#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

What you are forgetting KF, is there is a lot of grades of truth and many variations of what is and many many bits and pieces of details. We don't know, may never know, it IS really none of our business. The person who verified the information claimed he did not verify the information - just the waves and eddies of the media and the fans filling in the blanks for someone who will not help them.

ETA - the signed EasterBonnet poster went for 1600 - a real bargain. I think it is worth much more! Wish I could have bid more on it, but it was over my personal limit.

Jaymes could be confined to bed and staying with Clay in NC. Or she could be in Canada and Clay could be flying back and forth between Raleigh and Vancouver. I can't help thinking that IIT Clay and Jaymes would want absolutely no publicity because of the high-risk nature of this pregnancy. I think the last place Jaymes would want to be during this time is at papparazzi central. Jaymes is a wealthy woman and we have no idea where she may have homes or apartments.

That People Magazine so matter of factly states that Clay is only weeks away from becoming a father suggests that there may already be something in place for People to print an exclusive after the baby's born. If their confirmation was based solely on TMZ, I think it would have been mentioned as a hedge. I do recall that the very first thing we ever saw about this story stressed that Clay was going to be actively involved in raising the child. The very last thing that's believable to me is that IIT Clay wouldn't be a proud, doting father. I could believe just about anything before I could believe that Clay would have a child with someone intensely close to him and not be a dedicated father absolutely in love with his child.

If it's not true, lockdown silence makes no sense to me at all. Caveat: There's a ton of stuff happening these days that doesn't make any sense IMO. But it hasn't escaped me that he didn't do the talk shows or morning shows to discuss Somalia and Kenya, as he did after Afghanistan. He has not made himself available for any publicity other than the UNICEF blogs. And you know the morning shows would have clamored to have him on to discuss UNICEF so they could sneak in the baby question. He's not going to talk about it. Whether it was from a tabloid source or wherever, the comment attributed to David Foster makes sense to me -- the family will have no comment until after the baby is born. I think that's where we are.

I agree!

I don't know anything about how to fix youtube videos, but I managed to get the Sterling Heights page created on our Goldarngirl site last night. So anyone without a CV key can download from here. As always, please make sure you are using a download manager because this server is not dedicated, and your download may stop and restart.

http://www.goldarngirl.com/srhp-sterling_heights.html

luckiest... I went to goldarngirl's site and right clicked on the Listen montage and it is the Canananiqua or however you spell that. The wmv for Listen is not available in the list either. I loved it when it was on YouTube, but the link for that doesn't work anymore. boohoo! I love you guys' work. Thanks for the time you put in on these!

The youtube vid will come up if you search for "Sterling Heights Listen" - or better still - here is the link I listened to!!

- it's the same url as that last one posted, but I got a blank page when I tried it. I hope that one works!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for that! For a while there, I thought maybe they were just funnin' with us! :hysterical:

For me, this is the ultimate piece of clack....definitely the piece I've most watched/listened to ev-ah! I'm not really sure why it affects me like it does; but I absolutely love it.

Thanks as well for the links to all the sites quoting Clay's blogs! Baby or no baby, I think it's fantastic more attention is being drawn to the cause.

ETA:...and apparently, there are many, many more!

Just Jared.com

Ecorazzi.com

AmericanIdolworship.com

etc....etc..... :clap:

Seems like if People had some special knowledge, they'd have changed artificial insemination to invitro fertilization by now. Unless Jaymes is one very special 50-year-old.

Permaswooned and texwriter, :bday::bday:

:bday2: tp permaswooned and texwriter

:welcome: to clayann!

Regarding the topic du jour- I'm with luckiest and playbiller, and claygasm and jamar. The fact that they are still playing up an unconfirmed (by anyone reputed to be involved) rumor makes me not even want to click on the links. It makes me uncomfortable.

Just wondering how many of those links (if any) are solely about the Unicef trips- without the gossip thrown in?

So at this point, if it's not true, I can't think of any good reason why it's not being denied.

How about ... he drew a line in the sand when he said he was taking his life back and would not talk about his personal life? If he ever wants the media to get that message he needs to be consistent. IMHO. Sure it involves Jaymes too but I certainly could imagine her being on the same page.

I also don't necessarily expect to hear one way or the other...ever. I'm sure if it's true, at some point, it will become obvious. But that doesn't mean that I think there will be some sort of grand announcement or Clay/Jaymes generated publicity about it.

I also reserve the right to be not surprised if there is....

:cryingwlaughter:

See Clay hasn't really been entirely quiet about his life to the media. The only line he has really made is about his sexuality and of course talking about the Ripa incident. But he has shared personal things before like his Paxil use. He also showed that he can be very protective of people he cares about like counter suing that woman who went after Faye. I think this whole thing would be less stressful for Jaymes if the media is not involved. One way to get rid of that is for Clay to say its not his. I just can;t imagine him not doing that if its the truth and if it will help Jaymes situation. Besides...why would Jaymes want the world to think Clay is her baby's daddy if its not true? The longer she keeps quiet about it the longer it would be assumed to be true and the harder to correct later on. I am thinking more like KF and couchie with this one and I wouldn't be surprised if People will get an exclusive about this baby in the future.

Of course...I will gladly wear that dunce cap with couchie if I am wrong... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hello Everyone! I haven't posted here before, but I have been a member for awhile. Happy Birthday, Permaswooned.

I read from above that today must be your big day! I met you about a year ago at the airport and looked at your gorgeous pics of Clay after the Tulsa concert, I think. Anyway, you sent me a couple of tags and I have loved traveling with them. I do wish I could have gone to the Greek last year. I could have kicked myself for not going. In the future I am not going to deny myself of what I love to do the most and that is travel around listening and watching our BF.

Missing Clay terribly. I'm hoping it won't be too long until we hear from him. Love this board. Hope to get back frequently and join in the fun.

Hey Clayann...glad you can come out of lurkerdom.....hope you do so more often....

Totally OT, for you who are fans of oldies but goodies, here's a version of Joe Cocker's "Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" from Woodstock, "with captions for the clear-headed". Give it a few phrases to get started. It's hilarious.

First this:

As PEOPLE confirmed in May, Aiken artificially inseminated music producer Jaymes Foster, whom he met when he was on American Idol. Foster, the sister of legendary music producer David Foster, is due in August.

Then this:

As "The Insider" confirmed last May, the former "American Idol" finalist himself is an expectant father after artificially inseminating Jaymes Foster, the sister of legendary music producer David Foster. The baby is expected in August.

Wait! Here's the latest BREAKING NEWS from yet another impeccable journalistic source:

As "MuskiNews" confirmed last May, nobody but Aiken and Foster know shit about this baby's father or manner of conception. Until either one of them says something, go ahead and believe anything you want to as long as you give my site hits, 'kay?

Happy Birthday Perma!!!! Hope your day is great!!!

topic du jour - eh, I'm still in the wait and see car for the most part... and it is what it is, I guess. I'll be thrilled for him if true and not surprised if it's not given the lack of any confirmation... I mostly agree with jamar that he said his private life is private... he may choose to share stuff when he wants to (on his timetable and no one else's) but I don't see him responding to any tabloids... so maybe some day, some how, the answer will be known.... I'm guessing Jaymes' baby with big ears and red hair maybe? :cryingwlaughter:

eta: muski - too funny!!! :cryingwlaughter: and so true!!!

I think what's very interesting about all this...is that the "baby news" is overshadowing the fact that Clay's UNICEF work is being promoted!!! Sure, a few of the articles have mentioned the "news" -- but the focus of each and every single one of these articles has been his trip. And yet, the discussion once again turns to the baby stuff.

Eh.

I'm personally very happy that the UNICEF stuff is getting the major focus, and I hope UNICEF manages to get a bunch more donations because of it.

ETA: muski, do you have a URL for that last site? I'd love to give it a hit. *g*

First this:

As PEOPLE confirmed in May, Aiken artificially inseminated music producer Jaymes Foster, whom he met when he was on American Idol. Foster, the sister of legendary music producer David Foster, is due in August.

Then this:

As "The Insider" confirmed last May, the former "American Idol" finalist himself is an expectant father after artificially inseminating Jaymes Foster, the sister of legendary music producer David Foster. The baby is expected in August.

Wait! Here's the latest BREAKING NEWS from yet another impeccable journalistic source:

As "MuskiNews" confirmed last May, nobody but Aiken and Foster know shit about this baby's father or manner of conception. Until either one of them says anything, go ahead and believe anything you want to as long as you give my site hits, 'kay?

muski... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Good one!!! Missed you! Hope your Portland stuff went well!

I guess I just wish they would leave out the supposed method on conception. But, for tabloids that makes it tabloidish, so... two of all those had only the UNICEF stuff, so there really are a few decent people out there in blogland.

I'm going to be gone tomorrow to a seminar. Have fun!!!

Happy Birthday Permaswooned

:cake: :hb2: :confetti2: :EmoticonRingAround: :fest30: :balloons:

Clay news. That insider article had a great picture of Clay. And IIT, I'm extremely excited for Clay. IINT, I'm excited for Jaymes.

Funny but sad story. Mr. Fear and I were volunteering at the Democratic HQs today helping with decorations for a party next week. A young woman, a senior in High School, was volunteering also. We were talking about NC politics when she said her friend decided not to vote because she was a racist and hates old people. :23:

She then said how she was a member of the young democrats and was thinking about joining the Democratic women, but heard that everyone was old so decided not to. I think the young democrats go up to age thirty so everyone over thirty is old!! :whatutterclaptrap: Sorry Clay I guess you are getting old. I really hope she and her friend were the exception, otherwise I really feel bad for the younger generation.

LdyJ .. I don't really look at the conversation as overshadowing. I'm happy it's getting coverage even if the IIU gets coverage too. From what I've seen if people read the 5 paragraphs of important stuff to get to 2 sentences at the end, oh well. As for what we're discussing, it's not new news to us. It was news two weeks ago. I guess I started thinking about the baby stuff last night for the first time in awhile. It's funny to see mostly nobody has budged from their positions hee. The two sentences today were just copy and paste jobs and really I don't read them sensing mockery - just more matter of factness. And that sort of passing on imcomplete, or just plain wrong info is just the norm for every topic under the sun. Kinda sad...but I don't really know how the media will reverse the travel down this road they're on...especially when legit news folk are now in bed with the tabloids thanks to a million mergers and acquisitions.

ETA: The only thing that truly bothers me about this whole thing is that TMZ put the story out first. They are so sleezy.

yeah I want the URL for that last site too Muski.

Aiken artificially inseminated music producer Jaymes Foster, whom he met when he was on American Idol.

Huh?

What?

No doctor?

Clay did the procedure all by himself?

Do these people even read what they write????

:blink:

I had this email today and thought it was cute.

Old Age, I decided, is a gift

I am now, probably for the first time in my life, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body! I sometime despair over my body, the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and the sagging butt. And often I am taken aback by that old person that lives in my mirror (who looks like my mother/father!), but I don't agonize over those things for long.

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become more kind to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend.

I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon?

I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60&70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .. I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set . They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day. (If I feel like it)

I have to add "I will follow Clay Aiken no matter what others may say about it. I will love every minute and ignore the haters".

I do hope if he did the AI himself he enjoyed it.......What!!!!

Good afternoon.

FACT:

1. TMZ broke a story

2. Credited it to someone who allegedly retracted the statement (not David Foster, by the way but one of his hired help)

3. NO ONE has written anything new since TMZ broke the story

4. People Magazine confirmed it with.......drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll................TMZ - as has every other publication that has even hinted about it

5. I've been saying since it came out that a simple statement from Clay would be nice....

6. Jaymes is pregnant

7. Her good friend and ex-sisterinlaw said the baby was not Clay's - then said later she didn't know!

So - other than alot of wishful thinking on the part of some, some "I sure hope not" on the part of others - we don't know diddly squat! It's all imagined scenarios.

IIT I can't imagine that Clay and Jaymes can either keep it secret or never speak of it. That just doesn't make any sense to me - particularly if they're so thrilled about this child. But I also imagine there will be little fanfare and not a whole lot of information.

And part of me wants the child to be born healthy and happy as the product of Jaymes' boyfriend (whoever he is - the guy she was holding hands with in NY) and for Clay to get the last word on the ridiculousness of tabloid gossip that isn't confirmed by the parties involved!!! And then for him to blog and say " it isn't true until you hear it from me - how many times do I have to tell y'all??"

I don't agree that there is a lot of wishful thinking going on. In fact I don't think I've see anyone say I hope it's true. Is there an I hope it's true board out there? I see a lot of IIt I'll be happy for him which isn't the same thing. I think most people just want to know..dude, when's the tour.

Iseeme, who had the source that recanted. I can't even remember anymore.

Yep things will get very interesting in a few weeks I'm sure. Didn't People announce the birth of the jolie pitt baby or was that Entertainment Tonight..what's happened with that..anyone know. Did they ever say..Oops LOL.

ETA: PersonallY I wouldn't be shocked if nobody cares about Somalia and Kenya enough to push out something more important like you know.. .heee thinking real hard about some salicious celeb hot topic but can't think of any. Yeah I think they are only supposed to talk about the topic at hand Play but we know he has to share his topic with stupid stuff before, like the latest happenings on AI. Eh, I think Clay has had to deal with harder topics than IIU... and I know other ambassadors have...his job is bring attention to these issues - would he say...no thank you cuz he didn't want to say no comment?

is it possible that Clay is not doing a Somalia promo tour because people want to ask him about a baby more than the world? Aren't the ambassadors only supposed to speak about UNICEF stuff when interviewed? I thought there was a UNICEF rule or something. No self promotion when talking about UNICEF.

I thought People confirmed it with Df publicist idiot and then did not take it back when he claimed to not have spoken to them.

P.s. Australian Idol is about to start, and I've been told there's a possible "Clay Aiken" in the mix.... this teaser has been running non-stop :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkrPc_FZHbA

Heee Claytonic I noticed that red haired boy straight away! Of course the chances of him having the same quality of voice aren't high :shrug: I can't wait til the new series starts though.

Welcome Clayann!

About the IIT..... I would just like to repeat that, if the leak came from the doctors office, I hope they both are preparing to sue the pants off all involved. Whether true or not.

couchie, this article (from our own news archives) explains the source/recant thing.

FYI, I do try my best to keep up with major news pieces in the Fast Forward News Section.

play, I think UNICEF themselves pretty much "control" the interviews, so yeah, that could be a reason for that.

Welcome clayann!