#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Carolina Clay I went to your blog and saw Yollie950's montage, The Most of Our Time. Do you know where I can download this?

Lotus, I checked the CV vault, and it's not there. I have asked if a Sendspace was made. The montage is about a week old. My next step is to ask Yollie950. :)

EUREKA!!! I knew Rainlover would have this. Lotus, here is the link she sent me for the montage:

The Most of Our Time Sendspace

I am also making one to add to the blog. Enjoy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Caroline Clay Thank you.

FromClaygary What lovely bracelets, thanks for showing them to us.

"I honestly think (Season 2 runner-up) Clay Aiken has changed this competition forever.... It's becoming incredibly personality led now," Cowell said — explaining Season 5 winner Taylor Hicks."

Simon makes absolutely no sense. Does he forget that Clay was the runner-up and that the winner tho' a sweet and velvety teddy bear with a good voice IMO showed hardly any personality.

:7254:

to you lovely ladies!

FromClaygary - Your bracelets are just beautiful! Since I've won one of your pieces in a draw (lucky me!) and have seen three from your auction page in person, I'm sure they're even more dazzling than in those photos.

So you've been sorting beads? I've been sorting scrapbook supplies and also cleaned out my office/sewing room closet this morning. DD had 6 assorted plastic boxes in there, full of kiddie stuff she can't bear to part with, but since she now has a much bigger bedroom I reclaimed the prime closet real estate. Man, the stuff you find that you forget about...scary.

Also went to Mamma Mia with my mum and kid this afternoon - it didn't disappoint. It a fun, summer chick flick and you can't help singing along. I managed to spot Benny and Bjorn in their cameos - very cute. :)

Good luck to all of you buying tickets to the gala tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you that weekend, when I'm at the Creative Sewing and Needlework Fair in TO. Sniff...I'd rather be in Raleigh...

Happy Birthday KAndre and Crazy For Clay and Divayenta!

:00003653: :04: :fest30: :hb2: :cake: :EmoticonRingAround:

Blated wishes to and Permaswooned and texwriter!

Borrowing from Fear & liney and adding on!

Beautiful bracelets, Claygary.

Love your T-Rex, Scarlett!

Good luck to all of you buying tickets to the gala tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you that weekend, when I'm at the Creative Sewing and Needlework Fair in TO. Sniff...I'd rather be in Raleigh...

What a bummer that the Creative show is that same weekend! I LOVE that show, especially the Fall one. We'll have to remember in the Spring, and maybe make plans to go together! I'd love some company for the aisles.

Thanks everyone, for the compliments. Some are going to Kristy tomorrow, and some (and others made in between) will be going to the Striped Socks Sirens etsy site pre-Christmas, and to other fundraisers. They are all done as fundraisers for BAF.

Question for you, on that note: Because I personally love bracelets, I (obviously :lol:) make a lot of them. What other types of jewelry do you wear, and would like to see made for this kind of project? What kinds of things do YOU like/wear?

ETA: I am going to be adding some earrings and crystal rings.

Crazy for Clay, Divayenta and the beautiful, funny, talented KAndre -- :bday2:

Just popping in with birthday wishes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Simon....I stopped trying to make sense of anything he says regarding Clay years ago.

aikim, I'm so sorry that your vacation got cancelled. I would be devastated. I neeeeeeed a vacation badly.

It is so freakin' frackin' frickin' hot here today! And tomorrow is supposed to be 100. :( I finally caved in and got out the garden hose. My poor flowers are just gasping for water, so I run outside and put the hose on one plant, leave it for 10 minutes then move it to the next plant. Even that has me worked up into a sweat. This spring when we were getting regular rainfall and the temps weren't so horrid, I was blessing my dear hubby for planting all these beautiful flowers for me. Now, not so much. :cryingwlaughter:

I guess this must have been the weekend for cleaning out stuff. I'm having some folks come bright and early tomorrow morning to begin laying down my hardwood floors. In preparation I have to move everything out of the living room and hallway. Do you know how many books I have? :Ahh: I have piles all over the garage - keep, thrift store, trash and donate to library. I took this opportunity to clean out stuff that I no longer need and boxed up a good half of the things in the LR.

Ooops....gotta run...I think I just drowned a hibiscus...

Best wishes to the birthday girls today.

FromClaygary, love the bracelets! Do you have a photo of the gorgeous red and white Christmas one you made ? Personally, I love earrings, think you could make a couple that look like little bunches of grapes for me? (In keeping with my wine shop job, of course!)

Bella19, I heard our other former boyfriend, Colin Firth, does a great job in Mamma Mia, is that true?

Luckiest, my daughter goes to Collingwood every year for the Elvis festival too. She loves the kid impersonators, the mini-Elvises.

Iseeme, do you have some days off now? Sorry your busload didn't show up yesterday, that must have been disappointing....(or not????)

You guys are all so creative. The only thing I've ever done is knit those cotton dishcloths, which I started doing to keep me from snacking after I quit smoking. (Anyone need any, I have lots and lots of the cotton and can match just about any kitchen?)

Thanks everyone for your kind words on my cancelled vacation; its been a tough day. I cleaned my bedroom and bath all the while thinking I could be on vacation instead of scrubbing the toilet and cleaning out the dust bunnies from under the sink. But yeah, it needed cleaning badly and probably good idea to give the house a good once over before the wedding.

We could use some rain too...my garden good use it and the grass is starting to look a little brown.

I did however pick some carrots and green onions from the garden; made a carrot cake yesterday, turned out very good. The broccoli is ready to pick and my tomatoes are starting to ripen. I planted green beans a couple of weeks ago and they are starting to come up. I love picking fresh veggies from the garden.

Oh and good news, our gas is down to $4.15...never thought I would ever say that! We will see how long it lasts.

FromClaygary The jewery looks lovely; I am not a big jewelry wearer myself; just my wedding rings and earrings. I don't even wear a watch.

Kim

Best wishes to the birthday girls today.

FromClaygary, love the bracelets! Do you have a photo of the gorgeous red and white Christmas one you made ? Personally, I love earrings, think you could make a couple that look like little bunches of grapes for me? (In keeping with my wine shop job, of course!)

You guys are all so creative. The only thing I've ever done is knit those cotton dishcloths, which I started doing to keep me from snacking after I quit smoking. (Anyone need any, I have lots and lots of the cotton and can match just about any kitchen?)

Here's the pic of the CITH one...

ChristmasintheHeartland2.jpg

Yes, I could probably do some grape earrings for you! We should get our heads together in August when I'm there, and I'll get you to show me what you're visualizing.

FromClaygary - your bracelets are just beautiful!!

I tend to like funky dangly- type earrings, so that could be a cool thing to make. Or anklets- same as the thinner bracelet, just slightly longer.

Cool idea re the anklets, thanks! ....and yes, I'll have some danglies for sure.

Glad everyone seems to be finally finding the time to clean house and make montages. For me, since my kids left home, my housekeeping duties have been reduced to that of vacuuming and dusting the three foot radius around my computer. I clean the rest of the house about twice a year now, whether it needs it or not...

As for montage making. Golly, I miss it. But I'm gonna get this degree if it's the last thing I do! I'd have had it years ago if not for Clay... so I am thankful in a way for this silence. But then again, I don't think I would have ever made up my mind on what I wanted a degree IN if not for him. Anyway, I've spent all weekend working on my research paper for my Technology class. I've chosen to do it on "YouTube"... bwah. There's actually more information out there about it than you would ever care to know about, but my premise of writing the paper lies in one concept and that is... "Sure I could have done this report on how to build my own computer, but I have no interest in doing so. And besides, if I ever find myself inclined to undertake a project such as that I can always find the step by step instructions on... YouTube..." It's pretty much 'You'biquitious! heh

No gala for me either, since I'm still in the depths of paying off tours past. I think I may be up to Solo tour by now... *g* So I truly enjoy each and every little tidbit of the offerings that flow so freely here.

The comment on Gerwisp's montage was quite amazing! And ldyjocelyn, a collection of playlists would be way fun!

I promised couchie I would try my best not to be a fame-ho anymore and I'm stickin' to my guns, but still, I couldn't help but being proud of my daughter (actually both of them) last weekend and well, Mr. X to boot.

A most Happiest Birthday to KAndre, CrazyforClay and Diva! I STILL have yet to come up with an animated giff collection but I still have this!

September2003_3.jpg

I'm the one on the far right!...

But seriously, did anyone else take this at face value back in the day? Perhaps I just took it as such a mirror image of what was going on inside me at the time. I guess I've aged a bit since then, but not nearly enough to delete 'omg' from my vocabulary, or to ever stop kavetching about those perfect teeth...

Did I spell kavetching right Diva? It wasn't in the dictionary...

Kim, I'm sorry about your vacation. I know you're disappointed and I don't blame you!

FromClaygary, I love your bracelets. I need to take a class. I've made a few (very amateur!) bead bracelets - Clay stuff. They were Cute, but nothing nobody would buy or anything. I just fumbled my way through.

I'm not much of a bracelet wearer, though. When I was teaching (elementary school librarian), bracelets would get caught on the book carts and now - working with food, bracelets wouldn't work. Plus, I have small hands and most bracelets in the stores are too big for me and slip off my hands! Buh Bye Bracelet!

So - I'm an earring girl. :)

I have gotten more into dangly in recent years, but - short stuff that I am, nothing too long.

I look forward to seeing more of your designs!

Anybody watching Next Food Network Star???

I'm really enjoying it.

Chardonnay, that was awesome! Absolutely beautiful pictures (and couple!)...and I loved the song from "Mr X" and your other daughter?

It does make a wonderful wedding song; I'm thinking of asking for it at my funeral. :lol: No plans for it yet, BTW!

Cotton....we all started out doing everything as amateurs! I've only been beading for about 5 years, but have had years and years of needleworking prior to that, and most of what I do is beadweaving~ie, needleworking with beads, so it kind of makes sense to me. Most of it is just being able to follow directions anyway. What I do really enjoy is working with the colours. Next time we're somewhere together, I promise to teach you peyote stitch, and you'll be off and running from there.

Earrings for short people too....got it! :hysterical:

FromClaygary you are so talented. Your stuff is beautiful.

Aikim... I commiserate with you on cancelled vacation plans. Still mourning my Hawaii trip. And yeah, it's a wonderful idea to do local things. There's a lot of things I don't see unless someone comes to visit.

LdyJ I want to work on my playlists. I've never really gotten my ipod whipped back into shape from when it crashed. So would love to work on that..get my top clay songs on one list...and then I'll share. Mine will definitely be a mexed batch of live and recorded stuff.

Welcome home Lucky!

Cotton...another 40 minutes till I can see the finale of the show. Rooting for Aaron or Lisa! Whoo hooo.

Just dropping in a bit to say thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'll catch up more when I'm through partying!

yay party on girl party on

Thanks for sharing Chardonnay. He sounded great..and the bride was beautiful

I promised couchie I would try my best not to be a fame-ho anymore and I'm stickin' to my guns, but still, I couldn't help but being proud of my daughter (actually both of them) last weekend and well, Mr. X to boot.

Chardonnay, your daughters are beautiful girls. What a wonderful wedding song. I always loved Clay's version of that song. Your daughter and your x did a great job.

ETA: The latest auction items I've just finished:

Snowflakes for UNICEF:

SnowflakesandUNICEF3.jpg

BAF Tennis Bracelet:

BAFTennisBracelet4.jpg

All of them are here:

FCs photobucket

FromClaygary, Wow!!! Those are just exquisite!!! I especially love the TBAF one because I think the new colors really go well together. You found the perfect size and shade of beads for it.

:clap::clap::clap:

I don't wear a lot of things but if I manage to grab these at the auctions, I will! dangling earrings and anklets sound great! One thing I use are cellphone fobs -- the ones that are like mini-earrings that are meant to hang off the little bar at the end of cellphones.

{{{Aikim}}} on the vacation that didn't happen.

Glad you're home safe, luckiest1!

Carolina Clay, thanks for posting you link and for finding the montage! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's 96 degrees outside on a hot July afternoon but it's Christmasy in here while I'm rendering the Minneapolis JNT07. Solo did such a great job and I can't wait to get this out. I'm glad for the push from goldarngirl and luckiest.

Thanks for the joy in my new T-rex pal -- it was a struggle to get the flipflops on (or maybe I'm not used to BAB) but with everyone's kind words about them, she seems to have grown into them. :)treenuts, I think the outfit is a B-A-B set from Limited Too that started this summer.

Hee Scarlett I was in The Wooldlands Mall yesterday and the guy in B-A-B was holding the T-Rex, It is cute.

We were in Willowbrook Mall but I was trying to decide between there and The Woodlands Mall. We wound up in Willowbrook because of the Japanese buffet. Have fun on your trip with DD!

Cotton - I'm impressed. For me to clean my sewing room out would take a loooooong time - just hauling all the fabric stash alone. Isn't it true that she who dies with most fabric wins???? I think I'm ahead at this point......hee!

Thing is - I haven't gotten to the CLOSET!!!

And that's where the fabric is!!! Yeah - I think DS might say I win whenever I kick it and he has to clean out all my crap! LOL!

I have - again - big plastic tubs - stacked on top of each other!!!

It's a contest? Count me in. Most of my current stash is yarn but I'll be working on the fabric this year. Between the two, I'll bet my SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy) will soon be giving yours a run for your money. Do quilters have an equivalent site to Ravelry?

Thnks for the link, Cotton!

thudaliciousclayby.jpg
What a beautiful picture, Iseeme -- where is this from? Since you've worked with databases, are you just as frustrated as I am when people name label files "thudliciousclay.jpg" instead of some unique identifier like "YYYYMMDD_StateCityVenue(or_GPS)_thudaliciousclay.jpg"

Here's the pic of the CITH one...

ChristmasintheHeartland2.jpg

Yes, I could probably do some grape earrings for you! We should get our heads together in August when I'm there, and I'll get you to show me what you're visualizing.

Awwwww, that one's going to make me wear bracelets. Is there any chance of a similar one this year?

It does make a wonderful wedding song; I'm thinking of asking for it at my funeral. :lol: No plans for it yet, BTW!

Hee. This reminds me of a little mini-concert performance I attended in Collingwood this afternoon. My favourite impersonator (who, as I mentioned before, was donating all proceeds of his concerts to the Special Olympics) was doing a few songs, mainly goofing around with the audience while singing. He's got a great stage presence.....reminds me of a certain singer guy we all love, you know? Anyways, he noticed the two women sitting in the row ahead of me laughing during one of his songs, so he singled them out and asked what them to share the joke with everyone. Turns out the one had promised the other to sing that particular song at her funeral. My guy ended up telling a story of how he had actually been asked to sing at another fan's funeral. Then he complimented the woman, said she was looking good, and nowhere near death, and told her he hoped she would live a long life, which made her cry. Then he told another story about how his dad always told him that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing to bring the audience to tears. "Leave them crying" he said. He talked a bit about what a responsibility it was to have fans, to be a good role model, etc. Then he changed his set list around, and segued into "My Way". He's such a classy guy, and quick thinking, too. He probably joked and talked as much as he sang. I was sitting there thinking "do I know how to pick them or what?" So many parellels with a Clay concert, it was uncanny.

I can't wait until I can attend the real thing again. :whistling-1:

Happy Birthday to KAndre, Divayenta & Crazyfor Clay!

FromClaygary - your bracelets are just beautiful!!

I tend to like funky dangly- type earrings, so that could be a cool thing to make. Or anklets- same as the thinner bracelet, just slightly longer.

Cool idea re the anklets, thanks! ....and yes, I'll have some danglies for sure.

Your bracelets really are awesome!! and I agree that an anklet or even earings would be great auction items.

WoW. verra verra niiiice!

And so why am I all of a sudden trying to come up with a list of the most perfect funeral songs? I'm thinking OMWH might work... but omg there are just SO many.

I can't wait until I can attend the real thing again. :whistling-1:

Me too luckiest1. Me too.

Very pretty jewelry up there!...