#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I take it you didn't have a C-section!!!

Nope, sure didn't, Cotton...but do we know for sure that Jaymes did? Unless there really was some dire reason to have one, she probably could have it naturally, I'd think. I mean, I know she's "of an age" :rolleyes: but who knows? She might be as healthy as a horse...

heh.

horse....

That makes me think of stallion....

:sleezy:

I'm unwilling to hit a Clay-related item on a hateful sight like TMZ because, to my mind, the additional hits and page views make it appear that there's a market for gossip about him and that he's a worthwhile subject to pursue. I don't want to feel like, even in a minuscule way, that I'm helping to put a paparazzi target on Clay's back, and even worse, contributing to the advertising revenue that pays the photographers' salaries. YMMV and all that.

And I realize that, if I really stuck to my guns, I wouldn't look at the pictures posted or download the video from the vault - both of which I did. I'm weak and hypocritical, y'all. :ph34r:

Well, look at it this way (the X-Files way <g>). If one person goes out and buys a National Enquirer, copies it and passes the pics to all their friends, is the NE making more or LESS money?? We did that for David D and XF stuff – we figured by one person buying it and then posting scans on the net we were actually taking money out of their pockets. Same thing with the stuff ripped to the vault. May seem like a fine line, but you rebel where you can. <g> TMZ ain’t making no money by you downloading it from the vault.

This is how I'm trying to look at it. I have never to this day clicked on TMZ or any of the tabloid sites or blogs. I hope to never do so.

But man.... seeing Clay carrying his son (Clay. Carrying his son!) out of the hospital - into his first day in the world? Oh boy! Feels like my heart grew just a little bit more. How does he keep doing that?

I assume Clay is putting his money into a college savings account for Parker.

He sure isn't spending it on clothes. :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, no. No indication Jaymes had a c-section.

Just falling over at you and your apparent shape on delivery day!!!

I also pulled a muscle in my arm or shoulder trying to reach for tissue when the bedside table was positioned BEHIND me!!! :doh:

Made positioning the baby for nursing kind of hard!!!

Yea, we all draw lines in the sand for different ways, like shopping at walmart........and losing some little bit of honor. or not buying nestle. The corporates are taking over and it is hard to buy anything else. I do shop at some independent sotres and do belong to sam's club but it democratic equivalent, Costco. They still buy a lot os things made in China. I don't think I bought any imported clothes until the 90's and that wasn't easy.

There is a differnece for my behavior, I can't control anyone else's and I don't think anyone should expect me to behave the same way they do. We just have different priorities. There are plenty things I don't openly support but partake behind closed doors. I watch Idol because I can't be counted or traced, that may change when I can be in the, probably, near future.

Clay and Money, I am sure he has wisely invested what he has. he does not just do stuff, he seems to think about it for a long, long time.

And I realize that, if I really stuck to my guns, I wouldn't look at the pictures posted or download the video from the vault - both of which I did. I'm weak and hypocritical, y'all. :ph34r:

Aren't we all sometimes! :cryingwlaughter:

What a rush it is to watch that video... thanks to whoever ripped it and got it out for us!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've only watched it @#$ times... shhh! I love the pic of him smiling into the car. In one picture you can just see the top of Parker's head and the wispy darkish hair.

I'm just so happy for him!!!

Just so everyone realizes that Clay isn't the only celebrity who probably "planned" a nicely timed delivery...

Food Network's Tyler Florence Welcomes Baby Girl

Yep, you guessed it...8-08-08 at 8:08 a.m.

My emotions hit overload this afternoon as I was leaving work today. I was thinking about the pictures...and I popped in OMWH. Suddenly, I found myself to be a blubbering mess.

As for the topic in question...I look at it like Heidi does as well, although I have to admit that I'm like bottlecap as well. I can be totally hypocritical in regards to this. I'm just grateful that someone brought over the pictures. Oh wait, that would be me. (To be fair though...I got them from the CH, and didn't click on the link to the gossip site. Am I forgiven?)

Anyone else imagining little baby feet in little mismatched stripey socks? :)

Hm. Paul showed up around 3 on Sunday afternoon - I was back at home Monday morning. We won't discuss the weight (frankly, by that point, I refused to be weighed by my OB-GYN any more). Didn't have a C-section, but did some serious hemorhagging. But once they stopped the bleeding I felt perfectly fine. Oh, and not insane any more. But hell, that was 21 years ago, and lack of insurance was a bugger. Good thing I'm full of good old fashioned peasant stock.

I take it you didn't have a C-section!!!

Nope, sure didn't, Cotton...but do we know for sure that Jaymes did? Unless there really was some dire reason to have one, she probably could have it naturally, I'd think. I mean, I know she's "of an age" :rolleyes: but who knows? She might be as healthy as a horse...

heh.

horse....

That makes me think of stallion....

:sleezy:

You know I think it is pretty safe to say that Jaymes had a C-section.

I don't think having the baby be born on 8/8/08 was unplanned, delivering a first child at age 50 is very highly risky. I cannot see that either Jaymes or Clay would be willing to take that risk and also the medical staff would strongly recommend a C-section. Also the way Jaymes got out of that wheel chair makes me think that she has to have had surgery.

Just think, if you are finally going to have a baby after (presumably) wanting one for years and knowing that the eyes of the "celebrity media" will be on you are you going to take even the slightest risk that something might go wrong with a vaginal delivery?

Even if it is most likely that something happened, I don't like to post as if it is a fact. It misleads people and it might not be true. There has been so much stuff (fake Clay) posted as fact and accepted as true today, that I just avoid it as a general practice, unless I am wrong and mistake something for a fact.

ETA - they probably donated the stuff that came to the hospital. I bet there is a slew of stuff waiting at home I remember after I had an accident and ended up in the ICU, I got a ton of stuff from work and a few friends. I gave it all away when I came home, it was too much to carry and I just did not feel like dealing with stuff, except the cards. I took the cards home for thank you s. The good stuff was from work. I was their big earner bee and was in the middle of a high profile project, they wanted me back fast, heh.

I'm unwilling to hit a Clay-related item on a hateful sight like TMZ because, to my mind, the additional hits and page views make it appear that there's a market for gossip about him and that he's a worthwhile subject to pursue. I don't want to feel like, even in a minuscule way, that I'm helping to put a paparazzi target on Clay's back, and even worse, contributing to the advertising revenue that pays the photographers' salaries. YMMV and all that.

:cryingwlaughter: Your last line did give me a good chuckle, Bottle. So true. But, there obviously is a market for gossip about him. How many of us have watched the video? Each person who watched it, regardless of whether it was on tmz, sendspace or downloaded from the vault, has demonstrated there is indeed a market, we just don't want them to know it.

I just don't think it's any different for me to say, "I wanna see, but I don't want to give them hits so someone go download it for me so they won't think there's a market for it even though there really is because I wanna see!" than it is for me to just go watch it myself. I totally understand that the hits generate revenue that perpetuate the papparazzi/stalking matter. I don't like the papparazzi, either, and I don't like Clay's privacy being invaded, but the truth is, the market is there and they know it, and the biggest market is his own fans. Hell, they probably know that it's in the vault and being shared around cyberspace and are probably laughing their asses off over it. A lot of us wanted to see it. There were probably a few that didn't. I did, and when I want something I generally go get it for myself.

So yeah....I'm agreeing with your assessment that if I really wanted to stick to my convictions about it, I wouldn't have watched it at all.

Wanna know what strikes me as odd about the leaving the hospital pics?

Usually, when you're leaving you are loaded down with flowers and teddy bears and whatnot. Where's all the stuff???!!!

:)

Oh I'm pretty sure they can have two or more cars that came in to take any extraneous stuff away. I'm pretty sure they knew the paparazzi's were there so minimal fuss is the best strategy.

Hee has anyone seen a cargo pants and plad long shirt sleeves for babies???

my personal rule...I don;t click on TMZ or any gossip sites. never even been on PH site ever. But if the pictures or videos were ripped by others and are there for us to enjoy...I will do so with no guilt.

Anyone in the mood for more schmoopiness?

From CV:

From Karma19 at the CB...

Video with TMZ logo removed and sound track changed to "As Long As We're Here". :biggrin:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1c10r6

Karma sent me this Sendspace. I highly recommend the download. :jugglehearts:

Caro :listen:

I agree, Play, about them probably giving the hospital gifts away. I did the same when I was in the hospital last fall.

Anyone else imagining little baby feet in little mismatched stripey socks? :)

Am I the only one that can't see the teeny tiny baby foot sticking out? Would someone draw me a picture, with circles and arrows and stuff? I neeeeeed to see it. :( Ok, instead of panties, should we throw mismatched baby socks onstage at his next concert?

Just kidding..just kidding...