#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Who will be the new king?

I have to say at first people were very nice about Collins and Lachey, but lately the reviews have not been so nice. So, I am glad to see they will be gone. I think they were supposed to stay a bit longer.

For some reason, the 3 times I tried it, telecharge crashed my computer, so I can't see who else I recognize.

I think I have reachedthe point where I don't need an ignore button on the "usual suspects" any more I have them on mental ignore and just don't care if fthey are unhappy anymore. How can I care, they are in their normal state - being miserable. Now if there was one single thing they were happy about, I might reconsider, but there are a handful of people who are not now and have never been happy. Nope, no one can make me sad about Clay. How many times did we say we wanted to see him happy, and now we can see the joy in his face (or at least imagine it), so didn't we get what we wanted.

I keep seeing Cindilu's emoticon all over the place. Should I be telling people that she created/adapted it? They don't seem to know.

Well the London show is closing Jan 3rd. I wonder if the Broadway version is closing Jan 4th?

SPAMALOT London Closes in January, Bhaskar Takes Crown

The West End production of SPAMALOT has posted closing notices. The Monty Python musical had its UK premiere at the Palace Theatre on 16 October 2006 (previews from 30 September). It will have its final West End performance on 3 January 2009, before embarking on a UK tour next April.

Click here for the full story.

GO FOLLOW CONSTANTINE!!

Ewwww!!!! he might raise his arms.

Yeah, but since they would GO FOLLOW HIM I wouldn't being seeing it or hearing about it - they'd be whining on a Connie board instead of my Clay Aiken board!!

Works for me!

:7:

I've bought my tickets for NYC--October 14-20. I stayed at a godawful hotel, so I would love some recommendations for CLEAN reasonably priced hotels near the theater (if possible) although we took the bus before and that was ok, but we want to stay in Manhattan.

Too bad they shut down the woman's hotel in the city in the 60's. I knew many young women who stayedthere

Of course, no genetlemen or alcohol was allowed and you were expected to leave dressed properly (I don't think gloves were required)

I might have come in handy with all these women in the city.

I seriously think you all should take over the West Side YMCA. My eldest stayed there last summer/fall, $75 a night, private room with a bath and a view of Central Park out her window. She said the cafeteria downstairs was good enough and resonable. The Y was clean and safe. It is several blocks from the Shubert.

West Side Y

West Side Y- a few reviews

Annabear, I sympathize. I was at the OFC and saw the same 2 posters who were posting on the CB about how disappointed they were with the news, and not only do they have to post on at least 2 boards how sad they are, but they have to make sure that their disappointment is reflected on each and every page of the thread. It's not that I don't understand being disappointed if you can't go because it would probably kill me not to see at least one performance, but if you can't even enjoy the excitement and all the recaps and news we get from each performance, then you truly are looking for ways to feel sorry for yourself. My opinion only and all that.

Me, I'm excited and can't wait for recaps and going to some shows and spending money that I don't have, etc. Just glad to have something to be excited about since the summer months were driving me crazy. I needed my fix and now we'll have 5 months of almost constant updates.

I am sick to death of miserable people in this fandom trying to bring everyone down with them. I'm talking about people who can't deal with the fact that not everyone is unhappy - about the baby news, Spamalot, no pop tour, no Christmas tour, album promo, whatever - and go around whining ad nauseum that there must be something wrong with the rest of us. We must be over invested. We must be delusional. We can't see the writing on the wall.

Thank You!!

Oh, you forgot one.

We're not realists...

I'd like to send every one of them a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get that damn writing off their walls!

They act as if Clay DID something to them.

Good grief...who are the over invested ones.

Whew...I didn't realize how much I neded to rant :rolleyes:

I keep seeing Cindilu's emoticon all over the place. Should I be telling people that she created/adapted it? They don't seem to know.

Thanks, play - I'd appreciate it if you let them know (and am assuming it's being used appropriately??)

Some people are only happy when they are miserable. My rule is change the subject and don't respond. :notcaring:

What's with those others who beg them to stay? Good riddance.

Mr. Fear doesn't seem to care if he goes to Spamalot or not. I even offered to drop him off at his sister's farm, but he started screaming no. I guess I'll leave him home. It'll be cheaper too. :canfly:

Oh, yeah, it is being used appropriately, especially the pants siling one, popping up with a lot of Spamalot jokes.

No worry about that. They just don't seem to know where it originated.

You know this fandom, everything gets adopted and spreads like wildfire, even fake stories, heh. Well, maybe especially fake stories.

I see some people are calling for Clay to start his own label, not understanding the cost it would take on his career and his pocketbook and sales figures. has Bo even reached 30K yet?

Wheeeee! I love David Hibbard too!

Me too!

I did give credit when I posted at the OFC, as did Thankful, but people have really run with that cute little bucket hat baby! I haven't seen any inappropriate use.

Evidently several of us needed a rant. My theme recently, said in best Prince Herbert voice, has been: "And that just makes me want to sing scream..."

For those who can't afford to see Clay in NYC...you might try to win this:

My Coke Rewards

Good for airfare for 2, two tickets for Spamalot on Saturday, November 8, Dinner at Juniors, and accomodations at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel.

If that wasn't smack dab in the middle of my Disney World trip, I'd enter...

ETA: Woohoo! I just checked the cast list on the Spamalot ticket site -- and David Hibbard is coming back beginning September 16!! WOOOHOO!!!!! From the Telecharge website:

Stephen Collins (thru 9/14), David Hibbard (begins 9/16), Marin Mazzie (thru 8/31), Merle Dandridge (begins 9/2), Drew Lachey (thru 9/14), Clay Aiken (9/19 - 1/4), Tom Deckman, Rick Holmes, Bradley Dean, Robert Petkoff (thru 9/18), Wally Dunn

Thanks, ldyj!! I entered immediately, and I'm going to enter some more.

Like playbiller, I wonder who will be playing the king. I wonder if the Broadway show is closing on Jan. 4 since the London show is closing Jan. 3.

I love that David Hibbard is coming back. He was great.

which one was he.

heee Lucky... yep..a good rant is a good rant, no matter the suject matter. She got good style points and bonus points for tapering off with something funny. I give it a 9.596 :cryingwlaughter: She had that little wobble in the second paragraph so had to take off a few tenths hee. I think I'm on Olympics overload.

Patsy!!

BWAH!!

I stayed at the Belevedere Hotel before. It was nice, close by, had a little microwave and frig. Look for specials.

I know it's his key - but does it look to anybody else like Clay came out packing heat?! :cryingwlaughter:

20080808-003-Hospital.jpg

Cotton... He's definitely packin' sompin. :cryingwlaughter: That shirt looks two sizes too big. Anyone know what kinda car that is... I like the gray/black, which looks like a convertible.

I wasn't dreaming right? Clay had a baby and he's going back to Spamalot?

I had the same dream...so it must be true!!!!

You see, it's all a show, happy ending and all....

anna... BWAH!!! Do you have the Spamalot dialog memorized. That's funny!

This is very exciting, tho I won't be able to go... again! Next year I coulda, but not this year. I hope they get a good King!

This is so perfect for him for the first months of fatherhood/motherhood and without the CD, he'll have all day with the baby. Tour next spring/summer will be perfect, too.

Do you realize that he will probably have to go back the week of the 8th for rehearsals. Now, he knows the part, but he has to get back into shape and gel with the actors, but that's only a few weeks from now. Parker will be a month old and safe to travel, especially if they drive. This is sooo exciting.

Can someone explain to me how to enter that COKE contest? It says mail in an entry, but where do you get the entry? Thanks!

For those who can't afford to see Clay in NYC...you might try to win this:

My Coke Rewards

Good for airfare for 2, two tickets for Spamalot on Saturday, November 8, Dinner at Juniors, and accomodations at the 70 Park Avenue Hotel.

If that wasn't smack dab in the middle of my Disney World trip, I'd enter..

Well, I have a dilema; hubby works for Frito-Lay which owned by Pepsico...would it be disloyal to enter this contest?

Kim

Guest SidiDenak

I remember when I had my son. I was always a size 5 (5'-4") and my doctor let me gain 48 lbs (all went to my stomach). I left the hospital wearing a Mu Mu that I wore there. When I went to buy clothing to go back to work, I didn't know what size I was and I soon found out: I HAD TO BUY PANTS THAT WERE SIZE 16. I had several operations after that because my doctor should have measured me before my 9 months. This was in 1965 and everytime I said to him: "the girls at work said that I should have been measured sooner" my doctor (who was an old fashion doctor) would say to me: "mother, don't listen to your co-workers, I've been delivering babies for years now and you'll be in labor for hours since it's your first baby". HELLO! I was only in labor for 1:23 minutes and it took 1 hour to get to the hospital which was in the suburbs. They rolled me into what was a "linen closet" pushed my Mu Mu over my head (and my doctor hadn't even gotten to the hospital). I remember I was so upset becaue I kept telling them that I needed to GO TO THE BATHROOM and the nurse kept telling me to GO ON THE BED while she was telling another nurse to hurry up with prepping me and an Intern came in and squatted down and my baby was born. HE TORE ME UP COMING OUT SO FAST and I had to have several operations and lost a child the following year because MY DOCTOR DIDN'T MEASURE ME EARLIER. My new doctor said that I could have lost my baby by not being measured earlier and he could have been born a BREACH BABY. Thank God I didn't. Back then, there was never any talk about SUEING A PHYSICIAN either.

I looked at Jaymes and I must say, SHE LOOKS MIGHTY FINE FOR BEING 50. In fact, JMHO, when I looked at Clay and then at Jaymes . . . I JUST CAN'T SEE WHAT ALL THE FUSS IS OVER AGE.

They oohed and ahhed over Donald Trump marrying his latest TROPHY WIFE; I read where CHER who is 61 is marrying a 38 year old and it's ALL GOOD WITH HOLLYWOOD. But no matter what Clay does, he just can't get a break. I truely believe after what Clay has been through in life and after going to all the War Torn Countries and seeing all those children that are fighting to ljust ive to see another day in the horrendous conditions of their country; Clay has grown a very thick skin and doesn't give a RATS PATOOTY what they say about him especially what he's witnessed on all his UNICEF Trips.

Now I'm just wondering, since PFA is part Canuck, will he sing ala Michael Buble, Bryan Adams, Robert Goulet, etc. or will he have his father's PIPES?

Did anyone notice how Jerome threw the diaper over his shoulder? Not only will he have to walk the dogs, he's gonna be in for a lot of "burping PFA". I'm so over the moon with joy for Jaymes, Clay and Parker Foster Aiken.

I can just see Clay coming out to sign autographs after SPAMALOT and being given all those little "stripe booties, etc." by his fans.

I'm thinking that's his first post-ai car, the volvo convertible.

Didn't he send it back to Raleigh after he figured out he couldn't be driving a convertible with the papps following him everywhere?

Just went on a car search with a little help from a car-enthusiast friend here ... and we made the car as a new Saab convertible, which was not hard to pinpoint with the tell-tale "93" on the back of the hospital picture. The fourth picture on the first row down at the bottom nailed it: http://www.saabusa.com/saabjsp/93c/index.jsp

That's a mighty fine ride there, and not cheap for sure!

ETA: I love the People pic and article. I'm hoping we'll get pictures of baby Parker in People before tooooo long. Maybe when he's a few weeks older. Clay will be opening in Spamalot again on the Friday that Parker will be six-weeks old.

I'm elated that David Hibbard will be coming back. I adored him as Patsy -- my favorite character after Clay's Sir Robin. Now, who is the King?

SidiDenak-- I thought your post was interesting. that's so bad. When my daughter was born- No one knew she had a twin in there, too. No ultrasound. The second baby was stillborn. It is my opinion that they didn't get her out fast enough because they didn't know the second one was up there.

I found out later that the ObGyn had a little drinking problem. So sad.

I'm very happy about Clay , Jaymes and Parker, also. These are the things that life is all about.

I want one of those cars and would it be safe to assume--- So does CAP!!!!!!LOL!!!

That's interesting about the car. I was already plotting how I could ask my co-worker (who's as crazy enthusiastic about cars as I am about Clay) if he could identify the make from the picture without looking like an insane stalker. [Yeah, I think that ship has sailed... :P ]

Anyway, my co-worker was out sick today, so now I don't have to embarrass myself by asking.

Here's a lovely post from Cap at RHT. She apparently knows a lot about his car:

th_normal_20080808-006-Hospital.jpg

Not a very family friendly car, a 2009 Saab 9-3 Convertible. Wonder how many vehicles Clay has?

Heh. Maybe the car had hair on the seat. Bad hair. That will ruin his career. And probably sink Saab along with it.

ETA: Wonder if it's for sale yet? Hopefully it was a rental.