#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I'm just not going to worry about what the media says or how they say it.

This is a wonderful day!!

Parker Foster Aiken!!!

WORD WORD WORD

I find that I don't much care about knowing their relationship. I know what I need to; that they are extremely close. Everything they are doing now can be explained away as being for the baby - and it's something they have worked out way in advance. I hope they have thought of every angle and I wish them the best. Traditional families ..how common are those anymore anyway

WORD WORD WORD

At this point I take Clay at his word...he is going to bring up the baby with his best friend. Its clear that is how he wants the world to see this relationship. Whether there is more to it... could be ...maybe...not really my business, I think its enough that there will be a lot of love and support in this family.

About the name...its very possible that Jaymes just really like the name Parker. Like my daughters name, Taylor is my hubbies grandmothers maiden name. I chose it because I like the name and the fact that it is also a family name was just a plus. I think Parker is a good name. I do think it shows that Clay has good feelings towards Ray.

I really think that its smart for Clay to release that CD before the babies birth. Now the record company won't be pressuring him to work on it and he can just concentrate on his new family for awhile.

I wonder what lullaby he would be singing for Parker...

I don't recall Clay saying anything about his romantic life being off limits. I guess things can be interpreted that way but I will never second guess what Clay will or won't say (especially after today). He doesn't have to flaunt a relationship if he's in a relationship. The vast majority of celebs don't.

ETA: I remember that JustClay.. just different interpretations I guess.

don't think he will use any part of his life as press fodder..for the sake of doing it..that I agree with whole heartedly. I guess i mean it in the same I didn't think he'd go through his life with a baby but never mentioning it. He's not the hide your happiness under a bushel type of guy.

I don't recall Clay saying anything about his romantic life being off limits. I guess things can be interpreted that way but I will never second guess what Clay will or won't say (especially after today). He doesn't have to flaunt a relationship if he's in a relationship. The vast majority of celebs don't.

I actually just saw something about that today when I was checking some of the articles. He said something about how people don't want to have that kind of stuff shoved in their face and he is here to sing or entertain or something like that, not address that issue. I'll have to check to see where I saw that quote.

Found it. I read it on a link to the Usmagazine. It used to be off to the side because I know I didn't click on the rumors link but this time I had to. Not posting a link because the comments section is taken up by a bunch of 12 year old boys, or at least those that act like 12 year olds. The articles themselves aren't too bad though, even the one about the rumors. He basically said that the spectulation and rumors bugged him at first but he now says forget about them, that's not him or his life. I wish some of his fans could find that same peace. I definitely don't think it's easy because sometimes I still want to slap some of the idiots, but that's why I usually stay away from the places that are going to tick me off.

Okay - I'm back.

Didn't want to neglect DH but he's puttering around in the kitchen so - here I am!

I've been thinking a lot the last few days about Clay's recent schtick about "getting old".

You know - if he's "getting old" then it's no big deal to be a Daddy - or to be a Daddy with his "older" EP. I really think there's method to his madness with a lot of his "schtick". hee

I never heard about boy babies being named after their Grandmothers.

???

I was actually named after both my maternal and paternal Grandmothers.

:)

I just think Clay and Jaymes were honoring both their families.

BTW, anybody remember I predicted Clay calling Linda Loveland to break the story?

Ahem.

So - Faye actually made the call, not Clay, but still!

:whistling-1:

I love that he wanted to include the Parker name.

What a happy day!

I just can't explain how happy I am that he told the fanclub first!

Does anybody know what time he blogged??

(What a time for CV to be down! Ack!)

I'm so glad for FCA!

Couchie! I'm so sad you won't be with us at the Gala!!! *snif*

He blogged pretty early. All I know is I got pinged by ladyJ... :F_05BL17blowkiss: and just when we were talking about it couchie types in those magic words...HE BLOGGED...

checked the chat log and that was around 10:50 this morning. So its just enough time for him to call all his friends, have a few moments with the baby and then let us all know....I thought that was just sooooo sweet of him.

He said something about how people don't want to have that kind of stuff shoved in their face

If I'm not mistaken, he was talking about questions about his sexuality.....whether he's gay or not....when he made this comment. Not about romantic relationships - although I guess if you try hard enough you can stretch it to that!

I don't think there is a romantic relationship between Clay and Jaymes. I think they are good, good friends. I also think naming the child Parker was a tribute to his mother - not Ray! But maybe that's just what I want to think! The fact that he stressed there is no hyphen between the names just tells me they're raising this child together (D101! gee, that's what he said!) how, I have no idea. Talking and planning and predicting issues is great while it's still in the "idea" stage but now there's a little human being. I guess flying the friendly skies of United will be a key factor. Also, the fact that the baby was born in Raleigh just indicates to me that's where the fertility doctor or clinic was - since Clay spends most of his time in Raleigh when he's not on tour or appearing in Spamalot. I think the papparrazzi would be hounding him to death if he spent much time in LA. If that's a correct assumption, than it makes perfect sense that's where the child would be born. Who knows how many times Jaymes had to endure IVF before it took. But I'm not going to romanticize this unless he announces his engagement to her and I'm not going to speculate about their relationship. Maybe that's what some need to do to accept the situation. I don't know.

Anyway, like I said before - okay Clay, let's talk about your career now and what's next!!!

Everytime I read where Clay wrote that the baby is loud "like his daddy," I just about break my face smiling.

His referring to himself as "daddy" clutches at my heart.

For Clay, I think, and I hope, that his career is the last thing on his mind right now. He has a brand new baby boy and he's getting used to the idea of calling himself Daddy.

I hope he tells us more about this little miracle. His career will be there next year. I can wait.

Everytime I read where Clay wrote that the baby is loud "like his daddy," I just about break my face smiling.

Me, too!

Finally have a few minutes between Shower preparations...gifts are wrapped, cake is in the fridge and I just popped some cream puffs in the over..still have to make the filling and the glaze.

Clay and Jaymes...I think there is a lot of love there...just don't think you ask a friend to go through invitro for you...it is such a complicated process and it is possible this is not their first attempt. I think they both wanted this baby very badly; I guess we can all interpret Clay's blog the way we want, but for me the way he emphasized "no hyphen, just one first name, one middle name and one last name" says this relationship is more than just friends. Yeah, I know it is weird that he announced the baby news and not anything about their relationship, but I don't think the baby news was supposed to be out two months ago and he had to address if; even if he wasn't going to go public with their relationship...now, maybe an interview coming up...he did say more soon in his blog.

Kim

I want to keep following & quoting wandacleo around!

Clay and Jaymes...I think there is a lot of love there...just don't think you ask a friend to go through invitro for you...it is such a complicated process and it is possible this is not their first attempt. I think they both wanted this baby very badly; I guess we can all interpret Clay's blog the way we want, but for me the way he emphasized "no hyphen, just one first name, one middle name and one last name" says this relationship is more than just friends. Yeah, I know it is weird that he announced the baby news and not anything about their relationship, but I don't think the baby news was supposed to be out two months ago and he had to address if; even if he wasn't going to go public with their relationship...now, maybe an interview coming up...he did say more soon in his blog.

Kim

Kim,

Will you explain why you feel this way? I actually hope that they are in a romantic relationship and I'd like to know why you feel this statement may imply that.

Paulette

For Clay, I think, and I hope, that his career is the last thing on his mind right now. He has a brand new baby boy and he's getting used to the idea of calling himself Daddy.

I hope he tells us more about this little miracle. His career will be there next year. I can wait.

:word:

I'll be happy to hear whatever and whenever Clay is comfortable sharing news about this son - his *son*...sniff...

My insides are feeling all schmoopy...

One Last Name. No hyphen.

That just speaks volumes upon volumes. I am so very happy for him! For the both of them! And I'm confident that they are both rejoicing so much in this moment together, as we speak.

Intimacy. Perhaps it's in things like this that most define the word.

I really hope that all those who doubted Clay, his integrity, his love of his fans (he told us first) are feeling just a wee bit ashamed of themselves today....
I sort of feel that way too... except mostly, I'm just sad for those who somehow lost their faith in him along the way and because of that aren't sharing in this bevy of joy on this happy day.

Congratulations Clay and Jaymes!!!

I got up bleary -eyed after a few hours sleep, having stayed up 'til 2am to watch the Olympics opening ceremony, but Im wiiide awake now!!

I love that he (with Fayes help) gave the scoop to Linda. It gives them control of it you know? And I hope a picture is released the same way, on their terms, while the bub is young so that as his features change he won't be recognized unless they choose to (hopefully)!

Also the family angle, the names, Grandma making the announcement and the blog from the proud Daddy makes me a little teary ........

Anyone notice that the People article now says ... In May, it was confirmed that Foster became pregnant via in vitro fertilization.

There's more than one article at People:

Clay welcomes a son: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217863,00.html (Clay and Jaymes pic)

Clay Aiken son has "powerful" birthdate: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20217890,00.html (musicpass pic)

I noticed that Kf- makes me think they are now going for a more positive spin (as if there even could be any bad thing about a loved and wanted baby being born to sane, stable, happy parents!

WORD Wanda Pass the tissues...

Kim

Kim,

Will you explain why you feel this way? I actually hope that they are in a romantic relationship and I'd like to know why you feel this statement may imply that.

Paulette

Well, I have always felt they were close, but it just seemed like an unnecessary statement to make...why qualify the baby's name? This baby is an Aiken, pure and simple...not a Foster-Aiken, not a Foster...an Aiken...one name...I can't really explain it, but that one sentance just seemed like he was telling us we are one family...yes, I know he referred to Jaymes as his "dear friend" but can you imagine the boards if he had said "my lover" or "my wife"...like I said probably not the way he wanted to go public with a relationship, but the choice was really taken away from him. Anyway, I always figured that someone's significant other, whether spouse or live in...would be their best friend. Probably I am making no sense...but it just feels right to me...I never have bought the just friends theory.

Kim

to me no hyphen means he is going to be involved in his child's life ...not just a sperm donor. But I can see how it could have another meaning to some. I just want him to be happy and don't care one way or the other. It would be easier for them all probably if it's a love match. I'm just happy for them today. Nothing much else seems important but the little life and their joy.

Kim

Kim,

Paulette

Well, I have always felt they were close, but it just seemed like an unnecessary statement to make...why qualify the baby's name? This baby is an Aiken, pure and simple...not a Foster-Aiken, not a Foster...an Aiken...one name...I can't really explain it, but that one sentance just seemed like he was telling us we are one family...yes, I know he referred to Jaymes as his "dear friend" but can you imagine the boards if he had said "my lover" or "my wife"...like I said probably not the way he wanted to go public with a relationship, but the choice was really taken away from him. Anyway, I always figured that someone's significant other, whether spouse or live in...would be their best friend. Probably I am making no sense...but it just feels right to me...I never have bought the just friends theory.

Kim

You are making perfect sense to me! I felt exactly the same way when I read that sentence.

This is a really off-the-wall idea, but it's been running through my head since I first heard the news.

I am two years younger than Jaymes. If I were her, and I was in love with a 29-year-old man who I knew wanted to have his own biological children, I would be hesitant to make a commitment unless I knew I could give him what he wanted.

So, if this is a romantic relationship, does anyone think it's possible that she wanted to give birth before she would make a commitment?

You can tell me if you think I'm just crazy. (I wish I had a 29-year-old lover that looked like Clay so I could test this theory.)