#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

And I still say that IIT, there's a very strong chance that Jaymes will move her business to the East Coast.

LOL..shows how much I know about Jaymes... I went business? what business.. I always think of producers and such as contractors who travel to work and have blackberries. :hysterical: Definitely not a 9 to 5 or something you have to be in a certain location for most of the time.

and now lunch is over and the posthoing must stop.

Well, I think you have to consider whether it is "his" child. If he was not romantically involved and is jsut helping out a friend, he would have to sign away his rights. I am thinking more and more he was just helping a friend because if he were "invovled" why would he be on the east coast, instead of the west coast?

As far as the "signing away rights" goes -- doesn't that depend from state to state? And with changes in laws, I'm not sure if that's a given anymore. I'd have to do some more research on that.

And I still say that IIT, there's a very strong chance that Jaymes will move her business to the East Coast.

How about throwing another wrinkle into the maybes? What if Jaymes has the baby in Canada, since she does have a home in BC. She could be there right now for all we know.

How about throwing another wrinkle into the maybes? What if Jaymes has the baby in Canada, since she does have a home in BC. She could be there right now for all we know.

Oooo, that's a very good point -- one I hadn't considered! Damn, that throws my research into a bit of a quandry then, 'cause I was focusing more on the US. Most of the stuff I'm finding on the web (and as a librarian, I know that means diddly squat with something like this) suggests that every state is different -- some have very explicit laws regarding this, some have nothing, and everything is changing very rapidly in the regards of laws for this type of thing.

Well, I think you have to consider whether it is "his" child. If he was not romantically involved and is jsut helping out a friend, he would have to sign away his rights. I am thinking more and more he was just helping a friend because if he were "invovled" why would he be on the east coast, instead of the west coast?

As far as the "signing away rights" goes -- doesn't that depend from state to state? And with changes in laws, I'm not sure if that's a given anymore. I'd have to do some more research on that.

I work in a hospital, and get called in to talk with new parents about custody issues quite a bit. At least in Colorado, Dads have rights to see and parent their kids regardless of whether they have a current relationship with the mother. If someone goes to a sperm bank to get pregnant from an anonymous donor's sperm, the father doesn't have rights. However, IIT, Clay isn't an anonymous donor.

And that's as much as I'm going to say until the Fosters or Clay say something about this situation.

ldyj, I'm so glad you're recovering so quickly! YAY!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PERMA and TEXWRITER!!

:bday2:

Greetings from the "Wait 'n' See Car" - redubbed the "IIU Car"!

:word: to couchie!

Adding another wrinkle... no matter where either of them are, there is always the possibility of private planes taking either one of them wherever they need to be. There was no sighting of Clay at any airport and yet, he appears to have been in NC last week. How did he get there, and when? It certainly escaped the news media if he just slipped back to NC from Somalia and wherever else he's been in Africa.

We didn't even hear about any shopping trips in London! :cryingwlaughter:

borrowing this from ansa

:bday2:

Permaswooned and Texwriter

Happy Day to one of my favoritest photographers Perma and fellow FCAer Texwriter!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Jaymes could be confined to bed and staying with Clay in NC. Or she could be in Canada and Clay could be flying back and forth between Raleigh and Vancouver. I can't help thinking that IIT Clay and Jaymes would want absolutely no publicity because of the high-risk nature of this pregnancy. I think the last place Jaymes would want to be during this time is at papparazzi central. Jaymes is a wealthy woman and we have no idea where she may have homes or apartments.

That People Magazine so matter of factly states that Clay is only weeks away from becoming a father suggests that there may already be something in place for People to print an exclusive after the baby's born. If their confirmation was based solely on TMZ, I think it would have been mentioned as a hedge. I do recall that the very first thing we ever saw about this story stressed that Clay was going to be actively involved in raising the child. The very last thing that's believable to me is that IIT Clay wouldn't be a proud, doting father. I could believe just about anything before I could believe that Clay would have a child with someone intensely close to him and not be a dedicated father absolutely in love with his child.

If it's not true, lockdown silence makes no sense to me at all. Caveat: There's a ton of stuff happening these days that doesn't make any sense IMO. But it hasn't escaped me that he didn't do the talk shows or morning shows to discuss Somalia and Kenya, as he did after Afghanistan. He has not made himself available for any publicity other than the UNICEF blogs. And you know the morning shows would have clamored to have him on to discuss UNICEF so they could sneak in the baby question. He's not going to talk about it. Whether it was from a tabloid source or wherever, the comment attributed to David Foster makes sense to me -- the family will have no comment until after the baby is born. I think that's where we are.

I don't know anything about how to fix youtube videos, but I managed to get the Sterling Heights page created on our Goldarngirl site last night. So anyone without a CV key can download from here. As always, please make sure you are using a download manager because this server is not dedicated, and your download may stop and restart.

http://www.goldarngirl.com/srhp-sterling_heights.html

luckiest... I went to goldarngirl's site and right clicked on the Listen montage and it is the Canananiqua or however you spell that. The wmv for Listen is not available in the list either. I loved it when it was on YouTube, but the link for that doesn't work anymore. boohoo! I love you guys' work. Thanks for the time you put in on these!

I don't know anything about how to fix youtube videos, but I managed to get the Sterling Heights page created on our Goldarngirl site last night. So anyone without a CV key can download from here. As always, please make sure you are using a download manager because this server is not dedicated, and your download may stop and restart.

luckiest... I went to goldarngirl's site and right clicked on the Listen montage and it is the Canananiqua or however you spell that. The wmv for Listen is not available in the list either. I loved it when it was on YouTube, but the link for that doesn't work anymore. boohoo! I love you guys' work. Thanks for the time you put in on these!

The youtube vid will come up if you search for "Sterling Heights Listen" - or better still - here is the link I listened to!!

- it's the same url as that last one posted, but I got a blank page when I tried it. I hope that one works!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you so much for letting me know that the links were broken! I have just gone and fixed them all. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Please try again.

ETA: For the close up/neck/stubble lovers, we did Syracuse LAA as a bonus.

That People Magazine so matter of factly states that Clay is only weeks away from becoming a father suggests that there may already be something in place for People to print an exclusive after the baby's born.

I don't know, to me it's just the same tabloid-based story spun in different ways, to suit whatever the angle of the new story is. This time, it's kids in Kenya. But there's nothing new in the baby stuff. I don't see how it suggests anything.

Hee, to read my last few posts, you'd think I was against the Clay & Jaymes baby thing, which couldn't be farther from the truth! IIT, I will be thrilled to death for both of them! I just am being v.v. cautious about falling into the trap of believing rumours before they are verified.

Hee, to read my last few posts, you'd think I was against the Clay & Jaymes baby thing, which couldn't be farther from the truth! IIT, I will be thrilled to death for both of them! I just am being v.v. cautious about falling into the trap of believing rumours before they are verified.

Hey, come on and fall into the pit with me LOL. Im already getting my dunce cap ready...just in case.

:Ahh::Ahh::Ahh::Ahh:

I've been gone from the board for a couple of days and you all are talking about the Maybe Baby again?????

:Ahh::Ahh::Ahh::Ahh:

:bday: PERMASWOONED!!!!

See you around when the subject turns to something more fun!!!

I have to say I don't even think much about the baby gossip unless someone else mentions it. I think Clay would be a fantastic father and any pictures of him holding a child of his own would be totally hott and make my ovaries explode! But I don't really have strong feelings about it one way or another. For me it's more mild curiosity than anything else. I too wonder how it will affect his touring (totally selfish of me, I know) and if having a child pattering around will make for any humerous antecdotes to be shared onstaqe.

What's really terrible is that I don't even think of it as Jaymes' baby....I only think of it as Clay's baby. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: But...but....Claygasm....nothing else is going on in Clayland right now. I'm sure as soon as something else happens we'll all be grateful to have something else to speculate about. **sigh** I wish he'd announce a tour.

ETA: again because a sigh and a sign are not the same thing.

The People article is generating other articles in other places. Here's one example (with a cuter picture, hee!): The Insider: Clay Aiken Blogs from Africa!

Another one: Clay Aiken is a UNICEF Ambassador, Blogger

As much as the original People article "skewed" a bit toward the maybe-baby (hee CG!), IMO it shows the power of People magazine -- 'cause now other places are making note of it, and the word of the UNICEF stuff (which is much more important) is being spread.

Thank you so much for letting me know that the links were broken! I have just gone and fixed them all. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Please try again.

ETA: For the close up/neck/stubble lovers, we did Syracuse LAA as a bonus.

:clap: Thnx so much for these; they are wonderful, and I added the "Listen" montage to my blog. The link works now, although I found the montage with a YouTube search.

Do y'all have anything cooking for Meadowbrook ("The Bug Concert")? :tongue09:

Caro listen.gif

CG just consider it a generic - can you trust the media? - discussion - are they adding anything new or just presenting things more and more as a fact based on nothing? I think it is the latter, especially Jared and his "announcement" comment.

Maybe Baby? I think it's fairly established that Jaymes Foster is having a baby. The only reason I could imagine that Clay wouldn't deny it, if it's not true, is to seize an opportunity to turn the tables on the tabloids, but I have an impossible time believing he would use Jaymes' pregnancy to do that.

So at this point, if it's not true, I can't think of any good reason why it's not being denied. Just a one sentence press release that Clay's representatives categorically denies that he's the father of the baby would do it. To repeat again, if the situation was anything else but Jaymes being pregnant, I could see it as an opportunity to discredit the tabloids, but I can't believe he would let the perception continue that he's the father if he isn't.

I don't think this will affect his career or his touring in any way. Babies are awfully resilient little beings and after a few months they can travel and stay in hotels and ride in buses and airplanes and stuff. I know that Paul and Linda McCartney took their entire family of four children on concert tours with them all over the world. I recall reading after Linda died that during their nearly thirty year marriage they had only spent three nights apart. I get the feeling some people think that Clay can't continue a full-time career whether on tour, in the studio, or on stage, and still be a full-time, devoted father. To me, there's nothing mutually exclusive about it.

So at this point, if it's not true, I can't think of any good reason why it's not being denied.

How about ... he drew a line in the sand when he said he was taking his life back and would not talk about his personal life? If he ever wants the media to get that message he needs to be consistent. IMHO. Sure it involves Jaymes too but I certainly could imagine her being on the same page.

I also don't necessarily expect to hear one way or the other...ever. I'm sure if it's true, at some point, it will become obvious. But that doesn't mean that I think there will be some sort of grand announcement or Clay/Jaymes generated publicity about it.

I also reserve the right to be not surprised if there is....

:cryingwlaughter:

The "maybe" has to do with Clay's involvement...or not. I'm with you KF that I can't think of a reason he wouldn't issue a statement if he wasn't the dad but doesn't mean there isn't one. If not for him there would be no story. And the Clay fans wouldn't really be all that interested I don't think. I ooh and ahhh all over Quiana's baby when a picture shows up but don't think about it otherwise and I actually think of Quiana as an entertainer in her own right. Before this whole IIU I had never really given Jaymes any thought.

And see..there you go. Jamar has a good reason. LOL. Although again, this is about Jaymes and if geting Clay out of the story would cease and desist all manner of tabloid interest and possible harrasment which her high risk pregnancy doesn't need..... fill in the blanks.

I also reserve the right to be not surprised if there is....

:cryingwlaughter:

heee..ok I need to follow this... on the other sign of the coin.

Hello Everyone! I haven't posted here before, but I have been a member for awhile. Happy Birthday, Permaswooned.

I read from above that today must be your big day! I met you about a year ago at the airport and looked at your gorgeous pics of Clay after the Tulsa concert, I think. Anyway, you sent me a couple of tags and I have loved traveling with them. I do wish I could have gone to the Greek last year. I could have kicked myself for not going. In the future I am not going to deny myself of what I love to do the most and that is travel around listening and watching our BF.

Missing Clay terribly. I'm hoping it won't be too long until we hear from him. Love this board. Hope to get back frequently and join in the fun.