#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

P1080504.jpg

Just scrolling through my Spamalot pictures tonight and I thought I would share this. Mr. Salt took lots of pictures, but we desperately need a new camera, so this is one of the better ones.

March 16.

Ah, that was a great day! Bookwhore, that's the day Clay signed your playbill!

Scarlett - :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Merrillville CITH would also be very much appreciated.

Fingers crossed for all the ticket buyers today! I'm hoping to be one of them.

You people are all so crafty! I just read and look at the pictures in awe. I used to cross stitch and do crewel embroidery, but I haven't done any of it in years.

All the craft stuff is beautiful -- and I can't do ANY of it. I can barely tie my shoes, let alone thread a needle. Now, if there was a BAF bake sale, I'd be right on that!

Back to work today. I'm hoping that the time away did me some good. I'm actually expecting today to be mostly me telling the story of my surgery, and everyone else telling me what I missed at work the past few days. That should eat up the entire day, right?

Good luck to the Gala ticket buyers today!

I just had a freaking heart attack! I picked up my morning paper, and one of the headlines on the front page was Search on for Clay Man, with the blurb: Columnist Jeff Kramer (humor writer) takes the measure of the multi-faceted, headline making Clay Man.

I don't know how, but somewhere in there, I CLEARLY saw Clay Aiken. With trembling hands and a sick stomach, I turned to the correct section of the paper, saw the headline: Clay might be even better without Clay Man and quickly scanned the story.......and felt like an idiot. No AIKEN to be found anywhere in the story. Just a humorous column about the nearby town of Clay, and how the newspaper seems to like to start headlines about it's residents with the words Clay Man does this or that. WHEW! I was anticipating all kinds of nasty commentary.

Cute story though- my cousin took her car for an oil change yesterday. The young (twenties) guy who serviced her :P noticed her I'd rather be at a Clay Aiken concert LP holder, and asked her if he should comment on it? She said "not if it's going to be something nasty", and he said that his girlfriend, whose name was Jill(?) and who lives in Buffalo, looooves Clay, and that she's been very grumpy all summer because there have been no concerts to go to. My cousin said to him "I LOVE your girlfriend!", and he asked "Do you know her?" Guess he thinks all Clay fans know each other! :cryingwlaughter: I thought it was cute!

Have a great day, everyone. Off to work! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I know what you mean, laj. I only half listen to the local news, but every time I hear "Clay", my ears perk up and then I realize that the "fire in Clay" is just a house fire! :cryingwlaughter:

It's a Pavlovian response!

Talking about stashes. I once owned a yarn/needlework store. There's enough yarn in my basement to make ten sweaters a year for the next millennium! I can't even make them for my son and his family because they live in Houston! Not exactly sweater country!

Good Morning Everyone;

Not quite awake yet as the cat woke me at 5:00; not sure why, she had food, so maybe she was just bored and wanted company. But of course, as soon as I got up and laid down on the couch in the front room with her, she quieted down and went to sleep...I now have a crick in my neck from sleeping on the couch.

82 Days until the BAF Gala!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Yay!

And there's Countdown Kim.....the eternal optimist!

I love seeing your red posts!

Yep, thought we were close enough now to start counting down and hopefully, before long, I will have more to add to it! I really do believe we will be seeing Clay before October!

Kim

FromClaygary, yes you're right. It was Miyuki. *wipes egg off face* I made the mistake of grabbing a few vials of those while they were NOT on sale for an evening bag that I was hoping to make for the StripedSockSirens fundraiser -- never again, or at least never w/o a discount!

Did anyone who knows fabrics watch Mamma Mia and notice the type of material (silk?) that Meryl Streep's shawl was made of at the cliff during "The Winner Takes It All"? She was luminous in that scene and if ever I have to do that in real life I want to look exactly like she did (including the dramatic scenery and the wind from the sea behind her, hee!... by some strange coincidence I already have a blouse that looks like the one she wore)

Oh, no egg on your face! I work with those puppies every day, so it's a familiar name to me....and yes, if you needed enough to knit/crochet a bag with, it would be the world's most beautiful but expensive!! bag! Wonderful colours though...it's my ambition to own a tube of everything they have :lol:

...and the note about the shawl in Mamma Mia made me REALLY laugh! I haven't seen MM so can't help, but only a fabri-knit-aholic would have noticed that! Too funny!

Okay - just to add a wrinkle . . . I'm left-handed!

My Nannie tried to teach me to crochet - just. not. good!

She couldn't figure out how to show me "backwards"!!! :cryingwlaughter:

And - y'all please say some Ticket Tango Prayers for folks tomorrow, eh?

AH-HAH!! Us Canadians are rubbing off on you!! :lmaosmiley-1: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Actually, for beading, the left-handed shouldn't be a problem....I'm willing to give it a shot!

And yes, please some good thoughts for us ticket people!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: again!

So, I guess nobody's interested in cotton dishcloths, eh? :hysterical:

Claymatron, me! :PickMe-1: How about donating them to the SSS sale this year?!!!

Good idea!! I know if I cooked :hysterical: I'd love them!

FromClaygary - I would LOVE LOVE LOVE flower earrings and your bracelets are awesome. Even pins would be nice. You do a great job.

Stash. It's bad enough just visiting quilt stores but remember - I worked in a fabric store for several years. .....unpacked the boxes from Moda and Free Spirit and Benertex, Alexander Henry, P&B and Michael Miller, etc. OH - I need some of that! OH, I need some of that, too. And then because I didn't have a pattern in mind I would take 1-3 yds - just in case! When I moved to the mountains I took a full-sized closet and put shelves in it - and that's still not enough. Then I have patterns and fabric in project bags.....on the floor, under the bed, ......and you get the picture!

Iseeme, re the earrings....maybe tell me more in PM? ......and oh yes, unfortunately, been there done that, so I SO DO get the picture!!

In case anyone's interested, I've started to upload the Minneapolis JNT07 files to the CH/CU vaults. The mp3's, mp4's and XviDs are also available

Awesome, thanks for those! One of my favorite concerts last year.

Now I want to go to NYC and see the play!!

This actually might be a great thing for the play, which I think was fading a little!

Cute story though- my cousin took her car for an oil change yesterday. The young (twenties) guy who serviced her :P noticed her I'd rather be at a Clay Aiken concert LP holder, and asked her if he should comment on it? She said "not if it's going to be something nasty", and he said that his girlfriend, whose name was Jill(?) and who lives in Buffalo, looooves Clay, and that she's been very grumpy all summer because there have been no concerts to go to. My cousin said to him "I LOVE your girlfriend!", and he asked "Do you know her?" Guess he thinks all Clay fans know each other! :cryingwlaughter: I thought it was cute!

Ummm.....sadly enough..... :cryingwlaughter: I think I might know her!!

Chardonnay,

I am a crying mess after watching the video of "I Will Be Here" and seeing your beautiful daughter dancing with her new husband. Have always thought that it would make the perfect wedding song. They did a wonderful job singing it--was that another daughter singing?--lovely voice-- and two lovely girls.

The baby and motorcyle noises added to the enjoyment for me--made it real. And also reminded me of my own DD#2's wedding seven years ago. A motorcyle roared by during one of the readings and you couldn't hear anything. The girl doing the reading later confided that she had been very nervous and was very grateful for the motorcycle noice.

Forgot to add!

For anyone that can use Jet Blue, they announced a sale this morning, and this time it looks like a good one!

Use this link, not the regular website....

Jet Blue Sale

Thanks for the link. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a sale on from Buffalo to RDU! :P

Forgot to add!

For anyone that can use Jet Blue, they announced a sale this morning, and this time it looks like a good one!

Use this link, not the regular website....

Jet Blue Sale

Thanks for the link. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a sale on from Buffalo to RDU! :P

Oh goodness, yes there is! Maybe just not on the days you want to go? I can get a really good fare on Thurs/Tues.....

Good morning.

Hope all that want tickets to the gala can get them - so they can come back and tell us all about it!

A friend sent me a bunch of funny cat pictures with captions.....I thought this one was hysterical

justgetmom.jpg

Clay content?

vegas2.jpg

Look at that brazen hussy Shae-Lynn Bournce glomming on to the cutesingerman.... :cryingwlaughter:

Stash. It's bad enough just visiting quilt stores but remember - I worked in a fabric store for several years. .....unpacked the boxes from Moda and Free Spirit and Benertex, Alexander Henry, P&B and Michael Miller, etc. OH - I need some of that! OH, I need some of that, too. And then because I didn't have a pattern in mind I would take 1-3 yds - just in case! When I moved to the mountains I took a full-sized closet and put shelves in it - and that's still not enough. Then I have patterns and fabric in project bags.....on the floor, under the bed, ......and you get the picture!

With the exception of moving to the mountains, I could have written this, Iseeme! :cryingwlaughter: I still have some stuff stashed up at mom's house because a 2 bedroom apartment just isn't big enough for two cats and one person and all her creative endeavors - you need space to be creative! And you need to have different yarns/fabrics/beads/paints/scrapbooking supplies on hand so that when the creative urge strikes, you can do something with it. Of course, once you start a project you realize that you don't have exactly what you need on hand and must take a trip to a yarns/fabrics/beads/paints/scrapbooking store.... :whistling-1:

This past weekend I finally finished a project for friend – recreating from 2 little mid-1970’s pictures a beloved orange stuffed dog that was her daughter’s 1st b-day present. Having been thoroughly played with and moving over the years, the original finally succumbed to flood damage. His eyes and music box were salvaged and I used them in the remake. He’ll be traveling to her daughter’s as a surprise (hopefully happy!) b-day present next weekend.

I’ve been pulling out fur (mohair/wool/alpaca – not real!) and working on sketches & notes for my SSS projects. I’m looking forward to getting started on the actual bears. :) Wish I could work on them at work when I’m looking for something to do!

Happy Monday everyone… killer_rabbit.gif

And of course: :Iluvclaysbutt:

I love the pictures and the wonderful memories. I'm waiting for Clay's next thing after he and Jaymes have their baby, IIT. The fandom is so weird right now, I just wondered if anyone is planning on knitting or gifting or whatever people do. I hope we see a picture of them all together. Fri. is Aug 1st. It won't be long now. I wish I had a ticket to the Gala, but I'm working on it.

I love the pictures and the wonderful memories. I'm waiting for Clay's next thing after he and Jaymes have their baby, IIT. The fandom is so weird right now, I just wondered if anyone is planning on knitting or gifting or whatever people do. I hope we see a picture of them all together. Fri. is Aug 1st. It won't be long now. I wish I had a ticket to the Gala, but I'm working on it.

Since the baby will be well-cared for; I hope if people do feel the need to "gift"; perhaps it would be more beneficial to make a gift to a local hospital, charity, etc....

Kim

Of course, once you start a project you realize that you don't have exactly what you need on hand and must take a trip to a yarns/fabrics/beads/paints/scrapbooking store....

Bwahaahaha :cryingwlaughter: Yup - that would be me, too! I need just the right color to match the yardage I already have. OH, and while I'm at the shop I see a new fabric collection that I must have and it starts all over again. Annabear - I think we're related!

But I have to say - IIT - I hope people don't start making and/or sending gifts! I just remember the hundreds of pajama bottoms Clay got when he started wearing them after concerts. Stuff he just ends up having to give away! IIT this baby will have everything it could possibly need for the first year of its life and beyond from his parents shopping and close friends and family. IIT I will be making a donation to TBAF in the child's name - actually whether it's Clay's baby or not - but each have to decide on their own what to do or how to spend their time and money. I just have always thought it was odd to give Clay something he was going to have to turn around and donate somewhere because he didn't need it! Didn't see the point in it. But - that's just my opinion.

Oops - Aikim and I posted at the same time - but with the same thought!

Since the baby will be well-cared for; I hope if people do feel the need to "gift"; perhaps it would be more beneficial to make a gift to a local hospital, charity, etc....

Kim

Yep...I'm telling you, celebrities don't need stuff like this. They have enough and more than they could ever use.

I'm actually more interested in finding out Clay's next professional venture. The fandom is only as weird as you allow it to be. There are some whacked people out there in this fandom...SERIOUSLY whacked. I go sailing merrily along, minding my business, not knowing a thing about what's going on out there and BAM -- hit in the face by some seriously deluded overinvested people. And the thing is you don't know which shade of whack is worse LOL.

I'm in COMPLETE agreement about not sending gifts IIT, IIU, etc. I understand the sentiment, but I also think a donation for charity is the best way to express congratulations. I believe that baby (whatever the story is) will have everything it ever needs and then some, including love - why not give to UNICEF to help another child who will be struggling just to survive?

And I forgot earlier - sorry about your vacation plans having to be canceled, aikim. :thbighug-1: Hope you're able to relax and enjoy the time off anyway.

FromClaygary - woo! hoo! That's great! Anybody else able to get in for tickets?

I grabbed one too. It says same as FromClaygary's that the order was processing. I hope that means there will be a ticket for me (I don't mind sitting on the floor...)

Still, it was fun trying for a ticket to see Clay again.

Gosh, I can't believe how much I missed that thrill!!

Now it is all in the anticipation. :D