#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I just can't stop grinning.

I soooooooooooo hope he'll share a pic of him with us soon!

Hee - anybody who knows me 'in real life' knows that I am the poster-child for not being a kid person. But damn - I'm just so freakin' happy for them. This baby will be (and is already) so loved. I think I could've gotten through the blog without blubbering - until the 'little man' part. Done like dinner then.

Daddy's little man.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

8 hours, couchie? 8? You've got a con.nec.shun! :imgtongue:

Ok, I really MUST get off the computer now! I was supposed to leave for Columbus at 2:30 - that would be in like 2 minutes - and I've yet to feed the cats, pack a bag or take my shower!!! :Ahh:

The news hit on a FIrday - the day that news is usually buried. PR people release all damaging things this day. Funny how Clay's luck works.

Wonder what they will do with pictures.

I was going to mow my lawn with my brand new electric mower, but I stopped to read about Clay and ...... it rained. Can't use an electric mowwer on wet grass. Silly Clay, you could have waited a couple of hours.

What a day not to answer my phones -- just looked right now and had a whole series of them... KAndre, PerusingOne, MUAH!!!

And what a date & time! My best friend did exactly the same thing 8 years ago (because 2000 was a dragon year). Wheeeeee!!!

(definitely not caught up but wanted to post already!!!)

ETA: meant to quote this earlier but was too much in a rush...

I'm just not going to worry about what the media says or how they say it.

This is a wonderful day!!

Parker Foster Aiken!!!

You know, it's too bad that baby couldn't have weighed 8 lb. 8 oz....

HEEEEE -- add 6 +2!!! :lol:

Its-a-boy.gifWelcome to the world, Parker Foster Aiken!

Congratulations to Clay, Jaymes, and the entire clan! Baby1y.gif

I was checking the OFC's "recent posts" tab and saw Clay's blog when there were no comments. I didn't think twice before dialing my friend Sally's number to tell her the news. I also changed the Carolina On My Mind title to 8-08-08 and added a baby announcement at the top. I figure 8-08-08 covers the happy event, as well as the Olympics topic I had featured. :)

BTW, I'm here via the Mozilla browser. I still cannot find FCA in my IE list of sites that are harmful. Does anyone know if there is a number code/address for FCA? I prefer IE, but am making do. :whistling-1:

Have a great 8-08-08, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

Hee! I was just coming to mention the 6lbs 2ozs thing - good one Caro!!

I love the AP story - short and sweet (and a faboo pic). I'm gonna go see the Mummy movie tonight - I wonder how I'll explain my ICG when people are busy being murdered on the screen? LOLOL!!!

The story from Comcast...very nice and they used a beautiful picture of him!

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/2008...ple.Clay.Aiken/

Kim

Yay! that's the AP story! As ldyj said, that is probably the one most new outlets will use. It even made it to my Canadian news home page, (who generally only prints unflattering things about him) intact! No photo, but the story just as it is on the Comcast one.

Call me skeptical, but I'm not buying the "not romantically involved" shtick.

Would you name your first, and probably only kid, after your non-romantic partner's mother's former husband?

If the kid had been named "David Aiken Foster", I'd buy it ... maybe.

Parker Foster Aiken says to me that Jaymes & Clay are planning to be together and a part of the same family for a long, long time.

Congratulations to everyone and kudos to Jaymes for having more courage than I would have had at 50!

Probably OFC... if and when he's ready to share. I'm like Cindy in that I'm not a baby person..ok I wasn't a baby person until my sister had her son. And just being around him on a daily basis was such a blessing. I'm glad Jaymes is in NC and hope for a least oh the next 18 years, she stays there :cryingwlaughter:

I know the next month at the very least is lay around and stare at the baby and receive visitors time. I wish I didn't have to cancel my plans to go to the gala -- just imagine the sobbing emoticon here -- but still, I look forward to seeing him again and if that's the next time I can't wait to hear reports. Is it bad that I hope the baby wakes clay up like at 4 am every day. heee. But somehow I don't think he'll mind. Hmmm I'm feeling mushy.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!

And -

a BIG THANK YOU to Claygirl for calling me at work to tell me the news!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm so happy for them all!

And I can't thank Clay Aiken enough for sharing the news with "us"!!!

I'm HAPPY! â„¢Prince Herbert

:)

Latah, y'all!

Would you name your first, and probably only kid, after your non-romantic partner's mother's former husband?

Parker Foster Aiken says to me that Jaymes & Clay are planning to be together and a part of the same family for a long, long time.

Congratulations to everyone and kudos to Jaymes for having more courage than I would have had at 50!

Why do you say probably only one kid? Or do you mean for Jaymes?

Yeah, I believe there is quite a closeness there, but am happy that they seem to have kept away from most prying eyes (tm Hall and Oates).

Non-romantic or whatever, I feel Parker is a lot more than a David Crosby type of production, this seems like at the very least a close-knit family, just not 'traditional'.

I think the Parker name is traditional, and ties into all the Parkers - Faye, Brett, etc., as well as Ray. It does make me feel Clay does not have the hard feelings some have projected onto him, though.

For no reason I can articulate, I see Clay with a little brood, eventually, however and whatever happens.

How nice to see Parker's birth noted as "good news" all over the net!

I soooo agree!!!!!!!! :clap: Jaymes having the baby in NC says alot to me.

I find that I don't much care about knowing their relationship. I know what I need to; that they are extremely close. Everything they are doing now can be explained away as being for the baby - and it's something they have worked out way in advance. I hope they have thought of every angle and I wish them the best. Traditional families ..how common are those anymore anyway.

I soooo agree!!!!!!!! :clap: Jaymes having the baby in NC says alot to me.

I agree with all of the above. I think that Clay and Jaymes are best friends but that doesn't preclude more, nor should it since I think it's the ideal situation to have the person that you love to also be your best friend. Not that I see Clay ever confirming it because he's already said that anything to do with his romantic life is off limits. And really, what's he going to do, go on television and say she's his girlfriend or lover. That is not something I could see Clay ever doing. And he is not the only one who has handled things that way. Brad and Angelina never actually confirmed that they were sleeping together, at least not that I can remember, it was just assumed since they spent a lot of time together. Unless they are like JT and want everyone to know how studly they are, most celebrities don't address the issue, they just live their lives.