#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I wasn't dreaming right? Clay had a baby and he's going back to Spamalot?

I had the same dream...so it must be true!!!!

You see, it's all a show, happy ending and all....

I'm glad that Clay is doing Spamalot again, fun for him and a way to be close to Parker. But there is no way I can get to NY again during that time...if it had been the same time frame as this year I think I would or if I lived in Southern Ontario. A drive through upstate New York in October would be lovely.

from snowluv4 at CV:

Quote:

"On My Way Here" on compilation album 'Super Hero' for Olympics in Korea

This is the article

Quote:

The multinational music label Sony BMG and MBC jointly released the album 'Super Hero'to give tribute to Korean players and to wish their best performances on the Olympics.

19 famous pop stars including American Idol season2 runner-up Clay Aiken, 2007 Grammy winner John Mayer, Scorpions,Alan Parsons Projet,Backstreet Boys gave their songs to 'Super Hero' album wishing luck to Korean team who participate in 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Sony/BMG executives said, "In order to find appropriate songs for the Olympics, we have gotten recommendations for songs from online users who love pop and executives from major label under Sony/BMG around the world for a long time.In that process,19 famous artists allowed their songs to be featured in this album" explaining how the songs were put together for the album. He added "Therefore, this album is meaningful as artists from all around the world tribute their songs for Korean team. There are many excellent pieces in the album so I dare say that this is the best compilation album yet."

In this 'Super Hero' album, Clay Aiken's 'On My Way Here',already used in the promo for MBC Olympics broadcasting, BSB's "Something that I already know', John Mayer's 'Say',Scorpions' 'The game of life', Alan Parsons Project's 'Sirius' are included.

Tracklist

1. On My Way Here (Clay Aiken)

2. Make Some Noise (Krystal Meyers)

3. Sleepless (Until June)

4. Still Fighting It (Ben Folds)

5. Something That I Already Know (Backstreet Boys)

6. Ready To Fly (Amy Pearson)

7. Here'S To The Heroes (Mario Frangoulis)

8. Angel (Sarah Mclachlan)

9. Bottle It Up (Sara Bareilles)

10. Stamp Your Feet (Donna Summer)

11. The Great Escape (Boys Like Girls)

12. Unbreakable (Fireflight)

13. Over You (Daughtry)

14. Say (John Mayer)

15. I Don'T Want To Be (Gavin Degraw)

16. Right Now (Sr-71)

17. The Game Of Life (Scorpions)

18. Don'T Stop Believin' (Journey)

19. Sirius (Alan Parsons Project)

and this was the message from Sony/BMG Korea guy who takes charge of Clay since this June.(Clearly he works his butt off)

It was written at the end of July but I didn't post it until it is confirmed.

Quote:

Clay Aiken's songs are played on MBC TV program many times recently..

However,it is just a start.From August 8 when the Beijing Olympics starts, we decided to play Clay's song in highlight scenes on MBC.

Also,jointly with MBC, we will release compilation album "Super Hero" which will include On My Way Here.

In foreign countries, Broadcast stations should pay for the songs they play in promos or TV programs.However, Korea's municiap law allows relatively free use of the songs so the songs can have more exposures.

Keep paying attention to these, and I hope this to be an opportunity for "Victorious Clay Aiken"

Please spread the word about Clay and kindly answer to people who asks about the song used in the Olympics!

CD Cover

on People.com

Clay Aiken Returning to Broadway

Especially loved this part:

According to Variety, Aiken’s initial run in Spamalot "had a noticeable effect on box office. Weekly sales ... surged the week Aiken joined the cast and took a steep tumble ... after he departed."

duh. ya think?

duh. ya think?

D101!

Although I'm sure there are the usual suspects somewhere bemoaning this return to Broadway for Clay---saying that it's the end of his singing career, etc.---I can't help but think how wonderful this must be for him. He really impressed people---the 'right' people---with his initial theater adventure and so they LOGICALLY bring him back. He finishes a CD that he's proud of and that his fans love. He involves himself with UNICEF in Somalia. He becomes a father and everyone is healthy and happy.

And now. Now he can return to something he KNOWS---he OWNS the role of Sir Robin---be in one place for the crucial first months of his son's life and be just a very quick plane ride from his real home in Raleigh. I can't imagine that Jaymes and Parker won't be in New York with him while he's there. How exciting it will be for him to be 'working' on stage, knowing that he has that baby waiting for him when he's finished with his bows. Bet he'll be showing Parker off to the cast and crew, fo' sho! I'm so happy for this man.

I also think that more promo for the CD will be entwined with this new publicity push for him. I love that all these things develop and we get to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! over them. So all the people who were angsting over Clay 'not doing anything for a whole summer and jeopardizing his career'....

:whistling-1:

Although I'm sure there are the usual suspects somewhere bemoaning this return to Broadway for Clay---saying that it's the end of his singing career, etc.---I can't help but think how wonderful this must be for him. He really impressed people---the 'right' people---with his initial theater adventure and so they LOGICALLY bring him back. He finishes a CD that he's proud of and that his fans love. He involves himself with UNICEF in Somalia. He becomes a father and everyone is healthy and happy.

And now. Now he can return to something he KNOWS---he OWNS the role of Sir Robin---be in one place for the crucial first months of his son's life and be just a very quick plane ride from his real home in Raleigh. I can't imagine that Jaymes and Parker won't be in New York with him while he's there. How exciting it will be for him to be 'working' on stage, knowing that he has that baby waiting for him when he's finished with his bows. Bet he'll be showing Parker off to the cast and crew, fo' sho! I'm so happy for this man.

I also think that more promo for the CD will be entwined with this new publicity push for him. I love that all these things develop and we get to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! over them. So all the people who were angsting over Clay 'not doing anything for a whole summer and jeopardizing his career'....

Allow me to to word you!!!

I can get behind this, muski! :clap:

The following is not meant to shut anyone down from expressing their opinions - as I've stated before, I have no problem with that and that's what I'm going to do right now....

:onsoapbox:

I am sick to death of miserable people in this fandom trying to bring everyone down with them. I'm talking about people who can't deal with the fact that not everyone is unhappy - about the baby news, Spamalot, no pop tour, no Christmas tour, album promo, whatever - and go around whining ad nauseum that there must be something wrong with the rest of us. We must be over invested. We must be delusional. We can't see the writing on the wall.

Excuse me.

Maybe, just maybe, we are here to enjoy* Clay Aiken and see what comes next. Maybe we see other things more worthy of angst - family, jobs, finances, war, finding the next suitable leader for our country. Maybe we think others should be left to make up their own minds and not tell them how we think they should think or feel. Maybe we prefer not to let things that really don't affect us, affect us! [/soap box]

Ahem.

Now, to lighten things up a bit....

*en·joy [en-joi] - verb (used with object)

1. to experience with joy; take pleasure in: He enjoys Chinese food.

As we've seen in the Mo Rocca interview.

2. to have and use with satisfaction; have the benefit of: She enjoys an excellent income from her trust funds.

We wish!

3. to find or experience pleasure for (oneself): She seems to enjoy herself at everything she does.

Especially when it involves Clay Aiken.

4. to undergo (an improvement): Automobile manufacturers The travel industry have has enjoyed a rise in revenue over the past month five years.

Seriously.

5. to have intercourse with. :blink:

I'll leave that one to the smutters...

Heh.

heee I love a good rant. Verrra verrra nice Annabear LOL.

Well said Muski. I don't worry over Clay anymore. At some point I just accepted he has a career. Because of his various talents it may turn out to be different than "pop star" but that doesn't matter to me. He's going to be around, doing something to entertain us and it won't involve desperate measures that some people resort to to stay in the limelight. And the weird part is that I also feel that if all opportunity fades away he would still have a very productive life through his charitable works. He will always be around to entertain us. I know it's hard to believe when things aren't going the way we would like them to but I think the main thing for us to learn is that Clay doesn't need to be in the spotlight every second of his life and if he has down time for a month, or two, or 6 or even a year that it isn't all over.

Apply BW's disclaimer for all the uses of the word we and us..although in this case I've already learned so none of this applies to me but don't want to be rude :cryingwlaughter:

Sadly - just as in RL, there are those who are never happier than when they are miserable. And they want everyone else to be miserable with them.

I really would like to tell a few people to

get over themselves or just

GO FOLLOW CONSTANTINE!!!

muski, I'm with you 100% on that. I was just thinking this morning (in the shower, where I always do my best thinking) that, IMO, this is turning out to be a banner year for Clay Aiken. Taking Broadway by storm. Releasing an album of original music. Having a child. Coming back to Broadway again. To me, there's so much to be proud of, and I'm envious that he's got a life that he looks to totally enjoy. Not many of us have that chance (there's almost always something that isn't good), and he probably has those not good things, too. But he sure seems to me to be happy, healthy, and wise. And I've never once lost confidence in him, and whether he'd be "back."

*sigh*

I like annabear's soapbox. A lot. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And just because... :013085001176249046:

Good morning or afternoon - depending on where you are.

Just weighing in on Spamalot. I think it's a great move for Clay. I wonder if his run would have been longer were it not for Parker's pending entrance into the world. I'm not the least bit surprised that they want him back as Sir Robin! He DOES own that role - brought a new dimension to it and redefined it. It was nothing short of phenomenol that a man could make his Broadway debut in a role that was made famous by someone of the calibre of David Hyde Pierce and make it his own! Certainly speaks to Clay's enormous talent - not just as a singer. And contrary to some's opinion, I don't think it was just Claymates filling those seats for those 4 months!

Will he have Jaymes and the baby with him? Who knows. He could also go home every Monday morning and come back Tuesday afternoon if he wanted to. Doesn't matter. They'll figure out what's best for everyone.

I hope to see him back on the talk show circuit soon. And I'm still waiting to see his cute self on Paula Deen's Party!

For those who can't afford to see Clay in NYC...you might try to win this:

My Coke Rewards

Good for airfare for 2, two tickets for Spamalot on Saturday, November 8, Dinner at Juniors, and accomodations at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel.

If that wasn't smack dab in the middle of my Disney World trip, I'd enter...

ETA: Woohoo! I just checked the cast list on the Spamalot ticket site -- and David Hibbard is coming back beginning September 16!! WOOOHOO!!!!! From the Telecharge website:

Stephen Collins (thru 9/14), David Hibbard (begins 9/16), Marin Mazzie (thru 8/31), Merle Dandridge (begins 9/2), Drew Lachey (thru 9/14), Clay Aiken (9/19 - 1/4), Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes, Bradley Dean, Robert Petkoff (thru 9/18), Wally Dunn

I have no idea where y'all are reading, cuz I haven't seen anything resembling that. But I love the rants all the same! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

For those who can't afford to see Clay in NYC...you might try to win this:

My Coke Rewards

Good for airfare for 2, two tickets for Spamalot on Saturday, November 8, Dinner at Juniors, and accomodations at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel.

If that wasn't smack dab in the middle of my Disney World trip, I'd enter...

Just an FYI that this doesn't apply to those who don't live in the US. Yep, hee, already read those rules earlier today....

I love that David Hibbard is coming back. He was great.

which one was he.

heee Lucky... yep..a good rant is a good rant, no matter the suject matter. She got good style points and bonus points for tapering off with something funny. I give it a 9.596 :cryingwlaughter: She had that little wobble in the second paragraph so had to take off a few tenths hee. I think I'm on Olympics overload.