#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Nancy Grace - Nw I feel strongly about this - so just understand we all have hot buttons - you might like her when she agrees with you, but how will you feel when she goes off on someone you like? I dread the coming Clay mention on that show - I don't enjoy it when people I don't like agree with me. pretty much everyone deserves to live without being damned for eternity by Nancy Grace. Let's take registering of sexual offenders - OOOOOHHH bad people, but, some, not somuch. Lately it seems that the rule is being poorly applied. I used be in group with a woman who was divorcing her husband, and during thier divorce while living together, they had a sleep over for their boys, one kid wet the bed and the parents were called to the room. The husband grabbed a towel and patted the boy down - big mistake. He was never alone with the boy, there was all kinds of kid yelling and general disorder in the room while they were trying to get this kid ready to go home. End result the kids parents took the husband to court for abusing their son, he had to drop his legal practice, stop couching the boys soft ball team, register as a sexual offender, etc. It was the time when anything any kid ever said was believed without question. Needless to say, his life was ruined becasue of a sleep over decision that was not too bright. Obviously no one should have tried to dry off the boy and this wwas the revenge of the parents for the boy who was sent home and endlessly teased in school afterwards. The woman swore she never left her husband alone and that there had never been an issue with any children before or after, but sometimes you could not win. On the other side of the fence, I also know a woman who set her daughter to accuse a father of a friend of molesting her to get their house in law suits - this I know is true, they are a disgusting family and were bragging about it to me. So some times you can't blanket condemn people, there are bad people out there and there are wrongly accused people out there. Grace's one size fits all justice is dangerous in how it effects her more easily influenced viewers to come to instant judgement. I guess my seeing shades of grey instead of black and white influences my TV viewing as well.

Nancy Drew was a girl slueth, and, in today's term, and indendent contracting detective. Sherlock was just a more sophisticated and better written detective for more mature tastes. Did I tell you my English professor wrote Nancy Drew for 20 years as a side job?

As far as ITT - Idon't really care one way or another in the long run, I just never eant to hear the further discussion when Clay address (or not) the topic. Some people have taken the ITT and run with it constructing detailed fantasies and promoting them as the real truth and that kind of stuff always skeeves me out.

Luckiest1 and I can use some help.

For those of you who have downloaded and watched the Best of Series that we have done, you will notice that from time to time we have a Bonus selection (sometimes two) with our sets. For Sterling Heights it was LAA from Syracuse. For Clearwater JNT05 it was GN and BSOB. For Youngstown JNT05 it was NY TFN. For Houston GBTUSA.

We now are in the process of starting Merrillville JNT07 (I am not sure if we are doing anymore JNT07's although we did have a suggestion that I've forgotten) and our next SRHP is Pala.

I guess what I'm asking is, what were the stand out performances from some of the other venues, OR for JNT07 is there another venue that deserves to be a part of the series.

I have one that I want to do and that's the Tulsa ATD with the surprise growl.

I would really like some input. NOW of course it depends upon the clack available etc. but there are lots of happenstances that we don't remember or aren't familiar with. So anything anyone can suggest, will certain give us some ideas.

Thanks in advance.

OH and those with clack from those venues, if you haven't uploaded Please Please upload. Thanks.

I would love a montage of TWYMMF in West Palm Beach. I've watched the various clack of that so many times from so many different camera angles and it takes several of them to tell the story. I love it when you can see Clay mouthing to Quiana, "I fell on my butt!" He was so cute in the audience. And of course Jerome. That entire concert was fantastic, with my favorite IWTKWLI ever; and Without You when he said he hurt himself; and the banter with the sleeping husband. He was in fabulous voice that night, and he was so-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o ....

C U T E ! 070818_WPB_BanterTWYMMF_spotligh-7.jpg

190438941-M.jpg

IMG_0180CrpWPB2.jpg

187344585-O.jpg

187154749-M-1.jpg

190442370-L.jpg

070818_WestPalmBeach_SSTBTHW_Scarle.jpg

190441470-L.jpg

190440722-M.jpg

190440184-M.jpg

PerusingOne, you took some outstanding photographs that night. As I recall ...... you had a pretty great seat too. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And I didn't want to leave out this one, and this one, and this one.

ClayWPB156-1.jpg

Was he just happy to see us??

070818_WPB_04_GettingFatLetter-B-1.jpg

I love his silky, swirly hair.

187540124_IMG_0159-1.jpg

and his gripping hands ....

190470034-L.jpg

and his stripey feet in soft shoes ...

185409270_IMG_0161-1-1.jpg

and the way he puckers up ...

puckerup-1.jpg

and other stuff .....

187226505-M-1.jpg

Who is he anyway? Really.

273185502-1.jpg

Because looking at this, I swear I'll bet he can raise the dead.

190440722-M.jpg

Thanks for all of the great pics, kf!

And I'm adding my thanks to goldarngirl and lucky for the great Listen montage. Thanks so much! :thankyou:

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my friend. She had her baby this morning and she weighs just 1lb 4oz. Both are doing OK. Thank goodness.

Wow that is really small. My best wishes for the mom and the baby. Do they still keep the babies in the hospital until they weigh a certain amount?

Congrats to your friend, merrieeee! And best of luck to the baby.

Fear, the baby will likely be hospitalized until it is medically stable, is gaining weight on a consistent basis, and can eat all of the calories it needs to take in. Babies that small have to be tube fed until they are able to take in enough nutrition orally, so feeding issues are what usually keeps babies in the hospital for a long time. And a baby at 1 lb 4 oz is likely to have respiratory issues for awhile, too.

ldyj, how cool that you could go work out today! I miss working out, and am looking forward to getting back to the gym next week, even if I have to start slow.

Can't post without putting in a hawt Clay pic:

JBTBW.jpg

OMFG West Palm was one of THE BEST!! I have watched that clack so often...and the banter was superb along with his hair and lips and voice and his jeans and..........

Where was I?

Oh, yah, love the pics too!

merieeeee(how many e's? I'm never quite sure), I'm keeping your friend and her new born in my thoughts.

Now a bit OT - here is my WTF moment for the week.

I picked my DD up from her grandparents house in Half Moon Bay and we haven't seen each other for over a week. We have a long ass drive home, something like 2.5 hours due to it being a week day and I have to contend with the SF commute, so you would think we would spend some "quality time" catching up. Yah, you would think. BWAH!

She's 15 and there is no such thing. I am sitting there driving along and talking to her when I suddenly realise she has her earbuds in and the ipod between her legs on the seat. I am momentarily disappointed and feel a little like an idiot but then hey, I can listen to Clay now and she won't know or care. So I am now happily listening to my BF and suddenly traffic comes to a grinding halt on the freeway. Ugh! This could be a long, ugly drive but THEN.....since we've stopped and the road noise is no longer an issue she seems to kinda hear what's coming from the stereo. She takes one earbud out....listens....takes the other one out......listens some more.....and then she turns to me looking a little sheepish and says "Mom, can I ask you a favor? Could you please play that song again? But wait until it's over, ok?!" I nearly fainted. I think my mouth was hanging open just a bit as I said sure. But what amazed me was that it wasn't "Falling" which I know she and her friends kind of like. It was "ALAWH" which just took me by surprise. It even offered us an opportunity to talk about his recent UNICEF trip which she thought was very scary. We listened to the song twice and talked for approx. 4 minutes. But it seemed like an eternity to me compared to what our usual interaction is like. I nearly floated home!!

Great way to end the week. Thanks, Clay! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

sorry for the corny detour....carry on

I'll add two to the baby category that always got me but its past my bedtime so I'm too tired to give the verses they come from. The one is from The Way and the other is those baby's that we finally got to hear on AI Rewind when he sang Superstar.

I'll play. The two that always get to me are in "The Way" I'm having trouble coming up with the line right before it, but he says, "You, baybay!" and it curls my toes! The other is in "Right Here Waiting"- the line is "Oh can't you see it, baybay"- yummy!

I went and looked for the part that justclay12 and laljeterfan mentioned in The Way, and I agree -- it does curl my toes! Here are the lyrics (at least I hope this is the one you meant since there is another 'baby' in The Way):

I can't put my fingers on

Just what it is that makes me love you,

You baby.

And here's the baby from RHT:

Oh, can't you see it baby

You've got me goin' crazy

And while looking for that, I found these other goodies...

From the JBT, GBOF:

Kiss me baby, woo feels good

Hold me baby,

Your hours remind me of many an occasion! I.T. people just cannot work 9 to 5, can they! Hope you got some rest.
Iseeme, Yes IT work hours are weird. Thx! At least with your current work you're following the sun (or I assume that 'day lilies' do)

OH and those with clack from those venues, if you haven't uploaded Please Please upload. Thanks.

I think I resemble that remark! :) However, MiniScarlett is in town for the weekend before heading back to school, so I will just promise to do my best. Thanks for your beautimous work, luckiest1 & goldarngirl!!!

(I was going to suggest Minnesota as a bonus or Erie OHN with the Bach part, but I just realized that I haven't rendered those in HD either)

ETOnline picked up Clay's trip, with a picture from the trip. And no baby mention either! Hee.

You speed-reading?

First line:

Dad-to-be Clay Aiken got a chance to practice his kid skills this summer as he spent five days touring Somalia observing UNICEF programs.
:cryingwlaughter:

Another blooper on the ET page was that they showed a picture that came from Clay's Kenya blog but referred to it as Somalia.

It looks like Permaswooned's pages on the Unicef thread are so beautiful that it's too intimidating to add another one. Since things seem to have paused (and I apologize for not keeping an eye on that since I was in SF), so could we just publish the 3 beautiful pages from Permaswooned? (Couchie or Luckiest1, pretty please? I think you posted that this could be done right here. :thankyou: )

Thanks for the gorgeous pics and wonderful memories of WPB, keepingfaith!

Nice picture too, Gibby! Thanks.

I think I resemble that remark! :) However, MiniScarlett is in town for the weekend before heading back to school, so I will just promise to do my best. Thanks for your beautimous work, luckiest1 & goldarngirl!!!

GOTCHA, well we would love to do that as a bonus Miss Scarlett. If you would kindly help us out?????

Thanks for the recommendations, I believe we are going to do West Palm Beach after Pala, right goldarngirl?

Scarlett, anything you could render for us for future series would be greatly appreciated. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Probably just me in the dark, since I rarely watch TV, but who the heck is Nancy Grace?

It's storming here........hope it stops before parade time this morning!

No pictures to share yet, but yesterday we watched a bit of the free performances on the street parade, and then we wandered down to a $5 show, with all proceeds going to the Special Olympics. It was hosted by my guy, who holds the Special Olympics "near and dear to his heart", and since one of the performers who was scheduled to perform was late, we got treated to some off-the-cuff songs, two of them a capella. All I can say is WOW. Putting him in the middle of two performers who are ok, but not great, just exemplifies his talent. Can't wait until the full 2 hour show tonight, complete with band and costume changes.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Awww treenuts....I know how that feels with my teens. every moment of peaceful fun interaction is so precious cos they are not so common anymore. Glad your bonding moment was with a Clay song.

I would preferred the crazy ass fandom dealing with it because it wouldn't be broadcast across the world. The fan thing? I'm used to and it can be ignored. Yeah I'm sure that Jaymes is being torn up one side and down the other somewhere right now but I don't have to deal with it.

What's also bad about TMZ is not only do they broadcast to the world in seconds, it is exponentially delivered as gossip sites, bloggers, and all manner of media picks it up as well and treat it as gospel.

I agree couchie, I don't think the fan-reaction is a big part of the equation - but it is another straw on that camel's back when it comes to all things Clay. And this time the ugliness isn't directed just at him, but at someone he cares about. While I don't believe that worries about 'spin' had even one iota of effect on his decision to have the (IIU/IIT) baby with her, I have to believe that his experience with the tabloid media (and sadly, parts of the mainstream media as well) coloured his decisions regarding what/when/how/or whether to disseminate information about it.

Word!!

It looks like Permaswooned's pages on the Unicef thread are so beautiful that it's too intimidating to add another one. Since things seem to have paused (and I apologize for not keeping an eye on that since I was in SF), so could we just publish the 3 beautiful pages from Permaswooned? (Couchie or Luckiest1, pretty please? I think you posted that this could be done right here. :thankyou: )

I will get the pages created (with links) this week, if one of our mods could direct me as to where to upload them?

Listening to my iPod on the trip up yesterday, I was struck that no one has yet mentioned the very first word in Broken Wings.......Bay-beh. Yum. :)

No parade this morning, boo.

It was "ALAWH" which just took me by surprise. It even offered us an opportunity to talk about his recent UNICEF trip which she thought was very scary. We listened to the song twice and talked for approx. 4 minutes. But it seemed like an eternity to me compared to what our usual interaction is like. I nearly floated home!!

Great way to end the week. Thanks, Clay!

treenuts glad Clay opened up a line of communication. Good luck on the next few years. I kinda remember them.

Thanks gibby for the information on premmies. If August is really Jaymes due date, she is almost there at eight months. Hopefully we will hear the facts. Not that facts would ever stop the speculation. :cryingwlaughter:

Great pictures keepingfaith. I thought Clay looked really cute with a few extra pounds. I was shocked how some fans complained about it. Made me feel good that he might actually weigh more than me. But probably not. :cry4:

Thanks for the recommendations, I believe we are going to do West Palm Beach after Pala, right goldarngirl?

Scarlett, anything you could render for us for future series would be greatly appreciated. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Actually I think Asheville was next. We will have to sit down, once and if we get these suggestions, and just see if we might not have a whole additional venue.

Thanks for the recommendations, keep 'em comin'.

Hope the rain clears up, it's looking dull here too, so I have no clue what the day will bring for us.

ETOnline picked up Clay's trip, with a picture from the trip. And no baby mention either! Hee.

You speed-reading?

First line:

Dad-to-be Clay Aiken got a chance to practice his kid skills this summer as he spent five days touring Somalia observing UNICEF programs.

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

G'night!

Whoops. Yeah, I do tend to speed read, in that respect. I do that all the time -- get the main gist of the article (Clay's UNICEF work), and ignore any of the minor details. And yeah, for me, that was a minor, inconsequential detail. I guess it's just part of my consciousness anymore, wrong or right. *shrug*

CG, I had someone tell me yesterday that if you go to the X-Files movie, make sure you stay through the entire credits. That's all this person would say.

Gee, you'd think keepingfaith liked the West Palm Beach show, or somthin'.

treenuts, that's a great story about DD. Nice to have some bonding time like, especially over that particular song (one of my favorites!).

Whow - those pictures were quite nice to wake up to.

Have never watched Nancy Grace but sounds like she can exact alot of visceral reaction from folks.

Day 3 of 4 in a row and I'm still sore, stiff and tired. We have a busload of 45 elderly women coming in today to shop! All my alert systems are screaming................. :whistling-1:

The word that is haunting me these days is from The Real Me......"whuuuuuut a mess I've made of my existence!" I love how he says "what!"

Hi Scarlett :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Mar15nshamrock1.jpg

:013085001176249046:

Awww!

I loved the corny detour! :)

Good news from the painting project:

DH called and he "took a bump", accepting a later flight so he won't be home til after 4!!! So - maybe I can finish and get this room put back together after all!

And get the thigh high grass cut, too!

Hey! I'm optimistic! :cryingwlaughter:

I just finished cutting in around the trim again. Getting ready to start to roll the final (I hope!!!) coat. Then give two shelves a look see to see if they need another coat. If they don't need another coat, I can strip off hte plastic and move the chair, etc., back in place! Not sure If I can get the tv back up on the shelf, though. Getting it down was one thing - you know, gravity helps. Lifting it back up - that's something else altogether!

Anyway, nice of him to take a bump to give me a free flight to see Clay - if when he ever decides to tour again . . . :cryingwlaughter:

Sorry I'm not having time to read more thoroughly and talk about "Babay" and find my faves. I do love the way he sings that word!

I've really been soaking up OMWH the last few days. Lordy, I love this album!

It's Rich, y'all. Almost overwhelmingly Rich. And so sweet, a hint of bittersweet. Full-bodied. Like fine melted Belgian Chocolate, so warm and luscious I just want to lap it up.

:hubbahubba:

Layers and layers of decadent goodness.

I love it.

I don't think your detour is corny at all! Can I add a WTF moment of my own?

Back in May, a few weeks after OMWH was released, I was driving my 24 yr old daughter back to her place after dinner out and I was playing the new cd. She asked, "is this his new cd?" and just kept listening while I told her about some of the songs, in particular, about TRM.

During "Falling", she pointed at the cd player and said, "I like this...it's good" - very simply. I couldn't believe it! She is the kid who bought tickets for the Syracuse NAT for my bday that year, and went with me, but this was a lovely surprise because she's an enabler rather than a fan.

Sometimes, when you - or they! - least expect it, Clay hooks them! :D

Bringing this over from CV cause I messed up and I will fix it. Sorry guys.

QUOTE(peeko4clay @ Jul 26 2008, 11:33 AM)

Did anyone else have this problem???

I just download part 2 of SH. Everything went fine as it did in part 1, but when I started viewing the DVD I noticed the Classics Medley came before TWYMF. TWYMF just cut off and then it went on to the next part of the concert...banter about Angela's voice and pre Listen. I wonder if something happened in the extracting process. Should I try to extract the files again? Or should I start from the beginning and download the files again and then extract?

TIA for any help.

Well I just took a look at mine and I have the Classics and TWYMMF in the wrong order so that one is my fault. I will need to redo that (ack, so much for the DVDS that I burned and sent out) Can anyone confirm about the cutting off I will watch mine and see too, it could very well be the original. I'm sorry guys.

The two are switched but TWYMMF starts with the Angela voice banter and then goes on. I will reburn the switched copy and have it compressed and uploading. Now its time for my confession. I normally never get a chance to watch these DVDs after I burn them. In fact, I don't very often have a chance to watch the montages in their entirety after I do them. I won't make the DVD mistake again. I apologize.

I'll add two to the baby category that always got me but its past my bedtime so I'm too tired to give the verses they come from. The one is from The Way and the other is those baby's that we finally got to hear on AI Rewind when he sang Superstar.

I'll play. The two that always get to me are in "The Way" I'm having trouble coming up with the line right before it, but he says, "You, baybay!" and it curls my toes! The other is in "Right Here Waiting"- the line is "Oh can't you see it, baybay"- yummy!

I went and looked for the part that justclay12 and laljeterfan mentioned in The Way, and I agree -- it does curl my toes! Here are the lyrics (at least I hope this is the one you meant since there is another 'baby' in The Way):

I can't put my fingers on

Just what it is that makes me love you,

You baby.

And here's the baby from RHT:

Oh, can't you see it baby

You've got me goin' crazy

And while looking for that, I found these other goodies...

From the JBT, GBOF:

Kiss me baby, woo feels good

Hold me baby,

YES! Those are my favorites, exactly! I'll have to go search out a GBOF now to listen to those as well!

merrieeee- many prayers still going out for the little one- does she have a name yet?

treenuts-awww- I like corny!

Haven't had a chance yet to dive into all the new downloads, luckiest and goldarngirl, but I sure will ! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay content- :wub: from three years ago:

DSC00083.jpg

:beatingheart: :sm227:

I think some are talking about “shape” in a different way than I am talking about shape. “Shape” as physical activity versus simple personal health. I go with the latter and say that all anecdotal evidence points to GREAT. To be 50 years old and carry a baby to term (so far, fingers crossed), to me, definitely says she’s in great shape. HEALTH-wise. I saw no one assume she was flying back and forth anywhere, I saw some speculating and others also saying that no one knows where Clay is at any given time, let alone where she is at any given time.

So how was xfiles heidi? I so want to watch it but I will have to drive 2 hours to go the the nearest multiplex..sigh. I will probably have to get the torrent...It was so funny how excited I became when I saw the trailer...I used to love this show!!! Yup David still looked hot in the preview I saw.

Me and my friend Angie really, really liked it. It was like a standalone XF – monster, no alien. I also really liked how they had advanced the Mulder/Scully relationship, very subtly. I’ll be seeing it again.

Heidi, I'm going to the X-Files movie tomorrow with hubby. We picked up the "Revelations" DVD set that came out two weeks ago...and there was a coupon for a free admittance to the movie! Whee! Anyway, looking forward to it. We'll have to compare notes later.

Okay, I’m out of the XF loop – what Revelations DVD? I did see David and Gillian getting “dirty” in an interview. Gillian talking/David lewd innuendo. Kinda like this one bit in the movie. <g>

So some times you can't blanket condemn people, there are bad people out there and there are wrongly accused people out there. Grace's one size fits all justice is dangerous in how it effects her more easily influenced viewers to come to instant judgement. I guess my seeing shades of grey instead of black and white influences my TV viewing as well.

Word. I do think she’s generally part of the problem. My brother had a friend who almost lost his child because the child threw a screaming temper tantrum over not wanting to eat something. “Concerned” neighbors reported him and that was all it took for an investigation. One tantrum. Why can’t our Congress be so efficient when it comes to actual criminals?

CG, I had someone tell me yesterday that if you go to the X-Files movie, make sure you stay through the entire credits. That's all this person would say.

OH YES!! You must stay through to the very, very end. <g>

X-Files: Revelations

It's a 2 DVD set of 8 episodes, supposedly hand selected by the creators. I had read somewhere (I thought) that they all have something to do with the movie as well, although I could be wrong on that. I was happy to pick it up, because we didn't own any episodes, and it contains two of my favorites -- "The Modern-Day Promethius" (ie., the Frankenstein episode), and "Bad Blood" (the "he said/she said" Vampire episode, still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen).

Topic: hmmm...not sure if Clay would be interested in the X-Files. But I love the idea of just him and I, with a bowl of popcorn and some sodas, watching and talking about the show.

laljeterfan, that is one CUTE picture!

OH YES!! You must stay through to the very, very end. <g>

I heard that too. Must say I am very curious! Well, I was going to a 3pm show but since its almost 1pm and I am nowhere near ready to leave I think the 5pm show will be in order! Can't wait!

X-Files: Revelations

It's a 2 DVD set of 8 episodes, supposedly hand selected by the creators. I had read somewhere (I thought) that they all have something to do with the movie as well, although I could be wrong on that. I was happy to pick it up, because we didn't own any episodes, and it contains two of my favorites -- "The Modern-Day Promethius" (ie., the Frankenstein episode), and "Bad Blood" (the "he said/she said" Vampire episode, still one of the funniest shows I've ever seen).

I read an interview where "Bad Blood" was Gillian's favorite too! I loved that one. It was hysterical!

I thought I read that Revelations was sort of a history of the Mulder/Scully relationship, showing how their relationship grew, how it developed. I can see that in some of the episodes, but wonder about it in others.

Off to finish the things I need to do before I can take myself to see the movie!

G'Morning!

I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I have a real quandary here.

I made sure I have Monday off so I could try for the limited number of "cheap seats" for the Gala.

Now my family has thrown me a curve ball. Literally. My cousin's son (11ish) is playing baseball in Myrtle Beach right across from where I work. Several cousins, my aunt, et al, are going. I mini-family reunion, if you will.

And I want to go.

But demmit I want to go to the Gala, too!

The ball field is an hour away from me. Right when the tix go on sale, the family will either be gathering for lunch or gathering to watch his second game. There's no way in hades I'm going to be able to get to a computer.

I wish you could buy these tix over the phone as well as online.

I think I may cry!

RE: tabloids, etc.

I was finishing my Dennis Lehane novel this morning and this came to me . . .

Up is Down

Black is White

Good Men reviled

as they do what's Right

Diefied demons

given parades

they revel in mire

to grand accolades

Upside down?

Is it too late?

to tip the scale?

to turn back Hate?

Up is Down

Black is White

Images indoctrinate

Day is Night

Illusionists control

the Question is:

How to break

their mesmerizing Hold?

I know.

Dark for the morning, isn't it?

OTH

:013085001176249046:

Cotton.... I LOVED your poem! Thanks! Wish it weren't true!

OMFG West Palm was one of THE BEST!! I have watched that clack so often...and the banter was superb along with his hair and lips and voice and his jeans and..........

Where was I?

Oh, yah, love the pics too!

merieeeee(how many e's? I'm never quite sure), I'm keeping your friend and her new born in my thoughts.

Now a bit OT - here is my WTF moment for the week.

I picked my DD up from her grandparents house in Half Moon Bay and we haven't seen each other for over a week. We have a long ass drive home, something like 2.5 hours due to it being a week day and I have to contend with the SF commute, so you would think we would spend some "quality time" catching up. Yah, you would think. BWAH!

She's 15 and there is no such thing. I am sitting there driving along and talking to her when I suddenly realise she has her earbuds in and the ipod between her legs on the seat. I am momentarily disappointed and feel a little like an idiot but then hey, I can listen to Clay now and she won't know or care. So I am now happily listening to my BF and suddenly traffic comes to a grinding halt on the freeway. Ugh! This could be a long, ugly drive but THEN.....since we've stopped and the road noise is no longer an issue she seems to kinda hear what's coming from the stereo. She takes one earbud out....listens....takes the other one out......listens some more.....and then she turns to me looking a little sheepish and says "Mom, can I ask you a favor? Could you please play that song again? But wait until it's over, ok?!" I nearly fainted. I think my mouth was hanging open just a bit as I said sure. But what amazed me was that it wasn't "Falling" which I know she and her friends kind of like. It was "ALAWH" which just took me by surprise. It even offered us an opportunity to talk about his recent UNICEF trip which she thought was very scary. We listened to the song twice and talked for approx. 4 minutes. But it seemed like an eternity to me compared to what our usual interaction is like. I nearly floated home!!

treenuts.... loved your detour! If that ever happened with my grandson, I'd flip. My DD said he won't ride with me cause I play Clay... LOL

West Palm Beach... YES, please... after Pala. I was at Pala... funniest show, especially after San Diego, whose only great moment was the "Elizabeth" part of the TV medley. IMO

Baybay... what about DSIAFCD. We all screamed enough on the baybay in that one for sure!

merrieee... good luck to your friend. Surrounding that baby in love and light!!! Miracles happen everyday!