#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I think I tend to look at all of this from Jaymes' point of view, not Clay's. That's why I see the last name of Aiken as being so significant. But that's only my perspective. There's no way in hell that I would ever let anyone (even the sperm donor), no matter how close, give MY child his last name without a ring or a definite commitment - not just to the child, but to me.

Of course, this is probably more of my past history than anything to do with Jaymes!

This is a really off-the-wall idea, but it's been running through my head since I first heard the news.

I am two years younger than Jaymes. If I were her, and I was in love with a 29-year-old man who I knew wanted to have his own biological children, I would be hesitant to make a commitment unless I knew I could give him what he wanted.

So, if this is a romantic relationship, does anyone think it's possible that she wanted to give birth before she would make a commitment?

You can tell me if you think I'm just crazy. (I wish I had a 29-year-old lover that looked like Clay so I could test this theory.)

:cryingwlaughter:

I don't think you're crazy, but I agree you should make every effort to test this.

Just in the interests of scientific and statistical accuracy ,of course......

This is a really off-the-wall idea, but it's been running through my head since I first heard the news.

I am two years younger than Jaymes. If I were her, and I was in love with a 29-year-old man who I knew wanted to have his own biological children, I would be hesitant to make a commitment unless I knew I could give him what he wanted.

So, if this is a romantic relationship, does anyone think it's possible that she wanted to give birth before she would make a commitment?

You can tell me if you think I'm just crazy. (I wish I had a 29-year-old lover that looked like Clay so I could test this theory.)

I'm with you on the bolded part. I don't know about the rest, and no, referring to Iseeme's post, I don't need to see Clay and Jaymes as a couple to accept this news and I don't think most of us who are speculating about that are either. I do think it's a very real possibilty but I'm happy just for the fact that I can tell how happy Clay is.

aikim...I think people can interpret that line in different ways. I am certainly neutral about Jaymes and Clay relationship...meaning I am not invested in either possibility of romantic or platonic relationship. But I do think that mentioning dear friend indicates that she is a friend...and the non hyphenated simply means that they will still be a family. I just don;t see why he would need to use any qualifiers about their relationship at all. I also think that this is part of the story that they are giving the media. Is it a way to cover up their relationship...maybe, but why should they cover it up? I do believe they can be very happy and have a great family together even if it is a platonic relationship.

Wandacleo....word to you as well...it does make me all schmoopie when he calls himself a dad.

ITA with thankful4clay on the career talk...I really don't need to hear about that now. I want Clay to just enjoy being a dad...I really want to see pictures...would love to hear more about his feelings about this momentous event.

I do think that Clay is the type of person that will always put family first over career.... That is why its great that he gave us OMWH to enjoy as he concentrate on his family. The career part of his life can wait till he is good and ready.

I can also see myself telling a much younger man that I want him to be very sure because he might meet someone younger, so I want you to keep your options open for a bit. I wouldn't want you to ever feel like you are stuck with me. I think she might think that would be best for him if she is deeply in love with him and I think she is. JMO. Yes, I think they might marry in the future.

ETA- Wanda , I loved he's loud like his Daddy thingy.

Just want to come out of lurkdom to say I am thrilled with this news!

We don't know what their relatonship is and we may never know. The mags said they are not romatically involved, not Clay. Who knows, they could be married! Whatever their relationship, one thing is certain. They love one another very much!

Someone asked about naming boys after their grandmothers. Clay said in LTS it is a Southern tradition to give a boy his grandmother's maiden name. Clayton is his matenal grandmother's maiden name and Holmes is his paternal grandmother's maiden name.

I am thrilled that Parker Foster Aiken is here and Clay announced it to his fans! I just love that man!

I am thrilled that Parker Foster Aiken is here and Clay announced it to his fans! I just love that man!

So many great posts to quote! Good to see you out of lurkdom, LonelyNoMore!

I was just watching the Rocca interview again.

When Clay does the "blahblahblah", he sounds just like my DS!

He does the same running it altogether the same way. :cryingwlaughter:

I kinda do think it's significant that the baby is named Parker Foster Aiken.

And not Foster-Aiken or Foster.

I think it's significant that Jaymes came to NC to have their baby. I'm sure she had lots of attention and TLC there. But she could also have chosen to be at home in Vancouver (Or wherever her relatives are) and gotten TLC there, I would think.

To me, though, Parker is honoring Ray and Brett, not Faye. He took the Aiken name - his mother's name, so Aiken is already honoring his mom.

JMO

And none of it matters to me. I'm just glad he sounds so happy and that all are healthy!

And - yeah, "loud as his Daddy" did make me schmoopie!

Okay - so we turned to the Opening Ceremonies. I was thinking that the Project Runway design was going to be their attire, but - nope. Not that I can see. Anybody watching that?

Did you see some of the stoopid outfits some of those people came up with??!! Whoa!

I couldn't be more happier for them!

I also tend to think the Jaymes has already "taken the measure of that man!".

I hope they have another child or two very soon so little Parker is not an only child. I would love them to fill up the house with little Aikens. (I can dream)

(I would not be at all surprised to learn they have had a hot, torrid romance going on for quite some time. Or not... )

I am just so happy for them.

:wub:

OMWH is now #511 on Amazon. Just yesterday is was in the 1,700's. The rank was in the 800s a few hours ago.

Wondering what causes the increase in sales on Amazon.

Fans celebrating by buying more albums?

NJU thinking "Clay Aiken is a father. I just might buy his new cd."

I always wonder why non-music news can cause a spike in sales.

When Clay used the term "my dear friend" I took it as a signal that is a platonic relationship. But of course it is possible to be a dear friend and lover too, I suppose.

Someone asked about naming boys after their grandmothers. Clay said in LTS it is a Southern tradition to give a boy his grandmother's maiden name. Clayton is his matenal grandmother's maiden name and Holmes is his paternal grandmother's maiden name.

So the baby has the grandmothers' married names, then. Parker being his paternal grandmother and Foster the maternal grandmother's. I suppose they couldn't use maiden names because then the baby would be Aiken Aiken.

Am I figuring that out right?

ETA: cagney, my guess is the NJU follows a story line and sees that Clay has released a CD that they didn't know about. I'm tha-rilled to hear about the spike in sales.

I don't think it matters if Clay and Jaymes are friends or lovers. Both are good.

Plenty of people who can't stand each other have children.

I don't think it matters if Clay and Jaymes are friends are lovers. Both are good.

Once again...words of wisdom...

yup there is lots of love in that family!!!

I am surprised that she gave birth in NC. I thought she would be closer to her family...so that does make me go hmmmm.... oh my horoscope today...

You are no stranger to paradoxes, yet today's may remain a puzzle. The more you learn now about a current interest, the less you will know about it.

Yup...Clay is quite a paradox. Even after we got the baby news confirmed...there are still a lot more questions...that we may never be able to answer. I'm ok with that though. I don;t think we should know everything about his life...only what he wants to share with us.

I don't think it matters if Clay and Jaymes are friends are lovers. Both are good.

Word to that Wanda! I think this adds to what Couchie said about not knowing what a "normal" family looks like these days. Someone else mentioned that they thought it meant that Clay and Jaymes planned to be a family for a long time and I think this is right too, because once that child is here you are forever linked.

ETA I have just started a new topic "Olympics" in the sports thread.

Well, I wont be holding my breath for a Christmas tour this year as I imagine we would have to drag him kicking and screaming to get him away from that baby!! :cryingwlaughter:

Life is good.

I can't stop smiling thinking about Clay and Jaymes and the baby. The first-born for both of them, and Faye's first grandchild, don't you know this is a day of pure joy and excitement that none of them will ever forget. They must be high as a flock of kites, and I'll bet Clay is still grinning from ear to ear.

From what I've observed in life, the chances for Clay and Jaymes to stay close and loving may be enhanced if they don't have a romantic relationship. But I do know that what's going on between them today is about as close as two people can be, looking into the face of the baby they made together.

I was one of those people who mentioned seeing sparks between Clay and Jaymes from the beginning of coming into the fandom in 2006, and especially after reading her OFC blogs and other stuff that year. I don't know if they're in love, but they certainly love each other deeply, without a doubt.

I am so happy for them all. As far as North Carolina, I have an idea that Jaymes has already been spending a lot of time in Raleigh when Clay's there. It made a lasting impression on me when Jaymes showed up in NC for the last two nights of the 2006 Christmas tour that ended the night before Christmas Eve. To me it was a solid indication that Jaymes was spending Christmas with Clay in Raleigh. And, I've said this before, but David Foster, to my eyes, acts toward Clay like a brother-in-law.

I find it all incredibly lovely. I love that he referred to himself as daddy in the blog, and to Jaymes as mama, and the baby as the little man. So precious.

Did I mention that I adore babies? All babies. But especially the newborns, the pure angels.

I think the nursing staff is still changing the diapers.

I also think Clay has changed diapers before.

Just a guess.

:)

What? I changed my babies' diapers. My babies were in the bassinet in the room with me. If I wanted to get any sleep, I had to wheel them down to the nursery and ask them to take care of the baby for a few hours. My kids are 19 and 17. Those nurses did not change diapers. At least not up here in Minnesota.

I don't know. I had a C-Section, so things may have been a bit different for me.

And my baby is nearly 33 years old!

I don't think I changed his diaper until we came home. Even with the C-Section I was only in the hospital 3 days.

???

I know DS' daddy didn't change his diaper til we were home!!! :)

ETA:

Then again - my memory SUCKS! :cryingwlaughter: