#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Oh Couch - there have been people on this board who have said they hoped it was true because Clay soooo wanted to be a Daddy. And there are people on other boards saying the same thing.

I think that article ldyj posted is very interesting. It sure didn't get much exposure did it - not as sensationalistic as the TMZ thing.

I have always thought it was odd/strange/questionable that Clay hasn't spoken out. But then I'm reminded it's his personal life and he doesn't have to tell us anything. So......it's interesting to me that some are wishing now that he'd make a statement.

And - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do something Clay or plan something or schedule something, anything, so we'll have something to talk about!!!

Sheesh - when is that Paula Deen show supposed to air?

OT - I was reading where Sarah Silverman and Jimmy Kimmel broke up and did not realize that Jimmy had been married previously and has two children - one of whom is a teenager. Hmmmm.

Also - I was reading a book this morning before work and the author was commenting on someone and it just made me think THREAD TITLE and Clay: "his voice isn't audio, it's chemical!" Hee - when you think about it, he does cause reactions with that voice! Anyway, wanted to share.

ok... let me put it like this..I don't see it as an overwhelming theme here and I don't read anywhere else. I've said myself that thinking about Clay holding a baby/this baby/his baby/jaymes baby brought a smile to my face. If I've ever said I hope it's true then it's been trumped 1000 times by other opinions of the IIU variety and I'm willing to bet that is the same for 95% of the people here. I think 100% of the board will probably agree that we don't know crap.

I'll be the first to admit that keeping my mouth shut on the topic until IIU is revealed, or not, is quite impossible. Sorry to those that don't want to discuss it. I know it's hard if especially when you think Clay is getting a raw deal... I honestly haven't read up much on this whole thing so have missed the inuendo other than what is discussed here.

I think we're also in the same shoes regarding a statement ..it's up to him. And I don't really find it questionable that he isn't making one. I agree that it a very personal matter IIT IIU. But I'd be so happy for him IIT :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I actually think we agree in principle..just have a different way of expressing things. And actually, when I think about it, whatever someone hopes either way doesn't really matter -- but there is a truth and when it comes out hopefully they aren't too invested in an outcome - again one way or the other.

what's this Paula Deen thing I keep hearing about?

ETA: OOH i like that saying... yeah sometimes I can't explain my reaction...a song I've heard Clay sing a million times will bring a chill. He just really moves me. Thread title nom for sure!!

ETAA>>ladyJ heee I do read everything but I'm getting old..just can't remember it all.

Paula Deen's Party...The Food Network. The season premiere is August 2, but so far Clay is not listed for any shows in August, but we know he taped a segment...so maybe in September?

Kim

birthday_53.gifTextwriter and Perma S.

I have to say the feelings are IDF were pretty much Eeeeewww, until the baby pictures appeared - that chenged it to Aaaaawwww, and I think it is pretty quiet there about this now, of course the real news will change it.

What baby pictures?

I admit that one of my initial reactions was "I hope it's true". I am sure I posted as much. Which is what I meant by saying I'd fallen into that ditch and already climbed out of it. :cryingwlaughter: Right now I'm on the fence, I don't believe it, I don't disbelieve it, and as much as I would be tha-rilled for the both of them if it's true, I won't be up-set if it isn't. I'm just so ready to move on and discuss something else! And I just want Clay to be happy. Only he can decide what will make him that way.

Well tomorrow I ony have to work until noon, then I am off and running on my next non-Clay adventure. Have wireless laptop, will travel. ;)

Well - didn't say it was a recurring theme......but it's out there!

I don't know if any of you watch the Paula Deen Party show but it's pretty funny. She really gets all fangirly over the guys that go on there. I love her programs anyway and I think it's going to be a real hoot with the cutesingerman who told Rachel Ray "some of us can't even pour cereal!"

Luckiest - I'm guessing the "baby pictures" were the recent Somalia ones.....

Well for me...when I look at the situation I can't help but think that its true. I am looking at it with as much objectivlty as I can and it has nothing to do with wishful thinking cos I can go either way. But if I look at this logically... I just can;t help but lean towards true.

Talking of babies...I told you about my friend who is having a baby. She is 41 and has Toxemia. They are going to deliver the baby tomorrow and she is not due until the end of Oct. Having a baby later in life is extremely high risk! So I hope everything is going well with YKW IIT!

Happy day to our birthday gals! You know Txwriter you really have to meet us for lunch one day.

Permaswooned and texwriter, HBD! :00000430: :fest30: :cake:

Sorry for the late greeting but today was a doozie for me -- at 2:30 am I finally left the office from the previous day's work, went home, slept a bit, had a 7:30 am conference call, and 2 presentations to finish while working around a noontime doctor's appt, then a meeting with the bosses and finally -- met a girlfriend of mine for dinner at ta-da, Benihana! Funny how a simple supper out can be so much more fun because of something the cute guy did. No I didn't have edamame, and nowadays when I think of messing up with chopsticks I think of Solo instead of Clay. Honestly, when I count how many items she dropped with her chopsticks during our dinner at SF's Chinatown last week compared to Clay on the Benihana video (2-0, tho' she claims that Clay had the video editor remove his bloopers) I can't tell who's been using chopsticks for years.

merrieeee, yes it is a v. risky thing which is why although nothing's confirmed I wanted to send my IIT good thoughts and wishes in case any were needed.

My only other input on IIT/IIU is that I truly admire Canada's data privacy laws and it's high time we passed the equivalent over here!!!

ETA:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I'm bored. Anyone care to share their favorite Clay songs with the word "baby" in it? (ie. where he says "baby" in way that seems extra special)

One of my favorites is JY, Darien Lake:

Night after night I dream you're in my arms

Because your love can heal the scars of a empty soul

Reach for me, baby we'll touch the sky

Totally OT, for you who are fans of oldies but goodies, here's a version of Joe Cocker's "Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" from Woodstock, "with captions for the clear-headed". Give it a few phrases to get started. It's hilarious.

jmh123 This is hilarious and just the break I needed from the IIT and IIU. Thanks.

I will put in my 2 cents worth tho'...I am not going to believe anything until Clay or Jaymes tells us.

Hey I saw Joe Cocker at the dress rehersal when he appeared on Saturday Night Live! He was so drunk, he was taking a piss when he was supposed to be on stage and John Belushi went on stage and "did him" - it was ariot, but the screaming at him by the cast and producers for being a drunk and a druggie kind of ruined it. he was more sober for the live show, which I ran home to see.

What you are forgetting KF, is there is a lot of grades of truth and many variations of what is and many many bits and pieces of details. We don't know, may never know, it IS really none of our business. The person who verified the information claimed he did not verify the information - just the waves and eddies of the media and the fans filling in the blanks for someone who will not help them.

I really do consider more shades of gray than are usually necessary and I strive to do less of that usually. I'm not in a hoping this or hoping that mode, I'm just a curious old girl with a streak of detective in me. And I call them according to what seems most likely, a bit of the old Occam's razor according to me, I guess. Regardless of who did or didn't verify what, when and how, it's undeniably in the oxygen now. I've had people I barely know and had only fleeting conversations with regarding Clay, make a point to ask me if I know he's going to be a father. I just don't see Clay letting this story appear to be an accepted fact if it's not. If it was just TMZ or some supermarket pulp I wouldn't give it the time of day. But he's had a relationship with both People magazine and the Insider. This isn't about his favorite color, or who he goes out with. It's about a baby and I can't believe he wouldn't put a stop to the story if it's untrue. If it's untrue it causes unncessary stress on Jaymes during a high-risk pregnancy. I can't see Clay refusing to clear the air if there's nothing to it. He wouldn't have to say a thing. Jaymes could. Clay's management could. It could easily be dealt with. To me, it's the most plausible thing that it's true, and they're not ready to discuss it.

As far as it being none of our business, I don't quite understand that. When each of my children were born I was happy to tell the world -- I couldn't wait to have the good news spread to people I had worked with, friends in the neighborhood and friends of the family, just everybody that I thought would care about it -- and not because I thought it was actually any of their business, but because I was bursting with pride and joy. So I think that if it is true, we'll hear about it because Clay will be proud, and not because he owes us the information.

Anyway, it always surprises me that the collective blood pressure goes up when this subject is mentioned. Jesus, it must have been a bloodbath out there on some of those boards.

It does make me almost laugh when people mention the shoddy tactics the tabloids use, when I see similar if not worse in what masquerades as mainstream, serious journalism every single day. Usually its a case of part of it's true, and part of it ain't. I've heard many a venerated pundit make fundamental errors about historical events and never correct them because the false premise helps to spin a false conclusion. There's so much of that in the "news" that it's a crying shame. Either they are a bunch of dumb asses who don't know they're wrong, or they're deliberating repeating false information with an agenda. Either way we're screwed.

And then for him to blog and say " it isn't true until you hear it from me - how many times do I have to tell y'all??"

You mean there have never been things that have come out in the media and proved to be true before Clay briefed the fans? I just find it so limiting to hold him to this "don't believe it unless I tell you" thing. I believe that he means exactly that when it comes to his career, but not his real life stuff.

is it possible that Clay is not doing a Somalia promo tour because people want to ask him about a baby more than the world? Aren't the ambassadors only supposed to speak about UNICEF stuff when interviewed? I thought there was a UNICEF rule or something. No self promotion when talking about UNICEF.

I thought People confirmed it with Df publicist idiot and then did not take it back when he claimed to not have spoken to them.

Wasn't it Eric Roberts and his wife who People quoted, saying Jaymes told them at her 50th birthday party in March? That could be wrong, but it's how I remember it. And regarding the interviews, I'm pretty sure that when Clay goes on a UNICEF interview that his intent is for the conversation to be all about UNICEF, but you can't force an interviewer to ask only the questions you want. Clay was on GMA on February 1, 2007, and it was advertised that he would be talking about his UNICEF work, but after about two UNICEF questions Diane Sawyer started asking him about AI, she even asked Clay if he had seen it the night before when the older man auditioned for his deceased wife singing "You Belong To Me" and when Clay said no, she showed the damn video! I think that's the first time I ever heard Clay say he had stopped watching Idol.

Anyway, I'll be interested in how this whole thing plays out, because whether Clay says anything or not, things will get said. And, ultimately, I think it's better for him if he controls the conversation so for that reason, IIT I expect an article somewhere. And then it will be back to life as usual with songs and tours and fun.

Totally OT, for you who are fans of oldies but goodies, here's a version of Joe Cocker's "Get By With a Little Help From My Friends" from Woodstock, "with captions for the clear-headed". Give it a few phrases to get started. It's hilarious.

That was hilarious!! Thanks for the laughs.

If it's untrue it causes unncessary stress on Jaymes during a high-risk pregnancy.

I'm not sure I see this. If it's untrue they might be having a good cackle fest about it all, it seems to me! :cryingwlaughter: If for no reason than the media will have egg and amniotic fluid all over its face when the TRUTH is revealed!

heh

Anyhoo....merrieee...I hope all goes well with your friend. Pregnancy and childbirth are such individual things. I had my daughters at age 38 and 42---healthy pregnancies (I was playing frisbee at 40 weeks with the first and hiking with hubby about a week before the second was born) and pretty routine deliveries (no drugs for either one!). In both cases I was showered and ready to go home a few hours after the girls appeared, although the hospital kept me overnight both times. So let's hope Jaymes is one of the lucky ones, too.

I've missed you guys. Work and real life (mother issues) have kept me scattered, stressed and sometimes downright despondent. Work will work itself out; the mother issues are more delicate and potentially devastating, and I haven't been able to be my 'usual smutty, pointless-posting self at all lately. But I wanted to pop in and say "HI!" so you won't forget me...

And to make sure you don't.... :sleezy:

Iwish.jpg

threateningClay.jpg

post-98-1144219599.jpg

JBTAtlanticCityWDC2.jpg

Waldo3test-1.jpg

Now I gotta get everything packed up---Carrie's softball tournament in S. Lake Tahoe this weekend.

Later, women! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm bored. Anyone care to share their favorite Clay songs with the word "baby" in it? (ie. where he says "baby" in way that seems extra special)

I'll bite. :whistling-1:

"At This Moment"

When I first saw this AI video I remember being struck dumb (shut-up) and experiencing my very first CA "O" moment!

I'd fall down on my knees

Kiss the ground that you walk on baybay

rewind, play, multiples.... :Thud:

Talking of babies...I told you about my friend who is having a baby. She is 41 and has Toxemia. They are going to deliver the baby tomorrow and she is not due until the end of Oct.

Sending good thoughts to her!!

I'll bite. :whistling-1:

"At This Moment"

When I first saw this AI video I remember being struck dumb (shut-up) and experiencing my very first CA "O" moment!

I'd fall down on my knees

Kiss the ground that you walk on baybay

rewind, play, multiples.... :Thud:

Love that one. :flirtysmile3:

I'll add two to the baby category that always got me but its past my bedtime so I'm too tired to give the verses they come from. The one is from The Way and the other is those baby's that we finally got to hear on AI Rewind when he sang Superstar. Love, love, love those and would love to hear him sing like that again, whatever it was he did then was especially hot. No wonder they didn't show it the first time, or any of the other footage they didn't include from the auditions cuz there would have been no contest, not that I thought there was one anyway.

What you are forgetting KF, is there is a lot of grades of truth and many variations of what is and many many bits and pieces of details. We don't know, may never know, it IS really none of our business. The person who verified the information claimed he did not verify the information - just the waves and eddies of the media and the fans filling in the blanks for someone who will not help them.

I really do consider more shades of gray than are usually necessary and I strive to do less of that usually. I'm not in a hoping this or hoping that mode, I'm just a curious old girl with a streak of detective in me. And I call them according to what seems most likely, a bit of the old Occam's razor according to me, I guess. Regardless of who did or didn't verify what, when and how, it's undeniably in the oxygen now. I've had people I barely know and had only fleeting conversations with regarding Clay, make a point to ask me if I know he's going to be a father. I just don't see Clay letting this story appear to be an accepted fact if it's not. If it was just TMZ or some supermarket pulp I wouldn't give it the time of day. But he's had a relationship with both People magazine and the Insider. This isn't about his favorite color, or who he goes out with. It's about a baby and I can't believe he wouldn't put a stop to the story if it's untrue. If it's untrue it causes unncessary stress on Jaymes during a high-risk pregnancy. I can't see Clay refusing to clear the air if there's nothing to it. He wouldn't have to say a thing. Jaymes could. Clay's management could. It could easily be dealt with. To me, it's the most plausible thing that it's true, and they're not ready to discuss it.

I'm leaving this with Clay's PR people. I assume that they had a plan and are sticking with it. I don't think of Jaymes as a delicate flower, she is in pretty good shape to be able to carry the baby to term. If they decided that Jaymes would be responsible for an announcement, they may be sticking with this plan. After all she is doing all the work. I don't think Clay spent any mornings throwing up or trying to squeeze into clothes. :cryingwlaughter:

It does make me almost laugh when people mention the shoddy tactics the tabloids use, when I see similar if not worse in what masquerades as mainstream, serious journalism every single day. Usually its a case of part of it's true, and part of it ain't. I've heard many a venerated pundit make fundamental errors about historical events and never correct them because the false premise helps to spin a false conclusion. There's so much of that in the "news" that it's a crying shame. Either they are a bunch of dumb asses who don't know they're wrong, or they're deliberating repeating false information with an agenda. Either way we're screwed.

I really agree with you about this. I followed a link on a daily political news blog which led to an article from the Hill. In it the writer accused John Edwards of fathering a woman's child while running for VP. The source was the National Enquirer. Because the tabloid had "so much evidence" (of course they wouldn't make anything up) he just knew it was true, despite the woman and another man disclosing it was that man's child.

And then for him to blog and say " it isn't true until you hear it from me - how many times do I have to tell y'all??"

You mean there have never been things that have come out in the media and proved to be true before Clay briefed the fans? I just find it so limiting to hold him to this "don't believe it unless I tell you" thing. I believe that he means exactly that when it comes to his career, but not his real life stuff.

He also said "Don't believe 85% of what you read" on another blog. Or something to that effect.

Anyway, I'll be interested in how this whole thing plays out, because whether Clay says anything or not, things will get said. And, ultimately, I think it's better for him if he controls the conversation so for that reason, IIT I expect an article somewhere. And then it will be back to life as usual with songs and tours and fun.

I really hope so. I get disturbed when I see fans chiding Clay for all the mistakes he is making. He deserves the right to live his life as he sees fit. I don't expect Clay or anyone else to tell me how to run my life anytime soon. :breakpc2::lol:

Edited by jmh123
edited to fix quote tags

Many prayers for the health of your friend and her baby, merrieeee!

I'll play. The two that always get to me are in "The Way" I'm having trouble coming up with the line right before it, but he says, "You, baybay!" and it curls my toes! The other is in "Right Here Waiting"- the line is "Oh can't you see it, baybay"- yummy!

JBTAtlanticCityWDC2.jpg

Waldo3test-1.jpg

Now I gotta get everything packed up---

Seems to me Clay's got that taken care of in those pictures!

... let me put it like this..

... in any great adventure.....

Yes, Spamalot is still invading my brain. :rolleyes:

IIU - I rarely think about it, but when I do, I realize that I really don't have a strong opinion. :idk: It is what it is. IIT, good for them. IINT, well, I think the whole story will just fade into oblivion. I totally agree with JaMar that Clay has drawn a line in the sand and he's just not going to talk about it, IIT or IINT. OK by me. Totally makes sense. He has to claim his life outside of his celebrity, and that's certainly one way to do it. He could milk this story, reinforce his King of Controversy image, and become an even stronger fixture in pop culture. Some would do that. I'm glad he isn't.