#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

AH, not always - the restaurant in Red Bank called Teak had great food and lots of pleasant ambience. Just sorry we didn't get others to buy into it. It was not that noisy and I could have arranged a great party for over 30 people.

From Clayperfect at the CB

today at the resturant.. I work at.. during our so called down time.. beteween 2-4 pm.. is really slow.. after 4 all heck breaks loose.. a tour bus pulled up I panticed... only one server on and Me.. as I wathced out the window only one Man appeared.. an African American man.. huge man...when he came in... and I saw him.. my heart stopped.. my goodness he looked just like Jermoe Bell.. he asked for a to go menu I gave it to him. then he said is your Catfish good.. I said the best there is.. he replied.. now I am from Georgia.. another red flags goes up.. he decided to stay an eat.. I seated him. and could not take my eyes off of him.. then I got my courage up and asked. .. where do you live.. he said I am from Atlanta Georgia. moved to Macon.. now living in Cleveland OH.. .. I said my god you remind me of someone I know.. he asked who.. I said Jerome Bell.. he smiled at me and said.. my cousin.. the Clay Aiken Protecter.. he was laughing by now.. I was wabbley.. imageI said you know Clay.. he slowly whipped out his wallet and produced a picture of Jerome, Clay, Quianna and Angela.. and said is this proof enough....it was a picture from last years Christmas tour.. same suit dress of the girls.. minus Jessie and Saun..he told me no he did not really know Clay but had met him at family gatherings..he runs a tour company with 118 buses. and has as of today put us on their list to stop every trip.. needless to say my bosss was introuduced to him.. and we locked the deal.. and my boss told me thank you for being a Clay Aiken Fan..

Anyone here on Yahoo e-mail, going to the Gala and didn't receive a reminder to reconfirm about the Volunteer Roundtable on the morning of the 18th? The note said that Yahoo users should either contact TBAF directly or provide an alternate e-mail address.

Couchie, that almond champagne sounds really good. The computer pic on the other hand is really disturbing. Maybe it's time to take some time off. I think you've been working too hard.

THANK YOU!!! TG I am not the only one who thinks that graphic is disturbing!! I can't really even stand to look at it! Altho, I have felt that way about my computer at various times!!

Love the banner, cindilu! Love the way is goes with the colors here. (Please get outta my brain, I had the same thought about a banner on Monday...) :D Love all those looks - especially the second, fourth and sixth one. Love the first one too, I always wondered where he was getting read y to go, or if he was taking off his hat, or putting it on! And he's wearing that RING! :hubbahubba:

I had my way with that photo too. :lmaosmiley-1:

new-library-vest.jpg

enlarge

new-library-vest2a.jpg

enlarge

new-library2.jpg

enlarge

Loved the youtube with Katee and Joshua to "As Long As We're Here" I wish they'd use some of that CD to choreograph to! Can someone who lives in the vicinity drop one off at the studio labeled "ATTN: Mia Michaels"? :)

Love the Paula's Party face!! Can't wait to see it!! Thanks for bringing that over Cotton!

~~~

I AM STILL WONDERING what Faye was referring to when she said there was something big in store for us this summer. Was it August? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????

~~~

LOVE THIS!!!

sexyhat.gif

awww sorry for the disturbing emoticon. FOr some reason it cracks me up. And I"m one of the most squeamish people in the world. I don't like gory movies and can't stand anything too violent. Hell even this weekend I had to turn the channel on Ratatouille becaue it gave me the willies. Rats are not cute.

I loved the Katee/Joshua montage to As Long As We're Here. It was so well done. Katee for the win!!! And I love Joshua too and they are my favorite pairing on the show.

'cuz I know some people here are going...and I'm not. *sniff*

from PoisonIvy at CV...

I just got a confirmation email from Aron Hall at the BAF about my ticket purchase. At the end, he said this -- heads up to Yahoo users!!

PS. Unfortunately, many Yahoo users will not get this email. If you post that you have received something from us on a message board, please also include that Foundation emails do not generally make it to Yahoo users and they should feel free to contact us directly for confirmation or to provide us an alternative email.

So if you are on Yahoo and haven't gotten this mail -- check your spam folders or contact the BAF!

KAndre you CMU!!!

Mmmmm sweeeeet wiiiine....... I have now put white zinfandel on my list of things to try.......Does anyone else like cider? I get a sweet one but you can also get dry. YUM but it does sneak up on you.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all the earthquake affected.

.. my cousin.. the Clay Aiken Protecter.

I love that.

Couchie, I had a wacky dream last night and you were in it. You were eating breakfast and poured warm pancake batter over the platter, insisting that I taste it because it was really good.... and it was. :wacko:

Good Morning Everyone,

80 Days until the BAF Gala!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

.. my cousin.. the Clay Aiken Protecter.

I love that.

Couchie, I had a wacky dream last night and you were in it. You were eating breakfast and poured warm pancake batter over the platter, insisting that I taste it because it was really good.... and it was. :wacko:

There was a brand of pancake batter mix called White King (Ansa, do you remember this?) that was so good that I'd do this on my own. I guess this is related to why my kids love cookie dough ice cream.

ETA:

{{{{gbmifan}}} I know how you feel.My youngest also left at 3 months (exactly 12 weeks) to become our baby angel. :thbighug-1:

I know this is a downer post, but it is my mode this am. Yesterday at work my day sucked. The three month old I was taken care of on the ventilator was taken off and allowed to die peacefully by request of his parents. We were trying for a couple of days for organ donation but it looked like it was going to be another few days before he would qualify and the Dad said he was ready to let go. It was so hard watching the parents go through this. I think sometimes it is even harder now since my grandson died in February.

On a happier note, keep those great photos coming. I never get tired of seeing pictures of him. I really do miss Clay.

from PoisonIvy at CV...

I just got a confirmation email from Aron Hall at the BAF about my ticket purchase. At the end, he said this -- heads up to Yahoo users!!

PS. Unfortunately, many Yahoo users will not get this email. If you post that you have received something from us on a message board, please also include that Foundation emails do not generally make it to Yahoo users and they should feel free to contact us directly for confirmation or to provide us an alternative email.

So if you are on Yahoo and haven't gotten this mail -- check your spam folders or contact the BAF!

Eeek! It's lightning and I have to run, but wanted to get this in before I forgot....yes, I qualify....but HOW do you contact BAF???? Emails not answered, no phone.....???

from PoisonIvy at CV...

Eeek! It's lightning and I have to run, but wanted to get this in before I forgot....yes, I qualify....but HOW do you contact BAF???? Emails not answered, no phone.....???

I just forwarded Aron's e-mail to you -- it has a phone.

Aww gbmifan........that's so sad. I don't imagine you can ever get immune to the feelings it must evoke to see a little child die. :cry4: You just have to believe the baby is in a better place!

Good morning everyone. Another smoke-filled day. I can't even remember what my forest looks like. The Yosemite fire has burned almost 30,000 acres and is only 15% contained. That's some of the most picturesque landscape in California and there are alot of little towns effected - all because some idjit target shooter wasn't careful.

Here's an oldie but goodie:

GMAfunnyface.jpg

Rule of thumb for Asian restaurants: The better the ambiance the worse the food...and vice-versa

Ain't that the truth!

I had to turn the channel on Ratatouille becaue it gave me the willies. Rats are not cute.

Excuse me? Rat lover here. Heh, had a succession of them as pets as a kid, because my dad was allergic to pretty much anything else. But I've never seen Ratatouille. :P

{{{gbmifan}}} That would be a very difficult job.

Woo hoo, I've sent off my seating request to Aron at BAF for the gala. Wheeeeee! Also booked our flights! YAY for Claymatron making the decision to join us! Claynadians will be representing!

I got shaked, rattled, and rolled... WOW! I've been in OC since '66, so have been through my share of quakes. None of them did any damage to me or mine. This one was looonnnggg and very rolling, but still no damage. My kids are now far-flung around SoCal now, but they used to love them, since we just rolled around in our beds usually.

liney What part of OC to you live/work in? I work in Santa Ana and live in Garden Grove.

We had a good shake but no problems at work or at home.

Jaycee... I live in FV and work next to the airport.

AH, not always - the restaurant in Red Bank called Teak had great food and lots of pleasant ambience. Just sorry we didn't get others to buy into it. It was not that noisy and I could have arranged a great party for over 30 people.

today at the resturant.. I work at.. during our so called down time.. beteween 2-4 pm.. is really slow.. after 4 all heck breaks loose.. a tour bus pulled up I panticed... only one server on and Me.. as I wathced out the window only one Man appeared.. an African American man.. huge man...when he came in... and I saw him.. my heart stopped.. my goodness he looked just like Jermoe Bell.. he asked for a to go menu I gave it to him. then he said is your Catfish good.. I said the best there is.. he replied.. now I am from Georgia.. another red flags goes up.. he decided to stay an eat.. I seated him. and could not take my eyes off of him.. then I got my courage up and asked. .. where do you live.. he said I am from Atlanta Georgia. moved to Macon.. now living in Cleveland OH.. .. I said my god you remind me of someone I know.. he asked who.. I said Jerome Bell.. he smiled at me and said.. my cousin.. the Clay Aiken Protecter.. he was laughing by now.. I was wabbley.. imageI said you know Clay.. he slowly whipped out his wallet and produced a picture of Jerome, Clay, Quianna and Angela.. and said is this proof enough....it was a picture from last years Christmas tour.. same suit dress of the girls.. minus Jessie and Saun..he told me no he did not really know Clay but had met him at family gatherings..he runs a tour company with 118 buses. and has as of today put us on their list to stop every trip.. needless to say my bosss was introuduced to him.. and we locked the deal.. and my boss told me thank you for being a Clay Aiken Fan..

Play... thanks so much for bringing this over!!! I LOVE the bolded parts above. Jerome takes him to family gatherings. That is just sooo cool! It's so obvious Jerome loves Clay and vise versa and this just touches my heart. Methinks cousin likes to brag on Jerome a bit to have their picture in his wallet.

gbm... I'm sorry you had to witness the death of a baby. It's tough. I have a friend who is a neo-natal nurse and she has said you just have to focus on those you save, which are a lot. It's just so sad.

Iseemee... I'm sorry about the fires, especially Yosemite. That is a gorgeous part of California. I hope they make that target shooter do community service in the area or something. There is a unit there from my son's fire station. He's holding for fort, but says his turn will come before the end of the fire season.

bwah...I love cake batter..we used to fight over the spoon when we were kids. But pancake batter? And no Clay anywhere? heee.

Happy Wednesday...

Lucky...Rata was the cutest rat ever..I'm sure you'll love the movie.

ETA: LOL..kim your future son in law's mother is probably getting the same lecture!!

Rat lover here too "waves to Luckiest1"...actually my kids are the rat lovers, we have had several as pets.

Off to have lunch with Emily's future MIL to discuss the Shower. We have talked on the phone several times, but this will be our first meeting. I am a little nervous but also looking forward to meeting her. Of course, it didn't help that Emily just called me to give me a list of do's and don't's to talk about with her...previous boyfriends are off limits and do not mention that Emily occasionally spends the night at Mike's house...like I would bring those subjects up anyway!

Kim

gbmifan - :affection: You're a stronger woman than I.

Woo hoo, I've sent off my seating request to Aron at BAF for the gala. Wheeeeee! Also booked our flights! YAY for Claymatron making the decision to join us! Claynadians will be representing!

Good for all of you! Does this mean you'll all be sitting together, dressed in red and white and waving little flags to make sure Clay doesn't miss you? :hysterical:

I'm so glad you travel with laptops, because I'll be sitting at home waiting for all the details! :D

Good for all of you! Does this mean you'll all be sitting together, dressed in red and white and waving little flags to make sure Clay doesn't miss you? :hysterical:

Hey, great idea! Yes, I can see us now! Maybe we should challenge him to sing "O Canada" again, since he's had a couple of years (and a coughc.o.n.n.e.c.t.i.o.ncough to Jaymes), to learn the tune, we know he had the lyrics down pat! :hysterical:

I'm so glad you travel with laptops, because I'll be sitting at home waiting for all the details! :D

Since you are my usual travel buddy, I'm feeling mixed emotions about going without you, but I know you're happy for me! :thbighug-1: I've travelled with luckiest1 and cindilu2 before as well, and thrilled that they asked me again this time, in spite of the fact that they've travelled with me before! (lol!) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the rest of you too.

Please allow me to :nana:

Okay, just got to say yuck to the rat love. Hate them and anything that even remotely resembles a rodent. Guinea pigs, hamsters, even squirrels which are just rats with bushy tails. To be fair to the squirrels though, I at least think they are cute out in nature, especially when they are enjoying their nuts.

Okay, just got to say yuck to the rat love. Hate them and anything that even remotely resembles a rodent. Guinea pigs, hamsters, even squirrels which are just rats with bushy tails. To be fair to the squirrels though, I at least think they are cute out in nature, especially when they are enjoying their nuts.

Yeah real cute. I lost my feeling of cute when one moved in with me. I was doing the laundry and apparently a baby squirrel fell out of the tree into my laundry basket. When I cam it and brought it upstairs to my bedroom, the squirrel leaped out. Well my dog was old and arthritic, so mostly she would just watch the squirrel and not say anything (Holly would have caught and killed it in an hour), I borrowed a have a heart trap and would hear it go off minutes after I set it, but no squirrel was in it, but the food was gone. The squirrel lived with me 6 weeks. It had dog water and peanut butter frothe traps, a pretty good life, if it was chased around a bit. I woke up some mornings with a furry tail by my nose, apparently it was getting fond of me. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sleeping with the dog. Finally looked closely at the trap and saw that the bars were loose and if you pressed them together, they would move, so I wrapped the outside of the trap with saran wrap and set it, caught the squirrel quickly and took it outside, where it hopped hapily away.

Then I found the poop areas - luckily it was just 5 areas - 4 I found right away, who neededthose winter clothes anyway, garbage worked fine as well as bleaching the drawer they were in. Cleaning on the side of the sideboard, under the dishwasher and in a paperbag with nothing in it. Of course 2 years later I found it in one, just one box in the attic. I think it was trained to one place in a room.

Ummmmm Clay - I think we will hear about Paula today, guess, guess, guess, it is just a guess.

I hope you're right Play. I need some good news today. I'm jealous as stink about all the gala-goers - for starters. Then took the car in and hoped I could wait while they installed the clutch. What the hell do I know about that kind of stuff!!! I don't have the guy gene. Anyhoo - silly me. Something called the flywheel has to go to the machine shop and they're backed up. Then it takes 3 hours to put it all back together again. Suffice to say I am driving a puke yellow PT Cruiser at the moment - and will be for the next 2 days at $40/day. A mere pittance to the $1000+ the new clutch is going to cost.

The squirrel story is cute.....but probably it wasn't at the time! I was on the deck watering flowers this morning and heard this kind of scuffle in the back. One of the neighborhood does apparently had triplets (they are the most promiscuous animals, I swear!) and they were all trying to nurse on her at the same time. She was standing on an embankment and they literally pushed her down. She kept trying to get away from them. She should have thought about the consequences before she did the dirty deed with that handsome buck......or bucks, as the case may be!

I just found the schedule for Paula's Party for every Saturday in August and Clay is not on any of the shows. The calendar doesn't extend into September yet. Darn it!

Varmit stories!!! Ducky will appreciate that. I'll spare the gory details and say that my DH and our two dogs caught their very first varmit - a young marmot - last weekend. Well, mice, don't count - we have lots of those here. Just moved to acreage on a prairie.

I love pancake dough - especially buckwheat! I like most doughs, except pie dough. Cake dough is a favorite.

An old favorite... First time I ever wanted to be a giraffe. :whistling-1:

BGT_Aiken2.jpg

ETA: No, the ONLY time I've ever wanted to be a giraffe. :cryingwlaughter:

I just forwarded Aron's e-mail to you -- it has a phone.

Got it, Scarlett! Thanks so much! Love BAF, but does it make you wonder sometimes? :shrug: What sense is there in putting a phone contact~on an email that you don't need the contact for, if you got it?? :shrug: Seems like a no-brainer to me!

Play... thanks so much for bringing this over!!! I LOVE the bolded parts above. Jerome takes him to family gatherings. That is just sooo cool! It's so obvious Jerome loves Clay and vise versa and this just touches my heart. Methinks cousin likes to brag on Jerome a bit to have their picture in his wallet.

SO agree!! Love the "Clay Aiken Protector"! We may have to buy him a Tshirt....:hysterical:

I've met Jerome's brother (very tall, but not quite so large) and he is an extremely nice man as well. In fact, now that I come to think of it, I've met his daughters (2 of them, anyway) also....a very nice family! I bet Clay loves being part of it, and I'm sure that Jerome is also part of his.

ACK! Forgot to add, luckiest1 we'll have to watch Ratatouille together....I have it but have never had time to watch it (I have a tough time sitting still long enough for movies).