be executed are correct. The man is just so ding-dang talented. And friends and family who do chat with me about Clay never fail to mention what a great voice he has. So......is it the song choice? And, if so, I don't see that changing while Clay has any say in it. He's going to sing what he wants to sing.

DH is watching the Red Sox and the sportscaster just said that Johnny Damon said "Alex Rodriguez's personal life is none of our business"!

What a novel concept: Personal life - Personal business.

Hmmm.

ARod is 33 and Madonna is 50!!

Can you imagine?

:cryingwlaughter:

If this was not true than the Michael Bubles and Josh Grobans and Harry Connick Jrs. and all the others of that genre would not be doing well - and they ARE doing well. Buble sings not much else besides covers....but he doesn't have the sensationalistic brouhahas surrounding him all the time.

I agree! A picture of Michael Buble's nekkid butt surfaces, and not even a whiff of a brouhaha. By that logic, I believe that means Clay should definitely show us his nekkid butt in order to curb any and all tabloid attention.

Also, the image from CNN tonight of Clay holding that tiny baby gets me every. single. time.

ldyj - artistic success is important......of course! But who determines if it's an artistic success?

IMO, the artist does -- so if Clay's happy with the CD, it's an artistic success.

And does that necessarily mean it will enhance his career.

Possibly. We don't know how much he learned from Kipper, for example -- so maybe his next CD will have more songs produced by Clay himself. That's one way to enhance his career.

all I'm saying is - artistic success is nice to have but it don't mean diddly squat if no one is buying it. The entertainment business IS a business - and that means they want to make money.

This is true -- it's a business. And yes, Clay wants to make money, I'm sure. But -- Clay's MADE lots of money already. I'm not worried about him running out of money, or RCA running out of money for that matter. Did this album make them enough money for them to continue to keep Clay? We don't know, honestly. And of course, that's assuming the album is considered "dead" -- which I don't think it is.

It's kind of like being the most beautiful girl in the world but no one is asking you out!

And that's when the beautiful girl sometimes decides to work on her brain instead....

ldy, I disagree with the part of your post when you said about Clay not singing stuff that most people like. I don't think that is the issue as much as Clay is not singing the stuff that music buyers buy. The younger crowd seems to like the hip hop and dance music and since they don't have to worry about bills, they can buy that crap (sorry to all you hip hop/rap fans, I just personally hate most of it). There is also a large amount of the population who likes country and will spend on it. However, I think there are a lot of people who would like what Clay sings but they aren't necessarily going to buy it. For some, it does have to do with the economy and if you have to choose between a quarter a tank of gas or a cd, they are going to choose the gas. Then there are a lot of people that were like me about 10 years ago where I was too busy with the kids and working so I didn't really get into buying cds because I was too busy to listen to them. If it was on the radio, great, if not, it didn't affect me one bit.

OK, I think I worded that badly, because I agree with you. Clay's music isn't really the type that is popular to buy. But at the same time, I also agree with Jaycee that he knows his music isn't "popular" -- and will still continue to make the music he likes to sing, damn the torpedoes.

Iseeme, Clay makes good music to me, and to you. It's all about personal choices though -- and that's kind of my point. Not everyone is going to like Clay's music. That's fine, to me at least.

My personal belief is that it can be counter-productive to try to sell Clay to other people. Nobody sold me on Clay -- he did it all by himself. I know people, myself included, who tend to pull back when something is pushed. I have to walk into it freely and unaware, which I did on May 24, 2006. I think Clay created new fans every single time he was on Idol, every night he performed on Broadway, every time he appeared in concert, and with every late night talk show appearance, and so on into the future. But no matter how many times he appears on TV, or on Broadway, or, please God, on the big screen, not everyone will feel the connection. And that, in my estimation, is what makes us superior beings. Okay, I'm exaggerating a little bit. Just a touch.

Clearly a lot of people didn't care for Elvis, or The Beatles, or Aretha Franklin (can you believe it?), Barbra Streisand, Frank Sinatra, or (name of every singer/entertainer that's come down the pike). People have to not only like the singer's voice, but also like the music the voice is singing. Of course, if you've fallen under the spell of Clay's voice, the latter is just thrown out the window -- then you're in the territory of wanting Clay to sing the songs that inspire him and make him proud. So far, I am grateful that these have not included Mongolian Polkas, but I'm probably open to that, too. He still surprises me.

This put Clay's trip in a different light to me.

Scary.

I know this is not the first such incident. Still, I'm glad he has left the country!

It makes me fear for all the UNICEF workers.

Gunmen Kill UN Official

Top UN official shot dead in Mogadishu: officials

by Mustafa Haji Abdinur

Sun Jul 6, 5:30 PM ET

MOGADISHU (AFP) - Gunmen on Sunday killed the head of the UN Development Programme in the Somali capital, a UN official said, the latest fatality in a string of attacks on aid workers in the lawless country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Osman Ali Ahmed was shot at close-range as he left a mosque in southern Mogadishu's Bulohube district, and later died while undergoing treatment in a Africa hospital military hospital.

"The gunmen shot Ahmed as he was leaving evening prayers in the mosque in Bulohube. He was taken to hospital where he died because of his wounds," a UN official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

His wife Nasteho Abukar Yusuf confirmed Ahmed's death.

"They shot him several times in the head and chest. He was taken to African Union peacekeepers' hospital where he died," she told AFP.

Several witnesses said a second man, whose identity is yet to be established, was seriously wounded in the attack which appeared to be premeditated.

UN officials have repeatedly appealed to the Somali government and Islamist militants, who are fighting for the control of the country, to spare aid workers, many of whom have been killed or kidnapped in the recent months.

Aid groups have scaled down operations in Somalia owing to increased insecurity, largely blamed on Islamist militants who have waged a guerrilla war since they were ousted by joint Somali-Ethiopian forces in early 2007.

The African Union Mission to Somalia (AMISOM) has deployed 2,600 peacekeepers in Somalia -- well short of a promised 8,000 troops -- but so far it has failed to stem the violence and unrest.

At the AU summit in Egypt earlier in July, the AU extended the troops mandate by six months but pleaded with the UN to take over the under-manned, under-equipped force in order to pave the way for the withdrawal of Ethiopian troops who entered in Somalia late 2006 to bolster the feeble Somali government.

Neither the Somali government nor the AU peacekeepers are capable of protecting aid workers, officials say. The troops from Uganda and Sudan have only managed to secure Mogadishu's seaport and port area, leaving the rest of city to the warring camps.

At least 2.6 million Somalis are facing hunger due to acute food shortages spurred by a prolonged drought, insecurity and high inflation. The UN's famine monitors have warned that the figure could hit 3.5 million by the year's end.

Aid workers have been constantly targeted since the 1991 ousting of dictator Mohamed Siad Barre paved the way for a breakdown in the state machinery and a rise in factional warfare.

A bloody power-struggle has defied numerous UN-backed bids to restore stability in this lawless nation which is home to up to 10 million people and where western intelligence warn that Al-Qaeda linked element planed to make an haven.

On June 9, the Somali rival sides signed a truce agreement at UN-mediated talks in Djibouti.

The deal gave both sides one month to implement a cessation of hostilities but it was opposed by Islamist hardliners who have continued their struggle, insisting that an Ethiopian withdrawal was a precondition to talks.

Mediators are currently struggling to bring the Islamist elements into the truce with analysts warning that their absence would render the armistice useless.

There are ebbs and flows in every artist's career- even the most popular movie stars sometimes star in "duds". TV stars who have been wildly successful in one sitcom have gone to others and tanked. Record sales vary for artists based on any number of circumstances. Often, the projects which are the most critically acclaimed are not the most commercially successful. I think Clay feels very proud of this CD, and he has every right to be. Who knows what will happen with it in the future? If the single continues to climb, or if a second single strikes a chord, it could signal a resurgence in sales of the CD. I do know that Clay has so many interests and talents that he won't be held down for long- he will find another outlet for his creativity, much as he did in Spam. Even if that appearance didn't translate into increased CD sales, perhaps it will lead him into other arenas- like feature films, variety shows, or his beloved talk show that he seems to want so badly. His multi-dimensional talent will be an asset to him- he's not just a singer- even though that is the talent that first brought him to our attention.

That piece above really puts things in perspective, cotton. Clay has gone to some of the most dangerous places in the world to try to bring awareness about the plight of needy children back to the US. He is committed to making a difference and bringing about change in an increasingly frightening world. I really think that his ultimate gift to this world will be more important, far-reaching and consequential than just having a hit record- and I'm guessing that he would be OK with that.

Cotton, that article scares the crap out of me which is why I really want to see a pic of Clay or get a blog or something so I can know that he is home safe and sound. The situation over there though is why sometimes I have a hard time seeing that Clay is going to be a dad soon. I don't have a problem with it either way because I don't tend to think conventional is necessarily the best, but it does seem odd to me that Clay would agree to go to a pretty dangerous country, no matter how many safeguards are put in place, with impending fatherhood looming.

And lajeterfan, I agree (figured I better start being agreeable since my last 2 posts had me disagreeing) in that Clay is so much more than a singer and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

Edited to add that I also agree with the ebbs and flows in entertainers careers. I remember right after Kelly's 2nd cd came out and people were predicting the end of her career and then she went on to sell millions of cds. And Justin T, after NSync was predicted to fade away (not that that would have been so tragic) but he came back bigger than ever, although I think his first solo cd tanked. Then he starting ripping off women's shirts and exposing breasts and sleeping and talking about sleeping with big name celebrity's and look what happened. I don't think we have to worry about Clay doing any of those things though.

Cotton, that article scares the crap out of me which is why I really want to see a pic of Clay or get a blog or something so I can know that he is home safe and sound. The situation over there though is why sometimes I have a hard time seeing that Clay is going to be a dad soon. I don't have a problem with it either way because I don't tend to think conventional is necessarily the best, but it does seem odd to me that Clay would agree to go to a pretty dangerous country, no matter how many safeguards are put in place, with impending fatherhood looming.

And lajeterfan, I agree (figured I better start being agreeable since my last 2 posts had me disagreeing) in that Clay is so much more than a singer and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us.

Not to detract from Clay's UNICEF work, but think of the fathers that live in those countries, and think of the military fathers that are deployed around the world and don't get to see their children until they are six months or a year old, and may have endured life altering injuries. I honor the work that Clay does, but I'm not inordinately worried about his safety.

For all we know, he could be on a further UNICEF mission in Africa or Asia, or on an island vacation. Or he could be in his backyard in North Carolina flipping burgers.

Hey Hey LdyJ, this is the first anniversary of the night you slept with those crazy sister strangers!

Clay has gone to some very scarey places but I would imagine the UNICEF security with these celebrities is pretty intense. But it still gives you pause for thought.

I hope he's in his backyard flippin' burgers. I really do. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Goodnight Cotton!

I'm waiting for the 8:00 airing of the CNN show.

Any tennis fans out there? Rafa Nadal - woooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Iseeme, I did have to respond to the vacation bit. If Clay has been on vacation then it has been one crappy vacation. I can think of much better places to go than Somalia. I just believe that Clay has different priorities than selling a million cds. That doesn't mean that I think he is planning on letting this cd sink. I really believe that he has other plans that we know nothing about, but even if he didn't, I don't think he would forgo going on a Unicef trip or even postpone it so that he could pimp himself out for more sales.

Clay didn't go to Somalia on vacation, nor has he been there during this entire hiatus. He is taking a work break - other than the Somalia trip - and for most, that is a vacation. He is entitled to one, for sure. I do think it wasn't the best time to take one. IMO, I think it would have been wiser for him to have waited to release the CD at a time he was willing and able to spend more time promoting it. He knew going in he would only have a short window to make promotional appearances and he himself said hurrying to release it cost him some prime TV appearances - ones where he actually sang. But those were his choices and maybe there was a reason that will make it all make more sense that we will find out about one day. With what we know as of now, however, I don't think they were the right choices. If he is interested in selling CD's, and I believe he is, I think it was a strategic mistake.

As for "pimping himself out for more sales" - Huh??? Um, that is part of his job!!!!! He wasn't in a position where he had to make a choice anyway. He had stopped "pimping himself out for sales" weeks ago!

Its all nice that Clay is so into his charitable endeavors, but the bottom line is, his success in his chosen field is what enables him to do things like be a UNICEF ambassador and make trips to Somalia. If he ceases to sell those CDs, he will cease to have these opportunities. Being a UNICEF ambassador is a perk of his job. And without the job, he won't have that perk.

That may sound harsh, but that is the reality. And yes, even without this career Clay would probably still choose to do things that make a difference, but this job gives him a much bigger stage from which to do that.

If he wants to continue on that stage, he better work harder at pimping himself out to sell CDs.

IMO.

As to his music, I do think he sings a style that isn't popular right now, but I do think there is an audience out there for his music. But how will they hear it when no one seems to publicize it? This CD has been totally hidden beneath the baby rumor. Maybe it will re-emerge. I sure hope so. But if TC doesn't do something to bring it into the public consciousness, it will just slip into permanent oblivion.

That's not doom and gloom, folks. That is fact. Something cannot sell if no one hears about it! I do believe if songs from this CD had a chance to be heard, it would sell. I just hope there is a plan to get that done.

If this CD does sink into oblivion, I do NOT think that is the end of Clay's career. It will be a set back, but nothing he can't overcome. It would just be nice if that didn't happen.

For me, the worst part in the show was the part about the water supply. I had heard about the poor water supply but actually getting visual images of it was something else. We take so much for granted here.

Now the shallow part of me wanted to see more Clay, especially his Somalia trip. And I really want to see a picture of him back in the US just so I can see for myself, at least through a picture, that he is safe and healthy.

The water supply hit me hard too because I've seen those exact scenes and know they exist today. Often, getting the cooperation of the local officials is also a big roadblock for such a simple solution to a critical problem.

I think if he weren't healthy and safe it would hit the news media faster than we could blink. In this respect, the "no news" part is actually "good news".

ldyj - artistic success is important......of course! But who determines if it's an artistic success?

IMO, the artist does -- so if Clay's happy with the CD, it's an artistic success.

And does that necessarily mean it will enhance his career.

Possibly. We don't know how much he learned from Kipper, for example -- so maybe his next CD will have more songs produced by Clay himself. That's one way to enhance his career.

all I'm saying is - artistic success is nice to have but it don't mean diddly squat if no one is buying it. The entertainment business IS a business - and that means they want to make money.

This is true -- it's a business. And yes, Clay wants to make money, I'm sure. But -- Clay's MADE lots of money already. I'm not worried about him running out of money, or RCA running out of money for that matter. Did this album make them enough money for them to continue to keep Clay? We don't know, honestly. And of course, that's assuming the album is considered "dead" -- which I don't think it is.

It's kind of like being the most beautiful girl in the world but no one is asking you out!

And that's when the beautiful girl sometimes decides to work on her brain instead....

Iseeme, Clay makes good music to me, and to you. It's all about personal choices though -- and that's kind of my point. Not everyone is going to like Clay's music. That's fine, to me at least.

IT(and completely)A, ldyjocelyn!!! If it came down to it, would we rather have Clay sing songs that sell millions but make him want to hold his nose everytime he sings them? He loves the album, we love the album, his career will go where he wants it to go. There are choices in life, and why do we assume that Clay's choices are are the same as ours? Critical and commercial success would be a nice addition to personal satisfaction, and appreciation from those for whom the CD was made (see the thank you's on the insert, oh excuse me, the thank you), but unless his loved ones were starving I don't think he's going to do something he doesn't agree with. He knows (more than we) exactly what to do if the only objective were to make money.

And since it's still Independence Day weekend, please indulge (or scroll past) my bit...

Happiness/success... I lived my teenage to early adult years without the freedom of speech, freedom of the press, the privilege to the writ of habeas corpus -- which surprisingly doesn't seem to be very important around here. AFAIK, people are more focused on celebrity gossip than having a chink knocked off from this right, I guess people will start to care when their friends, neighbors and families start disappearing in the middle of the night -- clean running cold water only part of the day (yes, cold only, no hot water), daily rotating brownouts. It think it's awful what people do with the media these days, but the alternative is just too horrible. There's a lot to be thankful for to live in this country this year. It's all about expectations and what we think we deserve or are entitled to. A girl who thinks she's the most beautiful in the whole world would be disappointed if one Saturday night comes to pass when no one asks her out. A girl who doesn't focus on her reflection in a mirror will be content to know that the people who matter care about her.

ETA:

Any tennis fans out there? Rafa Nadal - woooooeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

:PickMe-1: Rafa's always been wonderful at Roland Garros but I'm especially happy that he finally achieved his Wimbledon dream.

Also, the image from CNN tonight of Clay holding that tiny baby gets me every. single. time.

Me too Danielle!! He just does it so naturally, doesn't he? That's why I smile sometimes when thinking about whether it's true or not... I can just see that big eared red headed baby in Clay's arms. heee.

OK Back to reality...I I U.

That's beautiful Scarlett. Thank you for sharing.

CG - you make some very good points. There is no way Clay would be a UNICEF Ambassador without his celebrity!

I honestly don't know that releasing another single will make much of a difference in whether this CD is a hot seller. That implies you listen to the radio. I think TV apperances are far more important and have a wider audience. And I do agree with CG that the timing of the release - if the UNICEF trip was planned - is kind of suspect. Releasing it so soon after Spamalot, when clearly he was tired, is suspect. I wonder if we'll ever know what the rationale was..... And quite frankly, do any of you honestly think that UNICEF is more important to Clay than his career? I mean in your heart of hearts and zen aside and all that? If he wants to continue making a difference on that scale - he needs his career and the celebrity that comes with it! I'm sure he's aware of that..... :whistling-1: Now I'm not saying that what he does isn't all-important to him.....it's just that you can't put the cart before the horse!

As much as he would like to extricate himself from being so important to TBAF - IMO that isn't logical right now either. It's clear that a good proportion of the support for TBAF comes from "Clay Aiken" and the draw he has.

Anyway - I want so much for this CD. I wish! I wish! I wish! It's been so obvious from the git that it was a true labor of love for Clay. His stamp is all over it. I just hope the poor sales to date aren't discouraging to him. I think I need to go do some streaming.

Me too Danielle!! He just does it so naturally, doesn't he? That's why I smile sometimes when thinking about whether it's true or not... I can just see that big eared red headed baby in Clay's arms. heee.

OK Back to reality...I I U.

Aww don't get me all schmoopie ... Clay and babies one of my favorite things to see. Even if its not his baby...I bet he would be a good Uncle Clay to Jaymes baby.

Okay, I must be suffering from sunstroke. I work all day in 101 degree heat, come home, and FCA is speaking Chinese or something. :cryingwlaughter:

My goal is to learn how to say "I love Clay's butt" in Mandarin.

Well, I haven't made a habit of suggesting career directions for Clay before so I won't start now, fo' sho'. I think that if Clay truly loves and is as proud of this cd as he has indicated that he is, he'll find ways to talk about it, sing from it, showcase it in some way(s). I'm not a music professional so I can only imagine what those ways might be; Clay, in my on the other hand :whistling-1: , not only is IN the business, but has made friends with some damned savvy music insiders. I can't believe that I might know better than at least ONE of those people so I'll just let them do their jobs in their own way and time.

Meanwhile, I have to confess something: I think it's awfully cute, too---all the pics of Clay with babies and whatnot. And I smile when I see them and feel good about thinking of Clay eventually with his own little ones. And he DOES seem to have a wonderful connection with children. But I see that kind of connection between lots of men and babies/children, so I'm not so especially schmoopy about the fact that Clay has it. (ducks tomatoes and flying Ginza knives :unsure:). That facet of his character is another reason I love him, but it's also a wonderful quality of my husband and the majority of the fathers of my daughters' friends, so I usually don't go too gooey over pics that show Clay melting around babies.

I have to nod my head furiously to keepingfaith when she wrote about not 'pushing' Clay's music OR his voice on others. Sometimes I know I do this when I get frustrated at some bozo remark or a careless criticism of Clay as a singer. I need to just let.it.go. that not everyone really WILL think that his voice is good or that he is entertaining or interesting beyond the entertainment news shows' headlines. Music appreciation IS such a subjective thing; I mean, just look at how differently we FANS of the man often describe the sounds he makes when he sings and the feelings they evoke? Someone who usually leans toward a specific genre--one that is far from Clay's own musical preferences---would very likely have an even more challenging go at 'getting' him.

Hmmm....."getting" Clay? :sleezy:

yes. :hubbahubba: