#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

And then I went and listened to "As Long As We're Here". Man, that's pretty.

17.gif

I cranked up the volume and hit repeat for this one in the car both to & from Columbus this weekend. LOVE it.

Thread title...Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!

Kim

I posted this on another board yesterday, in response to some of the negative posts about Clay's baby sans marriage status, the difference in age between he and Jaymes, and some claiming Clay is not the person he initially claimed to be. It touches on a lot of what's been discussed here already, so the scroll bar might be your friend. Am just adding my o-fish-ul 2 cents.

Sorry that some are having such difficulty with Clay's choices. He is not my child, nor a member of my family. Even if he were, I could not impose my desires on him. This man has always had a mind of his own, he is far older than his years, IMO, and probably has little in common with a lot of people his own age. I don't know him or what motivates him, but I can guess so am just offering the following as "food for thought."

IMO, Clay's life and experiences have made him wary of many things. I believe he no longer trusts easily, and is wary of attachment to anyone new at this point in his life. He obviously cares for and trusts Jaymes and does not question her motives. She meets the strong and independent criteria for the "ideal woman" he described to Ryan Seacrest when he and Kelly C appeared on that show before the start of the IT. Clay has said in the past that any serious relationship for him would have to begin with a friendship, so who knows? He is on record as telling a group of teens that there is a space for male/female relationships between dating and not dating. He told them that platonic friendships between men and women were far more stable than dating relationships because dating relationships often don't last. Perhaps this foundation is what he sees best for raising a child.

As for the traditional marriage first then children? Faye was married twice. Was Clay raised in a happy traditional family environment in either situation? Did Clay ever enjoy a loving relationship with either of his "fathers?" If this child is the result of a loving act, but not a specific "act of love" will he be less loved? How many marital acts of love produce children who are actually wanted? This child will know he is here because his parents did all that they could to bring him into the world. From what I can see, they have committed to each other to raise this child. It's not the first "family" he has put together, is it? What would a piece of paper do to change any of that, except add layers of legal issues and complexities? As for his relationship with his God, I think that has always been and continues to be a very personal one for Clay. His God is who he answers to, nobody else -- especially not fans. He is the same man he has always been IMO. He's the same guy who included a very religious song in the middle of a pop concert to the consternation of many nonreligious fans. He's the same guy who put his career on the line when he threatened to pull contracts for NAT when venues -- sadly, many of them were State fairs -- refused to honor the needs of people with handicaps. He is inclusive in a way that looks past people on the outside and focuses on who they really "are," and this is why many were drawn to him. So why would having a child with an older person seem strange? This is just Clay being himself.

Is this any of my business? Nope. I just wish all of them health, happiness and hope, and long for the day that Clay will be back entertaining me again. As a fan, that is where my focus is. He has always been a man of integrity and I have no reason now to question that. Meantime, my wish is that he get to spend as much time as he can with his son, and that he and Jaymes will allow us just a little access to that part of their lives, so that we can see a picture of the little guy.

I was at work on Friday and was on the computer charting when I decided to go to the news sites because I was stuck in one room for awhile. (We really are not supppose to brose the internet, but I could not stand just sitting there). I was so surpised when I saw it posted. That is all I could read, could not go on any Clay related sites. We have one family computer which I could of went on but It was out for repair of our lock, since someone tried to lift it. I was so happy for him, I called my friend, who does not belong to any message boards and said two words, A boy. She too was very excited. This person had lost 4 babies and had a daughter at age 41 after 15 years of marriage. She was praying all along that things would be ok, and kept saying that he was not talking mainly because of the risk this pregnancy was. Whatever Clay and Jaymes are either Friends or Lovers it is their life and in my opinion this baby was really wanted and will be loved. If IVF was used this did not probably happen in a one time shot, sometimes it takes multiple times and many disappointments. This was well thought out, and I am sure they have worked out what they invision their life to be. I read the messages from fans that are negative and hope they can get by this. He is so talented and I hate to see them tear him down because he does not meet their expectations.

How about "Yes, you are my baby" (extended version)

Or, "I am clearly the King of Confidence."

or, "when you've got all this what could you not be confident about?"

I guess we could change the pronouns a bit......

I am watching the Leno interview again. Was that the last time he was on TV on a talk show?

You all may have found this last week, but I just saw it this morning...

Apparently yesterday, when Park Tae-hawn won the gold medal in men's 400m - they used it again - it is the first gold medal of the Olympics in Korean swimming history.

Someone capped it, and you can download it HERE.

Or watch (listen) here:

th_koreanOlympianpark.jpg

That's so cool about OMWH being played at the Olympics!

That IS what happened, right?

Hey! Carrie's team won all three games of yesterday's tournament! Off now for the semifinals and then, hopefully, the championship game!

I just wish all of them health, happiness and hope, and long for the day that Clay will be back entertaining me again.

I'm with ya there! Yesterday, DH and I were chatting about how long Clay's "paternity leave" will be. Quite selfishly I hope that it will end about Gala time and include at least some Christmas dates. I think it's more likely, though, that Clay won't let that precious little guy out of his sight for many months to come! :F_05BL17blowkiss: As for a picture or pictures being released I sure hope it's Clay that does the releasing and not some sleaze stealing a candid outside somebody's car. I would love to see something similar to the pictures where Clay is holding Chamberlain - those pictures on Quiana's website just melt my heart.

playbiller good work on the Leno clip! I had forgot all about that.

Hey! Carrie's team won all three games of yesterday's tournament! Off now for the semifinals and then, hopefully, the championship game!

It was played on Korean TV - not sure about it being played at the Olympics!

(is that video thumbnail working? It doesn't seem to do anything when I click it!)

After reading here about hateful and judgmental posts on some fan boards, I am glad that I read just here, at CH, CV and LBFCA, occasionally at OFC and GCA. And I'm lucky that I have not come across the ones that you are referring to.

I was 14 when Eisenhower had to send troops into Little Rock Arkansas to protect 9 students being integrated into school. We didn't have television but we did get the daily newspaper and I have never forgotten the expressions of hatred on the distorted faces of the women screaming at those children. It came as a total shock and disappointment to me that women could behave in such a way. But since then, although I find hateful behaviour by women disappointing, I am not surprised by it.

If only the adherents to the major religions of this world all tried their best to live up to the basic tenets of those religions.

playbiller..thanks for posting the Leno clip...the look on Clay's face after he said "I think I'm going to do the extended version later, maybe" now makes sense.

Hmm. CG, when you post a big, double-barreled, no hold barred, aggressive defense in a bitchy way, it's bitchy. I'm sure it's how you are feeling, and I admit, I'm a fair distance from empathy with your feelings about this because it doesn't make a smidgen of sense to me. None. I found out yesterday, that my youngest sister is preggers from my mother, in a throwaway conversation. And it didn't cross my mind to be bothered. And I like my sister. And will probably up babysitting the new one, whenever it shows up. I'm sure one of the reasons I feel totally OK with this because I handled my pregnancy as close as possible to the way Clay handled the one he was involved in. As far as I was concerned, it wasn't anyone's who was not directly involved frickin' business. The worst part of my pregnancy was people I didn't know wanting to touch my fucking belly and giving me unsolicited advice. Hell, it STILL pisses me off.

Using "the kid" in the context of your post was dismissive, the same way people elsewhere use "Aiken" when everyone else says "Clay" - and saying it's a legitimate use doesn't make it any less dismissive.

If you're being bitchy, occasionally people will call you on it. I personally find it best to say upfront when I'm being bitchy.

Well my dear KAndre, I didn't see my post as a "a big, double-barreled, no hold barred, aggressive defense in a bitchy way" post. I thought it was expressed in a calm rational manner. And since the biggest criticism of it seems to be my using the term "kid", I think that shows the post as a whole was not generally considered to be bitchy.

Thing is, if someone doesn't like the use of the words "the kid" they can say it a calm, rational way and explain why they feel that way like Liney and Cotton did, or they can be mean and bitchy like keepingfaith was.

Guess which is more likely to get me to watch how I word things?

Truth is, I was not thinking anything about respect when I wrote "the kid". It is how I talk. I have been using that term in emails and PMs to people and no one told me that was disrespectful. I still do not understand why anyone thinks it is. If my whole post had been about how wonderful "the kid" is, would anyone have seen it as disrespectful? Probably not. I suspect people decided it was disrespectful because I had expressed that I was disappointed in the situation.

Using "the kid" in the context of your post was dismissive, the same way people elsewhere use "Aiken" when everyone else says "Clay" - and saying it's a legitimate use doesn't make it any less dismissive.

I hate to say this, but you are wrong about this. The reason is INTENT. You and a few others may have read it as dismissive. Others did not. There is no definitive rule on this. It is a matter of interpretation so the benefit of the doubt must go to the person who wrote it and what their intent was. As I have said before, my INTENT was NOT to be dismissive. It is just how I talk. I never stopped to consider that there may be a person or two who might find it dismissive because IMO they are over-sensitive about this kid child.

I cannot believe you people are making such a big deal out of my using the words "the kid"! Its not like I called him a bastard - a term, by the way, that NEVER entered my mind until someone mentioned it here!

Chill out people! So I called Clay's perfect little baby the kid! Its not a crime against humanity! They were words used innocently and without any intended disrespect. Geez!

If you're being bitchy, occasionally people will call you on it. I personally find it best to say upfront when I'm being bitchy.

I see NOTHING bitchy about my post. I truly think it was written in a calm, rational manner. I was just pointing what I saw as an irony. I also said:

I am one of the 'bitches" who is not happy about the kid. It has nothing to do with it being a non-traditional family. I don't condemn Clay or Jaymes, just am not happy about it, how he handled it when the news broke and a variety of other things. I have dealt with them and moved on (in my life, not away from the fandom).

I have not been anywhere to read posts spewing crap about this being immoral or passing judgement on Clay on so-call religious grounds etc. Those people really would scare me. They remind me of the zealots who condemned me because I hated YWT. I can understand anger directed at them.

Just to make one thing clear. I am in no way implying the Clay and Jaymes should have taken my happiness into consideration when making this decision. That would be absurd. My unhappiness about it is mine and mine alone. I am in no way implying my feelings should have any bearing on any decision Clay ever makes. He should and will do what he believes is right for him. He will make bad decisions. He will make good ones. But its his life to live, not mine. I am aware of that.

If you all can get past my use of the words "the kid" you will see my disappointment has NOTHING to do with passing out moral judgements. Everyone here knows I am not a religious person - definitely not a Christian - and have in fact been the target of some of these holier-than-thou Christians in regards to Clay. I find them appalling! I have always thought those who try to hold Clay up to some religious or moral level that even Jesus couldn't live up to are wacko. I think spewing awful words about Clay and Jaymes is disgusting and should be stopped. That is NOT where my disappointment comes from. I am allowed to be disappointed in Clay. That is my right. I am not allowed to condemn him for his choice nor pass judgement on him. I did neither.

I have been disappointed in Clay before. I have been angry at him before. And yet I am still here. Why? Because just as I do with the people in my real life, I deal with and move on.

I wish Clay, Jaymes and their kid baby all the happiness in the world. I assume - and hope - they have thought through the special challenges their unconventional family will present. But I personally am not thrilled about this. But that doesn't matter because its their life to live not mine and I know that.

At least I acknowledge I am disappointed. I think there are many others who deep down are too but won't admit it. For example - the number of people shipping Clay and Jaymes, going back through old clack to find evidence that they are really romantically involved and maybe even secretly married. All this despite the fact Clay used the words "my dear friend..." in his blog announcing the birth. IMO he was sending a message loud and clear to the shipping fans and to the curious media as to exactly what their rather unique relationship is. But yet there are some who insist on shipping them. Why? Clay says they are just "dear friends" and he seems fine and happy, so why the need to ship them? IMO I think its because deep down Clay and Jaymes being in love and hopefully secretly married is the only way this makes sense to them. That is being judgmental - covertly, but judgmental all the same. Personally I take Clay at his word. If he says they are dear friends then that is what I believe they are. Doesn't bother me so why bother trying to make their relationship something its not? For all we know, maybe he has someone in his life is romantically involved with who is accepting of the situation with Jaymes and that is why he wants to make that distinction clear. Whatever, it just strikes me odd that some who are jumping with joy over the birth are also shipping him to death. To me that indicates there is something about the whole thing they are not happy with and that seems to be the nature of the relationship between Clay and Jaymes.

Personally I have come to this conclusion. This fandom is now and has always been WAY too involved in Clay's personal life. We (and from this point on when I use the term "we" please know I am talking in generalities about the fandom and am fully aware this does not apply to everyone in the fandom) ship him with any woman he is ever seen with. We dissect his every word. We want to know what he is doing every minute of every day. Even when he makes something quite clear - like his relationship with Jaymes - we try to uncover more about it.

We need to step back. We should have long ago. Perhaps it is because of AI. Perhaps since we voted for him week after week and to some extent are responsible for his having the career he does we feel it is our right to know about every aspect of his life. Perhaps he is right when he says we feel motherly toward him. Many, many mothers try to run their kids' lives even when they are all grown up.

I don't know, but I sure hope we hear little to nothing about this kid child. I hope Clay keeps his private life private - not only from the media but maybe more importantly from us. We need to concentrate on being fans of the only Clay Aiken we know - the entertainer and humanitarian. The other Clay - Clayton if you will - we do not know AT ALL. And we shouldn't. Its unhealthy for us. It is unfair to him. If nothing else, this situation has shown that very clearly.

It seems clear he wants that separation so I hope he keeps the separation intact - and that would mean not giving us updates on his family. He can't have it both ways - sharing parts of his personal life with us and the media and then getting all bent out of shape when we and they want to know more. If he truly wants to keep his private life private then he needs to be consistent, IMO.

And in time this fandom - and maybe the media - will learn the new boundaries. And that, IMO, would be much better for all parties involved.

The man is his own person before he's 'ours'. He's a son and a brother and a grandson and now a father before he is a singer and entertainer---just as I am a daughter and a friend and mother before I am the title on my business card. He deserves the right that we all have---to make our own choices about how we live our lives.

Man I love that. Don't know why but it made me all misty. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It seems clear he wants that separation so I hope he keeps the separation intact - and that would mean not giving us updates on his family. He can't have it both ways - sharing parts of his personal life with us and the media and then getting all bent out of shape when we and they want to know more. If he truly wants to keep his private life private then he needs to be consistent, IMO.

And in time this fandom - and maybe the media - will learn the new boundaries. And that, IMO, would be much better for all parties involved.

Actually, if he is normal, yes he can.

Look, you told us bits of your life, what if we followed up with questions on when you last had sex and what positions did you use? or have you violated your vegetarianism, and don't you dare lie to us because we have other sources and we know you cheat on it,. You are a carnivore!!! We don't have pictures but we have some photoshps here that demonstarte you cheated. That is what Clay gets all the time. I can't be taht rude, but the media and some fans can. I think it is nice when Clay shares stuff and what he shares should be his choice, he is not a monkey to dance on our command, he is a living breathing human being and deserves the normal respect we give to others and expect for ourselves. i do not believe that b ecause he gets up on a stage and we pay for tickets that we have a right to know more than he wants to tell.

JMHO. YMMV and all the shebang of initials.

A little bit more of the Leno clip, thanks to keepingfaith. I think he was bursting to talk about it but was restrained for practical reasons

th_Yesyouaremybaby.jpg

Look, you told us bits of your life, what if we followed up with questions on when you last had sex and what positions did you use? or have you violated your vegetarianism, and don't you dare lie to us because we have other sources and we know you cheat on it,. You are a carnivore!!! We don't have pictures but we have some photoshps here that demonstarte you cheated. That is what Clay gets all the time. I can't be taht rude, but the media and some fans can. I think it is nice when Clay shares stuff and what he shares should be his choice, he is not a monkey to dance on our command, he is a living breathing human being and deserves the normal respect we give to others and expect for ourselves. i do not believe that b ecause he gets up on a stage and we pay for tickets that we have a right to know more than he wants to tell.

He may be normal, but I am not sure this fandom or the media is! In the ideal world he should be able to share the parts of his private life he wants to share and not have people try and go beyond that. But this is not an ideal world.

And just to be clear, but when I read what you wrote to me it seemed to be implying that I think its ok to dig, dig, dig and I think its ok to make him a monkey to dance on our command and that I think its our right because we buy tickets and cds to demand he tells us more than he wants to. Maybe it was just your wording, but I NEVER said that or implied it nor do I for one second believe it and never have. Quite the opposite.

Since so much of what I have said in the last 24-hours has been misinterpreted I just wanted to make that clear.

The whole tone of the initial post was bitchy. And I'm using "bitchy" to describe taking shit personally when it doesn't appear to be aimed at you. It was very aggressively defensive. Which boils done to bitchy to me. If you see nothing bitchy in it, maybe you ought to read it again. It did not in the least bit come across in a calm, rational manner. Bitter, yes.

Yes, you are allowed to be disappointed in Clay. By the same token, we are allowed to be disappointed in you and each other. We seem to go through this about every three months or so.

Everybody is at a different place in their fandom, and I frankly believe the majority aren't in to either shipping Clay or thinking he's a goddam idiot. Most fans I honestly believe put their Clay fandom and/or interest in the appropriate place in their life. A very few don't. Most fans I know are only fans of the "public Clay". They are saying "Congratulations" and move on. Clay doesn't need to be any more consistent that anyone else. As private as I am, I still share stuff. On my terms. If you don't like my terms, you are under no obligations to listen or care. The same goes for Clay.

Oh, CG, I agree by far that the fandom and media go too far and they do demand the monkey to dance. I read your sentence as if it is a command, if you give a little, you have to give it all up. The comment on your vegetrianism was really not meant personally, but once I got into it, is seemed like such a great parallel to the media and OTT fans and Clay's sex life, well.... The thing is Clay does not talk about his sex life, so all those questions seem off topic to me. Anyway, I just wanted to make a point about talking a little about your life and than some idiot (I was playing a role muckh like Dian Sawyer with Clay, I really don't ask people personal questions) would start in making stupid invasive comments that were not really acceptable follow up, like fans and media.

I look forward to Clay sharing like he has shared other parts of his life....he doesn't give us a runing diary but we get little glimpses now and then. For the baby I'm sure he'll keep things closer to his vest but I bet we get a picture and an acedote or two as time goes by. It's not all or nothing to me and never has been with him.

ETA: I don't agree that shipping is judgemental. As long as people aren't posting anything as gospel and trying to shove it down anyone's throat as gospel. You can counter anything said with your own opinion. If Clay and Jaymes are not in a romantic relationship, and I'm on the dearest of friends train, then I'm sure they have discussed all the ramifications of their decision to have a child together including what will happen if EITHER of them fall in love with someone else and how to handle it for themseles and their baby. Speculation is speculation.

exactly ..me too Cotton.

Oh, from the beginning of IIU *g*, I felt strongly that we would hear bits of "Life with Baby" banter in concert.

I expect the funny to come out much more in concert than I do discussions of Parker in interviews,etc.

But - as good as Clay is at taking life's moments and finding the humor in them, I just can not imagine him not laughing about Parker antics onstage, just the way he pulls in life on the road into the banter.

I DO NOT expect Parker Foster Aiken to be fair game for the media or direct personal questions AT ALL!

But I do see Clay revealing bits of fatherhood ON HIS TERMS and at his choosing.

I look forward to that! I just don't believe he'll be able to stop himself from laughing - at himself and his fatherly gaffs and at just funny things children do.

Of course I could be wrong and often am! :)

I believe it was played on Korean TV that way, not the Olympics themselves as I don't THINK they would do the "commercial" thing. I believe also that the clip has been enhanced (by the poster) to feature OMWH a bit more than it likely was originally. But I think it's still very cool!

I look forward to Clay sharing like he has shared other parts of his life....he doesn't give us a runing diary but we get little glimpses now and then. For the baby I'm sure he'll keep things closer to his vest but I bet we get a picture and an acedote or two as time goes by. It's not all or nothing to me and never has been with him.

Oh, from the beginning of IIU *g*, I felt strongly that we would hear bits of "Life with Baby" banter in concert.

I expect the funny to come out much more in concert than I do discussions of Parker in interviews,etc.

But - as good as Clay is at taking life's moments and finding the humor in them, I just can not imagine him not laughing about Parker antics onstage, just the way he pulls in life on the road into the banter.

I DO NOT expect Parker Foster Aiken to be fair game for the media or direct personal questions AT ALL!

But I do see Clay revealing bits of fatherhood ON HIS TERMS and at his choosing.

I look forward to that! I just don't believe he'll be able to stop himself from laughing - at himself and his fatherly gaffs and at just funny things children do.

Of course I could be wrong and often am! :)

I don't think so! I think that's exactly what WILL happen, and IMO SHOULD happen....ie, normal stuff anyone would say in conversation! I'm looking forward to it.

Aw, you're welcome, Scarlett! *HUGS*

:thbighug-1: Gibby!!! Been missing your pictures lately. I know we're waiting to see certain ones but it's still good to look over what we have!

For Scarlett and anyone else who is into quilting and doesn't already know about this site....

Quilter's Cache

Scarlett, a while back you were talking about quilt patterns; the above site has been in existence for years...and years....and is a HUGE resource for free patterns for quilt blocks of many different types. Simple, complex and everything in between, there are zillions there, and more added every month.

Click on the picture to get a pattern and usually some examples done in different fabrics, and a picture of what a whole quilt done in the block might look like.

Here's another decent one.....Jinny Beyer's site. These tend to be more complex, but again there are tons of them, and they're free.

My favorite online fabric site....EQuilter.com...if there is a fabric they don't have for quilting, you don't need it. :lol: They're very good to deal with.

....and my favorite quilting software....EQ. I've used this for about 10 yrs and never had a problem, and of course they upgrade it regularly. The current version is EQ6, and they have great support and lots of fun stuff, as you can see by this website.

Clay content? Hope Sweet P is home, laying about on the quilt on his bed, with his Daddy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh those are wonderful links, FromClaygary!!! Thanks very much for gathering and posting these. :thankyou:

I hope I don't do too badly with my first one.

Wishing a nice Sunday to everyone -- it's baby's First Sunday!!! :)

ETA:

Maybe it seems like I'm ignoring a lot but as I've seen with families... news always brings reactions and then there's a lot of energy expended and then things settle down. I'll wait it out on this one.

CG ...I think a lot of message board communication is about perception. Right now what I get from your post is that you have a problem with Jaymes and Clay and Parker. What I do appreciate is your recognition that its not your business but its still clear from your posts that you are bitter about this...not just about the baby but about Clay and Jaymes. I do believe you are right...it is that bitterness that comes out from your posts that makes your use of the term "the kid" more meaningful and grating. Also its that bitterness that colors your posts and makes it sound really bitchy to a lot of readers.

I kinda feel your opinion about no shipping and no talking about the baby is based on your own aversion to the Clay and Jaymes relationship and the fact that it has produced a child. I do think that it is up to Clay to share what he wants and clearly...from his blog...he does intend to share some of his family life with us...just on his own schedule and based on his and Jaymes own comfort level. I for one would be very happy if he shares some anecdotes and pictures with us.

Now you will probably come back and say that is not how you feel and not what you intend to say but that is what I have perceived. I think it would be good if you can go back and reread your posts with an objective eye if you think people are constantly misinterpreting your intent.

Shipping Jaymes and Clay is judgmental??? even if I agree with you that his use of dear friend indicates that it is a platonic relationship...I still don;t get how hoping they have a romantic relationship and thinking that means that people are judging them...that is a fairly huge leap IMO and I think is pretty much influenced by your own feelings about them as a couple.

I really don't get why people will be disappointed with the fact that Clay and Jaymes have this baby. Disappointment to me indicates that you didn't get the outcome you wanted... So I can see being disappointed in a product if you didn't enjoy it...but his choice of mother to his child? even his choice to have a child? Why should that be disappointing? Why? what kind of future did you want for him? Does that really affect our life in anyway as to make a person bitter and angry about his choices?

Just wanted to say how much I agree with this. Whatever Clay decides to share about his new life as a dad should be entirely his choice. Telling us how much fun he's having, or showing a photo of him (what proud dad doesn't show his baby's pics whenever possible, to anybody who will look, even when that person has seen them fifty thousand times and purposely avoids making eye contact so they won't be subjected to them for the fourteenth time today... oh, sorry - that was just me, lol) anyway... that doesn't mean that his whole life is open for comment. It's not an all or nothing deal. He, and every other celebrity, indeed every other human being should have the right to decide where the line is. Just because some celebs choose to live their lives on the covers of magazines, that doesn't make the ones who don't fair game. To use play's example - Clay telling Dianne Sawyer that the baby keeps him up all night does not make 'and who are you having sex with while you're awake' a fair question.

And on the other topic - I don't believe for a minute that there is any 'secret' marriage. I think if Clay married Jaymes he would acknowledge it proudly, just like he did the birth of their son. I don't need Clay to marry Jaymes. Their relationship is their business (though I have absolutely no doubt about their love for each other). I do want Clay to be happy and by all accounts he is - very much so. They have a child that will be raised knowing unconditional love, and knowing love by example, regardless if that example is two married parents. I know many, many people who would have gladly traded their parent's marriage certificate for that.