#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Speaking of rain...

2. Bite your TONGUE!!!!

It's 100ยบ in these parts again today!!!

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't care if he does wear a tank shirt, I'll be DEAD if this heat carries on!!!

I need some COOL relief!

And on that note - I gotta go get ready to drive to work! In this HEAT!

Demmit!

:cryingwlaughter:

Nooooo!!! Then we just stay in the house. :chores003::chores009: I might have to put on a tank top and that ain't a pretty sight.

I guess I'd put a question mark about that sighting, just like when someone sees Clay with a pretty woman and it is rejected. This fandom needs photographic evidence for any and all sightings. :photo: *g*

Have a great day. I need to get out and work on a deck before it gets too warm.

Cotton and Fear, how about if we pray for a scorching hot morning until midday, and then an unexpected mid-afternoon rainstorm? Will that work for you temperature-wise? That way the cute guy may still put on a tank top to go out and with some luck he might get caught in the sudden downpour.

ETA: (nonClay)

For Ansa & anyone else who speaks Filipino... cute love song about a guy and a girl who take shelter under the same awning during a sudden downpour

Speaking of rain...

<snip>

Cotton and Fear, how about if we pray for a scorching hot morning until midday, and then an unexpected mid-afternoon rainstorm? Will that work for you temperature-wise? That way the cute guy may still put on a tank top to go out and with some luck he might get caught in the sudden downpour.

Well Scarlett, I like the rain part but could we have the heat at night. Clay probably sleeps late anyway. ;)

I don't mind the photoshopped pictures of Clay. Some are kind of creepy, others are just plain hysterical!

But as for worrying about them traveling over the internet? I haven't seen any that would be harmful to him. I mean, pictures supposedly of Clay with a six pack rather than a Buddha belly wouldn't hurt him!

But maybe more importantly, I will never let the actions of some haters and asshats control what I do or say. That gives them too much power.

Completely off topic... I LOVE SYTYCD!! Love it. It is everything AI should be and isn't. These mad talented kids dance because they love it. They work damn hard because they love it. And with no promises of being a star. Even the winner only gets some money. No guarantees of a contract or a job. I even like that they say its the search for America's favorite dancer. Not the best dancer, but your favorite dancer. I think like more artistic endeavors, what sometimes makes you feel the most may not be technically the most perfect, but still it makes you feel.

Twitch is my favorite. He makes me feel happy and I am awed at what he can do. He may not be the best dancer, but he sure is my favorite!

I will miss this show when its over. Wonder how much tickets to the tour are??????

ETA: Damn! They aren't even coming to Philly! Bummer....

I vote for Raleigh getting (keeping) the heat and the Coast getting a cool down!

I'll let Fear fend for herself! :cryingwlaughter:

On another note entirely, I watched the GMA segment with Stephen Curtis Chapman's family. Unbelievable. They are an amazing family. Very open and honest. His wife (don't remember her name) talked about not caring who's life is changed or how much they inspire anyone, she just wants her daughter back. Not many people would be willing to say that out loud even though they might feel that way. Then she can have a good day and appreciate those people and how they feel. Very honest.

I loved that they had the interview at their home - a way to maintain some kind of control - not having to go into a studio, walk through a crowd. Very smart, I think. A way to protect themselves.

I didn't really know of SCC until Clay, but I was very impressed by this family and their - heart.

:nightienight:

Hello strangers!!!

Life is moving way too fast these days. My DH leaves on Friday for foreign (hostile) lands. He won't be back until some time in November, so lots to do before he goes. They're giving him tomorrow off to get ready. Princes, aren't they?

I worked from home today to help him get ready. My reports were slow to upload, so I caught up a bit and edited a couple of pictures.

I sure wish he was back in California sining to me about now.

346759682_J3yX2-XL.jpg

Gotta go. See y'all in a few days.

I love both AIW and Emmanuel but the Atlanta Emmanuel wasn't the one I'd pick for a battle. From 2006, I'd pick one of the Beacon ones...

Like maybe

Can't get over the hands.

Muski... heh... I must be an odd sort but I kind of got a kick out of those Photoshops...

Permaswooned... guh

Like maybe
Can't get over the hands.

Hey Char! How's Web 2.0 going? Yes, that's it! Thanks for uploading it to YouTube!!! BTW, I now convert original HDs directly to iPhone (mp4) format -- when I can make one for this, can I send you the file so that we can see if YouTube displays mp4's better than XviD conversions?

Mondays child is fair of face,

Tuesdays child is full of grace,

Wednesdays child is full of woe,

Thursdays child has far to go,

Fridays child is loving and giving,

Saturdays child works hard for his living,

And the child that is born on the Sabbath day

Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.

I was wondering... since we've already noticed that many of us here were born in July, what day of the week most of us were born on.

I'm not a big fan of Emanuel the song...and I actually preferred ...bwah..dang what's his name's version. I'm getting old. Starts with a J...Jacob hee. And really that's about the only thing of Jacob's that I actually liked a lot.

I think AIW Merrillville is one of those had to be there moments for me. I hope people can finally listen to that song without holding their breath. I prefer his other versions of the song. the triumphant moment I loved though.

I know all about getting lost in the clack. He's one fine entertainer. I kinda miss the thrill of buying tickets.

I usually agree with you, girlfriend, but not on this. IMHO Clay sings Emmanuel soooo much better than Jacob. I LOVE Clay's Emmanuel!

But I'll forgive you this momentary lapse in judgment, hon, since you're my girlfriend.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I agree with those who prefer Long Island AIW over Merrillville AIW. Long Island really was a triumph of the spirit! I really like Las Vegas AIW, too, since I was there. It was so good being there and hearing it live.

FromClaygary, I just remembered something folks might like -- stitch markers, maybe in TBAF colors. :)

Fear, Cotton, aww won't you take one for the team? It's for an excellent cause!

HBD, YSRN!!!

:7254:

I agree with those who prefer Long Island AIW over Merrillville AIW. Long Island really was a triumph of the spirit! I really like Las Vegas AIW, too, since I was there. It was so good being there and hearing it live.

OMG yes. It was the first time I heard it live and it was wonderful. Hell I loved that entire show.

I just don't like the song Emanuel. It goes side by side with Mandy as one of the very few songs Clay couldn't make me like. He has the magic power to make me love any and everything he does.

But you made me think about Vegas and how much I loved being there. So now I want to do a list of all my absolute favorite Clay appearances be it tour or talk show or special event that I've attended. Then I realized that thanks to clack some of my favorite things I was only there thanks to video.

I think I'll go to bed now..and work on my list. That skating show will be there for sure and the funny thing was I had no intention or really going ... I was just playing on Ticketbastard... then I pulled up a fabulous seat so what choice did I have but to buy the ticket.

Happy Birthday YSRN. Have a beautiful day!

Just this morning I was thinking that I needed something like that, and what do you know, there it is. Thanks! It is tiresome to look up calendars just to find a day of the week!

Emmanuel vs. All Is Well - Emmanuel hands down for me. I love the song and the way Clay delivers it so effortly most of the time. I think he did it best in the 2005 tour, and agree with Chardonnay that Saturday night at the Beacon was breathtaking. I was there that night - impulse road trip that was a highlight of the tour for me. He makes some sounds in that song that take my breath away. I don't dislike All Is Well, and loved the triumph (or was that relief) in Clay's expression at the end in Merriville, but I don't love it. Too much struggle for me, even when he does it especially well. So, I voted for Emmanuel, but it's losing badly.

Good Morning Everyone,

72 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Apparently, I was born on a Sunday. :)

Thanks for the reminder about the SCC GMA story. It is up on their website if anyone needs a good cry this morning. It really shook me back in May when it happened, so I am happy to see that the family is holding strong for each other, and especially for Will Franklin.

Jumping in with the Vegas love. That was an amazing trip, and I loved every minute of it. I'd love for Clay to do another figure skating show in the future.

Dull & overcast here this morning. Somehow it's not inspiring me to start packing the car up for camping. Gotta get my butt in gear!

Happy Birthday YSRN

:nanarow::confetti2: :hb2: :cake::confetti-1: :EmoticonRingAround:

I vote for Raleigh getting (keeping) the heat and the Coast getting a cool down!

I'll let Fear fend for herself! :cryingwlaughter:

<snip>

Thanks a lot Cotton :naughtywag: Hoping for rain as we are in an extreme drought again this year. Maybe Clay will head out this way. High Point has some amazing furniture shopping.

6 2008, 07:34 PM']

<snip>
I usually agree with you, girlfriend, but not on this. IMHO Clay sings Emmanuel soooo much better than Jacob. I LOVE Clay's Emmanuel!

But I'll forgive you this momentary lapse in judgment, hon, since you're my girlfriend.

I'll never forget that show where Clay took over for Jacob. I was working on a craft project for our area WFI and listening to a cellcert. All of a sudden I heard this beautiful angelic voice singing about an angel and I knew it was Clay taking over for Jacob. I had trouble breathing for a while. What a moment!

<snip>
But you made me think about Vegas and how much I loved being there. So now I want to do a list of all my absolute favorite Clay appearances be it tour or talk show or special event that I've attended. Then I realized that thanks to clack some of my favorite things I was only there thanks to video.

I think I'll go to bed now..and work on my list. That skating show will be there for sure and the funny thing was I had no intention or really going ... I was just playing on Ticketbastard... then I pulled up a fabulous seat so what choice did I have but to buy the ticket.
Happy Birthday YSRN. Have a beautiful day!

I loved the Las Vegas skating show, but one of my favorite shows was the West Point JNT. Although he wasn't feeling well, his voice and humour were spot on. In addition the place was packed with NJU. Another favorite was the Raleigh JNT05, probably because my friends saw for the first time what I see every time I go to a Clay concert.

:bday: YSRN!

I hope you have a fabulous day!

I too love the Long Island AIW, and would probably pick ANY version of AIW over Emmanuel. Anyway, the LI AIW really showed me guts, and I love that. But at the same time, and I can understand the "you had to be there" feeling -- the Merrillville AIW showed me a lot of toughness in Clay. Someone said earlier about that one being more about the fans, and I'm not sure I agree with that -- because ultimately Clay is the one who pulled it off.

As much as I love the LI AIW, I love the version of DSIAFCD (shot with Scarlett's camera) all the more. When he drops the microphone and sings that last line...OMG. Talk about purity of voice. Amazing.

I'm out for the day with a meeting 2 hours from me. If anything happens -- someone call me!

I'll never forget that show where Clay took over for Jacob. I was working on a craft project for our area WFI and listening to a cellcert. All of a sudden I heard this beautiful angelic voice singing about an angel and I knew it was Clay taking over for Jacob. I had trouble breathing for a while. What a moment!

That was some night! When they started the 2nd set with only Clay, Angela and Quiana, people around me were wondering 'where's Jacob?' but my mind immediately jumped to Emmanuel and wondered if Clay was going to sing it and started going, please, please let him sing it! It was another one of those "must-be-there-to-fully-appreciate" moments where an emergency came up and he just stepped up to the plate and hit a homerun. I'm still sorry that the Clack couldn't capture the magic we all felt but at that time Clack was so far from my mind, all I wanted was listen and then cheer jubilantly for what he'd done -- in my recap I said, "and for once, just let the frigging Clack skip around."

Oh yes, ldj, that was just a killer, so heartbreakingly sweet... (LI DSIAFCD). It practically ties my all-time favorite DSIAFCD which was in San Jose JNT04 when he sang it all just spectacularly! It was a somewhat similar situation to Merrillville AIW though not as many people noticed...and this was not just a homerun, it was way, way out of the park!!!

BWAHA! Someone at CH posted this pic (NOT A PHOTOSHOP! :cryingwlaughter: ) to remind us not to get too excited over the idea of Clay wearing a tank top...

Remember this? Clay's idea of daring tank top wearing?

bbjerseyoverlongshirt.jpg

Muski, I believe that's called a jersey, babe. I've always thought of a muscle shirt as a t-without sleeves, and a tank in the basic design of a wife-beater, with a scooped out neck. Clay in a wife-beater? Okay, maybe he's rehearsing for a Broadway revival of Streetcar. Stella, anyone? Using KAndre's handy calculator, Clay was born on Thursday and has far to go, as if we didn't know! I'm a born in October on Sunday girl.

I am still in the process of shaking off the trauma from having seriously drama-drenched company for ten days. Man, it feels so good to return to my meek little life.

Well I'm back home but I'm not supposed to be!!! Yesterday was interesting to say the least. I left Boston in a plane that would have made a sardine envious! They asked for people to volunteer to be bumped but I was too late so I flew off to Houston to go to OK City. On the way there was a teensy little storm that shut down the airport in Houston so we took a little side journey to Beaumont!! Sat there for a while and landed in Houston to find out my plane to OKC had gone. They told me I was standby for the next 3 flights and had a confirmed booking for this morning! Well I was only staying in OK one day so that was not really an option so I asked for my bags so I could just go home. Well my bags are nowhere to be found! (after a 3 hour wait) When we did the self-check it appears my bags never left Boston. They might have put them on the flight that they were going to bump me to! Needless to say I still don't have them and my DD is not too happy! Oh well the joys of flying!

I am so disappointed that there was no news of any kind! I felt sure that something would happen! Clay in a tank top??? Naa! Clay in a tank top over a t-shirt, over a tank top? Yep!

Subject? I need a subject....Clay's LI AIW without a doubt unbeatable for me. That man showed real strength of character. He did not want to let us down and gave everything he had. I felt sure he would fall of that stool and yet as ill as he was he sang the most beautiful I had ever heard. I will never forget being there.

:00003653: YSRN - Hope you have a wonderful day!

Completely off topic... I LOVE SYTYCD!! Love it. It is everything AI should be and isn't. These mad talented kids dance because they love it. They work damn hard because they love it. And with no promises of being a star. Even the winner only gets some money. No guarantees of a contract or a job. I even like that they say its the search for America's favorite dancer. Not the best dancer, but your favorite dancer. I think like more artistic endeavors, what sometimes makes you feel the most may not be technically the most perfect, but still it makes you feel.

My daughter and I never miss it, but she's working tonight so she'll miss the finale. Thank goodness MTV Canada reruns it on weekends. We're both rooting for Joshua.

The winner doesn't exactly get "some money" - this year it's $250,000 and a job in the next film from the director/choreographer of Hairspray (can't remember his name right now.) In past seasons, the winner got $100,000 and a job in a Vegas show - I know it was Celine Dion's show two years ago.

I don't know if they're airing in the US or not, but I've been seeing Ikea commercials for their new line featuring the "popper" who was back as a guest dancer a few weeks ago. Can't remember his name, but he's adorable in the commercials, doing a moonwalk type walk around an apt. set.

Clay topic? What if the maybe baby has already arrived and they're taking their sweet time about making an announcement? Hmmmm? ;)

ETA: jamar I agree with you and do think the baby might be delivered here in Canada.