#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Congratulations might be a little premature. Has anyone actually received a confirmation email from BAF for a transaction that went through with no credit card problems? Most of the people I've heard from so far have only had the confirmation screen after they ordered, but not the actual confirmation email with an order #. I'm hoping that the BAF is just still processing all the applications, and has not oversold the event, which is what happened last year. I'd hate to see anyone left out, who got the initial confirmation screen.

Anyone have experience with Dell laptops? Good? Bad? Suggestions? Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

FWIW, I'm on my 4th, and my mother's on her second. I bought two of them used on eBay cheap, still under warranty. Have had very few problems. If you get the good service contract, you're golden.

Anyone have experience with Dell laptops? Good? Bad? Suggestions? Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

FWIW, I'm on my 4th, and my mother's on her second. I bought two of them used on eBay cheap, still under warranty. Have had very few problems. If you get the good service contract, you're golden.

My son works at Best Buy. He used to dispise DELL-would not even sell one. Now he says they have improved dramactically and are becoming one of the best out there.

Thanks for posting this Bella19

Another option (especially for Cdns who don't get a direct tax deduction) is to become a UNICEF Global Parent - it's an automatic deduction every month and goes to a child/family in need. I think that's what I'm leaning toward doing. Here's their link:

UNICEF Canada Global Parent

I do donate monthly to UNICEF but since I am a member of the Zombie Horde (TM LBFCA?) when it comes to Clay's requests for UNICEF donations...he commands, I obey, I do donate to UNICEF USA when he asks me to. But I did get a tax receipt, can't remember if it was e-mailed to me or if just printed it off the UNICEF USA webpage and I included it in my charitable donations when I e-filed my income tax form. So far no problem.

Rushing in with birthday wishes

fte475.giffte233.gif4b9ae577.gif

5f371bf7.gifbf3edf24.gif

Inspired by Scarlett

Prehistroic_party.gif

Couchie... can we add some of these to our emoticons, pretty please. We need fresh emoti's with all these birthdays happening!

sure no problem if someone can add to the emoticon thread.

So, vp is in labor. She actually came in LOL. Which was great cuz I needed her to sign checks but I made sure to give her my stuff quick. She just left, contractions 10 minutes apart and she's barely sweating. I'm still not drinking the water around here... looks like she will be first, well second considering "oops it's here" and then there are 3 more to go.

to all you gala ticket buyers...hope you get the good final word soooooooooon and not Clay's soon.

Heeee, Couchie! What percentage of female employees there are pregnant? I'd also steer clear of the coffee, donuts, candy, etc. etc. You never can be too careful!

:cryingwlaughter:

I rarely pay for service contracts, because I think that many of them are rip-offs. But I put service contracts on every laptop or desktop I buy. That way I can access tech support anytime and have my computer serviced ad infinitum. Much cheaper in the long run!

Good luck to everyone hoping for Gala tickets!!

Well today has not been right up there with the best. My car needs a new clutch! And I am not a happy camper. Since I live 20+ miles from town I'll have to rent a car for 2 days.....on my dime, of course. The mechanic said I could probably drive another 20,000 miles without it breaking down. Now how does he know that? And why does he think I'll have $1000 then that I don't have now.

I'm depressed.

But then I'm not pregnant and I'm not contemplating buying a Dell laptop so there is something to smile about today.

Cute story though- my cousin took her car for an oil change yesterday. The young (twenties) guy who serviced her :P noticed her I'd rather be at a Clay Aiken concert LP holder, and asked her if he should comment on it? She said "not if it's going to be something nasty", and he said that his girlfriend, whose name was Jill(?) and who lives in Buffalo, looooves Clay, and that she's been very grumpy all summer because there have been no concerts to go to. My cousin said to him "I LOVE your girlfriend!", and he asked "Do you know her?" Guess he thinks all Clay fans know each other! :cryingwlaughter: I thought it was cute!

Ummm.....sadly enough..... :cryingwlaughter: I think I might know her!!

Oh-Oh- hope it's not sad that you know her because of her ! :lmaosmiley-1:

Dang it- I e-mailed the BAF yesterday to see if there were still silver/gold tickets available to purchase. I put it off till the eleventh hour as usual (procrastination is my middle name!), and it's come back to bite me in the butt! I knew neither my cousin or I would be around to go after the other tickets today, and I haven't yet got a response from BAF (other than the automated one from last night.) :cry4::crying1::badmood:

So much for my pity party- congratulations to everyone who did get tickets today, though! :clap:

Thanks for posting this Bella19

Another option (especially for Cdns who don't get a direct tax deduction) is to become a UNICEF Global Parent - it's an automatic deduction every month and goes to a child/family in need. I think that's what I'm leaning toward doing. Here's their link:

UNICEF Canada Global Parent

I do donate monthly to UNICEF but since I am a member of the Zombie Horde (TM LBFCA?) when it comes to Clay's requests for UNICEF donations...he commands, I obey, I do donate to UNICEF USA when he asks me to. But I did get a tax receipt, can't remember if it was e-mailed to me or if just printed it off the UNICEF USA webpage and I included it in my charitable donations when I e-filed my income tax form. So far no problem.

Me too. I submit my tax receipts from UNICEF and they've always taken them~or ignored them and humored me, I'm not sure which!

But then I'm not pregnant and I'm not contemplating buying a Dell laptop so there is something to smile about today.

Exactly!! :lmaosmiley-1: That's about as good as my day got too. I knew there was something to be happy about!

Oops, forgot....laljeter, no, if it's the lady I think, she's very nice! I just kind of think it's humorous that, in fact.....we DO know her!

Well today has not been right up there with the best. My car needs a new clutch! And I am not a happy camper. Since I live 20+ miles from town I'll have to rent a car for 2 days.....on my dime, of course. The mechanic said I could probably drive another 20,000 miles without it breaking down. Now how does he know that? And why does he think I'll have $1000 then that I don't have now.

I'm depressed.

iseeme - isn't there a place with a free loaner?? The place we go to has one. Or what about going to a "do it while you wait place''? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm depressed.

And you have someone waiting in the wings -- that should cheer one of us up.

*sniffle* :cry4:

ETA: I can explain! But I have to drive home now (oops!) hop along home now since I can't see anything in photobucket. See ya! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Chach - remember, I live in the mountains!!! No free loaners or other nice amenities. The last time the car got worked on they screwed up and ordered the wrong part so they paid for the rental so I could go home since the part wouldn't arrive until the next day. That isn't the case this time. I can't ask a neighbor to drive me down there and back. Don't want to impose. And to "wait" would involve sitting in a room about 6'x6' for quite possibly 4-6 hours. Whine! Whine! Whine! Times like this I wish I still lived in a big city - but then I burp and the mood passes! :cryingwlaughter: All I can do is laugh about it.

Every time I've donated to UNICEF or TBAF online I get an email back with a confirmation and all the particulars. My tax guy has always said that is acceptable for tax purposes. I just keep them with my tax documents in case.....

Nickplay.jpg

eta:

And you have someone waiting in the wings -- that should cheer one of us up.

Well my sweet Babbooo - it is not ME that's been sleeping around and standing at windows nekkid. And planning future sleepwiths. :naughtywag:

Every time I've donated to UNICEF or TBAF online I get an email back with a confirmation and all the particulars. My tax guy has always said that is acceptable for tax purposes. I just keep them with my tax documents in case.....

Nickplay.jpg

Iseeme, the difference with us is that we're in Canada~and neither UNICEF USA nor TBAF is an RCI in Canada. But I believe they have actually changed the tax tules (in 2007 I think) to allow the out of country donations to be deductible.

Hey salty, by any chance is that Mr. Salt in your avi who Clay slaps hands with?

No,treenuts, at the very end of the loop you can see his hand come down but Clay was already walking by. He was busy trying to take pictures with the must-be-replaced-before-the-next-Clay-event camera.

Hi, Honies!

I'm Ho-o-o-ome!!!

Two baseball games in this heat and humidity nearly did me in!

But my 70+ Aunt was out in the heat and she just had heart surgery two days after Christmas, so I really shouldn't complain! She's a member of "The Zipper Club"! hee

I'm in dire need of a shower. But I need food first!

I also stopped at Walmart, Michael's and Target on the way home. Found fabric for curtains, a chair side ottoman/table thingy and CD shelves that I hope will work for the paperback book collection so I can get the Crap Room in order!

Latah!

Off to feed Droopy Dog and ME!

:)

ETA:

cuz Fee and Feed are not the same thing!!!

P1080504.jpg

Just scrolling through my Spamalot pictures tonight and I thought I would share this. Mr. Salt took lots of pictures, but we desperately need a new camera, so this is one of the better ones.

March 16.

Bringing this over from the other page because 1) you can never have enough Clay Aiken and 2) I wanted to thank you for posting it, Salty! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have a Dell Laptop and it’s fine. Not bad, not spectacular. It’s a work laptop so I don’t put a lot of stuff on it, plus it’s XP. I’ve not had any problems with it. If I buy myself a laptop, I will probably go Vaio or HP.

Hi, Honies!

I'm Ho-o-o-ome!!!

Two baseball games in this heat and humidity nearly did me in!

But my 70+ Aunt was out in the heat and she just had heart surgery two days after Christmas, so I really shouldn't complain! She's a member of "The Zipper Club"! hee

I'm in dire need of a shower. But I need food first!

Honies, I'm Ho-o-o-o-me too! Er, make that Honey! *whispers sorry*

Well my sweet Babbooo - it is not ME that's been sleeping around and standing at windows nekkid. And planning future sleepwiths. :naughtywag:

The window, I can't explain. It's a bad habit that I keep forgetting to draw the drapes. But our room in SF was overlooking water so only the fishies were happy.

Sleeping with fans.... well, isn't it a good thing to enable people? So that we could all get to go to these Clay events for half (or one-third, or better yet one-fournt) the price of a hotel room? And if once in a while I make the mistake of inviting the wrong mix (like during one of the JBT's where the 2 people I invited were KAndre and someone in the FakeClay business, so I had to stay up all night because I just knew that the minute I closed my eyes they would be at each other's throats), there's always the opportunity to bring people together!!! Ok now? :26: :openflower3:

-----------------------------------------

I need some household advice! I just got home and someone (ok, me) left part of a hamburger on the counter last night and forgot about it this morning so when I got back this evening it was covered with ants. I don't have any bug spray in the place -- should I just quickly toss the thing into the microwave, ants and all?

My work laptop is a Dell but we got a great service agreement with them. My personal one is an HP, it's been chugging along for four and a half years. High time I replaced it but it's been with me on just about every trip in the fandom -- bought it on sale just before the IT. For years it's all I ever used to render and burn everything I ever sent out. These days I use a workstation to render because it's more efficient but this old thing has been through too much spilled liquids from reading hilarious board posts; the hinge is broken from when I kicked it off the bed the only time I was in a hotel room by myself (in Orlando the night before Fort Myers because KAndre warned me to get out of Texas before a storm hit), the screen may be somewhat grimy from stroking, shmoopie moments have left some salt deposits here and there, it's 2 operating systems and several CPU generations behind, but it's still chugging along. I really ought to upgrade already and there was a great one on sale at Best Buy a couple of weeks ago -- with an NVidia 8800 video card built in, but it's not going to be easy to let this one go.

ETA:

And FakeClay chick could only dream of reaching my throat - I woulda totally accidentally smothered her in sleep.

And believe it or not, I shall finish more of the saga of SF tomorrow (because I just got back from the chiropractor who for some strange reason didn't believe me about the damn carousel horse).

Yes, I know that. I didn't even lie down that night -- just kept one hand on a bucket of water and the other on the phone poised over 911.

Chiropractor didn't believe that the carousel horse bucked and threw you off?!! *there, there*

BTW, Solo said she would post something about how you seemed to imply in Recap Part#1 that the Mazda 6 was her choice dream car.

KAndre watches Scarlett lay it on thick while batting her lashes and falls over laughing...

I see we didn't mention the jogging trail that was next to the water, huh?

And FakeClay chick could only dream of reaching my throat - I woulda totally accidentally smothered her in sleep.

And believe it or not, I shall finish more of the saga of SF tomorrow (because I just got back from the chiropractor who for some strange reason didn't believe me about the damn carousel horse).

Scarlett Darlin' - Iseeme's house has been inundated with ants for several months and in spite of many trips by the bug guy. To no avail. What I do is spritz them with Windex. It kills them instantly and it's easy to clean up! And it smells clean. I hatesssss ants. Try to see where they're coming into the house.

Oh sure - the old water story - leaving out the salient point of a jogging path......Hmmmmm......(fortunately I'm the forgiving type!)

Scarlett Darlin' - Iseeme's house has been inundated with ants for several months and in spite of many trips by the bug guy. To no avail. What I do is spritz them with Windex. It kills them instantly and it's easy to clean up! And it smells clean. I hatesssss ants. Try to see where they're coming into the house.

Unfortunately I don't have Windex either. Would WD40 work? (I guess my homemaker qualities are showing, huh? I hope you're not the neatness nutcase overly tidy type who aligns milk bottles and such..... hmm.... you have ants too! ah!)

(fortunately I'm the forgiving type!)

That's what's so sweet about you! :squeeze:

liney, thanks! I guess having to clean them up would make that a bad thing.

========================================================

ETA: I have this cleaner mix called NOW in a spray bottle and it worked like a charm, after I tossed the main thing into a ziploc bag like Liney said. (Ewww, it was literally covered with ants. Like that scene from the last Indy movie) Thanks a bunch!!! :thankyou:

ETAA: Eeeeee, I got my e-mail confirmation!

EYATA: So glad that's done, I'm off to render some more Clack and get some supper! (which I will not absentmindedly leave on the counter just because the clip I rendered was thudalicious...) MUAH!!!

Scarlett! Scarlett! WD-40 is oily. Do you have any cleaning spray of any kind? And no, spray starch isn't a good idea either. Tsk! Tsk! Otherwise just smash the little buggers with a napkin....preferably paper!

So did anyone get a confirmation on gala tickets?

Thanks for the input on Dell laptops. We get a pretty good discount through work, but I have to say I'm not particularly fond of "building" my own laptop. Too many choices and I just kinda zone out! :shrug: Will have to check out Best Buy.