#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

It's probably just me, but I am so thrilled that this baby is half American and half Canadian. I know we are neighbors (you'll note I spelled that the U.S. way) but this makes us kin, this makes us all "Aunties" in the North American sense of the word.

That just makes me twice as schmoopie! Thanks Clay and Jaymes! I love your little man already.

I just can't stop smiling! This has been a wonderful day....8:08 on 08/08/08! COOL!!

I think I tend to look at all of this from Jaymes' point of view, not Clay's. That's why I see the last name of Aiken as being so significant. But that's only my perspective. There's no way in hell that I would ever let anyone (even the sperm donor), no matter how close, give MY child his last name without a ring or a definite commitment - not just to the child, but to me.

Of course, this is probably more of my past history than anything to do with Jaymes!

Well, like couchie said earlier today, there's no longer any question that he was doing this as a favor to her (as I had thought at first). This is clearly their child.

Whether it's romantic, or a different kind of commitment, I don't know. If it isn't romantic, then I'd like to think that they've been best of friends through relationships on both their parts and are confident that any relationship either might have in the future wouldn't interfere with the friendship or the shared child.

With all the broken marriages there are today, and all the children whose parents are divorced/remarried, etc., Clay especially must have been witness to many, many alternative arrangements, and have confidence that he can provide his child with a stable home life in this situation. I remember so well my nephew right after his parents divorced building himself a dresser drawer which he kept his things in as he moved from mother's house to father's house every other week--a poignant way of trying creating stability for himself in an unstable world. Working with college students, one thing that was heartbreaking was the time leading up to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays as so many dealt with divorced parents competing for their presence, and the kids feeling so conflicted about deciding where to go. Heartbreaking too were the rarer occasions when both sets of parents would go off on a trip and leave the kid with no family to spend the holidays with at all. Clay has to have seen a lot of the sadness of broken homes (including his own) and I'm sure they've talked a lot about all kinds of contingencies and how they'll be handled.

This is a really off-the-wall idea, but it's been running through my head since I first heard the news.

I am two years younger than Jaymes. If I were her, and I was in love with a 29-year-old man who I knew wanted to have his own biological children, I would be hesitant to make a commitment unless I knew I could give him what he wanted.

I don't have any strong opinion in any direction, not saying that, but it's certainly a thought I've had as a possibility since we first heard.

I don't think it matters if Clay and Jaymes are friends or lovers. Both are good.

Plenty of people who can't stand each other have children.

Wandacleo, you always get right to the heart of the matter. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Did you notice in his blog that he said it's been a busy summer? They've had to get together all the baby stuff that's needed, furnish at least one room in one house, do birth prep, and knowing Clay, he's probably been studying baby care books. He probably hasn't had much spare time since Spamalot.

About Jaymes and NC. I thought I saw her leaving the Whole Foods down the street the winter I first moved back here (2006), and I said, nah, couldn't be, because he's not even home, he's on the Christmas tour, so I didn't even look hard. Now I wish I had. It would be the closest Whole Foods to his house.

That aside, which could be meaningless, I think his NC home was the best place to avoid the paparazzi.

OT.

If anyone's interested, the "color" commentator for the Olympic opening ceremonies is Joshua Cooper Ramo:

Joshua Cooper Ramo is Managing Partner in the office of John L. Thornton, Senior Advisor to Goldman Sachs and professor at Tsinghua University. Ramo’s advisory work focuses on political, economic and business areas with a particular emphasis on China. Formerly, Ramo was Editor at Large at Time Inc. He joined Time magazine in 1996, and went on to become the magazine’s youngest Assistant Managing Editor and Foreign Editor, overseeing Time’s international coverage. Ramo was also an international affairs analyst for CNN. Ramo is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, a Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute, a co-founder of the U.S.–China Young Leaders Forum and a member of the World Economic Forum’s Global Leaders of Tomorrow. Joshua also holds two US national point-to-point airspeed records and is an avid aerobatics pilot. He divides his time between Beijing and the United States.

I got so excited when I saw that the drums in the beginning of the opening ceremony were shaped and decorated like giant bronze drums of the oldest, oldest times in China--in the shape of giant ding. Scarlett, did they have those at the Shanghai Museum exhibit?

OK, I'll shut up now. :hysterical:

I was walking around with a smile on my face all day. :sm227:

I was thinking about how Clay home schooled that young man on the bus during the JNT05. It won't be a problem for him to teach Parker during his tours. He could get an RV for his family. :family1:

It's probably just me, but I am so thrilled that this baby is half American and half Canadian. I know we are neighbors (you'll note I spelled that the U.S. way) but this makes us kin, this makes us all "Aunties" in the North American sense of the word.

There were several people I emailed this morning to inform that "I'm an auntie" ..heee that was my email subject line.

The part I love about no hyphens is that hyphens have implied being disjoint or an incomplete attempt to put something together.

Having a first name, a middle name and a last name says to me that you are part of a complete, loving family. And his name is so strong -- Parker Foster Aiken. I love the sound of it. If I were in high school and I had a classmate named Parker Foster Aiken I'd be scribbling his name all day.

I got so excited when I saw that the drums in the beginning of the opening ceremony were shaped and decorated like giant bronze drums of the oldest, oldest times in China--in the shape of giant ding. Scarlett, did they have those at the Shanghai Museum exhibit?
No, they didn't -- we need to go there to see them (again for you)!

ETA:

I was thinking about how Clay home schooled that young man on the bus during the JNT05. It won't be a problem for him to teach Parker during his tours. He could get an RV for his family. :family1:

There's an actor named Philip Quast who tours with Broadway-type shows and brings his entire family all the time.

cha cha The opening ceremony was unbelievable. i wish they would re-broadcast it. It was just amazing.

I am trying to finish Emma tonight for a bookclub tomorrow. But between the Olympics and another major distraction today, I am too distracted.

OMWH is now #377 on Amazon.

Know how many of my daughter Carrie's friends' parents divorced just this past school year? Four. Four families that shocked everyone. All with children of various ages.

On Carrie's softball team there are two girls whose families are divorced, but who have great relationships. One in particular always makes me smile. The mother always comes to the girl's games with her current husband (the girl's stepfather) and their two children together. AND the girl's father always comes, too, sometimes bringing his girlfriend and her sister. Everyone is friendly and supportive and this girl is loved and cared for by both of her 'families'. She lives with her mom and stepfather but visits with her dad any time she wants to.

That is certainly a loving family, much more so than some 'traditional' families I see. So I make no judgments at all about the choices Clay and Jaymes made.

Well, I take that back. I do have some nasty things to say if it's really true that they're ONLY friends. 'Coss if Jaymes had a chance to get some of that fine Clay Aiken stuff and DIDN'T--because of a couple of decades age difference---I have to say the woman is operating with one brick shy of a load, ifyouknowwhaimeanandithinkyoudo. :sleezy:

It's a beautiful day in Clay's neighborhood....

Clay has a SON, y'all! EEEEEEEEE!!!

Happy birthday, also, to smilin and christelklein and a friendly wave to newest member SaintRain.

That's all I got for now. Love that Clay Aiken guy...and wish him the best, always, always.

cha cha The opening ceremony was unbelievable. i wish they would re-broadcast it. It was just amazing.

I am trying to finish Emma tonight for a bookclub tomorrow. But between the Olympics and another major distraction today, I am too distracted.

he no problem of that here in Canada...they showed it this morning...and several times through the day in the CBC news channel...

Awww Claymatron what a lovely thought that Canada and US will be sharing this baby...

I had c section for all three babies...and each time they gave me the option of having the baby with me the second night. That first diaper change...not very pleasant...hee.

I remember my biggest challenge was always trying to get that breast feeding going. It was not easy...I always end up doing a mix of breast and bottle.

It does not matter how prepared parents are..that first few weeks are always chaotic...going around sleep deprived...

Am I the only one who thinks that Quiana is there helping out? (And Faye, of course.) I want to see a picture of Chamberlin and Parker. And Clay and Parker. And Jaymes and Parker. And David Foster and Parker.

Ok I've thought about this but does anyone else thing Where I Draw the Line could do well. Ashes is middle of the pack for me. WIDTL isn't my favorite song, but I just think it can do well.

I was big ass postho today lol. I'm gonna miss my computer tomorrow but thank goodness for laptop. Hopefully there will be a picture up sooooooon...even Clay's version of soon is ok.

Whaddya know? Guess Parker's birth is that second wave of cd promotion! :cryingwlaughter:

Muski, I love your posts. You either cheer me up or heat me up, depending on whether you are smutting or not. And I'm with you on Jaymes. I'm only a few years younger and if I got that close to the man himself, I'd at least try to do him. He might be fighting me off, but I'd be trying.

So, has anyone been in touch with Luckiest1 to tell her the news?

Kim

Ok I've thought about this but does anyone else thing Where I Draw the Line could do well. Ashes is middle of the pack for me. WIDTL isn't my favorite song, but I just think it can do well.

I was big ass postho today lol. I'm gonna miss my computer tomorrow but thank goodness for laptop. Hopefully there will be a picture up sooooooon...even Clay's version of soon is ok.

I agree--it think it might have the broadest appeal. It's a little bit country, his voice sounds great, it's catchy. That or one of the ballads--TRM or SL or SAU. ALAWH might do well with some PR and/or a video to push the connection with Jaymes and the UNICEF work. The fan favorites I don't think would do as well, but I could be wrong. I think RCA should do some testing and find out what people like, and then the fans should support the choice.

I love Ashes, I love Falling especially, I love Everything I Don't Need. But reviewers were especially harsh on those songs, and they don't sell well on iTunes either.

I like seeing you post a lot too, Thankful4Clay.

CONGRATULATIONS JAYMES AND CLAY!!!

I can't stop smiling over this. I love the entire name, and it sounds from the blog that Clay is totally excited over this (as well he should be). I'm also extremely glad that everyone is doing well in the family.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I guess it will be hard now to forget Parker's birthday! Hee

This all pretty much sums it up for me. <g>

LOVE the name Parker. Love.

Personnally, I think that when Clay teared up over the baby he was giving medicine to on one of his UNICEF trips was when he became a short timer on the “no kids” aspect of life.

I caught the news coverage about John Edwards.

Made me want to puke, listening to a reporter saying that politicians and celebrities were not entitled to privacy regarding their private lives, and that Edwards needed to admit to the child or fight the rumor. He already denied it, they just want him to say it is true.

Assholes. Guess they figure that just saying that a lot will make it true. Soooooo familiar.

They are literally drooling over the possibility of covering this at the convention.

It is a good newsclip to watch, really, says it all about what is considered news these days.

Did I say assholes?

I love John Edwards and am somewhat disappointed, but my “silver lining” gene tells me that this SHOULD bring up what John McSame did to his first wife. It should. We can hope. Elizabeth Edwards posted on Daily Kos. What a classy, classy woman.

This is a really off-the-wall idea, but it's been running through my head since I first heard the news.

I am two years younger than Jaymes. If I were her, and I was in love with a 29-year-old man who I knew wanted to have his own biological children, I would be hesitant to make a commitment unless I knew I could give him what he wanted.

So, if this is a romantic relationship, does anyone think it's possible that she wanted to give birth before she would make a commitment?

You can tell me if you think I'm just crazy. (I wish I had a 29-year-old lover that looked like Clay so I could test this theory.)

You’re NOT crazy. <g> This crossed my mind as well.

Do I really need to mention that “dear friend” and “romantic relationship” are NOT mutually exclusive? Or that the media MIGHT make it mutually exclusive because they are, by and large, dolts?

They may very well be platonic – but nothing actually said by Clay proves one way or the other.

I find it all incredibly lovely. I love that he referred to himself as daddy in the blog, and to Jaymes as mama, and the baby as the little man. So precious.

:::sigh::: Me too.

And I agree that we have NO idea where Jaymes spends the bulk of her time.

I don't know. I had a C-Section, so things may have been a bit different for me.

And my baby is nearly 33 years old!

I don't think I changed his diaper until we came home. Even with the C-Section I was only in the hospital 3 days.

???

I know DS' daddy didn't change his diaper til we were home!!! :)

ETA:

Then again - my memory SUCKS! :cryingwlaughter:

Nowdays after a C-Section the baby is in the Nursery for the first 24 hours, but you can have the baby in your room as much as you want. It is mainly to give the Mom some rest. After that the baby is in the room and the parents are expected to totally take care of the child. With a Vaginal Delivery the baby stays with Mom the whole time. So I imagine Clay has changed a diaper by now. The reason for this is so the Nursing Staff can evaluate your baby skills and do some teaching if necessary. I bet Clay doesn't need much teaching.

It has changed alot in 33 years. *g*

How do we know Jaymes had a c-section...neither Faye nor Clay mentioned it...or is it just an assumption because of her age.

Kim

So, has anyone been in touch with Luckiest1 to tell her the news?

Kim

I texted her this morning...so she knows!

Since I first heard the song, I've always thought that WIDTL could do quite well as a single. It's a very "traditional" pop song to me (verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, key change, chorus), and it has a Clay Aiken glory note! Plus, I think the lyrics are quite universal to those who have loved and not sure if they can again.

I will have to admit to listening to ALAWH a few extra times today, though. *g*

Thankful, glad you decided to be a post-ho here today. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think the name Parker is great. I suppose it helps that I know someone already that has a son named Parker, but I think that's a nice, strong name.