#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!

And you know we are loving every moment! What a ride we are on. The guy is not letting any grass grow under his feet! I guess babies don't spell doom for a career after all! :lmaosmiley-1:

I guess babies don't spell doom for a career after all! :lmaosmiley-1:

Only for those people on 'ignore'. Heh.

Didn't Faye say somewhere (maybe on that cruise?) that we could expect some exciting news (career wise) in August? I guess this was it!! I didn't get to Spamalot for the first run.....I sure hope I can get there this fall!

I just told ldyj that I think we should start an FCA lotto pool so that we can win BIG and all go to NYC!

With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!

Another thread title!

I'm sorry to see mee2u2 is going to have to close her photo site.

I just noticed the captioning at clayaikenpix that he was photographed going back to his hotel with a plate of food after leaving the hosp on 8/8.

Hotel?! Why would he need to stay at a hotel?

I wonder if that was to keep papps from following him to and from his house?

Or just that the traffic between Cary and Durham made him want to stay right at the hospital?

It's a puzzlement.

Here's my question to those of you who have been to a bunch of Broadway shows before, and also know what NYC is like around the holidays...

The best time for hubby and I to go would be between Christmas and New Year's. Both our colleges are closed, so we wouldn't lose any work time. How are the hotels during that time frame, though? That worries me. Also, of course, travel at that time has to be zooey. One more question -- do the actors tend to schedule "time off" during that week? Would there be a good chance that Clay might "opt out" and let the understudy do at least a few of those shows during that frame?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you could manage to go the first week in January, after New Year's, you can get the cheapest hotel deals of that season. Whoops, except that the Clay Nation will be invading then. Next best bet, IMO, would be immediately after Christmas Day.

YAY for Spamalot redux!!!!

My favorite thing Clay has EVER done!!

Woo the hell Hoo! :nanarow:

And boy am I glad I live as close as I do. Between Thanksgiving and New Year's hotel rooms in NY are VERY hard to come by and are even more expensive than usual.

I doubt I will go as much as last time. I really cannot afford it! But I will be there!

I would love it if Hannah came back. I still think its OK to ship them since he and Jaymes are just "dear friends"!

Besides, it fun! :lol:

Looks like I won't make it again this year. For most of the night I've been trying to figure how I could swing it but it just won't work, despite my air miles hoarding.

Why do I *have* to have periodontal surgery and more dental work after that all booked for this fall! :( If my insurance covered it all completely, I would have bought a ticket already, but it's not to be.

I'll just enjoy the stage door clack and hope for a spring tour, right? :)

I love that the AP story, a combination career news and birth announcement, is in the International Herald Tribune. I'm pretty sure that means the NYTimes has it too.

Clay Aiken returns to 'Monty Python's Spamalot'

The Associated Press

Published: August 13, 2008

NEW YORK: Proud poppa Clay Aiken can't get enough of Broadway.

The "American Idol" alum, who recently became a father, will return in September to the New York company of "Monty Python's Spamalot," where he again will play the role of Sir Robin.

Aiken will be in the musical, based on the film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail," Sept. 19-Jan. 4.

On Aug. 8, Aiken announced the birth of his son, Parker Foster Aiken, on his Web site's blog. "No hyphens. One first name," he wrote. "One middle name. One last name."

The baby's mother is Jaymes Foster, Aiken's friend and record producer whom he met while performing on "American Idol." Their son was born at 8:08 a.m. Friday, and weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long, according to the statement on the Web site.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/08/12/...-Clay-Aiken.php

CG... heee I was never much of a shipper... well it took Hannah to make me do it but nah the thrill is gone LOL.

KF I've noticed that most of the announcements of the baby have been great. And I love the press for Spamalot. And I love that the rest of the year he'll be doing the show again. Wonder if they'll dust off those bus signs or if the promo budget will be as big as it was the first time. Mostly I'm just happy that Clay will be surrounded by good people. Although is any of his people left? eeek. Anybody left of the cast when Clay was there?

Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes & Bradley Dean. It looks like all of them are in through Jan. '09. I'm going to miss David Hibbard. He'll always be Patsy, for me.

from Emerald Eyes at CV...

It should be quite a closing night. According to a poster on the OFC Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes and Bradley Dean are contracted through Jan. 4. Should be a fun show ( and quite balmy in the Shubert alley).

But couchie, if you saw them together again, I bet the thrill would return! I mean, that "friend" thing seemed rather deliberate and it shows up in every article about the birth. Maybe its because he has someone in his life and that someone is Hannah!

He can have a Baby Mama and a girlfriend and still be a great father! And if it was Hannah, when they met Jaymes would have been pregnant already which means that would have been something she would have known about him from the start so when they fell madly in love it didn't phase her because it was a part of who he was! That would have made it much easier for her to accept.

Not that I have given this any thought or anything...... :cryingwlaughter:

I've been wondering where Jaymes' family has been through all this. No word from them at all, not even brother David. Seems odd somehow. Odder still that the press hasn't been bugging David for a comment!

So..... how many kids does this mean Clay has? FBM had twins, right? And then wasn't one of her friends also pregnant by Clay when Spamalot ended??? ;)

Here's my question to those of you who have been to a bunch of Broadway shows before, and also know what NYC is like around the holidays...

The best time for hubby and I to go would be between Christmas and New Year's. Both our colleges are closed, so we wouldn't lose any work time. How are the hotels during that time frame, though? That worries me. Also, of course, travel at that time has to be zooey. One more question -- do the actors tend to schedule "time off" during that week? Would there be a good chance that Clay might "opt out" and let the understudy do at least a few of those shows during that frame?

Any help would be appreciated.

If you could manage to go the first week in January, after New Year's, you can get the cheapest hotel deals of that season. Whoops, except that the Clay Nation will be invading then. Next best bet, IMO, would be immediately after Christmas Day.

Thank you for the info! I was wondering about that. I have tickets to 1/3 and 1/4. While DH and I would like to be in Times Square on NYE, the cheaper hotel might make it worth going later - and help my willpower not to go to more shows. :cryingwlaughter:

More of this: :hubbahubba:

P1080504.jpg

Happy Birthday cha cha

:04: :fest09: :hb2: :2164: :partygirl::fest06::nanarow:

Wow you guys are talkative. Took a while to catch up.

I guess I'll be making it up the highway once again to see Spamalot. Hopefully Mr. Fear will accompany me. It's a long drive.

The hospital photos in High Definition are quite good. It appears that some were taken at an angle because the birth day photos Clay is much slimmer. I tried to copy them but this laptop is not good for HD quality.

After four trips we have the dvr and HD working at our house . They had to send out the big guns. He determined that they will come back and rewire everything for the cable. I guess we have to hide the other three computers in our house since we only pay for one. EEck! :scream:

Can't believe I'm only just going home... (boy am I tired - did 3 system designs over 36 hours)... and that there are still 40 users online right now!

*repeat request - please don't fill up my inbox, could those who know my e-mail (looks pointedly at the eHP) use e-mail?*

(sigh! what's the use? telling the eHP that something is about to overflow just encourages us! -- and yes, I resemble that remark so I guess I shouldn't complain... )