#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Now - just a thought! Isn't it going to be knock-down-drag-out hysterically funny if it isn't true and all these magazines have gone on record numerous times with their "confirmed" story? I love the picture in OK but they could have worded the caption alot differently with more emphasis on what Clay was doing and why he was in Somalia! I guess that wouldn't sell mags though. Sheesh.

That would be the best thing that ever happened to the media -- and I would be so proud that it was our guy who showed them up!

I agree this would be great, to show them up for their unprofessional and lazy reporting, but not a good plan for a man whose business relies on ( or at least goes better with) the medias cooperation and attention.

Since being nice to the media doesn't help much, maybe showing them up can. :hysterical: It's not like he released this. He just kept silent which is his right.

ETA a couple more from that day (clickable):

th_c4df66f2.jpg

th_wideeyes.jpg

That second one has been on my desktop forever. Thanks!

Also, luckiest, I can drive a motorcycle. I won one in a raffle back in high school. Does that help? (Never wore a helmet while driving, though :cry4: )

Hey, FromClaygary, glad you enjoyed Kempenfest! I miss it......I miss having the lake so close. We are about 30 - 45 min drive now, which isn't too bad I guess. I am looking forward to going camping later this week.......there is a nice beach there within walking distance. The only downfall to camping, for me, is no internet access. But I like to rough it, which means no A/C site. Too tempting to bring along the comforts of home that way! I will make do with my iPod and some books for a few days. I find it quite relaxing, actually. Will probably be the time when all Clay will break loose, hee. I rely on cindilu2 to text me any breaking news. :cryingwlaughter:

Yes, I love having the lake so near! Where I grew up~in BC~we lived right on the shore of the lake, and when we moved to AB I really, really, really missed it! :hysterical: Every vacation I ever took away from there was to someplace with water.

Camping~have fun! I don't do camping unless it has running water, a shower, wireless and a manservant. :lmaosmiley-1:

FromClaygary, I'm glad you had a great time!!! Love your rainbow pic. I live close to a lake also and have only begun to appreciate it. One of these days I'm going to bring a hammock to the park next to it.

Did ya miss me? Did ya? Did Ya? No I didn't think so!!
I missed ya!

And I guess miss the man too!

Thanks for the memories, couchie! LOL! I remember organizing a Houston Pre-Concert Party '06 in June of that year!

I'm confident that he'll be back in a big way but I've been somewhat sadder this year. I guess those blogs and polls helped even if they didn't have much content. I remember complaining royally about the most boring OFC poll ever -- which vegetable does Clay hate the most -- and in in order to illustrate this, created my own poll of something we're interested in:

Which part of Clay is most ticklish?

(a) ears

(b) neck

(c) sides

(d) feet

(e) the trail

(f) umm

(g) kneecaps

The difference to me this year is personal (& ok a tad bratty) -- the last time I saw him in Dec 30 in Clearwater, he said "See you next holiday" and closed with his trademark 2 fingers. This year, the last time I saw him he didn't say anything and he closed with an afterthought of a wave -- he'd already turned to leave, stopped, turned to wave once and was gone.

My ideal goodbye? Does anyone have a copy of the photoshop that they made of this with Clay? :cryingwlaughter:

Eh, I'm still iffy on the notion of a "drought" whether in '05, '06 or now. If the man actually was totally incognito for a couple of years, I'd be wondering - but honestly to me this seems well within the norm of any artist. I guess I "miss" him but I don't miss him - because frankly the end of Spamalot was only May - you know, like three whole months ago? If he had gone into teaching - wouldn't he have the summers off? I dunno...this just isn't a biggie for me - and a lot of it is because I have a really nice CD I like (and honestly, promo or lack therefore don't exactly bother me either - everyone I know who like him got theirs, and a whole bunch of people I don't know got theirs too. Could he have sold more? Maybe - but that really doesn't affect my enjoyment one way or another.)

Now - just a thought! Isn't it going to be knock-down-drag-out hysterically funny if it isn't true and all these magazines have gone on record numerous times with their "confirmed" story? I love the picture in OK but they could have worded the caption alot differently with more emphasis on what Clay was doing and why he was in Somalia! I guess that wouldn't sell mags though. Sheesh.

That would be the best thing that ever happened to the media -- and I would be so proud that it was our guy who showed them up!

I agree this would be great, to show them up for their unprofessional and lazy reporting, but not a good plan for a man whose business relies on ( or at least goes better with) the medias cooperation and attention.

Since being nice to the media doesn't help much, maybe showing them up can. :hysterical: It's not like he released this. He just kept silent which is his right.

I'm with you, Scarlett. Certainly, Clay Aiken being nice to the media hasn't prevented them from shitting on him any time they want to. IMO, Clay's been more forgiving with the vulgar media than any human should have to be. Since I'm not nearly that saintly, I'd enjoy any 'karma' visited on the bastards.

And for me, his 'vacation' is well-deserved and totally his prerogative.

And the length of it is, too.

heh.

Now - just a thought! Isn't it going to be knock-down-drag-out hysterically funny if it isn't true and all these magazines have gone on record numerous times with their "confirmed" story?

I suspect that the only people who will find it funny will be us, his fans. IIINT I do not expect any retractions in any of those magazines nor any late nite "comics" saying Whoops...we made a mistake. That's not how it works.

I'm not saying that he should kiss the medias you know whats (just doesn't sound like our guy anyway), just that IINT then it should be handled carefully, so as not to rub their faces in it tooo much especially People, the insider etc who have given him some good coverage along with the slightly not so good. I am sure that TC would have some plan for this. IINT

I think its OK for us to enjoy the Karma but I think that publicly it's best for there to be no mention or, since I can't see interviewers leaving this alone, some kind of light-hearted "where do y'all get your information? Still haven't got that fact checker eh?" Or some such thing. Its still saying the same thing but allowing them to save face a bit. Even if some don't deserve it.

I had a situation at work recently where I did my audit , found some ongoing errors, and took it to the mgr. I pointed out the errors and she looked me in the eye and said she had never been told this was wrong. I stated that I myself had told her and that she needed to get her staff on board with this or they might fail their official review. A few days later she sent me an email saying the same thing and that she had spoken to the reviewer who agreed with her that she was doing the right thing. I replied (and CCd my boss in) that she should refer to my written audit from FEB and that she might be mistaken as to it's meaning.

Reading between the lines, I told her she was a backstabbing, blame shifting bitch who was trying to steamroller me into accepting blame for her errors . The official reviewer also backed me up in an email.Good to get it in writing.

My point is that I have to work with this woman and, while I wont be walked all over, I can't declare war either.

We can enjoy the na na nana nas between ourselves but I don't think that Clay (even with his titaniums) can really do this in public. Except in a light hearted way, not too much in a showing up way.

Whew! long winded post, hope this clarifies my meaning, and that we basically agree what goes around comes around and its a good thing too.

Good Morning Everyone,

Late to the conversation as usual; but yes I expected him to take the whole summer off; I always have a problem when people start talking "drought" because I never considered Clay's time away from the limelight as a "drought"...just a necessary part of any celebrity's career...there are times when you are promoting something and times when you are not. Just has never been that big of a deal to me and I will be honest and say, I have a hard time relating to those who seem to have a problem everytime he is not in the public eye for any length of time. Missing a celebrity and getting anxious or depressed about it just seems a little too intense to me.

75 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hi Kim

I understand your point and agree with you, many artists do take time out. In fact, Olivia Newton-John told the Australian Idols of 2004 how important it was to take time out, recharge batteries; also that you needed to not be 'over-exposed', so that fans don't get sick of you.

However, it is extremely unusual for an artist to release a new album and NOT be part of a promotional campaign. Usually, it is a pre-requisite and where possible, included a tour as part of the promo. And this was the general expectation/rule long before this new era of diminishing physical sales across the board due to technology. LIVE gigs is now the way many artists will make their serious income from their music career because album sales will never see the likes of what it was 5 - 10 years ago, and beyond that.

I don't know what Clay's reasons were for not doing more promo for OMWH. Initially, I thought (assumed, really) that he would go home and rest, recharge his batteries, touch base with family and then do a tour. Then the baby news hit us and it's all a mystery. I am just going with the flow now since all my expectations were all wrong! Ah our BF is a mystery man for sure!!

Well, actually, the baby news, ITT makes everything make sense to me...get the CD out, do what promotion you can...prepare for a UNICEF trip and take the trip in order to be home for the final two months of the pregnancy...just seemed logical to me. Perhaps it doesn't make sense with regards to the CD, but maybe there are other things planned for the rest of year and there wasn't any other time available for the CD.

Kim

Clay has stated that he will tour on OMWH and I believe him. He didn't tour on ATDW right after it was released, he waited until the next summer (i.e. about 10 months later). So I don't find it all that unusual that he might do the same thing for OMWH. As to why he "rushed" it's release, before his scheduled vacation/time off, I firmly believe it was for US. This album, in one form or another, has been in the works since '05. I think it is essentially a gift to "us", the fans who have stuck around through thick and thin. I think that is why the fans are the only thank you mentioned on the album. Sure, now it's easy to say "oh I wish he would have waited until after his break to release it" but it's always easy to say stuff like that in hindsight. If he had taken this break immediately after Spamalot, with no album to keep us going, no tour to look forward to eventually, can you imagine the weeping and wailing that would have went on?

I don't question Clay's decisions, I just trust them. They may not always make perfect sense to me, but I don't live his life and I don't know what may or may not be going on in the background. He does. I hope he's having a great summer. I know I am! Doesn't mean I don't miss him. Just makes me look forward to whatever comes next all the more.

On another topic, IINT, I hope Clay pulls out all the stops and gives it to them (the tabloids & asshat journalists) good. They've never allowed him to save face, why should he allow them to?

Hee, Scarlett, you've solved the mystery of my dream! It must have been you in the helmet! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And now, I think I need some coffee chai tea.

I miss Clay but never expected him to be around this summer. When listening to some interviews it came across that he would be taking some time off. Sure I wish he was seen a little more when the CD came out, but I believe some of the problem was the summer hiatus of many shows. I hope they release a second single and we get him promoting it. I was one who did not think there would be a Fall tour. When he mentioned that no plans were made yet, I just thought there would not be enough time to pull one together. We have not heard of a Christmas tour, and I do hope that we get one. I do remember that in 2004 it was fall before we heard of the tour that year. So I can still hope for awhile yet.

Of to Mom's this am. She has been under the weather for a couple of weeks, and I told her today we are leaving her house, so get up and get dressed to go out shopping and lunch.

Saturday and yesterday were beautiful here, we rode our bikes 42 miles on Saturday and 65 miles on Sunday. My 5 day bike trip is at the end of the month. I think I in good enough shape. We plan of doing a 80 mile day just prior to this so I think all is good. The weather in Michigan has been cooler this summer. I am afraid the week of my trip that the 90 degree days will start and that will be terrible. I just do not do well in heat. The air temp, the blacktop temp, and a few hot flashes really make it miserable.

He must have had an agreement with the record company. Usually, because of the enormous expense behind producing an album, the record company expects a level of commitment with the promotional campaign. Clay did tell us that his publicity people bent over backwards to get him on certain TV shows but as Clay said, they just couldn't get him on all the ones they wanted, including American Idol. (I think I remember that correctly?)

Ahhh, I'll just say thank you to luckiest1 for saving me a whole lot of typing early in the morning. Preach it, sistah

It just makes me want to sing... (tmPrince Herbert) Oh the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round... :imgtongue:

luckiest said:

Clay has stated that he will tour on OMWH and I believe him. He didn't tour on ATDW right after it was released, he waited until the next summer (i.e. about 10 months later). So I don't find it all that unusual that he might do the same thing for OMWH. As to why he "rushed" it's release, before his scheduled vacation/time off, I firmly believe it was for US. This album, in one form or another, has been in the works since '05. I think it is essentially a gift to "us", the fans who have stuck around through thick and thin. I think that is why the fans are the only thank you mentioned on the album. Sure, now it's easy to say "oh I wish he would have waited until after his break to release it" but it's always easy to say stuff like that in hindsight. If he had taken this break immediately after Spamalot, with no album to keep us going, no tour to look forward to eventually, can you imagine the weeping and wailing that would have went on?

I don't question Clay's decisions, I just trust them. They may not always make perfect sense to me, but I don't live his life and I don't know what may or may not be going on in the background. He does. I hope he's having a great summer. I know I am! Doesn't mean I don't miss him. Just makes me look forward to whatever comes next all the more.

On another topic, IINT, I hope Clay pulls out all the stops and gives it to them (the tabloids & asshat journalists) good. They've never allowed him to save face, why should he allow them to?

luckiest, we don't always agree on stuff...but dang, this comes mighty close! ;) The bolded part is interesting--makes sense. He must've known about the job with UNICEF and the time--the preparation, the actual travel and the post-trip obligations---that such a trip entailed. That plus some down time is a summer, for sure. (With or without IIT considerations. :rolleyes: ). He does know the fans, so I'm sure he figured that without some new music to 'tide us over', rioting would ensue.

And I'm definitely with you on the underlined part. "Nobody knows de trouble I seen" has merit, if not good grammar. I'm sure some of my decisions, actions, etc., make people scratch their heads in :huh:, but if I don't tell them all the things in my head, my life, my world that contributed to them, I can only hope that the people who care about me give me the benefit of the doubt.

Whew! That's more than I've written in a month! :lol:

Well, actually, the baby news, ITT makes everything make sense to me...get the CD out, do what promotion you can...prepare for a UNICEF trip and take the trip in order to be home for the final two months of the pregnancy...just seemed logical to me. Perhaps it doesn't make sense with regards to the CD, but maybe there are other things planned for the rest of year and there wasn't any other time available for the CD.

Exactly, luckiest1 and Kim, especially the underlined part. Luckiest, I love your premise about the CD timing and dedication, and I'd like to think that is so true. He knows "us" well and has proven it time and again.

Scarlett, you would have loved Kempenfest! Beach, sunshine, arts and crafts, music and food...how much better can it get??

I'm off for the second round shortly. :lol:

Forgot to add, so I'll do it as another post....for those who are CV members, their BAF group has started a fundraiser which will end just prior to the Gala in October.

They have a very special first prize....and for those who were interested in my jewelry, one of the bracelets is included in the prizes. Details are here. (You'll need to scroll down on the page to get to the raffle post).

Enjoy yourself, FromClaygary! I am off to Walmart - not quite as exciting, but at least it's open....since it's a civic holiday here in Canada. Gotta get ready for camping! And get some blank DVDs......my external hard drives are starting to groan under the weight of all this new old clack. ;)

It's monday already? I'm tired because after not finding anything to watch all evening I stumbled across Dirty Rotten Scoundrels around 11PM

You aren't bratty Scarlett. hee.

KAndre, I agree with you. Clay has become the Truman Show (and if he isn't starring in it then the fandom makes up their own version to keep themselves occupied) I do believe and we kinda expect to know what he's up to and how he's feeling and what's next. 2003 and 2004 set the tone and for those two years we kinda knew what he was up to all the time and so it's expected. My other favorite artists can go away for long periods of time YEARS and I don't really think anything of it.

I think some of it is monday morning quarterbacking. If he'd only done this this and this we would have won the game. It's concern. I get that. People selling better than him have been dropped from their labels especially in this depressed environment. And it's the unknowns of not only IIT but what's next. In the previous droughts (ok I'm with KAndre, this is not a drought LOL ). we knew there was an album coming out. After a bit we knew of a tour. This is probably the first time we're wondering if there will even be a JNT. Normally by now somebody has managed to fenegle some kind of info from somebody whose cousin works at the concession stand at the venue. And I recall that in 2006 he worked at it to keep the fandom's spirits up with his blog. And this time he hasn't responded or even acknowledged anything so far. So I can see how this would produce a vast array of feelings all over the spectrum. I can't relate to a lot of them but doesn't mean I can't wrap my head around why people are having those feelings.

I'm in the would love to know his next project category with ducky. But time will tell soon enough what he's not doing eg JNT because tickets need to be sold. IIT will be revealed one way or the other. And I just giggled cuz I can imagine the tabloids saying Father to be Clay Aiken for the next 2 years LOL and clay going along his merry way saying no comment. LOL. Anyway, I've already geered myself up to hear nothing from Clay until the gala and if I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised. I never expected a tour until 2009. And the funny part is I'm already preparing so I'll be ready to go to whatever it is that is coming along next. And there will be a next.

Aikim - I agree that IIT much will be explained

Happy Monday.

and word to Muski! especially this:

And I'm definitely with you on the underlined part. "Nobody knows de trouble I seen" has merit, if not good grammar. I'm sure some of my decisions, actions, etc., make people scratch their heads in :huh: , but if I don't tell them all the things in my head, my life, my world that contributed to them, I can only hope that the people who care about me give me the benefit of the doubt.

I don't question Clay's decisions, I just trust them. They may not always make perfect sense to me, but I don't live his life and I don't know what may or may not be going on in the background. He does. I hope he's having a great summer.

Amen to this!

I'll tell you the truth - and I may have to turn in my fan card - I'm GLAD there's no tour this summer. I'm too old for this shit! I don't want to step outside! It's HOT! Florida nearly killed last summer. Knoxville, too.

But I do wish we had a pop tour to look forward to. I enjoy him singing Christmas music - but I really, really, really want to hear OMWH songs LIVE!

But I do not want to go to an outdoor venue and try to breathe in 95º temp and 95% humidity. I just can't take it!

Still - :Iluvclaysbutt:

SHUCKS I missed some birthdays!

Happy belated to annabear and everyone who had a birthday in the last few days. Hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Thank you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Had a nice weekend. Shopped, cooked, spent time with family & friends, house hunted, listened to OMWH. :)

Now it's Monday and back to work... <_<

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I know that 'we've' usually dug up some kind of information about venues at this point in the past, but I don't really think it's ever 'too late' for a JNT-type concert. Sure, it is for people to fly across the country for it, but I believe that most people don't plan their Christmas activities in August.

I believe there will be a Christmas concert of some sort - even if it were a one-time-only event. Something big and showy, maybe in Raleigh, maybe in LA? (heheh, maybe in Vancouver :imgtongue: ) maybe for tv? who knows? But Clay has said too many times how much he loves the tradition of Christmas tours, so until it's beaten out of me (say, about Dec 26th) I'll continue to believe. Just like I believe he's not 'done' with OMWH. One thing I've learned as a Clay Aiken fan - instant gratification just ain't his thang!

Oh absolutely, luckiest!

Scarlett, you would have loved Kempenfest! Beach, sunshine, arts and crafts, music and food...how much better can it get??

I'm off for the second round shortly. :lol:

FromClaygary, Yes, it sounds like I would have had the grandest time! Between your festivals, the lake, health care and data privacy laws -- I'm this close to moving there! Or how about if we arrange for a way to spend spring & summer there and fall and winter here?

Have fun!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You aren't bratty Scarlett. hee.
Hee! *bends halo back into shape then puts it on at a jaunty angle*

instant gratification just ain't his thang!

You said that on purpose, knowing where minds might wander.... :naughtywag: