UNICEF "Inspirational Book"

ldyjocelyn

Wow, those are great pages!!! I love your work, Permaswooned!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I only just got home from a nice day relaxing with the eHP; I wish I had been able to get on earlier but we only had a short time to log on and merrieeee needed to post her response to the snowflake picture on main. lol! (it was her computer) Will write more after getting some sleep but just wanted swing by to post these late thank you's!

annabear, looking forward to your post but you need your beauty rest first!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks to all who post their suggestions, comments and encouragement!!! :thankyou:

Permaswooned, I love your pages. They are short, simple, targeted and have eye-catching graphics. Were you a graphic designer in another life?

A great thing is that they can be used individually or strung together depending on placement and yet they are all similar enough to be identifiable. I like the subtle use of Clay. He's there, but you aren't beating people over the head with him.

Great job.

Hey everyone, just read the thread. Some wonderful ideas here. I know everything is still in brain storming mode but when we move forward, we're more than willing to put the pages up on FCA. Ansa can create a section. Lucky has said she'll help putting the pages up. If others are interested in helping in that regard just let us know.

Thanks for all the great feedback. And yes, I would definitely need help on making hot links for the buttons. I have no clue on how to do that.

I did another page on the topic of water.

This was really, really hard. The statistics are just staggering, and it's hard to reduce it to just a few thoughts. UNICEF has so many projects in this area that it's hard to narrow it down.

There were hundreds of pictures relating to UNICEF and water. Fortunately, most of them focused on the success of the solutions rather than the horror of the problems, and I think that's what we are going for.

I couldn't find a good picture of Clay relating to water. I know there is video of him pumping water in Uganda, and there ARE a few screencaps from that, but they're not good. You can't really tell what he's doing. So I ruthlessly narrowed it down to just a few pictures of the children.

Here it is:

331031184_TJV6g-L.jpg

I couldn't find anything referring to six cents or nine cents. Was that all from the CNN special? The $1.00 for 40 children for one day (or 40 days for one child) are all from TAP Project information.

Hey everyone, just read the thread. Some wonderful ideas here. I know everything is still in brain storming mode but when we move forward, we're more than willing to put the pages up on FCA. Ansa can create a section. Lucky has said she'll help putting the pages up. If others are interested in helping in that regard just let us know.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Yay!!! And with Lucky creating the links and putting the pages up, we're all good to go!

Wow, Perma, another beauty! I also thought we had some screencaps of Clay pumping water but if they're blurry, then what you have is already wonderful!

:dancingpickle: :00000430: :thumbup:

Wow, Perma! Beautiful pages! Short sweet, pretty, and to the point. So attractive that people will want to read them and look at the pictures. And maybe click on the donation links! You've outdone yourself.

.There were hundreds of pictures relating to UNICEF and water.
Fortunately, most of them focused on the success of the solutions rather than the horror of the problems, and I think that's what we are going for.

You're absolutely right, people need to KNOW that their donations are making a difference; that there ARE solutions. We're all in this together.

ETA

Just came across this, maybe some of you haven't seen it...

(Clay UNICEF)

The pages look wonderful Perma! Nice having a visual; makes a little more sense now!

Kim

Wow, Permaswooned, impressive and very fast.

I like how you broke it down and let people know how little it takes to make a difference. And the individual shots of the kids.

Well laid out and colorful, easy to read and understand, very nice.

I have a tendency to be more serious and a little on the morose side. I did want to post a couple of pictures I found because I was touched by them and wanted to share.

Displaced Somalia children looking for water

displacesomaliachildrenlookingforwa.jpg

Children going to school

Childrengoingtoschool.jpg

Just because I think she's beautiful

800px-Somali_children.jpg

I wish I had more time to help because Clay's charities are near and dear to my heart. Let me know if I can do anything.

I PM'ed Couchie and other folks about publishing the gorgeous pages that we have at this point. If there is anything else that is already done or has been underway but hasn't been posted, please PM me. Any other ideas will be welcome when we have another update, e.g. when there is more Unicef news.

Thank you all for your ideas, energy, help and encouragement!!! :thankyou:

In case anyone's wondering why it seems like things haven't progressed, there is some work going on in the back end server. These files will be added afer the non-Unicef-Inspirational-book-related item is done. Thanks for checking :thankyou: