#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Good Morning Everyone,

81 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I don't like Vista much, either. I find it's folder structure very confusing. However I got an HP laptop back in February (with Vista) and it's been great so far. Prior to that I had a couple of Toshibas. One had a mother board problem in the first 2 years, the other's screen died after about 5 years. But all in all they were pretty good. I have had trouble with Future Shop in the past but I like Best Buy for service plans, etc.

aikim, thanks for the countdown to the gala! I got my actual confirmation email last night, how about everyone else?

I don't like Vista much, either. I find it's folder structure very confusing. However I got an HP laptop back in February (with Vista) and it's been great so far. Prior to that I had a couple of Toshibas. One had a mother board problem in the first 2 years, the other's screen died after about 5 years. But all in all they were pretty good. I have had trouble with Future Shop in the past but I like Best Buy for service plans, etc.

aikim, thanks for the countdown to the gala! I got my actual confirmation email last night, how about everyone else?

:cry4::cry4:

:cry4::cry4:

Aww, poor baby - sending you good ticket karma for today!

I have to thank both Lotus and you for the tax receipt info. I've never submitted anything from a US charity, but after your experience I'm gonna give it a shot.

Just to wrap up the conversation about "fibre" people noticing details, I always notice what stuff is made of. Waaay back in the dark ages, in highschool, I made almost all my clothes. I've made loads of stuff for the house (curtains, bedspreads, even made a nightmare slipcover once) and what I love making most are Hallowe'en costumes. Who knows when my kids will ever have kids, but there's a huge plastic bin full of really great costumes waiting for them.

I woke up this morning at 430! Arghh! and can't get back to sleep so after reading here I went over to CH and read this by jojoma. Sums up what I've been feeling lately.

This Summer could be called the LackaClacka2008. I didn't realize how much I'd miss the adrenalin rush of waiting up for new clack, planning concert trips, pages and pages on the CH to catch up on. Yes, I've been able to devote more time to family and business but there is a big fat hole in the Joy department.
(bolding mine)

Ah Fabric. What I've noticed is that their are fewer fabric stores. The one in my community is almost entirely devoted to quilting. And it is harder to find lovely fabrics for clothing. I used to sew special clothes for my children as well as clothes for myself but not any longer but that doesn't seem to stop me from buying fabric.

And beads..love them and have been collecting them for a the last 4 years ever since a beading friend took me off to Tacoma to a Bead Festival. A couple of weeks ago we went to the Puget Sound Bead Festival where I took a workshop in working with wire. It was so much fun and I came home with a pair of earrings, a couple of bracelets and a pendant I had made.

So logically I need to take some of this time left free by the absence of Clay to create something. Time to find the Joy elsewhere tho' nothing compares to him.

The Broads have the next matchup of the challenge up: Back for More vs. Buttercup That one was easy peasy for me...Buttercup all the way!

I'm a Toshiba laptop gal myself, but am planning on getting a new Dell desktop here in the next month or so, mainly because I can order it online with the exact specs I want. I too don't really want Vista, but it costs much more extra to have them install XP instead, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet on that one.

AACCCCCKKKKK! That challenge is tough! I love both BFM and Buttercup. Finally voted for Buttercup, but I'm feeling sad for BFM!

My new HP has Vista. It's taken a bit to get accustomed to it, but there are many features that I really like.

Just to wrap up the conversation about "fibre" people noticing details, I always notice what stuff is made of. Waaay back in the dark ages, in highschool, I made almost all my clothes. I've made loads of stuff for the house (curtains, bedspreads, even made a nightmare slipcover once) and what I love making most are Hallowe'en costumes. Who knows when my kids will ever have kids, but there's a huge plastic bin full of really great costumes waiting for them.

Me too, Bella! I used to LOVE to sew. I still have curtains up in my house that I made, and they look better than the ones I bought! I also sewed a lot of my own clothes in high school. Seems like too much work now! And I've been giving away toys and clothes my kids have outgrown, but I just can't get rid of the cute Halloween costumes I made.

More Clay content - here's a pic I had as my avi for the longest time. It's such a gorgeous picture! Clay's so passionate and fully committed to the song in this pic. The stubble, neck and lips don't hurt, either!

CloseupJNTstuble.jpg

Morning everyone.....

Ryan with a shark tooth stuck in his footsie. Awwwww...... And yes, if that had been Clay he probably would have had the Shark Lovers Dental Union after him for causing the shark discomfort and and diminishing his ability to rip his food apart!

CM - being a wine merchant and all - what is YOUR favorite?

And we're beseiged with smoke again. There's a huge fire in Yosemite that is currently burning out of control. Will this summer never be over? This time we can smell the smoke.....it's really awful. What makes me mad is the fire was started by a spark from a target shooter and has burned 45 square miles of forest so far! Idiot!

Clay content - so who here at FCA actually got tickets for the gala?

And a good morning pretty:

17Knoxville.jpg

The Broads have the next matchup of the challenge up: Back for More vs. Buttercup That one was easy peasy for me...Buttercup all the way!

I'm a Toshiba laptop gal myself, but am planning on getting a new Dell desktop here in the next month or so, mainly because I can order it online with the exact specs I want. I too don't really want Vista, but it costs much more extra to have them install XP instead, so I think I'm going to bite the bullet on that one.

This was the hardest contest so far for me... that is my favorite version of BFM with the mic throwdown and the tie pull... and those shoulders... GAH, but Buttercup was a highlight on AI and he got Slimon back that night.... I chose BFM cause "I had a feelin'" that Buttercup would win.

CloseupJNTstuble.jpg

sigh..thanks Gibby -- she ain't my girlfriend for nothing...I love this picture...the pictures of him singing Good New are some of my favorite of all time... this one particularly.

I think if Clay had toured this summer I'd be sitting behind my computer screen listening to cellcerts unless he came west so selfishly I'm happy for the time to get ready for him again. Ok it's only been a week but if you've noticed less posthoing from me at night (stop laughing) it's cuz I spend much more time working job #2. 31 hours last week. If I stay on this course for the next two months I won't feel guilty for going to the gala LOL. Oh and I'm one one way flight away from a free ticket.

It took me awhile to get used to vista but now I like it... I too had trouble finding my files at first. I love my Toshiba...no problems so far but it's only been 7 months.

Maybe someone can explain the way Vista does the file system to me....hee, and me a computer programmer! But it makes no sense to me. There are the usual file folders, and then there is another icon that is also a file folder somehow. I have files named the same things, that is what is so confusing. And for some reason, it set up my main Documents folder under Music/George Harrison. Weird!

couchie & Cotton, so glad you can join us for the gala! *fingers crossed that everyone expecting a confirmation email gets one today!*

CM - being a wine merchant and all - what is YOUR favorite?

Gee... wine merchant, that sounds so classy! :thbighug-1: (I even got my oh-fish-al certificate to hang on the wall).

I used to only drink Chardonnay until I discovered Pinot Grigio (actually first time I tasted it was in a restaurant in Syracuse, NY). As for reds, I only drank them with meals (spaghetti, steak, roast beef) and always picked a Chianti or Merlot, although, for some reason, I'd always order a Beaujolais in a restaurant. Now, however, I have discovered Shiraz (which is actually Sirah, but the Australians started calling it Shiraz), Petite Sirah, Pinot Noir and Gamay Noir, and I don't think I've had Chianti or Merlot since. It helps that we are given a free bottle each week to taste and evaluate (woo hoo!) and, aside from Rieslings, which are just a little too sweet for my taste, I don't think there are too many I haven't liked.

My dream has always been to go to Napa, but I'm discovering some pretty amazing Ontario wines right now....and Naked Grape wines from B.C. (aged in stainless steel instead of oak barrels) are among my favourites. Their Pinot Grigio is wonderful.

There...now aren't you sorry you asked? :hysterical:

FromClaygary. Crossing my fingers for you to get your Gala ticket!!!!

Love the new banner! Cindilu You are a Banner Goddess! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

Wheee - thanks for using my banner Team FCA (and thanks aikim and djs111) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Count me among the gala peeps. Wheeeeeeee!!! I don't think for a minute that's the next time we'll 'see' him, but I am beyond happy to be going. Last year's event is among the highlights of all my Clay experiences. Don't think I'll ever get over him putting that ring in his mouth and tonguing it, knowing full well he was killing 95% of the people in the audience. *gulp*

*takes a moment*

*takes several more*

Where was I now??? Oh yeah... the gala. Can't wait!!!

I don't think I've said too, how wonderful the Best of Sterling Heights montages are. goldarngirl and luckiest1 - Freakin' AWESOME. I can't even say how many times I've watched Listen now. I don't even need volume. Just watching his face as he watches Q and works that magic of his. OMG - I seriously think I die just to be on the receiving end of those few minutes. GAH!!!!

I really love how it matches the color scheme.

baby vp was born early this morning. Gibby it's not a large percentage of pregnant employees but it just feels strange to see 5 pregnant at the same time. But this is the first company I worked at where it is 90% women.

Loving The Muppet Song today heee. It's a stress buster song LOL.

Very very very nice banner!!

I got my gala tickets! :D

I got a Dell laptop for my daughter last week. So far she really likes it. My husband has been using one for work since we moved to Baku, and I have an very old one in the closet...must be ten years old....and it still works. I DO love my HP though and I think John preferred the HP he had as a work laptop in Houston. The Dell was a pretty good price, and the fact that it came in colors was a plus with the kid. You have no idea how frustrating it is to talk tech specs to someone who appears to be listening and then says, "Does it come in red?"

Like it was a purse or something.... :Ahh:

Time to go download me some montages.

Hee, my daughter resembles those comments. Making sure the laptop matches her accesories is her utmost concern! LOL

I am having an ATDW kind of day. Started it off with Right Here Waiting which put a big smile on my face this morning. Listened to the rest on random, and then this afternoon my iPod has been playing me a lot of DCAT/SRHP, combined with a seemlingly high number of Christmas tour live selections. Hmmmmmmmmm.....maybe it's a sign? Yesterday I predicted to cindilu2 that once we'd all emptied our pocketbooks on gala tickets, flights, and hotel arrangements, a Christmas tour announcement wouldn't be far off. Heh. *crosses fingers & toes*

Love the new banner!

baby vp was born early this morning.

You realize you almost gave me a heart attack with this statement, right? Until I noticed the "vp" in there.

Me, I'm not really a wine person - as the only thing I wanna drink are sweet wines (and I don't mean play sweet like white zinfadels, I mean SWEET, like reislings and eisweins and sauternes - tasty! But then again, I also like Boone's Farm. I'm sophisticated that way.

The rest of some Friday in July with the eHP and I'm almost sure it was this year:

Being the fearless leader that I am, I know La Careme wasn't exactly in front of us so I spot a bunch of chefy looking people hanging around a door and head for them. Being that I'm not a guy, I ask them where the restaurant was, and being that I always look for a shortcut cultural experiences for the eHP, managed to get a tour of the kitchen tossed in for free! It was a little rushed and people looked at us with amazement, but we're used to that. It was a little more frou-frou than I expected, but then again, I like frou-frou. And a nicely nervous wait staff. They explained our main entree options (and Scarlett only changed her mind three times) and pointed out the buffet. It was definitely culinary school food - I personally loved Solo's and PerusingOne's filet mignon Wellington (but then again, I like my beef cooked) - and once I adjusted to the most intensely citrusy lemon-garlic sauce on my turkey (once you got past the "I am LEMON, hear me ROAR" it was really good), and off we went to the buffet. Very French and therefore we saved serious room for dessert. I may have accidentally eaten their samples, but that would have been their fault for making them really tasty and not hiding them from me.

Look! White space! Enjoy it while you can!

After lunch, we went off to create our own sunset cruise as we noticed that the Bay area is just a titch foggy at random times (if I were inclined to be literary I would add something about cat feet or cat fur but I think somebody said it first and it didn’t really look like cat fur anyway) and we of the eHP see no point in paying fifty bucks for looking at a sunset in the fog when we could get the same view for $22. So off we went to Fisherman’s Wharf. I have to admit, I don’t have a clue why so many city planners have something against putting crap in numerical order…it’s not cute, it just annoying. But not as annoying as paying THIRTY-FIVE DOLLARS FOR FRICKIN’ PARKING. Dudes, that was just so very wrong. And yes, Solo “warned” me about the rates but I notice she very carefully didn’t mention any numbers at all. After squishing in a parking space, off we go to the Blue & Gold Fleet ticket thingie and there was a line. And we only had like 5 minutes to make the boat. Being that the eHP is not fond of lines (or missing boats), we notice a ticket machine on the side of the building that didn’t have a line. We then discovered it didn’t have a line because it didn’t fucking work. Signage, people! Signage is very helpful. And no one accidentally kicked the machine when we left. We also conveniently left Scarlett in line so we didn’t have to start over. We asked the ticket lady if she thought we could make the boat and she said yes in an extremely dubious manner. So as we left the ticket thingie, I said we should run, and so we did. We ran like the wind. No matter what Solo says, because Solo is way too strict in her definition of “run”. And it’s not like she went any faster than we did. And we made the boat. So there. So the sun came out as the boat took off and we climbed to the top and pretended we were pirates and Captain Morgan and models and played and took pictures and no one fell in the water. It was kick-ass. We waved at Alcatraz as went by and pointed out something called Angel Island to Scarlett who for some unknown reason thought we should go there. As apparently it involved something called “hiking” for something called “miles”, I didn’t wanna go. The boat stopped at Tiburon and we didn’t get off because we wanted to go to Sausalito. We saw the Golden Gate (which is actually red – I think someone should mention “deception in advertising” to the authorities) and land at Sausalito – just in time for a really good farmer’s market. They had plums and peaches and nectarines to frickin’ die for. Man, that fruit was good. So we bought pounds of it. Literally. Pounds. My mouth is watering right now thinking about the things. So off we go down the main drag on Sausalito. And the second thing me ‘n Scarlett buy is a game called “Dirty Minds”. It caught our attention for some reason. Heh. It turns out it helps if you don’t have a pervy mind. Solo just rolled her eyes at us. PerusingOne did manage to get ONE answer right. One. I’m planning on bringing it to merrieeee’s next time. I don’t think any of us will be able to score. We wander further along the street and find a gallery that we wander into. We even like some of the pictures. Not enough to actually remember the name of the artist though. His parents-in-law were apparently running the place. We wandered back out again and my eye was caught by a cheongsam hanging in the doorway – it was GORGEOUS. I couldn’t have actually gotten one arm in it (hell, Solo says she couldn’t have gotten into it) but we had to look more and it had some of the nicest looking skank wear evah! I love skank wear. Really, I do. It had some other really nice stuff to though, including a really nice jacket that forced PerusingOne to buy it. First, she said “Oh, it probably costs too much.” Looked at the tag, “Oh shit, it’s reasonable. Dammit.” Then she said, “Oh well, it wouldn’t fit” then Solo found her size. She said “Double dammit”. I personally found a variety of very nice items for $5 (I cannot resist nice $5 clothes…just cannot resist). Of course Scarlett wandered off while we were buying clothes we didn’t need. She had to go into Benetton (as if there weren’t Benettons everywhere, and they didn’t even have $5 clothes. Feh.) PerusingOne, who is the eHP’s blood sugar monitor, announced that we were hungry. So we start looking for a place to eat. Places to eat are a vital part of all eHP travel plans. Of course, I am tired of walking by then, and hint delicately that I needed to sit my ass down. We pass 50 billion little restaurants (which is hard since Sausalito only seems to have maybe 30) but noooooooo, PerusingOne now remembers some heavenly sushi place that we just have to go to or we will regret it forever. We trudge along another 10 blocks, and I go from delicately hinting to growling that we need to find something toot sweet or someone was gonna pay. One of the two walking ahead claimed we only had a block to go. They were lying bitches. We finally get to the sushi place (which did have good stuff) but they didn’t turn on the frickin’ heaters. Why the hell would you have heaters and not turn the damn things on? Huh? Huh? We place our orders and I get a bellini. I managed to get one good sip before Solo flings it all over PerusingOne. She tries to explain that it was my fault, even though she was handing her menu to the waiter (apparently she thought I wanted to peruse her menu in case it was different. It was a nice try, though no one believed her). They brought me another bellini. The waiter brought napkins for PerusingOne to dry herself but didn’t offer to help as there was no way he should pat her down like that without at least buying her dinner first. Scarlett ordered a lot of tasty stuff she couldn’t finish eating (as usual). So off we go back to ferry. And considering Scarlett claimed she couldn’t finish her dinner, she claimed she would die if she didn’t get Sausalito ice cream. Which she didn’t as they were rolling up the sidewalks right behind us as we headed for the pier. We did buy more fruit through, because Scarlett had eaten up all her blueberries. Though not the peaches, nectarines and plums. We hop on the ferry, and those of us with blood in our veins instead of antifreeze huddled in the inside of the boat while Scarlett danced around outside, taking pictures of the Golden Gate through the fog. At least I assume it was the Golden Gate ‘cause we couldn’t see shit. Getting off at the pier, Scarlett still insisted that her life would not be complete without real San Francisco ice cream – which turned out to be Dreyer’s. Amazing thing about, ahem, local foods, ain’t it? She did eat all of the ice cream though. Back we went to the car (after demonstrating an appropriate reaction to the highway robbery they call “parking fee”), and back we went to the hotel. Upon which time Couchie calls us. And asks us about plans for Saturday. Which we give her. With lots and lots of options. Which Couchie doesn’t seem to think are really plans, simply because she’s apparently used to some thing called “consensus”. Or even “general agreement”. Heh. Couchie eventually gives up on the “consensus” thing and tells us that she’s just gonna show the hell up. Which works for us. We’re easy that way.

To be continued with the section that includes “Little skanky blond bitches had better NOT try and cut in front me or that will be the last thing they do. Ever.”

Banner: so many Clays - maybe he is sextuplets and different ones perform at different times? Note, I did not say quintuplets or septuplets, heh.

I really love how it matches the color scheme.

baby vp was born early this morning. Gibby it's not a large percentage of pregnant employees but it just feels strange to see 5 pregnant at the same time. But this is the first company I worked at where it is 90% women.

All I can say is that Couchie is lucky she did not join this company when they were having their mating orgies, else we would be knitting little Couchie things. That or she might have not survived the horror oa tripping over bodies in the hall way. Hey, that is not so far fetched, I decided to work late one night and saw far too much mating in one office. They could have at least not used cubicles (on floor under desk when I was dropping off a report) or closed office doors (I passed by on the way to the copier) - sheesh.

Clay things - some one is selling a cast autographed playbill - looking at that made me look through mine and I found I sold all mine off - should have kept separate piles!

couchie & Cotton, so glad you can join us for the gala! *fingers crossed that everyone expecting a confirmation email gets one today!*
EEEEE !!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: luckiest1

And thanks, Kim, for the countdown!!!

Banner Tuesday!!!

new banner is from cindilu!

Verra verra nice!

Oh, yeah! That putting the ring in his mouth - and then exaggerating the hell out of it after he realized the reaction he was getting!

He was gorgeous that night!

And devilish as hell!

Devilishly Gorgeous. And Great Gawdamighty, Sexy!! I mean, O-inducingly Sexy. Raw. No wonder they need a bigger room this year! They need floor space for the thudding and swooning!

His Afghanistan look is my ALL TIME FAVORITE look!

Damn! I wanted to place my hands on either side of his face and feel that soft roughness! :hubbahubba:

Okay - that's my little interlude - back to making the curtains! I'm planning to make these simple rod-pocket babies TODAY!

git 'er done!!! hee

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I know there was something else I wanted to comment on . . .

Oh, yeah!

I don't know nuttin about wine!

But - I'm with KAndre in the SWEET corner!

I don't like anything the experts say is "good wine"! hee

I like Sherry! Harvey's Bristol Creme.

And White Zin.

And whatever else is SWEET!

:)

Latah!

If all Clay Breaks Loose - somebody CALL ME!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Beeeooooootiful banner, cindilu! :thbighug-1: I just looked up and my mouse pointer thingy was the hand pointing right at his crotch in the last picture. See that, even my computer enables me.

You guys are making me so jealous with your Gala plans. (sigh!) I really wish I hadn't missed the last one...that beard, that vest, white shirt and red tie, tonguing the ring, hugging the stripped shirt....GAH.....just kill me now!!!

His Afghanistan look is my ALL TIME FAVORITE look!

Damn! I wanted to place my hands on either side of his face and feel that soft roughness! :hubbahubba:

I don't like anything the experts say is "good wine"! hee

I like Sherry! Harvey's Bristol Creme.

And White Zin.

And whatever else is SWEET!

See...you ARE me! I knew it! A bottle of zinfandel and pics of Afghanistan Clay and beads in the corner somewhere...that's gonna be us!