#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I'm all for a big TV variety Christmas special myself. Maybe if he offered to show the baby during the show he'd get a spot on one of the networks. :hysterical:

When I first heard that Michael Orland was taking a group of ex-Idol contestants (Constantine, Kimberly Caldwell, David Hernandez, and Diane DeGarmo) out for some Christmas tour dates, I thought that might've started with some of Clay's cast-offs or that the venues might know there'd be no Christmas Clay this year. Clay was at this venue for the last two years: State Theatre - Easton, PA. The ex-Idols are also appearing at the Genesee in Englewood, NJ, and at the Waukegan venue. I can't find a comprehensive list of tour dates on line anywhere, but there's a pretty long list of bookings if you google the name of the show. Interestingly, the blurb warns that the actual performers are subject to change. You couldn't pay me to go hear Constantine and Kimberly Caldwell sing Christmas songs.

I hope and pray that Clay keeps right on doing whatever he's doing and lets us wait even though I (completely selfishly) check the boards every day for any little crumb of news.

I love him. I want him to have a life.

instant gratification just ain't his thang!

You said that on purpose, knowing where minds might wander.... :naughtywag:

Which is why, classy broad that I am shutup, I didn't smut on it... :whistling-1:

Not by way of written word anyway... :imgtongue:

:lilredani:

I don't think Michael Orland and the Idols booking Christmas shows neccessarily precludes Clay from it, does it? I suppose not in the same venues, but I really am not ready to concede that having them in town would trump Clay - not after 4 years of Christmas shows that have proven successful.

I know that 'we've' usually dug up some kind of information about venues at this point in the past, but I don't really think it's ever 'too late' for a JNT-type concert. Sure, it is for people to fly across the country for it, but I believe that most people don't plan their Christmas activities in August.

I don't believe it's too late for JNT yet... I'll give that 6 weeks or so.

And most venues have multiple Christmas shows so I doubt any Idol fest, and sorry, especially that round up, would affect Clay in any way.

:lilredani:

I don't think Michael Orland and the Idols booking Christmas shows neccessarily precludes Clay from it, does it? I suppose not in the same venues, but I really am not ready to concede that having them in town would trump Clay - not after 4 years of Christmas shows that have proven successful.

You misread me completely. I didn't suggest that this precludes Clay. I certainly, absolutely, totally do not think they would trump Clay. I just figured they might've gathered a few crumbs, and that venues would not have booked them if Clay were a possibility. Pure speculation. No diss intended, and to be honest, I'm a bit taken aback that you'd read my post that way.

While reorganizing our CDs at home yesterday I happened upon an old (1976) cd of Barbra Streisand's and on it is a song called

"Don't Believe What You Read"

They say her pretty face is enough to launch a ship

Mix that with charm and style

How you gonna miss

With all the admiration the world is at her feet

She's living for attention when she's spotted on the street

Don't believe it

Don't believe what you read

Don't believe it

About the life that I lead

Dinner and a movie

I'll just show my face in town

Rumors fly so fast that I don't try to live'em down

Gets old answering questions why and trying to explain

Why I prefer to stay at home with friends and entertainDon't believe it

Don't believe it

To the outside world it's paradise

They'd love to be in my shoes

They don't seem to realize that it's not like in the news

Don't believe it

Don't believe it

I just read in the papers that I bought some birds today

Flying all around my house

Just havin' their own sweet way

It makes me feel so foolish 'cause they called my house a cage

But there's nothing I can do

Just puts me in a rageDon't believe it

Don't believe it

Don't believe it

Don't believe it

About the life that we lead

32 years ago, folks. And longer than that, of course--ever since celebrity became a four-letter word. I'll wait to hear it--whatever 'it' is--from Clay's hawt, perfect pink lips.

RedBankLips-1.jpg

On May 31 of last year we had a fairly long list of venues for the Christmas tour: CH calendar post. Unless that is a post that doesn't have an edit counter associated with it, in which case on May 31 last year, we knew about some venues for the Christmas tour, enough venues for a calendar post to be started. Walkiki started a post for tracking ticket sales for the 2006 tour on July 31: CH ticket sales tracking thread.

Maybe no dates just means he hasn't booked with orchestras this year?

I think a lot of the "inside" news was due to orchestra memberships getting their promo brochures and their printing dates being somewhat early. Plus - if you're booked with an orchestra - that's a lots of mouths to yap yap yap! :cryingwlaughter:

Whatever - whenever he decides to pop up - I'll be there waiting to see what he's offering!!!

I just read what I typed!

:hysterical:

I hope and pray that Clay keeps right on doing whatever he's doing and lets us wait even though I (completely selfishly) check the boards every day for any little crumb of news.

That pretty much says it all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, muski- I have that Streisand album- Superman - but I haven't thought of that song in years. Now that you've brought it up, I remembered this story about that song, so had to go pull it out: It was in regards to the gossip blurb below:

A Pigeon is Born Barbra Streisand has this almost cuckoo thing about birds, so it was no surprise that when she and Jon Peters moved into their Malibu nest, her flock followed. What is surprising is that her aviary is indoors, and her feathered friends are allowed to fly about freely, dropping little messages all over the place. Now the word is that Barbra has become almost Howard Hughesesque about germs (the human variety), and sequesters visitors in one corner of the living room, allowing the birds full flight of the house.

Barbra's response:

"Seems like so many magazines have no respect or regard for the truth. They print items like this without ever checking facts. There is no caring if the parties get hurt or their reputations ridiculed. One night I invited Neil Sedaka and his wife to come over and play some music and she told me later that she was afraid to come because she had read that I had birds on the loose. Another friend's barber in Great Neck, Long Island (imagine that!) also asked if this was really true. I find it such a waste of time to have to constantly refute these idiotic statements. Now, the truth is....I have a cage with two parakeets in it. Just like a typical Brooklyn girl would have. Two parakeets in a cleaned-up cage. I can't even comment on the germ fetish remark, which makes me into a double cuckoo!! Anyway, this article motivated me to ask writers Ron Nagle and Scott Mathews to let me collaborate with them on a song that would accomodate my feelings about this kind of "pull-the-wool-over-the-eyes-of-the-public" journalism. The song is called "Don't Believe What You Read."

I've decided that I will no longer take anything I read about Clay as truth until I hear it from him. And if I never hear it from him- then I guess I was never meant to.

Back to cleaning.

I've had this sitting in reply status for an hour - guess it won't post itself, huh? :wacko:

17.gif

jmh beat me to the thread title suggestion!

I think a lot of the "inside" news was due to orchestra memberships getting their promo brochures and their printing dates being somewhat early. Plus - if you're booked with an orchestra - that's a lots of mouths to yap yap yap! :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, I've been thinking along these lines, too. Does anyone remember how early we found out about the "spot" dates in 2006? I know those were orchestras, but it wasn't really considered a tour. In any case, I'm with cindilu2 in believing that there will be something for Christmas. Clay has said time and again how much he loves it, and I think it feeds his soul.

I've been sorting and organizing about a billion DVDs/CDs that have been accumulating in piles on my computer desk, since the day here has turned rainy. gbmifan, this spells good news for you! I should have those DVDs in the mail tomorrow. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yeah, I've been thinking along these lines, too. Does anyone remember how early we found out about the "spot" dates in 2006? I know those were orchestras, but it wasn't really considered a tour.

We knew enough "spot" dates in 2006 for Walkiki to start a ticket tracking post at CH on the last day of July, so we had a lot of info before then. I agree that it's different with orchestras, although I don't think it was people talking out of turn that brought the news. IIRC, it was mostly posts on venue websites that got things rolling. I do agree that if there were a Christmas tour, without orchestras, it is possible that we haven't heard anything about it yet.

I do think that there will be pressure for him to do something different if he goes that route. Otherwise that travelling audience of his will be smaller in size yet again, with lots of grumping (as usual) about how it's the same old same old. I loved the JNT05 myself, and I wouldn't mind a new "playlet." But I'd also love to see a Christmas special, maybe one that was much more ambitious than the last one. Either a two-hour variety show with skits and dancing and lots of performers, or another JNT05-like musical presentation.

Just fyi, Minnesota Orchestra is a definite no. No, I didn't call them (*yikes!*), they called me because they were wondering if I had moved to Texas recently...

Hey Scarlett,

Is this what you wanted? Sorry but I do not know who made it, but it was during or immediately after the Indep Tour.

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...=si&img=867

QUOTE Scarlett [p44]: http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...=542&st=860

My ideal goodbye? Does anyone have a copy of the photoshop that they made of this with Clay?

Scarlett, you would have loved Kempenfest! Beach, sunshine, arts and crafts, music and food...how much better can it get??

I'm off for the second round shortly. :lol:

FromClaygary, Yes, it sounds like I would have had the grandest time! Between your festivals, the lake, health care and data privacy laws -- I'm this close to moving there! Or how about if we arrange for a way to spend spring & summer there and fall and winter here?

Now THAT would be awesome! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'm sure those little old green card laws don't mean MEEEEEEEEE.... :whistling-1:

It was a warm one today! Evan the ducks were doing a little bobbing to keep cool....

Kemp08Bottomsup2poster.jpg

Hey Scarlett,

Is this what you wanted? Sorry but I do not know who made it, but it was during or immediately after the Indep Tour.

Wheeee! :yess: Thanks bunches, TimetravelerPax!!! :thankyou:

Scarlett, you would have loved Kempenfest! Beach, sunshine, arts and crafts, music and food...how much better can it get??

I'm off for the second round shortly. :lol:

FromClaygary, Yes, it sounds like I would have had the grandest time! Between your festivals, the lake, health care and data privacy laws -- I'm this close to moving there! Or how about if we arrange for a way to spend spring & summer there and fall and winter here?

Now THAT would be awesome! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'm sure those little old green card laws don't mean MEEEEEEEEE.... :whistling-1:

It was a warm one today! Evan the ducks were doing a little bobbing to keep cool....

Oh I looove ducks!!!

Green card laws? We'll fix that by declaring the Independent Republic of Texas -- we'll even issue our own passports!

Speaking of passports.... yikes, where's mine? ... I'm supposed to leave for Hong Kong soon...

For those of you comfie with the drought - when he said he was "taking some time off" ( when did he say "the summer off" - I don't remember that exactly) did you honestly think his vacation would go this long with a new CD out and all?

Uh yes. I did. He spoke about taking a break after the CD promo and UNICEF trip. He also talked about not ever having spent a summer in his new house in Raleigh. TO ME, that said he was probably going to take the whole summer off. He did the planned promo. He took the UNICEF trip and now he's taking a break. Exactly like he said.

You might not agree with what he chose to do but it seems to have been his plan all along.

That was my understanding of the situation too. I do think it was his plan all along, and it sure seems to coincide well with Jaymes’ situation. Unfortunately for those not holding up so well, the definition of “summer” in the south can be quite different than it is farther north – it’s stays quite warm, even hot through October most of the time. So who knows when his vacation will be over?

Whether some are “stretching” his words or not, it certainly appears they were correct in their stretch.

Well - it's certainly nothing to argue about

Your right, it isn't.

Clay's taking his break, just like he said he would. You can be irked eta .... about the lack of promo for the CD. You can miss him. That's your right. But you asked if we thought it would go on this long and we are being honest with you. That doesn't mean we don't miss seeing him.

Yup. Even I have commented on missing him. Although I totally understand the reconnecting with the rest of life idea that ldyjocelyn has commented on – I kind of feel that way too. I’m doing other stuff.

Did I forget to trademark The Truman Show = Clay’s Life concept? Damnit. <g>

You misread me completely. I didn't suggest that this precludes Clay. I certainly, absolutely, totally do not think they would trump Clay. I just figured they might've gathered a few crumbs, and that venues would not have booked them if Clay were a possibility. Pure speculation. No diss intended, and to be honest, I'm a bit taken aback that you'd read my post that way.

I followed you, and it makes sense, in a way. In the sense that if they could have Clay they wouldn’t book the others, figuring there might be a limit to how many Christmas shows a given venue might have.

I also think that NOT touring for a while might have the effect of growing his audience some - how many people just need a break from concerts (me) requiring travel, who are cash poor from Spamalot and the preceding Xmas and summer tours, and maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I haven't watched in years but I like Nigel on SYTYCD... even if he does come off as lecherous now and then LOL.

Anyway, Scarlett...did you ride the cyclone in Santa Cruz. Someone got hurt on that ride today...not seriously but I thought of you and your love of roller coasters.

Just finished watching Canadian Idol, which I thought was exceptionally good tonight. The mentor tonight was Tom Jones, who I absolutely can't and never have been able to, stand...but he seemed to bring something out in them tonight! Great show!

I haven't voted for several weeks, as I've thought the shows have been pretty boring the last few; but tonight I threw in a few votes for each of Drew Wright and Theo Tams.

Absolutely have NO idea what the judges are seeing in Mookie Morris and Earl (someone or other)....ick! Poo! Blech!!....and IMO Mark Day should have never been in the Top 10...but there he is, hangin' in there! Shows what I know! :lmaosmiley-1:

I like Nigel on SYTYCD too...looking forward to seeing it this week as well.

Commenting on, disagreeing with, discussing etc. Clay choices, decisions, actions, etc, does not mean denying him his right to make those choices, actions, etc. He chose a public life, which means he shouldn't have the same expectation (notice I said "expectations" not "right" because he has the right....) of privacy we do with our choices, decisions, actions, etc. His life if much more under a microscope than ours. When he chose this public life, he had to know this would be one of the down sides.

IMO, I do not think for one moment this album was rushed for us. He didn't personally finance it so it is highly unlikely the label would have approved such a generous, but economically risky, gesture. "We" could have waited until fall when he could have recharged his batteries, done the UNICEF trip, had time to plan a better promotion, release the single to radio more in advance of the CD release and, IIT, been around for the baby's birth and some time there after. Really it would have made more economic sense and promotional sense and I cannot imagine one of his fans being pissed off because we had to wait a few more months for the CD to be released!

I have NO CLUE what the reasons for the rushed release date were (but I sure would like to know!), but I bet you anything it had nothing to do with it being for "us", or the baby - IIT.

And just to clarify something I said yesterday. I believe Clay is certainly entitled to take whatever time off he wants. I just don't buy that he needed it after Spamalot and recording the CD and the pseudo-album promotion. Certainly someone as young and fit as Clay could take a few weeks or so and be ready to go again! But if he wants to take the next year off, that is his right and his choice. (Not saying that is what he is planning to do, just using that as an example...)

It would be a really stupid one, IMO, if he still wants to have a career, but it would be his choice!

Again, not denying his right to make his choices anyway he wants, just discussing my opinion of those choices.

I'm sitting here laughing. Honestly. Let's just stretch summer into October to make a point......because it's still hot then! We'll have a 5 month summer!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: But I don't personally think Clay's absence is going to grow his fanbase! It's the old "out of sight out of mind" unless you're totally a fan! I expect the Maybe Baby will generate alot of interest IIT but that doesn't necessarily equate to ticket sales or CD sales......probably just a spike in tabloid sales unfortunately!

Love the idea of a Christmas variety show!

(Scarlett, my sb....find that passport!!!! And wasn't Texas already a sovereign state/country/republic at one time during their history?)

I wonder if Nigel Lithgoe is getting out while the getting is good!!! He is kind of a lech sometimes but I like his comments on SYTYCD. It seems like he's always trying to be somewhat supportive!!!

Oh - and I still miss Clay. But I do have a very full and complete life without one Mr. Aiken. It's just so much more fun and interesting when he's in it......vicariously, of course!

eta: CG - I was composing whilst you were posting! I agree about the "need" for time off being kind of curious! It's hard not being home for months at a time but I don't think that's so unusual for an entertainer. We were talking about Lyle Lovett some days back and I read somewhere that he tours almost non-stop all year round. Guess he doesn't see his ranch much! I sure would like to know some day what all the pieces were to this puzzle.

Just fyi, Minnesota Orchestra is a definite no. No, I didn't call them (*yikes!*), they called me because they were wondering if I had moved to Texas recently...

Why the heck would they think you moved to Tex???

Maybe Clay is busy working behind the scenes . . .

doing the voiceover for an animated movie?

Planning that Christmas special?

writing a new Christmas Vignette? (I LOVED THE CHRISTMAS PLAY!!!) - (Who mentioned that? I can't remember . . .)

building a recording studio in that big house . . .?

recording an album of lullabies . . .?

What?

*g*