#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Nobody liked my poetic musings from this morning??? :imgtongue:

Cotton I DID! In fact I considered stealing it ;)

Heh....I still may! :whistling-1:

I find this very applicable to my view of Clay's treatment in today's society. Or as I like to call it, "the alternate universe". Thanks for sharing it!

Up is Down

Black is White

Good Men reviled

as they do what's Right

Diefied demons

given parades

they revel in mire

to grand accolades

Upside down?

Is it too late?

to tip the scale?

to turn back Hate?

Up is Down

Black is White

Images indoctrinate

Day is Night

Illusionists control

the Question is:

How to break

their mesmerizing Hold?

Oh, and laljeterfan gets the prize for pouncing on that juicy smut tidbit I left in my picture post re: packing. :cryingwlaughter:

Aw, it was nuthin'! It just fell into my lap! (I WISH!)

:please:

Preferably over and over and over.....

:sleezy:

:thjawdrop:

:bliss2-1:

cotton, I can totally relate to your poetic musings! Much of what I see of and from the media nowadays makes me feel like I need to take a long hot shower. I try my best not to contribute to it, if at all possible.

I'm back! Computer decided to have a nervous breakdown for a bit!

Kim

Guess what I did this afternoon? I went to the gym! It's been two months, and I'm sooooooo happy about this. I didn't push the weights on the bad knee, but did exercise it. I also did 15 minutes on the recumbent bike, and 10 (fairly slow) minutes on the treadmill. I think the two months away from it made me miss it all that much more.

OK, that had no Clay content. I can change that....

gallery_enlarged-clay-aiken-pics-05.jpg

GMA20.jpg

201207129ed.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

ETA: this is kind of sad, but also a celebration too (and totally off topic). If you've never seen this, spend the hour and 15 minutes for it, it's worth it...

Last Lecture Prof Randy Pausch Dies at age 47

So what if someone hopes it’s true? I missed the point on that one. I don’t have any “hopes” for Clay other than he be the success he wants to be, but I don’t see a problem with someone hoping this particular rumor is true. It’s not like they are hoping for something that has no possibility of occurring – Jaymes is pregnant, so there is a possibility there, remote or not.

ok... let me put it like this..I don't see it as an overwhelming theme here and I don't read anywhere else. I've said myself that thinking about Clay holding a baby/this baby/his baby/jaymes baby brought a smile to my face. If I've ever said I hope it's true then it's been trumped 1000 times by other opinions of the IIU variety and I'm willing to bet that is the same for 95% of the people here. I think 100% of the board will probably agree that we don't know crap.

I'll be the first to admit that keeping my mouth shut on the topic until IIU is revealed, or not, is quite impossible. Sorry to those that don't want to discuss it. I know it's hard if especially when you think Clay is getting a raw deal... I honestly haven't read up much on this whole thing so have missed the inuendo other than what is discussed here.

Word to all that. As I’ve said a thousand times – this is a discussion board, where things are discussed. People need to get used to disagreement or reading things they don’t like to read.

I think we're also in the same shoes regarding a statement ..it's up to him. And I don't really find it questionable that he isn't making one. I agree that it a very personal matter IIT IIU. But I'd be so happy for him IIT :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I actually think we agree in principle..just have a different way of expressing things. And actually, when I think about it, whatever someone hopes either way doesn't really matter -- but there is a truth and when it comes out hopefully they aren't too invested in an outcome - again one way or the other.

Word. I don’t much care if he makes a statement or not. I’ll be happy for him IIT, for sure. I don’t think it’s the least bit strange he hasn’t said anything, although it does push me to the TRUE side of the equation for the very simple, logical reason that ansa stated – he is usually pretty quiet on stuff that is no one’s business UNLESS it can help someone else (paxil) or it harms or has the potential to harm someone close to him. This certainly qualifies for the latter. She is in a high risk pregnancy and the addition of Clay to the equation makes it worse. I don’t see how anyone can question that, frankly.

Well - didn't say it was a recurring theme......but it's out there!

Lots of things are “out there”.

I generally despise Nancy Grace, Couchie, but it sounds to me like she was on the right track with the Miley Cyrus stuff, fer sure.

Personally, I think Jaymes activities, including pregnancy, at age 50 are a VERY good sign of very good shape. Hell, I walk five times a week or more, for an hour or more, and try to keep active and she’s got me beat by a mile. And she’s four years older than me. I have really shitty genetics, though, which mean a lot.

I'm too busy to participate much today--yet, but reading the mention of Walter Winchell reminded me that he was for all practical purposes a creation of J. Edgar Hoover. Hoover had the secret files and if he wanted to ruin a celebrity, or bring them to heel, he'd use Winchell to write the gossip piece. Joe McCarthy was another one of Hoover's waterboys, who operated on the government end.

I saw the X-Files movie today (David Duchovny – still very hotttt) and there is an absolutely brilliant reference in it that made me think of you, KF (and Playbiller and DJS111). Mulder and Scully are outside of the briefing room in the FBI and they show a picture of Bush hanging on the wall outside, then you hear the XF theme, then they show a picture of J. Edgar. Mulder gives one of those patented “looks” to Scully. Hillarious. I had to wonder how much of a Nashville audience “got it”.

...And another day working outside in the heat. But it was a beautiful day and all the day lilies are in bloom and it's just pleasant to be outside. The county fair is going on now and it takes me 20 extra minutes to get home because I have to pass right by it. Traffic was wretched!

Did you ever notice that in almost all the pictures of Clay with Jamie that she's looking at him and smiling? And when did the cutesingerman stop wearing all those t-shirts! I like those occasionsal peaks at the furry tummy! Hee - or is he wearing one of Sean's tshirts again :cryingwlaughter:

I rarely, if ever, watch the news. Generally it's just to find out what the weather forecast is. I used to watch Insider, Entertainment Tonite and the other one but I dont even watch them anymore unless Clay is on. It's just the same ol' crap about the same ol' people. And each of the shows puts their own spin on the same story. The sad thing is there are so many people out there who think everything they read in the newspapers is true and if it's on TV than it must be true as well. As long as people keep buying it - they'll keep publishing it!

ETA: I still say no one knows what shape Jaymes is in. You're all assuming she was in NY the entire time Clay was recording. Or assuming she was flying back and forth from the West Coast. So what are these other activities? Again - other than seeing her walking down a street twice in photographs no one knows. Don't know why this is even a topic that's still being discussed. I hope she's sitting back feeling great and counting the days - like I said earlier. Other than that - what's the point of bringing it up again! We collectively know as much about Jaymes and her condition (other than being pregnant) as we do about Clay's activities other than a BBQ meal a few days or so ago. It's all conjecture!

Merrieee - am hoping for the best for your friend and her little one.

So how was xfiles heidi? I so want to watch it but I will have to drive 2 hours to go the the nearest multiplex..sigh. I will probably have to get the torrent...It was so funny how excited I became when I saw the trailer...I used to love this show!!! Yup David still looked hot in the preview I saw.

OMG...1 lbs? they will need continued prayers I believe. Hope the baby has no long term problems.

thanks for sharing their story Merrieeee

I'm all alone, so all alone in my Nancy Grace love. :cryingwlaughter:

Funny thing is I know how ya'll feel because when I first started watching her on Cochrane and Grace I was like DAMN.. will you shut the Freak up ... she just seemed to be a pitbull over the stupidest of things. And Johnny was just more laid back and reasonable. Needless to say that show didn't last cuz the chemistry just wasn't there. Don't know when the HATE turned to LURVE heee...and yeah I know she goes way too far on the prosecutor side... not everybody charged or questioned is actually you know guilty...but still....she's good entertainment to me. Her show isn't news or anything..it's like Jerry Springer but without the faux fights and ghettolicious guests. I hate Jerry Springer.

Ooh it's 6..Nancy's on LOL.

Glad mom and baby are doing okl Merrieee...and that baby will be fine. They do amazing things with premie's now.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my friend. She had her baby this morning and she weighs just 1lb 4oz. Both are doing OK. Thank goodness.

Continued good thoughts for your friend.

I have a nephew who was born at about that same weight - 31 years ago - he's now about 6'5". His mother (my sister) lost a baby boy at 5 months, had Jason at 7 months, then 5 years later, another boy at 8 months (he's pretty tall now too). Then they discovered the reason my sister wasn't able to carry to full term was she had one ovary and two uteruses(sp?), and one kidney. Had they discovered all that in the beginning, they (doctors) would have advised her to not get pregnant at all (mainly because of the one kidney).

...And another day working outside in the heat. But it was a beautiful day and all the day lilies are in bloom and it's just pleasant to be outside. The county fair is going on now and it takes me 20 extra minutes to get home because I have to pass right by it. Traffic was wretched!

Did you ever notice that in almost all the pictures of Clay with Jamie that she's looking at him and smiling? And when did the cutesingerman stop wearing all those t-shirts! I like those occasionsal peaks at the furry tummy! Hee - or is he wearing one of Sean's tshirts again :cryingwlaughter:

I rarely, if ever, watch the news. Generally it's just to find out what the weather forecast is. I used to watch Insider, Entertainment Tonite and the other one but I dont even watch them anymore unless Clay is on. It's just the same ol' crap about the same ol' people. And each of the shows puts their own spin on the same story. The sad thing is there are so many people out there who think everything they read in the newspapers is true and if it's on TV than it must be true as well. As long as people keep buying it - they'll keep publishing it!

ETA: I still say no one knows what shape Jaymes is in. You're all assuming she was in NY the entire time Clay was recording. Or assuming she was flying back and forth from the West Coast. So what are these other activities? Again - other than seeing her walking down a street twice in photographs no one knows. Don't know why this is even a topic that's still being discussed. I hope she's sitting back feeling great and counting the days - like I said earlier. Other than that - what's the point of bringing it up again! We collectively know as much about Jaymes and her condition (other than being pregnant) as we do about Clay's activities other than a BBQ meal a few days or so ago. It's all conjecture!

Merrieee - am hoping for the best for your friend and her little one.

I also used to watch all the entertainment shows all the time - not anymore, and rarely any news. I get most of my news on Clay boards.

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my friend. She had her baby this morning and she weighs just 1lb 4oz. Both are doing OK. Thank goodness.

Wow that is really small. My best wishes for the mom and the baby. Do they still keep the babies in the hospital until they weigh a certain amount?

My second son was called premature at 9 lbs and 2 oz. His liver had not fully developed and I had to leave him in the hospital. Fortunately my neighbor was a lab tech at the hospital and called me everyday with his stats. He's healthy but has had a few really unusual ailments.

My grandson weighed 2 lbs at birth @ 28weeks. Luckily they were able to delay the birth until they were able to give her the steriods necesary to mature his lungs. He was only in NICU for 10 days & we brought him home weighing 3 lbs but doing well. The main criteria today is the infants ability to maintain his body temperature, & take in adequate formula or breast milk to continue weight gain as well as other factors. Today he is nine & very healthy but is still quite small. They really can do so much with preemies these days, miracles indeed!!!

Best wishes to the mom and baby, Merrieee.

HeidiHo; I agree with you, I don't see anything wrong in hoping its true; I am truly excited at the possibility of Clay being a Dad and I really don't care who the mother is...although I am betting if it were some 50 year-old Jane Doe that we had never seen before, there wouldn't be half the angst in the fandom right now.

I believe open discussion is healthy, but there seems to be a contigent in the fandom who are in total denial, do not want to talk about and do not want Clay to talk about...probably because they are afraid of what they might hear.

Although I have to admit I am hoping that Clay does make some kind of statement just to end the speculation so we can all move on...even though I know this is his private life and he doesn't need to tell us anything.

Kim

Luckiest1 and I can use some help.

For those of you who have downloaded and watched the Best of Series that we have done, you will notice that from time to time we have a Bonus selection (sometimes two) with our sets. For Sterling Heights it was LAA from Syracuse. For Clearwater JNT05 it was GN and BSOB. For Youngstown JNT05 it was NY TFN. For Houston GBTUSA.

We now are in the process of starting Merrillville JNT07 (I am not sure if we are doing anymore JNT07's although we did have a suggestion that I've forgotten) and our next SRHP is Pala.

I guess what I'm asking is, what were the stand out performances from some of the other venues, OR for JNT07 is there another venue that deserves to be a part of the series.

I have one that I want to do and that's the Tulsa ATD with the surprise growl.

I would really like some input. NOW of course it depends upon the clack available etc. but there are lots of happenstances that we don't remember or aren't familiar with. So anything anyone can suggest, will certain give us some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

OH and those with clack from those venues, if you haven't uploaded Please Please upload. Thanks.

OMG, I just watched the goldarngirl/luckiest1 "Best of "version of "Listen" from Sterling Heights....and that has to be the most amazing clack I have ever witnessed. I was there that night, but to see that split-screen version of theirs was wonderful. I have got to take my hat off to you both for all your hard work and efforts to bring this to us. It seriously is the best and I thank you so much for all your work on this and all the other concerts you've made available to us. The clack gatherers deserve so much credit too, so for all of you....

Thank you!!!! :clap:

OMG, I just watched the goldarngirl/luckiest1 "Best of "version of "Listen" from Sterling Heights....and that has to be the most amazing clack I have ever witnessed. I was there that night, but to see that split-screen version of theirs was wonderful. I have got to take my hat off to you both for all your hard work and efforts to bring this to us. It seriously is the best and I thank you so much for all your work on this and all the other concerts you've made available to us. The clack gatherers deserve so much credit too, so for all of you....

Thank you!!!! :clap:

Thank you Claymatron I agonized over that one because it was so important IMO. Glad you enjoyed it.

Checking in from Elvis Land...........also known as Dial Up Hell. ;)

Claymatron, :F_05BL17blowkiss: . I wish you would post more often!

I thoroughly enjoyed going through all the Sterling Heights clack to help goldarngirl create those montages. I am glad that they are being enjoyed. And I will also appreciate any recommendations for bonuses for our future series.

Nothing much to add to the conversation tonight. I am enjoying my short work week, which has been book-ended by travel. Collingwood is beautiful in the summer. I'm not so fond of it in the winter, LOL. Tomorrow we have to get up early for the parade of Elvii, so I am heading off to bed. Night, all.

I'm all alone, so all alone in my Nancy Grace love.

Not quite.

See ... the thing is...I didn't like her. At. All.

Until I saw her go off about something I happened to be feeling very deeply about at the time. And no, I can't for the life of me remember what it was...*g* I was sorta confused, you know? Here was this person I couldn't stand saying all the things I was thinking. WTH? And that's when I "got" her appeal. For me...it's not about how often she's right or wrong or if I agree with her. I have a real respect for the passion and commitment that she brings to the story. I'm still afraid that someday her eyeballs will pop out of her head and I don't always often agree with her ... but generally, I'm glad she's around.

goldarngirl/luckiest1, I initially d/l'd the TV medley, because I had a shout-out that night. :confetti2: I swear he was talking to me when he said "I see you singing!" at the end of the "Who's the Boss" theme song. I was...because it was one of my favourite shows and there was no one in front of me in his line of vision...and that's my story.....and I'm bloody well sticking to it!!!!!

But seriously...I have now 3.89 gigs of space on my hard drive and I'm blessed to be living close to both of you. Your work and your time involved in putting these together is soooo appreciated. :worthy:

ETOnline picked up Clay's trip, with a picture from the trip. And no baby mention either! Hee.

Heidi, I'm going to the X-Files movie tomorrow with hubby. We picked up the "Revelations" DVD set that came out two weeks ago...and there was a coupon for a free admittance to the movie! Whee! Anyway, looking forward to it. We'll have to compare notes later.

luckiest1 and goldarngirl, I'm trying to wrack my brain to give you some good "moments," or a different CITH. But for now, I'm drawing a blank.

merrieeee, I'm glad everything has worked out (so far) for your friend. Continued good thoughts are going their way.

I know you all are still talking about the Rumor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named (or as I like to call it - the Maybe Baby) just hoping I'll stay away!

Its working...... :whistling-1:

BUT, I just want to say I too am planning on going to see the X-Files movie tomorrow! Some reviews have been rather lukewarm, but Roger Ebert gave it a really good review! And as a shipper from way back, I hear there are some nice shipping moments! So me, myself and I are heading there tomorrow (or maybe Sunday) to spend a fortune! But I LOVED the X-Files, have every episode on tape or DVD and wouldn't miss this for the world!

ETA: Here is the link to Roger Ebert's review if any of the X-Files fans here are interested....

The X-Files: I Want to Believe

ETOnline picked up Clay's trip, with a picture from the trip. And no baby mention either! Hee.

You speed-reading?

First line:

Dad-to-be Clay Aiken got a chance to practice his kid skills this summer as he spent five days touring Somalia observing UNICEF programs.

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

G'night!