#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

We're OK here...just a little shook up!!
Glad to hear you're ok, Perma! Has anyone heard from Liney?

What an endlessly gorgeous banner, cindilu!!! These are some of my most favorite looks -- thx for bringing back 'The Way'

:clap::clap::clap:

Scarlettttttttttttttttttttttt.....................must I come looking for you?
*giggles* ....Only happen in cyberspace -- what does 'ttttttttttttttttttttttt' sound like? :cryingwlaughter:

When the kids had grown a bit I realized that I missed an excellent opportunity in not picking names that ended with a vowel sound. There's a certain satisfaction at being able to stick your head out the door and yell up and down the street, "Iseemeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeiiiiiiieeeeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeeeee, come back in here and look what you've done!!!" that you can't get with a child whose name ends in a consonant (or worse, 2 or 3 consonants). You can still make do, but there's nothing like an ending vowel sound to let you really get into the spirit, even throw your entire upper body into the sing-song "iiiiieeeeiiiieeeee"'s, while shaking your head back and forth.

My sympathies go to the moms who picked names like 'Lawrence' or 'Trent' -- they can still work on the middle vowels but it's nowhere near as satisfying. Guess that's why 'William' turned into Billy or John into 'Johnny', etc. I'm just glad most of my nicknames end in a consonant. Hee!

*imagines Marlon Brando attempting to yell 'Scarlettttttttttttttttttttttt'*

No gala for me... my oldest niece is getting married that day. So no sitting at the computer either awaiting reports... it's a good thing she's my favorite... :cryingwlaughter:
Hugs to those who won't be going. We're going to miss you! (I'm going to especially miss the people who assured me they they were going, hmmph!)

Yay, Cotton!!!! Congratulations on making exec producer -- maybe you should have converted the craft room into a nursery instead of just re-painting.

I'm going to see you and couchie too?!!! Eeeeeeee!!!

Bookwhore, when you do see him I want be there. We need clack of the ravishing.

Gibby, I lurve the Good News pic beyond reason. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre, I'd forgotten about the "Dirty Minds" game -- we're both going to lose spectacularly, you know that! :cryingwlaughter:

How 'bout posting a couple of samples (like the one PerusingOne answered correctly), since we won't be at merrieeee's until mid-August? It's too good to keep.

She'll probably post herself before I finish writing this, but I just talked to liney23. For some reason, there was a lot of damage in North Orange County...maybe the quake traveled down a fault line or something. They were showing a lot of damage in the area where she works and lives, and a lot of college campuses and schools were closed for broken glass and structural damage.

Anyhoo, she's OK. She was out of the office when the quake hit, but when she got back a few hours later everything seemed OK. She was worried about her place, which is full of crystal pretties on open shelves. Only 3 things fell and they didn't break, so she was very relieved.

She's checking on her daughter who lives nearby to see how they fared.

Whew.

*giggles* I just realized that this can only happen in cyberspace -- what does 'ttttttttttttttttttttttt' sound like? :cryingwlaughter:

When the kids had grown a bit I realized that I missed an excellent opportunity in not picking names that ended with a vowel sound. There's a certain satisfaction at being able to stick your head out the door and yell up and down the street, "Iseemeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeiiiiiiieeeeeeeiiiiiiiiieeeeeee, come back in here and look what you've done!!!" that you can't get with a child whose name ends in a consonant (or worse, 2 or 3 consonants). You can still make do, but there's nothing like an ending vowel sound to let you really get into the spirit, even throw your entire upper body into the sing-song "iiiiieeeeiiiieeeee"'s, while shaking your head back and forth.

My sympathies go to the moms who picked names like 'Lawrence' or 'Trent' -- they can still work on the middle vowels but it's nowhere near as sweet. Guess that's why 'William' turned into Billy or John into 'Johnny', etc. I'm just glad most of my nicknames end in a consonant. Hee!

*imagines Marlon Brando attempting to yell 'Scarlettttttttttttttttttttttt'*

This reminds me of when we were kids and would stand outside on the sidewalk and yell for our friends...the name always ended in that "eeeeeeeeee" sound. My older sister's name is Joan and that worked well..."Hey Joanieeeeeeeee, can you come out and play!" Didn't work so well for my friend Beth, LOL!

Kim

Remember me talking this morning about possibly ordering a new desktop computer from Dell? Got home tonight...logged on to my desktop computer, surfed the boards for a while....went to watch a little TV...came back to the computer...totally frozen. Hit the reset button -- nothing. Hubby tried several times to restore the computer with the Windows XP disc, but nothing happened with it either. So....

...I have a new Dell media-savvy desktop computer coming next week! Yikes! And YAY! Fortunately, I've got the laptop to keep me alive on the boards!

Glad to hear liney is going to be OK, and I hope her daughter is OK too....

Glad the California peeps are OK! I experienced several earthquakes when we lived in CA and I hate them. Of course several days after we moved to OH in 1986, we had a 4.6 earthquake and learned that the western part of the state is second-most active seismic zone in eastern U.S. I guess Mother Nature wanted to make sure we felt at home.... <_<

Sorry about your old desktop, ldyj. But congrats on the new one! I'm still on the hunt for a laptop. I need to win the lottery!

Eeeee! CUTE Clay on Paula's Party! :) I miss him. :( More Clay content? Mmm'k....

Scrpkym_WestPoint06.jpg

And now I'm :offtobed: 'cause I've got a looong, slooow day tomorrow crammed with meetings.... :whee:

From ClayIzzaQT at CV

PaulaDeanpromo.jpg

hee

What a face!

Looks like she must have been cooking snails - or chitlins er summpin'!!!

Gah, I love that big dork. LOVE!!! :sm227:

On the banner - it's totally self-indulgent of me. All of my favorite looks for him - and the two outside end photos in particular. I don't think the 'hat' pic was terribly popular, but omfg - I can't look at it without an overpowering urge to, well... to do him. :hubbahubba: Oh yeah baby, you can leave your hat on.

cindi, I L.O.V.E that hat pic. You're right, it wasn't the most popular with some people, but I thought that was a great, mysterious picture....

He looks doable to me, for sure.

cindi, I L.O.V.E that hat pic. You're right, it wasn't the most popular with some people, but I thought that was a great, mysterious picture....

He looks doable to me, for sure.

Well then consider this an early (late?) birthday present.

sexyhat.gif

Perma thanks for letting us know about Liney and glad you're ok too.

wines? OK I'll drink anything that tastes good LOL.

I'm more of a mixed drink gal. The only "wine" I know the name of is Wilson Creek's Almond champagne..and was thrilled the day I found out they sold it at BevMo and I didn't have to buy directly from the winery in Temecula anymore.

:humor00239: Back to work but I now have great incentive LOL

oooh yum...love the too sexy for my hat picture.

Cotton, LOL... congratulations on your future bundle of joy!

Couchie, that almond champagne sounds really good. The computer pic on the other hand is really disturbing. Maybe it's time to take some time off. I think you've been working too hard.

I got shaked, rattled, and rolled... WOW! I've been in OC since '66, so have been through my share of quakes. None of them did any damage to me or mine. This one was looonnnggg and very rolling, but still no damage. My kids are now far-flung around SoCal now, but they used to love them, since we just rolled around in our beds usually.

Perma... thanks for checking on me and reporting for me. I had an errand I had to do before I could get to my puter. You misunderstood, tho. I was at work when it hit. It sure shook us up, but no damage at all, except to nerves. My daughter just reported in. She was driving to LAX to get my DGS and didn't feel it at all and the house is fine.

Now I can roll from seeing that new pic of our guy!!! CUTE!

Cotton... that tube top is hysterical. :lmaosmiley-1: :hysterical:

Cotton said:

I'm an Executive Producer!~!!

Should I be looking at baby clothes???

Okay, that's just damn funny! :lmaosmiley-1:

Iseeme... I agree... damn funny!

V. Cool montage to As Long As We're Here - Katee and Josh from SYTYCD.

(youtube)

As Long As We're Here

Cotton... I loved that montage! They made a GREAT couple. I didn't see the auditions. My DD said they rejected Katee but her friend asked them to take Katee in her place and look at her now!

Gah, I love that big dork. LOVE!!! :sm227:

On the banner - it's totally self-indulgent of me. All of my favorite looks for him - and the two outside end photos in particular. I don't think the 'hat' pic was terribly popular, but omfg - I can't look at it without an overpowering urge to, well... to do him. :hubbahubba: Oh yeah baby, you can leave your hat on.

cindilu... I love that big dork, too!!!

I love everyone of those picture in that beautimous banner. Can we bring that one back once a month... can we???? I was at the IT where he first wore the fedora and I always loved him in it! It was the checkered sweater I wasn't sure about... :cryingwlaughter:

KAndre... You do good travelog!!! We ought to take up a collection for you and Scarlett to go adventuring together and then writing about it. It'd be a best seller for sure! You could pay us back in no time a'tall.

Another one with Muldar and Skully.

As Long As We're Here

Oooooooooo!!1 I LOVED that one!!! I love M & S!!! And the story continues with TXF - I Want to Believe!!!

I also enjoyed the Katie and Josh one too. She is my favorite dancer on the show. I think she is poetry in motion.

Wine? I LOVE wine! Prefer red, but love wine in general. I'm more the opposite of KAndre - I tend to like dry wine. But I must say, KAndre may not be a big wine lover, but she sure ruled the Temecula winery last year!! I will never forget the day couchie, couchie's lurker friend (*waves*), Ansa and I sat laughing our asses off as KAndre held court and we drank! Of course, our little winery sojourn lasted a bit too long and KAndre was a teensy bit delayed picking up Scarlett at LAX. Their trip back down to Pala is still one of the best stories ever!! And they didn't even miss that much of the concert! The story must be in the archives somewhere. Its worth a read!

I'm still laughing over Scarlett changing her clothes in the little red Miata, top down I believe, as KAndre drove over grass to get to a gas station! (Or am I just remembering it wrong? Doesn't matter - it was something like that!)

Good times. Wow. Hard to believe its been almost a year. **sigh**

Glad all the Southern Californians are ok! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Awww CG...yup those were fond memories!!!

and I am a big M&S shipper too!!! I loved that montage...and Katee is my fave as well. She dances from within...just gorgeous!!!

Scarlett....the trick with names ending with consonants? prolong the vowel right before. My daughter has always been...SAAAAAAAAAAAM.

WAAAAH I don;t think we have Paula's party in Canada....thank god for the clack!!!

:013085001176249046:

Nothing else to say other than I had some of THEEEEE worst Chinese food evah tonite. Blechhhh.

That picture from Paula's Party is soooo cute. I'm dying to find out what it is he's supposedly helping her cook. Odds are it isn't Hot Pineapple Salad.

Scarlett....the trick with names ending with consonants? prolong the vowel right before. My daughter has always been...SAAAAAAAAAAAM.
Oh, ok. That's the trick!

Nothing else to say other than I had some of THEEEEE worst Chinese food evah tonite. Blechhhh.

That picture from Paula's Party is soooo cute. I'm dying to find out what it is he's supposedly helping her cook. Odds are it isn't Hot Pineapple Salad.

Rule of thumb for Asian restaurants: The better the ambiance the worse the food...and vice-versa

Paula's party dish? I'm guessing vegetables...

I got shaked, rattled, and rolled... WOW! I've been in OC since '66, so have been through my share of quakes. None of them did any damage to me or mine. This one was looonnnggg and very rolling, but still no damage. My kids are now far-flung around SoCal now, but they used to love them, since we just rolled around in our beds usually.

liney What part of OC to you live/work in? I work in Santa Ana and live in Garden Grove.

We had a good shake but no problems at work or at home.

I'm glad you're okay, liney!

cindilu, I love both the banner and the hat pic/animation. YUMM!!

Perma thanks for letting us know about Liney and glad you're ok too.

wines? OK I'll drink anything that tastes good LOL.

I'm more of a mixed drink gal. The only "wine" I know the name of is Wilson Creek's Almond champagne..and was thrilled the day I found out they sold it at BevMo and I didn't have to buy directly from the winery in Temecula anymore.

You're talking 'bout me, girlfriend. Wine is okay, but I LOVE mixed drinks. Screwdrivers, martinis, cocktails, frozen mixed drinks, mixed drinks with coffee - I love them all. Now I don't drink very often, so I don't have much tolerance. I have to drink slooooowly and with food or I'll end up under the table!