#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Happy Birthday YSRN....

birthday-1.jpg

Muski - I LOVED your dream! I want so much for him to have an easy, comfie relationship like that!!

Am looking forward to the results of SYTYCD tonite. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm really, really hoping Twitch wins. Can't even explain why....it's just that he's so amazing without any formal training. And he has a smile that lights up the screen! But - no matter who wins I won't be disappointed. I actually like all 4 of them. Mia Michael's choreography was stunning last night!!!

Verra verra hot again today.....and I played 18 holes of golf with a woman who had been a Raiderette 3 years ago. I hated her. She had the most beautiful figure and could hit the snot out of the ball. That's not really fair, is it? To have both? But she was very nice and put on no airs. (hmph...I didn't know they made golf skirts that small.......)

Happy Birthday YSRN!!

WAH!!! Why can't I see Perma's pictures??? They're just little red x's in a box... Bummer!

muski - nice dream... it's what I hope for him - he's out just enjoying himself, having a good time with someone special!

Don't know how you guys were able to hold it all together when Clay was ill... it was hard enough to just hear about it during the cellcert and watch the clack later... I think I would have been in tears.. and I'm a sympathetic puker so it's probably a good think I wasn't there live! Even though he didn't, the hurl faces might have done it for me!

I'm into SYTYCD this season too... I'll be happy with just about any of them although Courtney is my fourth choice... my favorite is Joshua... read a short article about them today online and they all seem pretty nice and just happy to have made it this far...

clayzedover - what a nice story about your brothers... those kinds of stories are so cool to hear!

Off to read... I have to admit, this downtime is kinda nice... I'm getting lots of reading done!

Well we are finally going high tech. I don't know why we waited over a year to get HD digital tv, we had a digital tv.It's probably because my kids tried it and hated it. Might be because they had analog tvs. Being the handy person at my house I had to put the new tv together tonight and my back is aching. I'll hook up the dvd tomorrow.

It wasn't as hot today so I guess Clay got out his sweaters again.

I don't think I ever watched that Long Island clack. I was busy traveling around with playbiller When I got back home we were doing WFI and finally the Greensboro JNT. After that my computer gave out. I loved West Point and even Red Bank. At Red Bank there was a man in the balcony that kept taking flash pictures even as Clay got dizzier and complained about the lights. I think the whole audience was ready to lynch him. :dead-1:

I guess everyone's out watching TV tonight? *will sit here knitting until everyone gets back*

To the quilters out there (FromClaygary and sb any others?), I'm ready to get my feet wet and buy a sewing machine, especially since I volunteered to do a simple all-squares quilt top for a service project due in September... any recommendations on a decent beginner sewing machine that I won't have to replace very soon? My only experience with a sewing machine was on a manual/treadle type that my aunt taught me to use when I was about 6 yo, but since I did ok then I figure I'll be able to adapt to the electric ones easily. If it doesn't involve too big a price jump, I'd also love to be able to embroider a bit and sew simple clothes and household items like curtains. Is there a good machine that balances all these features? What machine do you use?

BTW, I'm a Tuesday child just like my baby angel. Two older children were born on Monday.

Fear, happy :) that you got some respite from the heat but :( that he must have had at least 3 layers again...

So, how many of us were at Long Island? I'm counting Solo, KAndre, PerusingOne, merrieeee, couchie, Muski, MuskiD1, duckyvee, clayzedover, Permaswooned, saltwaterdog, Kareneh, Fear, playbiller and myself. Did I miss anyone?

Scarlett darlin' :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I usually recommend one of the Janome products - one of their not-so-expensive machines. They don't have alot of fancy stitches, are relatively simple to operate, and you can purchase a 1/4" foot for them that helps you with sizing your seams. They don't sew really, really fast so are good for beginners - easier to sew with. It's also pretty small and easy to store or transport. I believe you can pick one up for right around $300. I wouldn't recommend a Kenmore. Brother and Husqvarna are good products but I don't have first-hand experience with either.

I have a Janome Jem (not sure if they make that style anymore) that I use when I travel (it only weighs 11 lbs and has a great carrying case) but my home sewing machine is a Pfaff. It was coughratherpriceycough but I love it and I probably won't buy another machine the rest of my life.

Whatever you get - make sure there is someone in your area that services that brand. And don't let them sell you something with a bazillion stitches - because you probably will never use them. It's like any other machine - the more complicated they are the more things that can break!

So, how many of us were at Long Island? I'm counting Solo, KAndre, PerusingOne, merrieeee, couchie, Muski, MuskiD1, duckyvee, clayzedover, Permaswooned, saltwaterdog, Kareneh, Fear, playbiller and myself. Did I miss anyone?

Not me, unfortunately. What a special gift Clay gave the fans that night! I remember talking with Saltie the next day. Where were we, Saltie? Proabably whatever was next in the tour.

I don't actually start classes for another 2 weeks, but I'm taking "workshop" classes each week up until then. Homework? What the heck did I get myself into?! :fca:

Scarlett darlin' :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I usually recommend one of the Janome products - one of their not-so-expensive machines. They don't have alot of fancy stitches, are relatively simple to operate, and you can purchase a 1/4" foot for them that helps you with sizing your seams. They don't sew really, really fast so are good for beginners - easier to sew with. It's also pretty small and easy to store or transport. I believe you can pick one up for right around $300. I wouldn't recommend a Kenmore. Brother and Husqvarna are good products but I don't have first-hand experience with either.

I have a Janome Jem (not sure if they make that style anymore) that I use when I travel (it only weighs 11 lbs and has a great carrying case) but my home sewing machine is a Pfaff. It was coughratherpriceycough but I love it and I probably won't buy another machine the rest of my life.

Whatever you get - make sure there is someone in your area that services that brand. And don't let them sell you something with a bazillion stitches - because you probably will never use them. It's like any other machine - the more complicated they are the more things that can break!

My mom has a little Janome that she uses when she does quilting classes - she loves it. We both have Husqvarna Viking machines that we use at home.

I guess everyone's out watching TV tonight? *will sit here knitting until everyone gets back*

To the quilters out there (FromClaygary and sb any others?), I'm ready to get my feet wet and buy a sewing machine, especially since I volunteered to do a simple all-squares quilt top for a service project due in September... any recommendations on a decent beginner sewing machine that I won't have to replace very soon? My only experience with a sewing machine was on a manual/treadle type that my aunt taught me to use when I was about 6 yo, but since I did ok then I figure I'll be able to adapt to the electric ones easily. If it doesn't involve too big a price jump, I'd also love to be able to embroider a bit and sew simple clothes and household items like curtains. Is there a good machine that balances all these features? What machine do you use?

Yup! I was watching SYTYCD...enjoyed it, but my favorite (Twitch) lost out...I wanted to tell him, sometimes second is best. :wub:

Scarlett, I actually have three Janomes :hysterical:. One which is fairly basic, one which has all the embroidery features which were available at that time (it's about 10 yrs old) and a Jem for classes etc. I love them all. They're durable, lightweight, have inexpensive accessory parts (DON'T go with a Bernina!) and I have never, ever repaired any of them. I do do regular maintenance myself. As Iseeme said, if you're going to be quilting, the Janome has a great 1/4" foot and mine will machine quilt very, very nicely as well with no added futzin' around. I don't even drop the feed, even though it is possible to do so on my bigger two. Failing that, I would recommend investigating Husqvarna. Although I've never had one, everyone I know who has, loves it also.

PS.....I warned you about going to that quilt show! :hysterical:

I've had a NewHome sewing machine for years and it's been pretty trouble free. Right now, I do need to find someone here who can give it a lube job and oil change and kick the tires a bit! LOL

It probably needs new belts and oiling, mostly. It's been 6 years maybe since I gave it some TLC. I has a few fancy stitches, just enough to pretty up some edges if you need to, but nothing complicated.

Got this in my Real Simple email today . . .

August 07, 2008

Modesty is the gentle art of enhancing your charm by pretending not to be aware of it.

— Oliver Herford

Make you think of anyone in particular???

:imgtongue:

DH and I watched the SYTYCD finale. I'm surprised at the second kicked off, but I really like the winner! :)

Not sure if you've all gotten to see it, so I'm shutting up! hee

I've enjoyed seeing these dancers this year! Amazing!

OH DAMMIT - you should have spoilered that. Dang it. The show doesn't start here for another half hour!

I've been waiting alllll evening to watch this show.....and now......sob!

{{{Iseeme}}}

Yeah, its not right to post things like that when the west hasn't seen it yet.

Maybe FromClaygary could spoiler her remark and then you could edit yours so any other west coaters also won't be spoiled?

I loved this year's show but the #2 guy should have won!!

Seems I am rather partial to #2 guys!

Hey Char! How's Web 2.0 going? I'm doing my paper on YouTube now. bwah! Yes, that's it! Thanks for uploading it to YouTube!!! BTW, I now convert original HDs directly to iPhone (mp4) format -- when I can make one for this, can I send you the file so that we can see if YouTube displays mp4's better than XviD conversions?

Yes DO Scarlett, that would be interesting. I'm guessing I wouldn't get a "duplicate file" error since it would be in a different format. I'd just hate to lose the time value, ratings and comments from the old one to upload the new. But send it and I'll give it a shot!

The SCC story is so tragic...

I'm a Wednesday child *sigh*... but what makes it even sadder is that I was only moments away from being a Tuesday. If only mom had pushed harder...

As for L.I. I wasn't there, but it's truly one of my most precious video memories. Not only did he sing so beautifully that night but he tore the roof off the place with

God, I love him. Yeppers.

As for The Broads tournament tonight... well it's just plain unfair.

A little birdie told me there were some very sweet people here sending me good wishes for my birthday. I thank each and every one of you. :wub:

It's the big 5-0. WooT! :wein:I could have Clay Aiken's baby. :lol:

Happy Birthday YSRN, and a million thanks for this, one of my favorite tour photos ever! Have a beauty of a day.

:5:

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...=si&img=871

Aw, good times! Glad that made someone happy! And thanks for telling me so. :)

I hope I'm not too late to wish YSRN a Happy Birthday!! In the interest of getting this post up before more and more days pass, I'll skip the fancy greetings and just get to the point....Have a great one!!

Happy Husqvarna owner here. I have had mine for a lot of years and love it. I don't have any designs on ever replacing it and haven't done more to it than the occasional tune up and cleaning.

annabear, I am two days away from finishing up my summer session classes. I uploaded my final graphic design project tonight (WHEW!) and have a final in another course on Saturday which I have to write with a proctor at the public library here in Halifax. Proctoring is a service the library here provides for free. I can't imagine how many hands I would have to grease to get the same service in Baku. We are still getting the screws put to us by the freight forwarder who delivered our household goods a couple of weeks ago.....supposedly cleared of customs only...NOT! They seem to be freaking out over there and want another grand (in addition to the extra grand on top of the extra two grand they wanted in May). Apparently, our things will be considered contraband by the government after tomorrow, and I can't remember if I shipped all the photo negatives of the kids when they were little or I stored them. I had a project in mind and had them on the pile of stuff to go but I made some last minute decisions and I can't remember which way that one went. John is over here in Canada right now, so he can't look at the inventory. First thing in the morning I have to call Ali and tell him to go into the house and look for this red show box, and if he finds it....get it the hell out of there. Pronto!

I wish John would just fork over the cash and be done with it, this is one of those no win situations. I can just tell. Watch us get our name on some list and when I try to get into the country with my 50 lbs of meat next week, I'll be supplying a barbecue behind some building at the airport. I have a feeling.....

Speaking of which I went to Spamalot on Sunday night. It was fun but different. Drew Lachey was kind of endearing as Patsy and Marin Mazzee(?) was a pretty darn good Lady of the Lake. It was the last night for one of the girls in the chorus and she cried and cried during the curtain call. I'll dig out my Playbill one of these days so I can figure out which one it was. The new Sir Robin.....yawn. New York with the whole family is a pricey situation! I think I used up 2 years worth of touring funds in a weekend. The not-so-kids-anymore enjoyed themselves a lot though.

Long Island....unreal. Mine was the arm that the groaning guitargirl gripped with her left hand as she moaned and shot her video with her right. I remember going home in the car and debating whether or not to even upload the footage. But I think we weren't in the door ten minutes and it was on its way. I thought he was funnier that night than any other night on a very funny tour. There was something about him that night that was very in-tune.....he was down right amazing that night. Since he stayed on the stool all night and I was sitting in the center of the auditorium, most of my pix from that night feature the mic more then anything. I also have some kicking around that I haven't uploaded but I seem to be without them right now. They must be about to go under customs lock and key in Baku. CRAP! Let's see can we dig a hole for the external hard drives in the garden?

127209323_4KRcW-L.jpg

I had better go to bed, I've got a full day of studying tomorrow for that exam. My finished-my-project-celebratory beer is almost all gone....both of them.

me. (West Point and Red Bank, too) :lurking:

:needclay:

Good Morning Everyone,

71 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

The latest Broads challenge! Worcester WDC vs. Solitaire (AI3). Personally, I loved the "man in black" in this instance, so it was no contest for me.

Perma, hope everything works well for your hubby. I'm sure you'll miss him a LOT. And thanks for the gorgeous picture!

Kareneh, sorry to hear about the latest travails in getting your stuff. Good luck with it all!

Other than that...nuthin'. At least it's FRIDAY!!!! HOOOOOOOOO!

{{{Kareneh}}} Goodluck both with the exam and with getting your stuff out of customs!

:thankyou:

Thanks for all the good advice, s.b., annabear, FromClaygary and Cotton! Now that I've got my heart set on a Janome, I saw this on eBay and wondered if I should try to bid about for it and what would be a good price to bid? Doesn't it look like a good buy? If I don't get it, I'll be happy with an entry level Janome from a local store. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Char, I wish I were "working" on YouTube too! Will get that clip to you soon.

Eeep about misreading your posts, duckyvee, playbiller and Fear -- hope you liked the Long Island clips, though!

Have a great day, everyone! (Big sloppy MUAH to aikim for the daily countdown that brings me a smile each morning!)

:nature-smiley-014:

ETA: Ooops, sorry about that laljeterfan!!!

me. (West Point and Red Bank, too) :lurking:

:needclay:

I was there, too. Second row and we were so excited because he had really been working the stage that tour. When we realized he wouldn't be leaving the stool, we were disappointed, but it turned out to be a fantastic show. I had my brand new camera and every shot I took of him looked the same - from the side.

He entered and left from my side of the stage. I had been videoing when he finished AIW. He said to stop taking pictures of the sick person (paraphrase) and I immediately dropped my camera. It's a night I will never forget.

Good morning.

FromClayGary - they ARE played at the same time across the country....it's just that 8:00 in your neck of the woods is still 5:00 in mine.

Scarlett - that's a good price for that particular sewing machine. However, as I said, it has alot of bells and whistles you don't really need for just quilting. You can get a machine for less - unless you really like this one! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Had to go with AI3 Solitaire.....it was kind of the triumphant return. He looked totally awesome that night - long and lean in that black suit and turtleneck - hair appropriately mussed, all grown up and professional. And I loved the way the camera was circling around him.... I remember standing up and yelling and pumping my fist when he hit the glory note! Take THAT Slimon! (and strange looks from my family......hee! :cryingwlaughter: )

Kareneh - OMG that picture! His eyelashes look soooo long! You just wonder how many performers would have done what Clay did that night.....not only go on stage so as not to disappoint his fans but also to have the wit and humor, not to mention the voice, while his world was spinning. Wish I could have been there to see it in person!

Regarding CV...the board is down and the admins are getting in touch with Jpellet who handles server issues to see what the problem is...she was going to be doing some maintenance on the board due to issues with virus alerts when using IE. I will let you know if I hear anything more.

I am going to be in an out today as the Bridal Shower (bites nails!) is tomorrow and I have lots to do today...haven't even bought gifts yet; have to do the decorations and favors for the tables; pick up the cake...I am just glad the heat broke and it is only supposed to be in the 70's today and tomorrow...will make all the running around much easier to deal with.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to Scarlett

Kim