#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I like the Beatles and have several albums on my iPod. Not much a Stones or Elvis fan, except for Clay's JBT Elvis. I'm an '80s music girl - Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, U2... :headbangerf:

Sending {{{safe vibes}}} to all in the possible path of Hurricane Dolly.

cha cha, thank you for that Broadway.com webisode picture. *muah* Much appreciated.

I loved my one and only visit to the south TX coast, and the Padre Islands. It's beautiful down there. I hope Dolly looses power quickly.

(I can't help it. Every time I hear 'Dolly' I think of Parton and Here You Come Again...I'm hopeless)

I don't think I commented on whether or not I was a Beatles or Stones fan, and I know you'll all be dying to know the answer...

I was a HUGE Beatles fan. Specifically George Harrison before he got involved with the Indian culture. I saw them twice at Maple Leaf Gardens and the second time I was about 20 ft away from Paul McCartney. My DH, on the other hand, grew up in England and was firmly, and still is, a Stones fan. In my youth you were either a fan of one or the other.

Now Elvis, liked his voice, bought some of his albums, but compared to how I felt about the Beatles...not even in the same ballpark.

And the Beatles, compared to how I feel about Clay...not even in the same ballpark. In fact, not even in the same hemisphere.

There...aren't you glad you got to know this? :nana:

I was a big Beatles fan. I was soooooo in love with Paul. I have never seen him love, just could not justify the cost, but I have rented a few DVD's with his concerts on them. For some reason I have not purchased his last two CD's. I have not really like the songs. But I still listen to all of his early work, especially when I have a long distance to travel.

Got home last evening form Portand and for some reason with the time change I could not sleep at all. So I am dragging today. Today we are getting a new roof, the pounding is trying me nuts, and that does not take much.

I really like the last picture from Unicef, he does glow when he is with children.

I was a HUGE Elvis fan (I still have the scrapbook I made!). I was also a fan of the Beatles and the Stones, but not with the same teenage fervor I reserved for Elvis. If I had to choose between Clay and Elvis, though, Clay would win, hands down--for his sense of humor if not for his voice (and his beauty). I couldn't afford to see Elvis when I was young and chose not to see him when I was older (as was he) because i didn't want the dissipated man to ruin my memories of the young one.

I have faith that Clay won't end up as Elvis.

I like them all depending on the song. Didn't follow the Beattles at all when I was young..know most of their stuff by their use in movies or commercials or remakes LOL. If it's really really popular...I know it. If it's not, I don't. Elvis..yeah I know him from TV growing up..his specials and his movies which I loved. Know the big hits... never heard Suspicious Minds until Clay sang it on GMA. Rolling Stones I know because they are Rolling Stones. They have the best song..Satisfaction LOL. I also know just their huge hits cuz they are everywhere.

The only person I can truly say I was a fan of is Luther Vandross but it's not in the same universe as Clay. I saw him in concert 5 times. I saw IT 6 times. You get my drift. I never knew when his album was coming out..I'd just see it in the store and buy it. Didn't know he wasn't selling triple platinum every time out..in fact, not even platinum most times. Still loved him like crazy.

I think it's interesting that we're discussing everything from Greenday to Elvis and all points in between and yet we all converge together for Clay.

So what was the first concert you ever saw? Mine was Johnny Mathis and I think I was about 11 at the time. He was appearing in the outdoor theatre in the old California State Fairgrounds - not Cal EXPO. This goes wayyyyyy back! They had horse racing and then would have concerts in the evenings. I remember we had to stand and I couldn't see a thing! Probably the strangest concert I ever saw was Hank Williams Jr. - and it was strange because it was in a warehouse in Niles. This was literally a railroad station town...... People were lobbing beer bottles at the stage and I was wondering (1) what was I doing there; (2) how was I going to get out of there; and (3) the jerk that brought me was spending his last minutes with me EVER.

p.s. LOVED Clay's version of Suspicious Minds!

My first concert ever was Sony and Cher when I was 15. It was at a local teen club and i was in the front row. Then a short time later I saw Simon and Garfunckle at the YMCA at a teen dance. I think I was about 16 then.

My senior year in HS I saw many obscure bands in many a farm setting with my then boyfriend. Did not really like the heavy rock but it was somethng to do. Did not get into the Woodstock like atmosphere or the drug use that was around us. I look back now and can not believe I even went.

golderngirl - it says the video is unavailable!

I'm sorry, it said Live just before I posted it. I guess it's not yet Live. Sorry about that, shouldn't be too long (I hope).

Hmmm someone already commented. I went to it and it worked and now it doesn't.

Have no clue (perhaps youtube is having issues?)

Sorry guys.

I was at Sterling Heights and took my friend who had never seen Clay live. When he walked past her when he came out into the audiance I thought I was going to have to pick her off the floor. She kept repeating, he is so beautiful. Then the fog really set in.

First concert? Bay City Rollers...in 1977...at the Illinois State Fair. Yep -- teeny bopper, and I screamed my lungs out. Ironic thing is that I saw Clay in the same situation, 27 years later. But at that show, they let us on the track, and we could have had a good old mosh pit that day. Still cussing myself that I didn't bring a sign that said "Dare you to stage dive, Clay!"

Lotus, I loved the old FORT post. That was cute, and still mostly true to this day!

So what was the first concert you ever saw?

Oh gosh, I used to go to all the R & R shows that played in our local auditorium. In those days several big names would appear together. I remember seeing Chuck Berry with other acts at least 5 or 6 times and I had a big crush on Phil Everly (of The Everly Brothers fame, for you young ones) when I was 14, but my friend told me that I couldn't marry him because my name would then be Beverly Everly, so I gave him up for Ricky Nelson (whom I never saw in person). I think my first concert for a solo act, was The Beach Boys.

My favourite and maybe earliest concert (not rock & roll related) was seeing, and meeting, Duke Ellington with his band. My parents were big jazz fans, and it was a special evening for all of us.

Sorry for the long answer, I'm getting nostalgic in my old age.

Waves to goldarngirl and remembers the Sterling Heights caravan well. What a special night that was!!!

Hmmmm, works for me, goldarngirl! We need to get our butts in gear and get the full set uploaded tonight.

I think we did 'first concerts' a while ago, because I remember Kandre's not so happy reaction to my first concert memory. LOL. KC and the Sunshine Band. Followed closely by the Bay City Rollers. *waves to ldyj*

I can't compare my Clay fandom to either the Beatles or Elvis, because I came into those so late in the game. The Beatles were long since broken up, and Elvis was dead. That is what makes this one so special for me, because I started following Clay from the get go, and I've been following him ever since. I've watched him mature and change and it's such a fun ride! I can't wait to find out what's next.

Hmmmm, works for me, goldarngirl! We need to get our butts in gear and get the full set uploaded tonight.

I think we did 'first concerts' a while ago, because I remember Kandre's not so happy reaction to my first concert memory. LOL. KC and the Sunshine Band. Followed closely by the Bay City Rollers. *waves to ldyj*

I can't compare my Clay fandom to either the Beatles or Elvis, because I came into those so late in the game. The Beatles were long since broken up, and Elvis was dead. That is what makes this one so special for me, because I started following Clay from the get go, and I've been following him ever since. I've watched him mature and change and it's such a fun ride! I can't wait to find out what's next.

Still not working for me, says Video No Longer available :(

Can you maybe repost the link just in case????

RE: the set. Just give me space and I will get the rest up. I have a screen cap for the feature too. Whenever you are ready.

My first concert? Well, my dad was a DJ here in N. Cal. when I was a kid and we saw a ton of shows. Mostly my folks "idols" back in the day but I am forever grateful for the exposure! It was a fantastic experience into a gnere I may not have chosen myself and grew to LOVE. My very first was Judy Garland at the old Circle Star Theater. I was very little but I do remember parts of it. I also remember she had Liza with her and they sang one or two songs together. After that it was Burt Bacharach and then Frank Sinatra. Ahhh, I miss the Circle Star.... memories. But I never got to see The Beatles. They broke up long before I was old enough to go with friends :(

Later on I think my first "rock" concert was a Day on the Green at the Oakland Coliseum, so there were a ton of bands there but I think the headliners were Lynyrd Skynyrd. And though I wasn't much of a fan of theirs I recall the drugs and alcohol were a big hit and thus that is ALL I can recall from that day! heh :whistling-1:

Because I can pretend to be a kindly type person, and I feel you all deserve the inside scoop on the eHP's totally non-legally provable possible felonies antics this past weekend. No names have been changed as I don't hang out with the innocent (yes, that include you, Scarlett!) and the guilty can hold their own.

Thursday, July 24:

First shock of the weekend - I got my ass to the airport at 6 pm for a 7:15 pm flight! I did a little happy dance in Terminal E (because Terminal C is a pain in the ass and I see no reason to wait in the security line with peons delightful people who are apparently unaware that yes, the TSA means YOU! So I strolled casually through security, wandered through the overpriced duty free shops and eventually turned up at my gate. It was weird - did y'all know that they apparently board in some sort of order? Wow! The thought then crossed my mind to call Scarlett, as she now lives within 15 minutes of the airport, leaves her place maybe 16 minutes before the flight takes off. Lo and behold, she answers her cell on the second ring - and here comes the second shock of the weekend - her butt was enjoying a comfy seat in the President's Club! It's a red letter day for the eHP! So we got on the plane in plenty of time - and of course the plane was on the concourse for an extra 20 minutes. But we're still feeling good, and eventually off we go into the wild blue yonder. Napping occurred. I feel us pull up to a gate, and totally on automatic, I pull my carryons down and start heading out the door - and then I hear the pilot say, "Well, we're in Oakland". Oakland? Oakland, California? I coulda swore I paid Continental to carry my butt to San Francisco. I notice Scarlett groggily stirring in her seat and sez to her, "Did you know we were in Oakland? I thought we said we were going to San Francisco?" She sez, "We are supposed to be going to San Francisco." I sez, "Huh. Well, maybe you better call the rest of the eHP." She turns on her phone and lo and behold, PerusingOne has texted her, asking what the hell are we doing in Oakland? The pilot then mentions that we had sort of run out of gas but as soon as we filled her up, on the way to San Francisco we would be. It sounded reasonable to me, so back I go to my seat. I did notice large numbers of my fellow passengers abandoning the plane. I check back with Scarlett and we discuss the fact that Couchie lives somewhere in Oakland and since she wants a different designation that "she who causes wet spots", we could probably get her to come and get us. Especially since it was only about 10:45p. However, since Scarlett is slightly crazy in that charming way of hers, she actually checked a freakin' bag. So on the plane we stayed. The pilot lied to us several more times about when we were leaving, but we eventually took off. And almost immediately landed. I admit, I thought that was sorta odd. We wait a couple of years for Scarlett's bag to appear in the baggage carousel and then wander outside to catch the hotel van. Upon arrival at the hotel, I get my room key (the advantage of having a simple and easy to spell name as well as the ability to remember our room number for more than 15 minutes) and off we go to see PerusingOne and the first thing out of her mouth was "Why the hell did you stop in Oakland?" I did mention that fact that the pilot did not see fit to consult us before hand (which would have been really cool) and apparently there was invisible fog at SFO and we were out of gas. After another hour or so, Solo shows up and the first thing out of her mouth was "Why the hell did you stop in Oakland?" Apparently Oakland Airport is like, next door to San Francisco Airport and we could have coasted or glided or something. Oooookay.

We reconfirm that we still don't have anything resembling actual plans besides picking up a car and lunching at the Culinary Institute and off to sleep we went. Only to wake up at 4:15 in the frickin' morning.

Beatles - Love - pretty much everything. Paul - loved him in concert when I saw him about 5-6 years ago. I do remember thinking how ridiculous over $100 for nosebleed seats was... bwah! And he's a legend. Who knew a few years later I wouldn't bat an eye at that for some young CUTE guy?!

Stones - not my thing but I do appreciate some of their stuff.

Elvis - Mom was a HUGE fan so I'm familiar with almost all his stuff - got to watch his movies with Mom - and I actually didn't mind them. Something like that now would be pretty cheesey but back in the day, they were ok. I like a lot of his stuff - some favorites - Suspicious Minds, In The Ghetto and the JBT stuff.

First concert - Charlie Pride (I was Mom's driver!)

First concert that I picked: Fleetwood Mac

Never followed anyone like Clay though - I've seen enough concerts now that embarrassingly I can't remember how many times without sitting down and counting for each tour... spoiled, I know!

For those of you who are CV members with a vault key. The full set of Sterling Heights avi and wmv are available now, with a bonus Syracuse LAA. Plus....

CV Vault New Clack

In honor of the One Year Anniversary of Sterling Heights

/vault/Concerts/Full_Concerts/DVD/SRHP_Sterling_Heights

Part 1 of Sterling Heights

This is a file that will burn as is directly to a DVD so that you have a fully functional DVD once burned.

Please note: This is a zip file in 8 parts that when downloaded will unzip to the folder that you need to burn. It is important that before you do this you download and read the text instructions that can be found in the

vault with the .rar files. The montages will also be available as avi and wmv files. This DVD file will be available for download for 3 weeks and then we will take it down. Part 2 of the Sterling Heights DVD will also be

available as soon as it is uploaded. Labels for the DVD are also uploaded and can be found in the vault. The .rar files are in the Sterling Heights Part 1 Video TS folder.

Thank you to goldarngirl and luckiest1 for this!

Click Here Vault and Enter Your Key

Instructions for burning for Nero, Power Producer and Sonic and be downloaded Here in the Vault

Note: it is recommended that You use a Download Manager.

Reminder: Right Click and Save as and download one file format only. Do not stream from the vault.

If anyone is interested there is a zipped file that you can download, extract, burn to dvd and have a fully set up DVD. For those of you in the know, the question was posed as to whether this would work on a MAC or not (the folder will be a VIDEO_TS folder) once it is extracted. Does anyone know?

Friday, July 25:

The eHP might wake up at 4:15 in the frickin' morning but actually getting up is an entirely different ball of wax. We thought about calling Couchie (see the "e" in "eHP") but that seemed like too much work. I called Hertz around 7 am to remind them of my reservation and that I was a Very Important Customer - that damn "five star gold" thingie is supposed to count for LOTS - and that I wanted them to pick me up. They said to call back about 9 as my reservation was for 10. Sounded good. Solo and Scarlett wandered off downstairs and got distracted by the buffet. But didn't bring any bacon back for me 'n PerusingOne. They have issues. Solo pretended like it mattered that we didn't mention that we wanted bacon. Ha. It's bacon. We always want bacon. I call Hertz again as it is now 9 (the eHP has a real talent for messing around and wasting time). The Hertz guy is hesistant. I don't like hesitant. He makes a suggestion that I have the hotel drop me off as they are right around the corner and all his drivers are out. I growl faintly, but Solo says, eh, it's about a mile - it'll be easy for the hotel to take you. I tell the eHP to be ready to go when I come back, as I am a unrelenting and delusional optimist. Downstairs I go, and ask the front desk to take me to Hertz. They say cheerfully that I can take the airport van. I sez, it's not the airport Hertz - it's only 1.3 miles from the hotel. They say yes it is! See, it says 177 South Airport blvd! Hurry, hurry - go away so we might give others bad advice as well! I climb aboard the van and say, "Dude, I need to go to the Hertz but it's not the airport one!" He says, "Of course it's the airport one! Hertz doesn't have stand alone thingies (he didn't say thingies but lord knows I can't remember what he did say. Don't worry, it was something stupid.) Hertz only has the Hertz selling place right around the corner!" We stop by every hotel in South San Francisco. My very favority people in the whole wide world were a delightful pair of couples who apparently packed everything they ever owned to take on vacation with them. And forgot to check for their tickets. And had to unpack everything to find them. And it turns out to be in the man's fanny pack. That he was wearing. As we drive along to the airport and I see the exit for "South Airport", I call the idiot at Hertz and let him explain to the van driver, since they both spoke Idiotic that, yes, Hertz has stand alone thingies and no, it wasn't at the airport. Back to the hotel I go. The van driver immediately runs off and hides. I go back to the front desk, explain their driver is an idiot and can someone please take me to the frickin' Hertz thingie that's NOT at the airport? Since it's now 10:30? (but of course the Hertz people know I'm still coming since I called them. Right? Right!). The front desk slooooooowly goes to the computer and sloooooooooowly pulls up MapQuest. Look! It's only 1.3 miles away - just like I told you at the beginning of this frickin' boondoggle! Front desk lady sez, "Oooo! I can take you there!" Sigh. Into the hotel car we hop. And 1.3 miles away is a Hertz thing. Mostly selling cars. From what feels like a 3' x 3' booth. Out I hop of the hotel car, becaue I - yes, I - have a reservation! And they knew I was coming! I give my name to the guy wedged in behind the counter. He changes color. He looks at the clock. Which says "10:40". He looks back at me. He says in a very low voice, "Your car's not here yet." I look at the clock. Which says "10:41". I wave my printed reservation sheet at the man. He says they sent the OWNER to go get me a Mazda 6, since that's what I signed up for. I say in a perfectly charming voice, "All I want is a car that will seat 5 and gets good goddamn gas mileage. I don't care if it's a Mazda 6!" The counter man goes and hides. I call the eHP. Solo answers. I explain the situation. She sez, "Didn't you have a reservation? You know we don't care if we get a Mazda 6, right?" I say Yes and Yes and for them to just be ready when I get back as our reservation at the Culinary Institute is at 11:30 as the buffet is over at 1 and we believe in getting our money's worth. The clock now says "11:05" and I am growling at everyone who enters the Hertz shack. Owner dude drives into the parking lot with a shiny black Mazda 6. I snatch the keys out of his hand, climb in, plug in Rowdy (I love Rowdy), call the eHP to let them know I'll be there in 3 minutes and leave without running over the owner (which I badly wanted to do). I pull up to the hotel and out comes PerusingOne. Alone. Because Scarlett left her jacket in the hotel room. And it was freezing. And she forgot what hotel room we were staying in. And had apparently tried some other rooms because her card key stopped working. So Solo had to 1) show her which was our room and 2) let her in. They eventually show up. And want to put things in the trunk. And for some reason, thought I should be able to open the trunk. Silly people. Eventually Solo figures out how to open the trunk and off we go to lunch. At 11:23. 12 miles to go in 7 minutes. We park on Rhodes street across the street from Careme 350 at 11:29. If Solo had been driving, we wouldn't have taken so long. But I am a slow and cautious driver. Ask keepingfaith. Wait, don't ask kf. Ask Solo.

Oh yeah, Hertz "gave" me a free GPS system for my troubles - as if we don't have our own. That says pervy things to us.

For those of you who are CV members with a vault key. The full set of Sterling Heights avi and wmv are available now, with a bonus Syracuse LAA. Plus....

CV Vault New Clack

In honor of the One Year Anniversary of Sterling Heights

<snip>

If anyone is interested there is a zipped file that you can download, extract, burn to dvd and have a fully set up DVD. For those of you in the know, the question was posed as to whether this would work on a MAC or not (the folder will be a VIDEO_TS folder) once it is extracted. Does anyone know?

Can't wait to get home and download this, goldarngirl & luckiest! Thank you!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I feel you all deserve the inside scoop on the eHP's totally non-legally provable possible felonies antics this past weekend. No names have been changed as I don't hang out with the innocent (yes, that include you, Scarlett!) and the guilty can hold their own.

Yes, I think my motto for the weekend was, "As long as we're here and it's only a misdemeanor in Texas"...

BTW, one important think about the flight was that there was a Clay Aiken picture in the inflight magazine and OMWH was on the playlist -- if they had actually played music on the flight -- but they didn't and didn't show the inflight movie either.

(And the breakfast buffet was the following day. The 4:15 internal "alarm" was only for you and PerusingOne. I didn't get up until 9am that first morning... and so hadn't had anything to eat and was whining impatiently waiting eagerly (lol!) to get to the Culinary Institute. The jacket was a 2nd one, in case we ended up going over the water that evening -- which we did.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW my post about "no storms over here" at noon today will be the last time I will simply look out the window, see a patch of blue and write "nope, no storms here. i'm a-ok". The blue part was rather large so I believed it; unfortunately, the storms were right behind the building and no sooner had I hit submit than everything came pouring down!!!