#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Absolutely the most important thing - he's HAPPY!

I wonder how many of his SPAM friends he and Jaymes have heard from?!

You know they had to know - with Jaymes right there in NYC for most if not all Clay's time there.

I know the cast has changed a lot since Clay left. But I bet they've been getting well-wishes and congrats and flowers galore!

That's so cool about OMWH being played at the Olympics!

That IS what happened, right?

I believe it was played on Korean TV that way, not the Olympics themselves as I don't THINK they would do the "commercial" thing. I believe also that the clip has been enhanced (by the poster) to feature OMWH a bit more than it likely was originally. But I think it's still very cool!

For the record - that clip wasn't enhanced by me! And as far as I know, the person who capped it ripped it right from the Korean TV webpage. No enhancement (that I know of) that wasn't done by the TV station. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The whole tone of the initial post was bitchy. And I'm using "bitchy" to describe taking shit personally when it doesn't appear to be aimed at you. It was very aggressively defensive. Which boils done to bitchy to me. If you see nothing bitchy in it, maybe you ought to read it again. It did not in the least bit come across in a calm, rational manner. Bitter, yes.

I did go back and read it - several times. I still do not see bitchy or bitter.

CG ...I think a lot of message board communication is about perception. Right now what I get from your post is that you have a problem with Jaymes and Clay and Parker. What I do appreciate is your recognition that its not your business but its still clear from your posts that you are bitter about this...not just about the baby but about Clay and Jaymes. I do believe you are right...it is that bitterness that comes out from your posts that makes your use of the term "the kid" more meaningful and grating. Also its that bitterness that colors your posts and makes it sound really bitchy to a lot of readers.

I kinda feel your opinion about no shipping and no talking about the baby is based on your own aversion to the Clay and Jaymes relationship and the fact that it has produced a child. I do think that it is up to Clay to share what he wants and clearly...from his blog...he does intend to share some of his family life with us...just on his own schedule and based on his and Jaymes own comfort level. I for one would be very happy if he shares some anecdotes and pictures with us.

Now you will probably come back and say that is not how you feel and not what you intend to say but that is what I have perceived. I think it would be good if you can go back and reread your posts with an objective eye if you think people are constantly misinterpreting your intent.

Shipping Jaymes and Clay is judgmental??? even if I agree with you that his use of dear friend indicates that it is a platonic relationship...I still don;t get how hoping they have a romantic relationship and thinking that means that people are judging them...that is a fairly huge leap IMO and I think is pretty much influenced by your own feelings about them as a couple.

I really don't get why people will be disappointed with the fact that Clay and Jaymes have this baby. Disappointment to me indicates that you didn't get the outcome you wanted... So I can see being disappointed in a product if you didn't enjoy it...but his choice of mother to his child? even his choice to have a child? Why should that be disappointing? Why? what kind of future did you want for him? Does that really affect our life in anyway as to make a person bitter and angry about his choices?

Ansa, I love you but you are sooooooooo off the mark with me I don't know where to begin. Isn't it possible everyone is reading my posts with a defensiveness already in place because there is an expectation that my posts will be contrary to popular opinion? I have reread my posts and I do not see bitchiness AT ALL. Unless bitchy means bucking popular opinion.

Now, let me TRY and clarify where you are wrong about what I think and what I said.

I kinda feel your opinion about no shipping and no talking about the baby is based on your own aversion to the Clay and Jaymes relationship and the fact that it has produced a child.

I have no aversion to Clay and Jaymes or the fact they had a child together or whatever their relationship may be. I never said I did, nor even alluded to it so I if this is what you got from my post you are reading things into it that are not there.

Shipping Jaymes and Clay is judgmental??? even if I agree with you that his use of dear friend indicates that it is a platonic relationship...I still don;t get how hoping they have a romantic relationship and thinking that means that people are judging them...that is a fairly huge leap IMO and I think is pretty much influenced by your own feelings about them as a couple.

Again you say I have an aversion to them as a couple. Again I never said that. And I didn't think ALL shipping was judgmental. All I said was I believed SOME who still are shipping them are doing so because that would make this whole situation make more sense to them, even make it more palatable. SOME probably are having some problems with the untraditional nature of their relationship but are not admitting it and IF Clay and Jaymes were indeed a couple, despite what Clay said, it would make it all ok for them and they would feel better about it. For those who are shipping for those reasons, I think that is judgmental for they are essentially saying they don't approve of their relationship as it is - platonic and having a baby together. Even your comment "I still don;t get how hoping they have a romantic relationship and thinking that means that people are judging them" to me speaks of a judgement. I mean why would you hope this for them? Hoping something for them implies you want something better for them. So that implies you believe if they were involved romantically that would be better for them than just being "dear friends" which in turn implies that there is something wrong with them being just "dear friends". That is judgmental IMO.

And I really do not understand why anyone doubts they have a platonic relationship. Clay said they did. What, his word isn't good enough for you?

I stand by my statement that some who want and/or believe that Clay and Jaymes are not just "dear friends" need them to be more than "dear friends" and that to me is judgmental.

I really don't get why people will be disappointed with the fact that Clay and Jaymes have this baby. Disappointment to me indicates that you didn't get the outcome you wanted... So I can see being disappointed in a product if you didn't enjoy it...but his choice of mother to his child? even his choice to have a child? Why should that be disappointing? Why? what kind of future did you want for him? Does that really affect our life in anyway as to make a person bitter and angry about his choices?

No one has to IMO justify their feelings. They are feelings. They don't need to be dissected, rationalized or defended. You don't have to get it. You just have to accept that not everyone feels the way you do. And as long as they express themselves in a respectful manner (which I think I did - and I KNOW I tried to do), you need to respect their feelings. Sometimes you feel things and its hard to put your finger on why. I am disapointed NOT because I don't approve, NOT because I have an aversion to Clay and Jaymes or their decision to have a baby together, or any of the commonly thought reasons. I just am. I have come to understand why. I am not sharing those reasons here because I don't want to feel I have to defend myself. KAndre said you all are allowed to be disappointed in me. Well, you can be, but I am not sure why you would be as I doubt I am held to any high standards here. But feel free to be disappoointed in me. I am disappointed in many on this board right now. I am disappointed in keepingfaith and her over the top bitchy comment to me about the use of the words "the kid". I am disappointed that so many read my posts already deciding what I mean instead of reading what I write. I am disappointed in the fact so many here constantly prejudge me.

I know some of you are over the moon happy for Clay. I don't get that just like you don't get that I am not. But I respect your right to be happy about it. I just wish the respect was mutual.

I am so tired of having to defend my every thought and opinion and feeling here. I have no problem with those who disagree with me, but when I am told I mean something I don't or that I am being dismissive when I'm not or bitchy and bitter when I am not, and that my feelings make no sense, then it leaves me having to defend my right to say what I think. It also once again makes me feel as if only one mindset is permitted here. I know that isn't true in theory, but perhaps as you asked me to reread what I wrote to see how others may see it, you all should reread yours to see how I may take it. And while you may think I am the only one who is thinking what I am thinking, I am not. I know others who have the same disappointment and are not judging Clay or Jaymes. They just are afraid to express it on a board where they know they will be treated like a pariah.

And how disappointing is that.

CG I remember a post you made after the news first surfaced and you said the thought of Clay and Jaymes having a baby together made you want to vomit (paraphrasing here, and I probably got it wrong, but the word vomit was used) that sounds like an aversion to me.

I would love to understand where you are coming from, but since you won't or haven't said why you are disappointed in Clay, I really can't understand.

Kim

You mean this one. I was just looking it up:

And the thought that he and Jaymes may be romantically involved - IIT - makes me want to vomit. So sue me.

And yes, I still want, need and think he owes us a statement. So sue me.

And I still am leaning toward it not being true. I keep thinking of those Canadian articles and the quote from Jaymes' former sister-in-law and still friend where she said Clay is NOT the father. Funny how those articles have just been conveniently forgotten - and never noticed by the the US media.

And unless his new bio contains a confirmation or a denial, I am not interested.

And I am so sick of this subject I could scream!

And I wish I could be as calm and rational and smart as JennaZ when I grow up.

**sigh** Fat chance on that happening. Calm, rational, or grown-up just don't seem likely. Smart, maybe on a good day. But the rest? Highly unlikely. Especially on this subject.

***Slinks back into lurkdom with a heavy sigh***

Maybe, right this minute, Clay is holding that little tiny guy on his chest, over his heart, and kissing his little head.

I don't care about anything else.

I have no need for Clay and Jaymes to be married or in a relationship.

I have said that my son immediately said, "Oh. He's helping out a friend.", when I told him about the IIT, accepting it immediately as making sense to him. He wants children and his wife doesn't. So he empathizes with their situation.

I don't need them to be married. I just see people getting upset about the 'out of wedlock' thing and I don't think we have all the information. So I have a hard time seeing being upset.

I also think that Jaymes is very private. Have we even ever seen an interview with her about anything? Ever seen her on camera except peripherally with Clay? I wonder how much of the 'quiet' was in deference to her and her shunning of the spotlight?

To tell you the truth, I'm a bit jealous of Faye today.

I'm afraid my DS's marriage is headed for a breakup. I've never asked him about children, feeling that the decision is theirs. But since he told me the direction things are going - we've known for about a month, I guess - I have been seeing Mama and Daddy's 'line' dying. And it just makes me sad. And sad for DS. He absolutely lights up when he's around children. And doesn't mind saying he wants children. He's 32. I know it's not too late. But it certainly is not on the horizon now.

I'm so happy that for Clay, this dream is now a reality. He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Someone on a board I was reading alluded to this interview. So sorry that I don't remember who, or which board. At any rate, I found a transcript, done by walkiki at CH:

INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT (unofficial)

On Air with Ryan Seacrest

KIIS-FM 102.7, Los Angeles

November 14, 2006

Ryan Seacrest, Ellen K, Clay Aiken

This is a transcript of the interview as downloaded from the KIIS Web site.

Quote:

Ryan: OH MAN.

Ellen: Oh. Man.

?: He's here.

R: Hang on, hang on, Clay, don't say anything yet. Don't say anything yet. He's here and I got to, like, I've got to play with his hair. It's obligatory.

E: I love it.

R: It's so long. You should get over there and do a pony tail.

E: I love it.

Clay: (laughs)

R: Hey Laurie, good morning, in Placentia. How are you?

L: Good morning. I'm good, thank you. How are you?

R: Fantastic. It's old home week. Clay Aiken's with with us.

L: Alright.

C: Where did you say she was from?

R: Uh, she's from Placentia.

C: Placent-A. That's what you said.

R: No, Placent-IA.

C: I'm pretty sure you said placenta.

R: I know the difference between a Placent-IA and a placent-A.

E: You do. Yes, you do.

R: My buddy just had a baby. My buddy [indecipherable name] just had a baby yesterday.

C: Did they bury it in the yard?

E: (gasps)

C: No, 'cause that's a ... no, wait wait wait ... not the baby! The placenta!

E: Ohhhh. (laughs)

C: Not the baby.

R: Even the Claymates got pissed for a second.

C: (laughs loudly) No, the placenta. You're from The South. You're supposed to bury the placenta in the yard.

E: But now you put it in the freezer.

R: I think you put it in a jar. Hang on for a second.

C: In the freezer?

E: I'll tell you why after the break.

C: But wait but wait ... the poor girl called in and she hasn't gotten to speak yet.

R: All Laurie wants to do is go to a Jingle Ball concert. That's all she wants. Laurie, you're caller 102. You're going. Enjoy.

L: Alright. Woohoo. Thank you.

R: Now just so we can get back to this before we get to the many things Clay Aiken is doing. When you have a baby, you clip the placenta.

C: No. Well, it actually just comes out.

E: It comes out ...

C: The umbilical cord is what you're thinking of.

E: When the baby is growing in your belly, it is in a bubble of fluids and all kinds of nutrients.

C: Do you have a diagram? (laughs)

E: So we're starting there, ok. That is when the baby is attached to the umbilical cord and there's a bunch of stuff attached to that.

R: I thought the umbilical cord and the placenta were the same thing-ish.

E: Well, they are -ish, because they're connected. But, you give birth to the baby, cut the cord, then all the stuff that was keeping that baby sustained goes ...

C: (makes gushing sound)

E: (makes whooshing sound) in a ...

R: Well, what's the water?

E: The water is just a sac around the baby.

R: Your words ... your words are ...

E: The placenta is all the nutrients going into that umbilical cord feeding your baby.

R: Is the water different from the placenta?

E: Yes, it is. The water is the protective sac of fluid and the placenta is the ...

R: Stop using the word "sac."

E: (laughs) Go ahead, Clay.

C: In the South, we bury them in the yard, but why do you put them in the freezer?

R: Why do you put them in the yard!?

C: That was the thing. It's like fertilizer: It's nutrients. Right?

E: Yes, it is. Well, you can freeze it and then in case you ever need ...

C: Are really hungry!? What!?

E: Uh no, but if you ever need it for your baby, you can ...

R: Aiken's growing dogwood trees with the placenta.

C: You can. Well, it's fertilizer.

E: Because it's pure nutrients and that's what your baby ...

R: How do you know so much about babies, Clay?

C: Hm? I'm not allowed to speak about that.

E: Because you said when it comes out it goes whoosh. How did you know how it feels, because that's exactly how it feels?

C: I didn't say how it felt!

E: It goes whoosh.

C: I said gush.

R: Can we talk about the Clay Aiken holiday symphony tour?

C: Can we please.

R: I can't, with all due respect to my friends who just had a baby named Jett yesterday ...

E: With two t's.

R: ... this is all the baby talk I can take. I can't handle it.

E: That's a long skinny baby, seven pounds, 21 inches. That's a long skinny baby.

R: Is it a skinny baby? Do you know how much you weighed when you were born?

C: I think I was really small, like six-something.

R: How you been?

C: I'm OK.

R: He's got long hair now.

E: I love the long hair, Clay.

C: Thank you. I don't really know what to do with it.

E: Do you get good response?

C: Um, uh, not all the time.

E: Oh. I like it.

C: But I never really have. So ... (giggles)

E: Oh, I think it's cool.

R: That's not true.

C: It's not as easy to do. When it is short, you can just wake up and ...

R: You look totally different. It's like when I met you, you looked different, then when you were on Idol, you looked different. Now, you look like a totally different guy.

C: I'm trying to finally get to decent, presentable. One of these days.

R: What are you? Twenty-eight years old now?

C: Yeah, almost.

R: You're growing up on us. That's what it is. Clay Aiken's ... he's almost 28 years old.

E: I know.

R: Now, why is it you choose to live in North Carolina. I mean a lot of your business is here in Hollywood or New York. Why is it you choose to live in North Carolina?

C: It's just quieter and, you know, family's there. I know my way around. There's no traffic. I don't know, I just feel at home there a little bit more.

R: Clay's got an album out. It's got all kinds of covers. Everything from one of my favorites, my first concert ever, Richard Marx. He does Right Here Waiting for You.

E: C'mon. That's your first concert song.

R: That's the first concert I ever went to, was Richard Marx. What was your first concert, do you remember?

C: I don't ... I think it was probably James Taylor, something like that. I've never been a big concert goer.

R: No?

C: No. Just mine.

R: Well (laugh) which is fair.

C: Which I encourage everyone to do as well.

R: A Thousand Different Ways is this album. Why'd you decide to do all these covers?

C: Well, it was really Clive's idea. He kind of wanted to pay tribute to all these love songs and so he told us to go find the best love songs of the past thirty years and remake them and kind of let us do them our own way.

R: These are songs to make out to.

C: Yes.

R: Because You Love Me. You do Journey, you do Celine, you do Richard Marx.

C: We even do Dolly Parton.

R: C'mon.

C: Here You Come Again.

R: My Baby Takes a Morning Train?

C: That's not Dolly Parton. (laughs)

R: Oh, that's not Dolly Parton? Should have been. Who sings (sings) my baby tears ... Sheena Easton? Well, you should do some Sheena Easton. Of course, Denis right out of the gate with that one. There's no prize. (everyone laughing)

E: Is Clive going to team you up with Whitney, on anything?

C: Oh Lord. No.

E: No?

C: I don't think so.

R: I heard he was.

C: Really?!

R: No.

C: (laughs)

R: But it seems like an interesting ... I mean, what a headline: Clay Aiken and Whitney Houston with the comeback tour.

E: You can help her with her comeback, you know, get her through her nittery ... jittery nerves.

C: Jittery nerves? It's a tongue-twister day today.

R: How would you say you are different from Whitney Houston?

C: Uh, not in many ways. (everyone laughs)

R: Alright. It's 9:43. We're going to come back with Clay.

(break)

R: We're being thoroughly entertained by Clay Aiken at 9:47. Something about this conversation makes me say, "I don't want to go at 10."

E: Lets stick around.

R: I want to do the extended version.

C: That's a lot of pressure on me.

R: No, it's not. You've got 12 minutes to fill. You'll be great.

C: Oh Lord.

R: So tell me about this holiday thing you're doing. You're doing the Clay Aiken holiday symphony tour. Most of these dates I'm looking at are on the East Coast.

C: Yeah, well, we didn't do a regular Christmas tour this year. We decided to go out where symphonies were. Now my nose really itches for whatever reason.

R: It's anti-shine.

C: Apparently so. For the radio. I have a face for radio. Um. We decided to go out where orchestras were and we're just going to do the Christmas show with full orchestra, which is exciting for me, because I've never really done a show with a complete, full orchestra, like a whole bunch of people.

R: This is primarily, though, on the East Coast. Is that right?

C: Right. That's where people called us the first. We only have three weeks. So we did it first come, first serve and that worked easier.

R: What's the deal with these Claymates and this Clay Nation and these people who follow you wherever you go? I mean, these are diehard fans. If I say anything slightly sarcastic about you ...

C: Why would you do that?

R: Because it's all in good fun.

C: I don't think it's fun. (people in studio laugh)

R: I told you he's getting too serious. He's taking life way too serious.

E: He's serious. Look at his face.

C: (laughs) I'm OK.

R: By the way, this guy's heard everything. Not just from me. Out of the two people in the universe, we get our fair share of jokes in the monologue about us and we're the butt of a joke.

E: That is true.

C: Yeah. I kind of appreciate it more when it is about him than when it is about me. I mean I like you, but I'm happy for you to take the hit. Sorry.

R: I watched you take plenty of heat on your press tour.

C: Good, well, you know, that's what you do.

R: I mean, how about you and Diane Sawyer?

C: We're buddies now.

R: No way.

C: Yeah, we are.

R: Wait a minute, let me take you back to the moment. (plays the "it's rude" section from GMA interview)

C: (speaking over the beginning of the clip) He's got it cued up!

R: Alright now ...

C: That's funny how you had that cued up and ready.

E: Oh, we have more.

C: Like this is all he's been wanting to do all day.

E: We have more.

C: All morning he was ready for this. He didn't even have to turn his head.

R: Yeah, I talked about your tour and that other stuff just to warm you up.

C: Just to warm up. (laughs loudly)

R: This is what I really wanted to go for. No. I thought it was a bit uncomfortable when she started asking you questions about your sexual orientation. And, that's what that was in reference to, yeah?

C: Um, yeah, but ... I mean, it's kind of something that we've all become used to, right?

R: I've become used to it. People ask me three times a day. And that's just in the studio.

C: (laughs loudly)

R: But, Clay, after that conversation with Diane, did you feel like, ok maybe I should touch base with her and clear the air?

C: No, not really. She ... um ... I think everybody has a job to do, right? And I don't appreciate their jobs necessarily all the time , but you do what you need to do. And she's always been really supportive. So she did ... I kind of knew what I was getting myself into.

R: You said you became friends, or you sort of patched things up. How'd you do that?

C: I don't know. We didn't necessarily -- we didn't have a fight. Good Lord, I didn't hit the woman! She didn't hit me!

R: Yeah, I know, but it was an awkward moment.

E: It's awkward, but then the camera stopped and it's business as usual, right, and you're great.

C: Then we hugged and made out and everything was good!

R: That'll show her.

E: She a good kisser?

C: (laughs louder)

R: So there's no issue between the two of you?

C: None at all. Now, you and I after today, hmmph. We'll see. With your trigger finger over there. "Let me take you back to the moment." (laughing)

E: You know when your next record is out you'll be licking at Ryan's ankles, getting back on the air, getting in good.

R: With all due respect Ellen K.

E: What?

R: Clay Aiken is not going to lick my ankles.

C: Hello! Licking? Sac? Oh, she's got a dirty mouth.

E: It's a figure of speech, like a dog.

R: What's wrong with you?

E: Nothing's wrong. You never heard that term before?

R: No.

C: No. Never.

R: Never in my life.

E: Licking at your heels. You've never heard that.

C: Nipping. That's the word. (laughs hysterically)

R: It's like Jack Frost at your nose. He doesn't lick you nose. He's nipping at your nose.

E: Well, I stand corrected.

R: (sings) I take the morning train.

C: (to Ellen) Are you embarassed?

E: No.

C: Are you embarassed, because your face is really red?

E: I'm not embarassed.

C: Then why's your face so red?

E: I don't know, Clay. Stop looking at me.

R: You're more embarassed than Clay is.

E: I am.

R: Hey Clay. There was also a serious story in People magazine about you suffering from panic attacks.

C: I'm having one right now. (joking)

R: How are you doing?

C: I'm fine. I'm doing a lot better.

R: Do you suffer from them still?

C: No, I'm pretty heavily medicated. (laughs)

R: Oh, these tours are going to be the best ever. He pops a couple of pills and he goes out and sings, "Jack Frost licking at your nose." (Clay and Ellen laugh) We'll be right back with Clay Aiken. It's 9:52 on KIIS-FM.

(break)

R: That's Akon. Smack That. 9:55. And his full name is ... (plays tape of Akon saying his full name). Meanwhile, Clay Aiken joins us.

C: What?

R: That's his full name. Akon. He was here this morning.

C: What is it again? (tape plays again)

R: He has like 15 names.

E: His father is from Senegal. So.

R: Yeah, and he's got ... What's your middle name?

C: Huh?

R: His name is Lulululu.

C: Mine's (mimicks cheek-popping sound heard at the end of Akon recitation of his names)

R: Clay, by the way, is going to be at the American Music Awards next Tuesday. Filling in for Regis on Friday. That'll be fun. You're doing a soap, aren't you?

C: I'm doing Days of Our Lives.

R: Days of Our Lives. Today?

C: Well, we're going to tape it today. Sometime in December.

R: So what are you playing?

C: What am I playing? I'm playing me. Very boring.

R: And what's the storyline?

C: Me making out with Diane Sawyer. (Ryan and Ellen laugh) No, I think -- I don't really know if I'm allowed to tell -- but I think I'm singing for two people who are in love or something like that.

R: So you're doing a show, and do you have dialog as well?

C: A little bit. Just a little bit. They don't let me talk that much. Because we end up talking about placentas and whatnot.

R: Why'd you want to do Days?

C: Well, we went and asked another soap and they said, "Nope." (laughs)

E: Oh no.

R: Lets just say when you're in the dark, you might just need this to get out of the room.

C: Yes.

E: Oh that one.

C: Yeah, well, oops. Apparently, it got a kind of a big press hit, you know, when we did Days of Our Lives. A lot of people talked about it. So, they got some press out of it and I guess this other soap didn't get any press. So (makes raspberry noise) on them.

R: Alright. In December, Clay's going to be on the Clay Aiken Holiday Symphony tour. You can go to ticketmaster.com for information on that. A third album, A Thousand Different Ways. In stores now. Ten cover versions of love songs and some originals, too?

C: Yeah.

R: Four originals?

C: Four originals and one of them we're doing on Days.

R: Well, it's good to see you, man. Thanks for coming by this morning.

C: Good to be here. Thank you very much. For the education, too.

E: Your welcome, Clay.

R: A step closer to childbirth.

That's so cool about OMWH being played at the Olympics!

That IS what happened, right?

I believe it was played on Korean TV that way, not the Olympics themselves as I don't THINK they would do the "commercial" thing. I believe also that the clip has been enhanced (by the poster) to feature OMWH a bit more than it likely was originally. But I think it's still very cool!

For the record - that clip wasn't enhanced by me! And as far as I know, the person who capped it ripped it right from the Korean TV webpage. No enhancement (that I know of) that wasn't done by the TV station. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Whoops, sorry, didn't mean you at all cha cha! I meant the ORIGINAL poster of the information and the yousendit. Snowluv at CV I think, but I could be wrong. The reason I think it's been enhanced is the swell of the music at the end from the very, very faint background it was at the beginning~and the fact that at that point, the broadcasters are clearly speaking, as you can see their lips moving....but you can't hear them. Just looks like a fan amendment to me, and that's fine...as I said, it's cool, whatever....

Geez, do you people keep track of my every word? *g*

Ok, as is clear in that quote, I was referring to the idea of the two of them being romantically involved - which I admit does not appeal to me. But they are NOT romantically involved according to Clay and the relationship and discussion today - not 2 months ago - in question is one of dear friends who chose to have a baby together. It is that relationship, the one that apparently actually exists, that I do not have any aversion to.

I believe that Ansa made her assumptions based on what I have said in the last 24 hours, but perhaps she too had cataloged what I said 2 months ago!

Hopefully that clears that up!

And Kim, I would explain my feelings and I think actually I did before, but I really feel if I tried I would just be put on the defensive. If I can find my posts about it, I will repost them so maybe you can understand. But know, the reasons are just mine and have no basis in common sense or logic. But they don't have to. They are just my feelings.

CG, as others have indicated, there is a history there...it really is tough to read your posts without perceptions being colored by your own words in the past.

If you do not want to explain where the disappointment comes from...that's cool.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell, for me. To express disappointment in another person's life choices, especially someone who is not related to you in any way, is foreign to me. How does it affect your life enough that you feel disappointment? (This is not aimed at anyone in particular, I am using "you" in a generic way. I don't think that people are required to explain their feelings, I'm just trying to understand.) I guess I am just not wired that way. *g*

I know some of you are over the moon happy for Clay. I don't get that just like you don't get that I am not. But I respect your right to be happy about it. I just wish the respect was mutual.

How can I not be over-the-moon happy for Clay, when he is obviously over-the-moon happy with this "little man"? It's his life, and I want him to be happy. It's a no brainer, to me. Never mind the fact that I would be over-the-moon happy for any loving parent or couple who is lucky enough to deliver a healthy baby. Of course, I am one of those "baby people". Heh. I love babies. Always have. :wub:

Maybe, right this minute, Clay is holding that little tiny guy on his chest, over his heart, and kissing his little head.

Oh God, are you trying to kill me? What a mental picture. Can't wait for a real snapshot (if Clay & Jaymes decide to share).

He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

thread title?

CG, on this issue, I honestly don't know how I'd discuss it amongst Clay fans if I were upset so I'd probably say nothing. So I can understand people being upset and not wanting to talk about it openly. It's tough to interject those feelings into what is essentially a celebration. First and foremost I'm a Clay supporter, it's the reason I'm here so don't know how to be supportive of anyone's unhappiness while at the same time being so thrilled for Clay because he's so obviously happy.

Wandacleo..yeah that's a cool image you present. And that's what I choose to focus on now.

There's no way what we post is put in a vacuum and kept separate from everything we ever posted. I try to have a short term memory ( and it works cuz I had forgotten vomit) but it's a strong word and I can see why others haven't forgotten it.

ETA: Everyone has to get perspective on their fandom and its place in their life. Some haven't done it. Others have so I can't group everybody together about what's unhealthy. 3 years ago I was maybe too involved for my own good. But Clay has now perfectly found his place in my life that takes nothing away from my own life. So I want to hear and can handle hearing news about this baby... like he has shared before about his mom, brother, grandfather, friends. Thank god because we've gotten some funny and poignant moments from him doing so.

I posted this on another board yesterday, in response to some of the negative posts about Clay's baby sans marriage status, the difference in age between he and Jaymes, and some claiming Clay is not the person he initially claimed to be. It touches on a lot of what's been discussed here already, so the scroll bar might be your friend. Am just adding my o-fish-ul 2 cents.

Sorry that some are having such difficulty with Clay's choices. He is not my child, nor a member of my family. Even if he were, I could not impose my desires on him. This man has always had a mind of his own, he is far older than his years, IMO, and probably has little in common with a lot of people his own age. I don't know him or what motivates him, but I can guess so am just offering the following as "food for thought."

IMO, Clay's life and experiences have made him wary of many things. I believe he no longer trusts easily, and is wary of attachment to anyone new at this point in his life. He obviously cares for and trusts Jaymes and does not question her motives. She meets the strong and independent criteria for the "ideal woman" he described to Ryan Seacrest when he and Kelly C appeared on that show before the start of the IT. Clay has said in the past that any serious relationship for him would have to begin with a friendship, so who knows? He is on record as telling a group of teens that there is a space for male/female relationships between dating and not dating. He told them that platonic friendships between men and women were far more stable than dating relationships because dating relationships often don't last. Perhaps this foundation is what he sees best for raising a child.

As for the traditional marriage first then children? Faye was married twice. Was Clay raised in a happy traditional family environment in either situation? Did Clay ever enjoy a loving relationship with either of his "fathers?" If this child is the result of a loving act, but not a specific "act of love" will he be less loved? How many marital acts of love produce children who are actually wanted? This child will know he is here because his parents did all that they could to bring him into the world. From what I can see, they have committed to each other to raise this child. It's not the first "family" he has put together, is it? What would a piece of paper do to change any of that, except add layers of legal issues and complexities? As for his relationship with his God, I think that has always been and continues to be a very personal one for Clay. His God is who he answers to, nobody else -- especially not fans. He is the same man he has always been IMO. He's the same guy who included a very religious song in the middle of a pop concert to the consternation of many nonreligious fans. He's the same guy who put his career on the line when he threatened to pull contracts for NAT when venues -- sadly, many of them were State fairs -- refused to honor the needs of people with handicaps. He is inclusive in a way that looks past people on the outside and focuses on who they really "are," and this is why many were drawn to him. So why would having a child with an older person seem strange? This is just Clay being himself.

Is this any of my business? Nope. I just wish all of them health, happiness and hope, and long for the day that Clay will be back entertaining me again. As a fan, that is where my focus is. He has always been a man of integrity and I have no reason now to question that. Meantime, my wish is that he get to spend as much time as he can with his son, and that he and Jaymes will allow us just a little access to that part of their lives, so that we can see a picture of the little guy.

clayzedover... I LOVED your post, especially the bolded part.

I wish Clay, Jaymes and their kid baby all the happiness in the world. I assume - and hope - they have thought through the special challenges their unconventional family will present. But I personally am not thrilled about this. But that doesn't matter because its their life to live not mine and I know that.

At least I acknowledge I am disappointed. I think there are many others who deep down are too but won't admit it. For example - the number of people shipping Clay and Jaymes, going back through old clack to find evidence that they are really romantically involved and maybe even secretly married. All this despite the fact Clay used the words "my dear friend..." in his blog announcing the birth. IMO he was sending a message loud and clear to the shipping fans and to the curious media as to exactly what their rather unique relationship is. But yet there are some who insist on shipping them. Why? Clay says they are just "dear friends" and he seems fine and happy, so why the need to ship them? IMO I think its because deep down Clay and Jaymes being in love and hopefully secretly married is the only way this makes sense to them. That is being judgmental - covertly, but judgmental all the same. Personally I take Clay at his word. If he says they are dear friends then that is what I believe they are. Doesn't bother me so why bother trying to make their relationship something its not? For all we know, maybe he has someone in his life is romantically involved with who is accepting of the situation with Jaymes and that is why he wants to make that distinction clear. Whatever, it just strikes me odd that some who are jumping with joy over the birth are also shipping him to death. To me that indicates there is something about the whole thing they are not happy with and that seems to be the nature of the relationship between Clay and Jaymes.

CG... interesting take on the shipping. I think you may be right for some. To me, I think many people are shipping them cause they just plain want Clay to be fiercely loved romantically.

Personally I have come to this conclusion. This fandom is now and has always been WAY too involved in Clay's personal life. We (and from this point on when I use the term "we" please know I am talking in generalities about the fandom and am fully aware this does not apply to everyone in the fandom) ship him with any woman he is ever seen with. We dissect his every word. We want to know what he is doing every minute of every day. Even when he makes something quite clear - like his relationship with Jaymes - we try to uncover more about it.

But, but, but... isn't that what being a fan means???? :cryingwlaughter:

We need to step back. We should have long ago. Perhaps it is because of AI. Perhaps since we voted for him week after week and to some extent are responsible for his having the career he does we feel it is our right to know about every aspect of his life. Perhaps he is right when he says we feel motherly toward him. Many, many mothers try to run their kids' lives even when they are all grown up.

I think that is part of it. But, also, when Clay was fresh off Idol, he would answer any question put to him, so revealed a lot about himself. Then he wrote LTS and revealed a whole hunk more. I think that when you add all those things together, it gave people the idea that not only do we really really know him, but that he should continue to reveal more stuff about himself, even tho he has now learned and has drawn that line in the sand.

I don't know, but I sure hope we hear little to nothing about this kid child. I hope Clay keeps his private life private - not only from the media but maybe more importantly from us. We need to concentrate on being fans of the only Clay Aiken we know - the entertainer and humanitarian. The other Clay - Clayton if you will - we do not know AT ALL. And we shouldn't. Its unhealthy for us. It is unfair to him. If nothing else, this situation has shown that very clearly.

It seems clear he wants that separation so I hope he keeps the separation intact - and that would mean not giving us updates on his family. He can't have it both ways - sharing parts of his personal life with us and the media and then getting all bent out of shape when we and they want to know more. If he truly wants to keep his private life private then he needs to be consistent, IMO.

And in time this fandom - and maybe the media - will learn the new boundaries. And that, IMO, would be much better for all parties involved.

CG... I think, and hope, that Clay will continue to share parts of himself with us and the world... just what he wants to, tho, and that will be enough. I don't think you have to give no information to be private. You just need to give only what you want to share. I think Clay did that with this situation. He shared what he wanted to when he wanted to share it and the rest of the world be danged. I hope he continues that policy.

How can I not be over-the-moon happy for Clay, when he is obviously over-the-moon happy with this "little man"? It's his life, and I want him to be happy. It's a no brainer, to me. Never mind the fact that I would be over-the-moon happy for any loving parent or couple who is lucky enough to deliver a healthy baby. Of course, I am one of those "baby people". Heh. I love babies. Always have. :wub:

And I never questioned or debated your right to be over the moon happy. But I haven't been afforded the respect for not being the same way. That is all I am asking for.

And I can't always remember what I said 2 days ago, much less 2 months ago, so why would I expect anyone else to remember? :cryingwlaughter:

I tried to find what I thought I posted about my feelings on this, but I couldn't find it (maybe I only thought I posted it...). I don't think it would really matter, though. I suspect the same people who don't get it now wouldn't get it any more if you read my reasons. But that's cool. You don't have to get it. Just respect my right to feel the way I do. Like I said, I've come to terms with it and moved on. Just know I do not want to, nor do I think I deserve to be, lumped in with those crazies out there who are condeming Clay and Jaymes to eternal damnation for what they did! Now that it truly incomprehensible to me! I mean, you would think they would be happy! Clay becoming a father in this way means he could still be a virgin! :imgtongue:

Hmm. CG, Using "the kid" in the context of your post was dismissive, the same way people elsewhere use "Aiken" when everyone else says "Clay" - and saying it's a legitimate use doesn't make it any less dismissive.

If you're being bitchy, occasionally people will call you on it. I personally find it best to say upfront when I'm being bitchy.

Well my dear KAndre, I didn't see my post as a "a big, double-barreled, no hold barred, aggressive defense in a bitchy way" post.

I saw it the same way KAndre did. As have a few others who said so. One of the pit falls of posting on a message board – you don’t always get to control how you come across. I think Ansa likely has it right when she says that your feelings regarding Clay and Jaymes and Parker come through in your posts (whether you realize it or not), which is why people read “bitchy”.

Thing is, if someone doesn't like the use of the words "the kid" they can say it a calm, rational way and explain why they feel that way like Liney and Cotton did, or they can be mean and bitchy like keepingfaith was.

IMO, KF responded *in kind* to you.

Guess which is more likely to get me to watch how I word things?

You can word things any way you like, you can say anything you like, but you also get to hear people express their feelings about that. I’m sad that you still haven’t figured this one thing out. All this freedom and respect goes both ways. For example, I read “my dear KAndre” as incredibly condescending – how can you expect people to not respond in a similar manner? I’m sure I’m not the only one who saw it that way – you’re never alone on a message board, after all.

Using "the kid" in the context of your post was dismissive, the same way people elsewhere use "Aiken" when everyone else says "Clay" - and saying it's a legitimate use doesn't make it any less dismissive.

I hate to say this, but you are wrong about this. The reason is INTENT. You and a few others may have read it as dismissive. Others did not. There is no definitive rule on this. It is a matter of interpretation so the benefit of the doubt must go to the person who wrote it and what their intent was. As I have said before, my INTENT was NOT to be dismissive. It is just how I talk. I never stopped to consider that there may be a person or two who might find it dismissive because IMO they are over-sensitive about this kid child.

Actually, you don’t get to decide that someone is wrong in how they read or feel about your post, any more than they can determine your intent. How someone feels is how they feel – that’s what you want for yourself, right? Works both ways. If you post on a message board, YOU have to take responsibility for how your words are interpreted just as much as the person doing the reading. Because they saw it as bitchy is as much your fault, IMO, than it is theirs. The words you choose are important to how people view you – they have nothing else to go on in this environment. A persons posting history also plays a role, like it or not.

For a great example of someone who is occasionally misinterpreted and who takes responsibility for it (even though it is not necessarily her fault all the time), look at Playbiller.

I cannot believe you people are making such a big deal out of my using the words "the kid"! Its not like I called him a bastard - a term, by the way, that NEVER entered my mind until someone mentioned it here!

Big deal? KAndre wrote one paragraph. You have used how many to respond to her? Quite a bit more. So who is really making a big deal here? Yes, I write a lot – but I’m not the one with the complaint. I’ll even go farther out on a limb here and say that the number of times you’ve responded in your own defense or to correct peoples apparent misreading of your posts indicates TO ME that perhaps you enjoy this drama a bit too much. Or the old saying “me thinks she doth protest too much” applies, take your pick. That’s MY opinion, my words and I own them – if it pisses everyone off, oh well. I said them, I accept the consequences. See how easy that was?

Chill out people! So I called Clay's perfect little baby the kid! Its not a crime against humanity! They were words used innocently and without any intended disrespect. Geez!

When you use words like those bolded, it is very difficult to believe you. The words seem innocuous enough – if one were coming from a totally new perspective. But we’re not; we know how you feel about him having a child because you’ve told us. For that reason, some may read your words as dismissive, or even sarcastic. History sucks, eh?

Personally I have come to this conclusion. This fandom is now and has always been WAY too involved in Clay's personal life. We (and from this point on when I use the term "we" please know I am talking in generalities about the fandom and am fully aware this does not apply to everyone in the fandom) ship him with any woman he is ever seen with. We dissect his every word. We want to know what he is doing every minute of every day. Even when he makes something quite clear - like his relationship with Jaymes - we try to uncover more about it.

I think this is especially true for those who are disappointed in him for this choice of his.

Yes, you are allowed to be disappointed in Clay. By the same token, we are allowed to be disappointed in you and each other. We seem to go through this about every three months or so.

I just don’t understand why some refuse to see this rather critical point.

I love this quote from CV---It's true for me.

QUOTE(lovethatguy @ Aug 10 2008, 12:13 AM) *

I have been a board fan of Clay's for 3 and a half years. During that time I have read soooooo many times," I just wish I knew if he was happy" or "I just hope he is happy" or "All I want is for him to be happy"

Isn't it just wonderful to know, without a doubt, that he is. wub.gif

Claygasm---I certainly respect your right to feel as you do, but I think you have way too many wes in your posts. We all don't feel as you do. A Dr. once said that the most overbearing thing you can say to another is to tell them what they need to do. Even a therapist.

Is it a kid or is it a child? I think it's a tiny little baby that's just came into the world that wants to be loved just like we do. God bless them all.

I read an interesting little sentence as I went round and about this morning. Someone said---

Have you walked in his shoes or is it just a struggle to walk in your own? Lord knows, non of us want to ever be put under a microscope like Clay has been, but you know he came through pretty good in my book. He is a strong man and he seems to know what he wants. He's thirty years old and he wants a family. Isn't that pretty standard? I believe that Clay and Jaymes are bonded in some special way and I think we'll see the day they marry. JMHO. Can you imagine how upset some would have been if he said Jaymes and I are in love and we're gonna live together. Lord have mercy. Maybe, he's going to spoon feed us about getting married. LOL!!!! I'm not trying to make this too serious. I'm thrilled for them. All I want is for Clay to be happy.

Watching the Olympics this afternoon I have to say that I know what those women road racers are feeling. I did a four day bike tour once that it rained constantly for the whole time. That was 80 miles a day for 4 days. Nothing I owned was try. I put the tent up and down in the rain, sleeping bad got wet, and all my bike clothes, shoes,gloves, etc. were soaked. Also riding in the rain is very dangerous. The roads are very slippery, just from the oil that surfaces. I kept thinking that I hope there is not a really bad accidents today. I did see a few go down but it did not seem like there was any injuries.

I also am trying to read the Kite Runner.(I did not read it when Clay recommended it). We are having Mr. Hosseini speak at our Library Foundation event in October and I am on the committee. I had read his other novel previously.

I finally have all my volunteer hours for the school district in. They were suppose to be in at the end of June. Just got the last one yesterday. The most hours by parents we have ever had. We had over 2700 parent volunteer and put in 99.947 hours. Last year we had 82,000 hours. I really think that all that participation really makes for a great school district.

I do not like negativity to the point that it is rehashed over and over. Some messages I have read is that they are leaving the fantham because he is not the person they thought he was and they are so disappointed. He did not break and laws, get arrested, use drugs etc. He just had a baby. I am usually very conservative but if that what makes him happy then in my opinion this event is a joy. I have to say that in the last 8 months he has seemed so joyous with a great smile on his face. It is all good.

Thread title poll!!!

Its been awhile since I did this so I hope I got all the thread title suggestions.

There were also a lot of thread title suggestions even from before the announcement. We would've had like 12 to 15 choices if I placed all of them...so I think we can just reserve those made before the birth for the next thread and concentrate on thread titles celebrating Parker. I know some are pretty long but I will just figure out how to shorten them.

ok...so look up and make your choice!!!

oops damnit I forgot one...

sorry but I just added the he's a daddy and joy on a stick...

there were 3 votes when I edited it...so if you guys want to change your votes just let me know...

see I am an amateur with this poll thing...don't tell ldyJ... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

R.I.P. Isaac Hayes.

Hmmmm.....my feelings about all of this are pretty simple and easy.

I am happy that Clay and Jaymes and Faye and all other family and friends who are part of Clay's real life are happy (or seem to be!). I am always happy to see someone thrilled with a baby. Other people of course have all kinds of opinions - but they don't count for anything, really, just themselves. Shrug.

I am happy that Parker was wanted so much and has been born into a loving family.

Anybody who thinks that they possess the power to rain on my parade with a negative opinion is quite delusional.

And making broad statements about "the Fans" or even referring to the fandom as "we" is making quite the incorrect assumption - I am not part of any "we", really, I have been reading all the different opinions on the fan boards too long.

Life's too short, and it seems finding love in any form is difficult. That's why my reaction to anyone's disappointment, be it mild or harsh, is so what? My family always said tend your own plate, and I find that applies to a lot of circumstances.

First and foremost I'm a Clay supporter, it's the reason I'm here so don't know how to be supportive of anyone's unhappiness while at the same time being so thrilled for Clay because he's so obviously happy.
Yep! That's why I am here. While some people here have become my personal friends, and we talk about many different things, I am only on this board because is a place to share my fandom; if it turned into one of those critical picky looking-lor-stuff-to-be-negative-about boards, I would just leave, that's all.

And that's pretty much it in a nutshell, for me. To express disappointment in another person's life choices, especially someone who is not related to you in any way, is foreign to me. How does it affect your life enough that you feel disappointment? (This is not aimed at anyone in particular, I am using "you" in a generic way. I don't think that people are required to explain their feelings, I'm just trying to understand.) I guess I am just not wired that way. *g*

Yeah, that. Except as I get older I find I don't care all that much.

Seems to me Clay has always been his own man and been a bit "unconventional" - whatever that means. :-) He has has a quite eventful childhood, he has "toured" with a country band and appeared in local show business stuff since he was quite young. He has attended high school and college and appeared on Broadway and been on TV and managed to be out and about with his friends in Raleigh and other places. He has been to Europe and Africa, and mostly not as a tourist on a carefully planned sight-seeing vacation. He has been called a maverick by those who know him. Makes me laugh when some act like he is some naive little foundling who gets taken advantage of. I am sure he would laugh at that.

And really, it makes me laugh when people loftily say anything about their "high standards". High standards can and should be applied to building things, preparing food, stuff like that. Whatever one person has decided is right for themself is cool - just don't foist it on everybody else and expect agreement or adherence.

Oh, and like life, none of this post applies to any one person. And I don't really care much if some people are unhappy about this event - but posting nasty shit about it seems stupid and pointless. Happily, we can all move on.

And I never questioned or debated your right to be over the moon happy. But I haven't been afforded the respect for not being the same way. That is all I am asking for

Claygasm, my respect takes the form, now, of just not caring if you or anyone else is unhappy about it, because being unhappy about this event seems so pointless, or at least not worth dwelling on.

I don't feel I need to 'get" why people are over-the-moon OR unhappy. At least not about something that really doesn't concern any of us, in real life. No one needs to "get" it. I have always found that people who express the desire to understand why I feel the way I do about something really want to know why I don't agree with them. And they seem to feel that they could somehow make me see I am wrong. Nah.

sorry but I just added the he's a daddy and joy on a stick...

there were 3 votes when I edited it...so if you guys want to change your votes just let me know...

see I am an amateur with this poll thing...don't tell ldyJ... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for setting it up!

Yay, you!

ETA:

OT

I never even heard of synchronized diving!!!

It's amazing!!!

I love this image and I'm pretty damn sure it will happen. I would let my children sleep on me for hours in this position. It's the most wonderful feeling.

Claygasm,

I have never gotten into your issues on this board. As a person who has been misinterpreted in a work situation, I have something to say to you. If there are several people who misinterpreted your post (and other posts), maybe it's time to change your style or tone.

I recently used some capital letters in an email at work and I was told that it was interpreted as yelling. I used it for emphasis only. Let me tell you, I learned that I can't write in work emails the way I can post on message boards. The written word is interpreted by the person reading it. One person can be dismissed. Two people should make you stop and think. If the numbers get higher, you should take a really close look at your posting style.

When I first read your post, I was taken aback by your use of the term 'the kid' and that probably colored how I read the rest of your post. You have since explained yourself and the use of that term and I accept your explanation.