#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Chardonnay - Your daughter looked just lovely!

FromClaygary - I'd love to got to the Spring CSNF with you! I'm sure by then I'll be up to my armpits in scrapbooks supplies and wanting more - it'll be like the old days, when I did needlepoint non-stop and was always looking for new craft projects for the girls. On thing I tried that just didn't stick - quilting!

All those craft projects made something stick with the kids - older daughter is going into her second year of her fine arts degree. Have to get you over here to see her work. Claymatron can tell you all about it. My younger daughter and her friends actually spent last night in my rec room knitting and crocheting, while they watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants...hey, there're wild ones! :hysterical: Nothing like the ladies I usually roll with...

To answer your question about jewelry, in the winter I usually wear some type of pin every day - I have tons of them. In the summer, I try to wear bracelets every day - the peach/pearl/white one you made that I won is great for my small wrists, because of the wrapped wire style. I wear earrings every day, but stick to a few different pairs because of sensitivity issues.

Claymatron - Yes, our other boyfriend, Mr. Firth was good in Mamma Mia. Interesting twist with his character at the end of the movie too. :)

Aren't we all enterprising, busy little bees? Keeping busy working, crafting, painting, cleaning out closets and gardening like crazy...hey, whatever floats your boat (and helps pay off the bills!) until we hit the road again, right?

Chardonnay, congratulations & best wishes for your DD & her DH. What a lovely song for their wedding! You have a beautiful family.

FromClaygary, Cotton, I saw a lot of beads on sale including some pretty Japanese (Murakami?) ones at the IQF last year. Let me know if you want me to scout out some for you this year -- or better yet come visit!

ETA: Bella, tell us more about the Spring CSNF! When it is and what'll be there?

ETA: Bella, tell us more about the Spring CSNF! When it is and what'll be there?

It's the Creative Sewing and Needlework Fair, but it's for more than just sewing and needlework. Here's the link, but it seems to be down right now. When it's up, you can sign up for their newsletter. Fans come to Toronto from all over North America for the workshops, suppliers, etc. The quilt displays are just amazing and all the sewing machine manufacturers are there, with their newest products. The fall show is downtown in the city and the spring show is out near the airport.

http://www.csnf.com/

I started needlepointing when I was 16, so this show would always be a great place for tapestries. My younger daughter liked it when she was beading (she worked her way through all the kids' Klutz Books) and wanted to something more challenging.

Hey, you can always come up for a visit to TO and hang with us! :D

Chardonnay, congratulations & best wishes for your DD & her DH. What a lovely song for their wedding! You have a beautiful family.

Hello, Chardonnay! LOL, I can't believe I left you a comment and didn't realize the singer was your daughter. Awesome! Again, all the best to the new couple! :giveflowers:

Glad you enjoyed the montages, Scarlett. Looking forward to yours, Chardonnay. I noticed you left a space for one. :P

Have a great evening, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Eeeeeee, I'd love to come!!! ...assuming someone's not yet touring, of course! Well, unless he has a show in Toronto because I'm still not over missing the JBT in Ontario Place -- I was there the year before the show and should have been there for the JBT.

Claymatron - Yes, our other boyfriend, Mr. Firth was good in Mamma Mia. Interesting twist with his character at the end of the movie too. :)

That part was always there in the musical though some folks who'd seen it told me about a "surprise" at the end of the movie -- I'm assuming they didn't notice it when they watched it on stage. And that was strange because in the musical Harry actually talked about it way before the "wedding"; I thought that part wasn't as subtle nor as interesting on stage as it was in the movie (ie. a quick nod and smile instead of an 'ooooh' of realization and bigger smile). Of course, Mr. Darcy may have had something to do with it -- normally isn't it a dreary thing to hear that you will be "the last"? -- but he says it in such a way to make one feel like the most special girl in the world.

ETA: 'night Caro! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't wear a lot of things but if I manage to grab these at the auctions, I will! dangling earrings and anklets sound great! One thing I use are cellphone fobs -- the ones that are like mini-earrings that are meant to hang off the little bar at the end of cellphones.

Awwwww, that one's going to make me wear bracelets. Is there any chance of a similar one this year?

Oh, I wondered if anyone used those cellphone dangles! I'll add those to the list too! ...and re the CITH bracelet, sorry for the confusion....it IS for this year, just done in CITH colours.

FromClaygary - I'd love to got to the Spring CSNF with you! I'm sure by then I'll be up to my armpits in scrapbooks supplies and wanting more - it'll be like the old days, when I did needlepoint non-stop and was always looking for new craft projects for the girls. On thing I tried that just didn't stick - quilting!

All those craft projects made something stick with the kids - older daughter is going into her second year of her fine arts degree. Have to get you over here to see her work. Claymatron can tell you all about it. My younger daughter and her friends actually spent last night in my rec room knitting and crocheting, while they watched The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants...hey, there're wild ones! :hysterical: Nothing like the ladies I usually roll with...

To answer your question about jewelry, in the winter I usually wear some type of pin every day - I have tons of them. In the summer, I try to wear bracelets every day - the peach/pearl/white one you made that I won is great for my small wrists, because of the wrapped wire style. I wear earrings every day, but stick to a few different pairs because of sensitivity issues.

Kewl!! I would LOVE to have some company at the CSNF...and Scarlett, we'd have such a blast with you! It's not as big as the IQF, but it's fun.

and Bella, I would LOVE to see some of your daughter's things....my youngest son is an artist as well (watercolour, pen and ink, acrylics etc etc) and one of the promises we've made for a few years to one another is to gift each other with original art for occasions...birthday etc. Last year for Christmas he brought me back to beautiful pieces from his SE Asia trip.

FromClaygary, Cotton, I saw a lot of beads on sale including some pretty Japanese (Murakami?) ones at the IQF last year. Let me know if you want me to scout out some for you this year -- or better yet come visit!

Miyuki perhaps? They are very high quality Japanese seed and other beads...one of the finest companies in the world.

I LOVE that idea!!

Scarlett, you know we'd love it if you came up for a visit!

FromClaygary, sounds like our kids would get along fine. My daughter has worked all types of mediums (lots of examples around the house) and has now decided to pursue "traditional" drawing techniques as her focus for second year. She's been the co-ordinator at a parks camp this summer and just loves her little kids in the morning (4 to 6 yr olds). She now thinks that teaching kids is somehow in her future - remains to be seen!

Night all..time to turn into a pumpkin..the alarm rings at 5:40 am!

FromClaygary, yes you're right. It was Miyuki. *wipes egg off face* I made the mistake of grabbing a few vials of those while they were NOT on sale for an evening bag that I was hoping to make for the StripedSockSirens fundraiser -- never again, or at least never w/o a discount!

Did anyone who knows fabrics watch Mamma Mia and notice the type of material (silk?) that Meryl Streep's shawl was made of at the cliff during "The Winner Takes It All"? She was luminous in that scene and if ever I have to do that in real life I want to look exactly like she did (including the dramatic scenery and the wind from the sea behind her, hee!... by some strange coincidence I already have a blouse that looks like the one she wore)

'nite, Bella! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So, I guess nobody's interested in cotton dishcloths, eh? :hysterical:

I may not be talented, but I'm appreciative. Bella, I think you need to introduce your number 1 DD to FromClaygary's number 3 DS. Sounds like a match made in heaven! To heck with Edgar! :lmaosmiley-1:

Cotton....we all started out doing everything as amateurs! I've only been beading for about 5 years, but have had years and years of needleworking prior to that, and most of what I do is beadweaving~ie, needleworking with beads, so it kind of makes sense to me. Most of it is just being able to follow directions anyway. What I do really enjoy is working with the colours. Next time we're somewhere together, I promise to teach you peyote stitch, and you'll be off and running from there.

Okay - just to add a wrinkle . . . I'm left-handed!

My Nannie tried to teach me to crochet - just. not. good!

She couldn't figure out how to show me "backwards"!!! :cryingwlaughter:

This reminds me of a little mini-concert performance I attended in Collingwood this afternoon.

I emailed my GF about the festival - her response . .

"That would be the guiltiest pleasure ever ..."

hee

I knew she was a fan, but didn't know she'd really be interested in going to an Elvis Festival.

I need to take her to see Legends in Concert in Myrtle Beach next time she comes to see me!

G'Night, y'all!

Gotta get up early to go to a little league game! :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

I may need a drink by the time I get back home!

High temp 91º and humidity in the 94% neighborhood!

Ack!

I don't like that neighborhood!

And - y'all please say some Ticket Tango Prayers for folks tomorrow, eh?

:nightienight:

:POSTHO:

So, I guess nobody's interested in cotton dishcloths, eh? :hysterical:

Claymatron, me! :PickMe-1: How about donating them to the SSS sale this year?!!!

'nite, Cotton! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just a quick hello before heading to bed. Lots of storms today limited my computer time!

:bday2: KANDRE!!!!

Party on, girl!

By the way. loved the X-Files movie! Ldyj, what did you think of it?

**Sigh** Just saw an ad on TV for Musikfest. I wish Clay were at Musikfest this year.

Of course, whenever I think of Musikfest I think of Muskifest!

And to muski a special :F_05BL17blowkiss: to you!

Damn I hate that tomorrow is Monday!

'Night all.

I just got back into the house after a very busy weekend. Yesterday was son's and fiance wedding shower. They were both there . They got some really nice gifts. Then afterwards took us to see where there new house was being purchased. They do not close to mid August, then my son will move in and do some work. His fiance says she will not move in to after the wedding. Today we rode 40 miles this am on our bikes then spent the day at the lake with my other son and his wife. We were just giving them a hard time because all three of my sons forgot my birthday on Friday. No one called, and at the shower on Saturday my hubby made some comment to my youngest son. I know they did not forget on purpose. They kept saying that the date just did not strike a thought on the day. My husband said for once he was not going to remind then and see what would happen. I had to laugh at my one son because I reminded him that the code to get into his garage was the date of my birthday.

Those bracelets are beautiful. I am not very crafty. I use to knit at one time, made sweaters, scarfs, etc. but have not for awhile. I still do some needlework, but can not sew at all. Cotton dishclothes my mother makes them for me all the time.

I can not go to the Gala, but I hope for those getting tickets tomorrow, that all is in your favor.

I promised couchie I would try my best not to be a fame-ho anymore and I'm stickin' to my guns, but still, I couldn't help but being proud of my daughter (actually both of them) last weekend and well, Mr. X to boot.

AWWWWWW - beautiful.

Happy Birthday KAndre, CrazyforClay and Divayenta!!

:bday: :bday: :bday:

I am sorry such a short time tonight. At least I caught up on the pages I did not get a chance to read earlier. Got to get to bed, have to drive to take care of my mom's stuff tomorrow. She has been sick all week with a virus, and my sister who lives 3 minutes from her has called me complaining on Friday that she was to busy with going to a friends daughter wedding on Saturday to deal with her. I wanted to give her a smartass answer since apparently her wedding she was attending within 20 minutes from her house was far more important then my attending my sons/fiance shower which was an hour away in the opposite direction. I kept my cool and kept checking on my mom via phone. My other sister also came up from Ohio for the same wedding, so I felt between the two of them they could handle things. Family sometimes you just got to love.

Hi y'all.

FromClaygary - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE flower earrings and your bracelets are awesome. Even pins would be nice. You do a great job.

CM - yes, don't have to go back to work until Thursday - and then Saturday and Sunday. I will commit Siamese-acide if awakened before 07:00 tomorrow morning. But I still love the job! My feet hate me though!

Stash. It's bad enough just visiting quilt stores but remember - I worked in a fabric store for several years. .....unpacked the boxes from Moda and Free Spirit and Benertex, Alexander Henry, P&B and Michael Miller, etc. OH - I need some of that! OH, I need some of that, too. And then because I didn't have a pattern in mind I would take 1-3 yds - just in case! When I moved to the mountains I took a full-sized closet and put shelves in it - and that's still not enough. Then I have patterns and fabric in project bags.....on the floor, under the bed, ......and you get the picture!

So right now it's off to a hot bath and a cool bed.

Goodnight all...

In case anyone's interested, I've started to upload the Minneapolis JNT07 files to the CH/CU vaults. The mp3's, mp4's and XviDs are also available here. (just WTOW, CW, "Jesus" Medley, Jazzy Medley & MCWL so far)

playbiller, yay you made it!

ETA: goldarngirl, maybe I'm doing something wrong. Do you want the possible bonus clips first or should I have been working on my Merrillville?

Happy Birthday KAndre and Crazy For Clay and Divayenta!

:00003653: :04: :fest30: :hb2: :cake: :EmoticonRingAround:

Borrowing from Fear & liney and adding on!

Beautiful bracelets, Claygary.

Love your T-Rex, Scarlett!

Have to borrow this also!!! Love the bracelets and the T-Rex!!

I am not sure where today went but all of a sudden it's Monday already, and I haven't gotten any of the stuff done I was going to do over the weekend!

I am hopelessly behind.

___

Abba has been on my mind this week, since I first saw Mama Mia on Wednesday, and again on Saturday. On Wednesday, it was me and my sister and 30 or 40 senior citizens! We were lumped in with them and my sister even got the senior rate ticket! So I guess we blended right in.

I saw it twice yesterday. Someone in out bunco group suggested brunch at IHoP and a 12:30 PMshow. We couldn't believe it, but the theatre was almost all filled up!!

When I told mrchach what we had seen, he said he wanted to see it! So we ended up going to a midnight show last night! It was quite a contrast, as we were the only ones in the place! We got up and danced a couple of times, and I looked over at him a few times and he was just grinning!

I asked him his favorite scene, and he said in the beginning when Donna sings "Mama Mia" when she first sees Sam, Bill, and Harry. My favorites are when Donna, Rosie, and Tanya sing together, Dancing Queen, and Super Trooper, and at the end. I thought Meryl S did a great job, and I love Pierce B, even if he can't sing, he looks great in tight blue jeans!!

Now I want to go to NYC and see the play!!

___

Clay Content??? Is August here yet? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Abba has been on my mind this week, since I first saw Mama Mia on Wednesday, and again on Saturday. On Wednesday, it was me and my sister and 30 or 40 senior citizens! We were lumped in with them and my sister even got the senior rate ticket! So I guess we blended right in.

I saw it twice yesterday. Someone in out bunco group suggested brunch at IHoP and a 12:30 PMshow. We couldn't believe it, but the theatre was almost all filled up!!

When I told mrchach what we had seen, he said he wanted to see it! So we ended up going to a midnight show last night! It was quite a contrast, as we were the only ones in the place! We got up and danced a couple of times, and I looked over at him a few times and he was just grinning!

I asked him his favorite scene, and he said in the beginning when Donna sings "Mama Mia" when she first sees Sam, Bill, and Harry. My favorites are when Donna, Rosie, and Tanya sing together, Dancing Queen, and Super Trooper, and at the end. I thought Meryl S did a great job, and I love Pierce B, even if he can't sing, he looks great in tight blue jeans!!

Now I want to go to NYC and see the play!!

Onstage, it's the 3 friends who steal the show and these were also the scenes that stuck in my mind the most. I think that in the movie, they expanded the 3 guys' parts to balance things out a bit. It was the girls that I liked on stage and I missed that a lot with the movie.

Be warned, though, that some people who watched the show in NY last February didn't like it -- not sure if it was because of the cast or maybe it was because they would've rather have been at Spamalot. Casts change and though I was v. happy with the 3 shows I've seen, I guess things can vary somewhat.

Just scrolling through my Spamalot pictures tonight and I thought I would share this. Mr. Salt took lots of pictures, but we desperately need a new camera, so this is one of the better ones.

Thanks for sharing! I think I was there too, so that'll be a nice memory.

BTW, JazzyMedley and MCWL are up too.

Happy Birthday KAndre and Crazy For Clay and Divayenta!

:00003653: :04: :fest30: :hb2: :cake: :EmoticonRingAround:

Borrowing from Fear & liney and adding on!

Beautiful bracelets, Claygary.

Love your T-Rex, Scarlett!

Have to borrow this also!!! Love the bracelets and the T-Rex!!

I am not sure where today went but all of a sudden it's Monday already, and I haven't gotten any of the stuff done I was going to do over the weekend!

I am hopelessly behind.

___

DITTO DITTO DITTO to all the birthday ladies!

And DITTO also to "I am hoplessly behind"!

My TV has been running a promo for the touring company of Spamalot. They are performing locally.

Is it wrong that I keep looking for Clay and Hannah and all the "real" cast? I can't see that green & white tabard without doing a double-take.