#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

My cousin and I got together yesterday to discuss the news, and ended up doing what we do best- retail therapy! Not surprisingly, we found our way to the nearest Gymboree, and picked out a couple baby outfits. I know someone here expressed the hope that the fans wouldn't bombard them with baby gifts, but we couldn't resist. We'll do the BAF donation thing too- but this was a very tangible way for us to come to terms with everything. We really do just want his happiness- and it's clear that he is absolutely "over the moon!"

Please don't take this as my trying to tell you what to do, but since you happened to bring up buying baby clothes..... I saw rohdy mention on another board that where she lives, they have some sort of community baby shower to collect all kinds of items for babies in need. For those who want to buy things, or even those who like to make things, it might be nice to check around where you live to see if there's something similar.

Don't forget Freecycle if you are collecting for babies in need. A friend of mine had a garage/yard sale before moving house and the amount of baby clothes leftover (for age 0 -3), some NEVER worn, still with tag,was staggering. This was an "only child" household.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them.

As much as I love to see pictures of Clay and baby Parker, it makes me sick to my stomach to think that TMZ and their ilk were camped out at the hospital waiting to pounce. Is it wrong for me to wish for profoundly nasty things to happen-soon (and not Clay's "soon")- to all who participate in these sort of "pursuits"? Whether TMZ was "right" in their initial story is immaterial to me. Whatever they learned, it was through a betrayal of trust- either by someone in the medical profession, or someone who was close enough to either Clay and/or Jaymes to be privy to the information. Either way, I hope they all rot!

Bookwhore...I do understand what you are saying and I agree that there are probably a lot of fans that are holding on to the idea of a romantic relationship to ward off the gay specter. But I do think a lot of people are simply romantics at heart who would like to see Clay in a loving romantic relationship. Now saying that they would like to see him in one type of relationship does not mean they think a friendly relationship is bad or think he is making a mistake. To me...when you say a person is judging...it means they have made a pronouncement that something was bad or good. But sometimes some people simply would prefer one situation over another without thinking the other is bad. Its like choosing between chocolate and vanilla...there are times I like both but I usually prefer chocolate but I am not saying vanilla is bad. So just having a preference does not mean you have made a judgment about the intrinsic value of the other choice. Similarly..I think when Play suggested that they may actually be married...I think she was just making a point that we really don't know many details of their life. I didn't think she is judging them and saying they should be married.

Exactly.

Sure there may be some desperate to have him in a relationship with a woman (we’ve seen that LOTS of times)…but, oddly, there also seem to be people desperate to have him ONLY be friends with Jaymes. Works both ways, actually. I’m in the “doesn’t matter, they’re committed one way or another” camp. <g>

AWWW those pictures are adorable... Jaymes is looking good!!! Don;t think she gained much weight...lucky her!!!

Lucky beyotch looks great. <g> Clay looks good in the pic where he’s smiling, fer sure.

:::sniff::: <g> I am schmoopy.

Hi all,

Not surprised at all about the video from TMZ; just seems to be part and parcel of being a celebrity and I imagine Clay expected it, which is why Jerome is there (notice Jerome is wearing stripes too...must be a family thing!)

Clay looks so happy and Jaymes looks great! I on the other hand, looked like I had been run over with a truck after I had my babies.

I am one who believes there is a romantic relationship between Clay and Jaymes and it has nothing to do with being desperate for Clay to be in a relationship with a woman or worries about him being gay...just a gut feeling; watching that video, I just saw family there, like any other family bringing home a new baby from the hospital.

I wish them much happiness.

Kim

The blurb at TMZ said the video was of Clay, Jaymes and baby "leaving the hospital yesterday". And the site with the pictures said they were leaving Durham Regional Hospital.

While these gossip sites aren't my cup of tea and I only go there when I hear of something I really want to see -- like Clay and his baby -- when I do go there I don't feel guilty about it. Hell, the whole corporate system is so monolithic with TMZ owned by Time Warner as is CNN, and I still watch CNN sometimes, so what does it matter? A few hundred Clay fans hitting a website on one afternoon won't amount to a hill of beans compared to the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of hits these gossip sites get on a daily basis. I'm not a regular customer by any means, and I don't think I'm corrupted by a couple of hits either, or that they're getting rich off of my two hits.

It's probably more corrupting for me to watch the Olympics given how I feel about the situation in Tibet.

The blurb at TMZ said the video was of Clay, Jaymes and baby "leaving the hospital yesterday". And the site with the pictures said they were leaving Durham Regional Hospital.

Thank you. I didn't give them a hit but I'm glad that some did so that we could get the news.

I'm surprised it took a whole day for the video and pictures to surface. I had my son on a Friday night and I went home on a Sunday afternoon. That was over 19 years ago.

While these gossip sites aren't my cup of tea and I only go there when I hear of something I really want to see -- like Clay and his baby -- when I do go there I don't feel guilty about it. Hell, the whole corporate system is so monolithic with TMZ owned by Time Warner as is CNN, and I still watch CNN sometimes, so what does it matter? A few hundred Clay fans hitting a website on one afternoon won't amount to a hill of beans compared to the hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of hits these gossip sites get on a daily basis. I'm not a regular customer by any means, and I don't think I'm corrupted by a couple of hits either, or that they're getting rich off of my two hits.

Perhaps not, but for me, that argument is a little too much like the old "everyone else is doing it" rationale. My preference is not to reward them for behavior that I personally find repulsive.

I'm unwilling to hit a Clay-related item on a hateful sight like TMZ because, to my mind, the additional hits and page views make it appear that there's a market for gossip about him and that he's a worthwhile subject to pursue. I don't want to feel like, even in a minuscule way, that I'm helping to put a paparazzi target on Clay's back, and even worse, contributing to the advertising revenue that pays the photographers' salaries. YMMV and all that.

And I realize that, if I really stuck to my guns, I wouldn't look at the pictures posted or download the video from the vault - both of which I did. I'm weak and hypocritical, y'all. :ph34r:

Well, Jaymes looks good BUT...(ahem) I had Carrie at 1:30 pm Thursday...and was showered and dressed in a clean nighshirt by 4:30. I was sitting on my bed brushing my hair and a nurse came in, looked at me and said, "Oh...I'm looking for Mrs. ___--she just had a baby?"

"That's me!"

She just stared at me and then said, "Wow. Sorry to stare but...wow! You look great!"

heh. Family visited about an hour later, pediatrician checked Carrie out early Friday morning and then baby and mama went home around 11 am Friday.

Of course, that was 13 years ago....

sigh.

LOve the pic of Clay smiling into the car. Clay's hair is quite....er...long, isn't it? :unsure: Wonder if he'll cut it before Parker starts grabbing it! :)

I'm unwilling to hit a Clay-related item on a hateful sight like TMZ because, to my mind, the additional hits and page views make it appear that there's a market for gossip about him and that he's a worthwhile subject to pursue. I don't want to feel like, even in a minuscule way, that I'm helping to put a paparazzi target on Clay's back, and even worse, contributing to the advertising revenue that pays the photographers' salaries. YMMV and all that.

And I realize that, if I really stuck to my guns, I wouldn't look at the pictures posted or download the video from the vault - both of which I did. I'm weak and hypocritical, y'all. :ph34r:

Well, look at it this way (the X-Files way <g>). If one person goes out and buys a National Enquirer, copies it and passes the pics to all their friends, is the NE making more or LESS money?? We did that for David D and XF stuff – we figured by one person buying it and then posting scans on the net we were actually taking money out of their pockets. Same thing with the stuff ripped to the vault. May seem like a fine line, but you rebel where you can. <g> TMZ ain’t making no money by you downloading it from the vault.

Well, Jaymes looks good BUT...(ahem) I had Carrie at 1:30 pm Thursday...and was showered and dressed in a clean nighshirt by 4:30. I was sitting on my bed brushing my hair and a nurse came in, looked at me and said, "Oh...I'm looking for Mrs. ___--she just had a baby?"

"That's me!"

She just stared at me and then said, "Wow. Sorry to stare but...wow! You look great!"

heh. Family visited about an hour later, pediatrician checked Carrie out early Friday morning and then baby and mama went home around 11 am Friday.

Of course, that was 13 years ago....

sigh.

LOve the pic of Clay smiling into the car. Clay's hair is quite....er...long, isn't it? :unsure: Wonder if he'll cut it before Parker starts grabbing it! :)

I take it you didn't have a C-section!!!

I did - 32 years ago - 3 days was all I got even with the major surgery! :wacko:

ETA:

I bet Clay's hair changes almost as frequently as a baby's facial expression changes!!!

I was thinking about the Clay and Jaymes "met" this morning on my drive to work.

I think he said they "met" and each brought the same song.

But that could have been that they "MET", as is - had a meeting.

Not "MET", as in - were introduced for the first time.

So maybe they DID meet during AI. As in - were introduced.

But didn't really get to know each other until they "MET" to see if she would work as his EP and he "threw a CD across the room"!

*G*