#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Kandre and Scarlett Bon Voyage!!!!

I love this little (somewhat dysfunctional) family we have here at FCA. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Season 7 Ai is touring now

That's what I was thinking!! I wondered why, tho, they only have half the stats for the AI6 tour!

I also noticed that it looked like the number of shows went up progressively from the first year,

with one exception. greedy buggers!!

AI1-30, AI2-41, AI3-49, AI4-42, AI5-59, AI6-59 or 60??

They are really workin those poor kids to death! I hope they paid them well.

Didn't Ruben get $100,000 for his tour? What do the others get?

eta: I went to the AI7 show last week, it seemed pretty packed!! David Cook really rocked the house!! I have vids to share, but I have to 'render' them first. I might get around to it next week!! :D

SCARLETT AND KANDRE!! :bye2: :04:

Can't wait to hear some recaps!!

Have a great trip Scarlett and K'Andre and please send us news of your adventures.

I just got back from seeing Mama Mia with a couple of friends and I'm so glad that I did. I really enjoyed it and laughter is so good for the spirit...I felt quite light by the end.

It didn't matter one bit to me that Pierce Brosman's voice isn't the best.

Thanks for the wellwishes, Carolina Clay, keepingfaith, Iseeme, aikim, ldyjocelyn, FromClaygary, annabear, Claygasm, Perma, Gibby, Cotton!!! (I hope I didn't miss anyone - :F_05BL17blowkiss: but the search engine won't let me search for eHP.

FromClaygary, have fun in Moncton!

.... :couch1:

OMG, I posted this at 10 while munching from a plate of wings and literally fell asleep. Woke up with a start at 2am when my arm felt itchy -- I had fallen asleep next to the wings and they were crawling with ants! I hadn't packed, hadn't answered my messages (see below), hadn't washed, hadn't done anything! I had no idea what time KAndre was swinging by my house to pick me up and I'm not sure I gave her the right gate key code; besides, she doesn't have my apt number. Eeeeeek! So I tossed some clothes into a suitcase -- luckily I wasn't fully unpacked from San Francisco so my basic supplies / lens case / toiletries were still there, ran the dishwasher (after tossing in the plate that had the wings), took a quick shower and then checked my phone & realized that KAndre wouldn't be here until 6am! Now what am I to do with myself at 4:30 am with 1.5 hours on my hands? I guess I can sit here and post about how much I'll miss everyone.

Oh and luckily I'd fixed my houseplants before I fixed my supper so I'm all set - didn't find the water bulbs (MUAH to Cotton and annabear and Gibby, next time I'll have some) but thanks to a suggestion from Iseeme I put them all in a large planter tub (standing on bricks) and filled it with enough water to last 10 days (I hope!)

We'll probably check in briefly at Newark Airport and after that you're going to read the first report from Hong Kong (along with the account of what it was like to fly over the Arctic Circle - one of us giggling and the other grabbing every blanket within reach, ooooh I pity those travellers who'll be sitting near us today.... *giggles*)

SOMEBODY, who happens to live in HOUSTON and is going to HONG KONG tomorrow, really ought to check her cell phone voice mail. Just sayin'.

waves madly at all the people waving madly at her...

Eh, we're just going to be going, why not?

Ha, I personally find swear words quite useful...and we will sorta be in the same time zone! It's fate!

OMG, I forgot to study Chinese swear words! Need to google for a site that has those, preferably with sample mp3's!!! (or could you upload some to the media site, claytonic?)

Oh, I guess I'll survive. As long as I know how to say this I'm fine:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

OTOH, wouldn't it be cool to have a ringtone with the same guy who says "I'm sure you recognize this voice... I need you to pick up the phone right now." doing the exact same thing but in Mandarin? I bet if he did it it Korean he could finance 50 TBAF camps just on Korean sales alone.

Later!!!

ps KAndre, yes please we need a shuttle to the hotel... thanks ... (I hope you read this before leaving... of course you will... you don't leave the house w/o checking FCA even when you and keepingfaith are rushing to meet us)

*waves wildly at claytonic, jmh123 (don't forget our date to do this + Shanghai + Xian someday), wandacleo, Muski, cha cha, Lotus and Couch Tomato!!!*

Oh, it sure is! Anne of Green Gables EVERY-thing! It's kind of lost on me, as the books were after my time...but I did visit the house briefly last year. I didn't go IN the house, just kind of looked around. It's in a quite lovely park area...and you'd love the island, I'm sure. You definitely should get there!

WOW! You must be ancient. Anne was published in 1908. :F_05BL17blowkiss: And I thought I was old. I first read it in an old beat-up copy that had been my Mother's.

FromClaygary, what's Charlottetown PEI???

Not to show my ignorance or anything?

That would be Charlottetown (the capital city) and Prince Edward Island (the province). PEI is one of the Maritime provinces of Canada.

FromClaygary, what's Charlottetown PEI???

Not to show my ignorance or anything?

Not sure if you're referencing the Charlottetown part or the PEI part...but here's the answer to both:

Charlottetown tourism

Charlottetown city site

Oh, it sure is! Anne of Green Gables EVERY-thing! It's kind of lost on me, as the books were after my time...but I did visit the house briefly last year. I didn't go IN the house, just kind of looked around. It's in a quite lovely park area...and you'd love the island, I'm sure. You definitely should get there!

WOW! You must be ancient. Anne was published in 1908. :F_05BL17blowkiss: And I thought I was old. I first read it in an old beat-up copy that had been my Mother's.

Well, I'm old but not THAT old! :hysterical: Never even heard of them (and I'm a voracious reader) until there was some kind of a series on TV I'm not sure how many years ago~maybe 20-30? And at that stage, as an adult, it wasn't something that appealed to me so I never watched it. I do know who she is, and the general storyline, but that's about it. As I said, the furor is lost on me.

I even worked in our local library as a volunteer from the time I was about 10 until I was 17; but the book(s?) weren't in it.

Mornin' everyone!

Just a quick reminder...today is the rerun showing of the Rachael Ray show from last May. One of my most favorite interviews of his....

Other than that...nuthin'. Carry on.

Just a quick reminder...today is the rerun showing of the Rachael Ray show from last May. One of my most favorite interviews of his....

Thanks for the reminder - set to record!

I had to go through and make sure I didn't already have it in my saved programs!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

29 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

37 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

58 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Bon Voyage Scarlett and K'Andre!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Well, I'm old but not THAT old! :hysterical: Never even heard of them (and I'm a voracious reader) until there was some kind of a series on TV I'm not sure how many years ago~maybe 20-30? And at that stage, as an adult, it wasn't something that appealed to me so I never watched it. I do know who she is, and the general storyline, but that's about it. As I said, the furor is lost on me.

I even worked in our local library as a volunteer from the time I was about 10 until I was 17; but the book(s?) weren't in it.

Yes. I think their popularity skipped a generation (ours). They were very sucessful with my mother's generation (she was born in 1914), but nobody else that was my age read them. Then the TV series came along and the rest is history. Actually there was another series that Montgomery wrote about Emily, that I preferred, but I don't think anyone reads that one at all now.

2008 Bubel/Aiken Foundataion Champions of Change Honorees

8/19/2008

2008 Bubel/Aiken Foundation Champions of Change Honorees

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation is pleased to announce its 2008 Champion of Change honorees, with awards to be presented at a gala benefit dinner celebrating the fifth anniversary of the foundation. The benefit and awards dinner will be held at 5 PM on Saturday, October 18, 2008, at the Marriott City Center Hotel in Raleigh, North Carolina.

The Foundation selects Champions of Change for their substantive efforts to extend the boundaries of the human experience to children of all abilities, in keeping with the Foundation’s mission of supporting communities with inclusive programs and creating awareness about the possibilities that inclusion can bring.

This year’s honorees are:

CVS Caremark, Corporate Champion of Change

Dan Habib and Betsy McNamara, Champions of Change

Rich Donovan, Champion of Change

CVS Caremark Charitable Trust is being honored as a Corporate Champion of Change for their outstanding efforts to improve the lives of children with disabilities. The five-year, $25 million CVS Caremark All Kids Can program supports nonprofit organizations helping children with disabilities in school, in recreation and in developing skills for successful lives, all within an inclusive environment.

Champions of Change Dan Habib and Betsy McNamara turned their personal goal of educational and social inclusion for their son Samuel into a universal goal of ensuring that all children have the tools to reach their full potential. The result is the film Including Samuel, which tells their son’s story of inclusion, along with the trials and triumphs of four other subjects. Dan is an award-winning photojournalist, director and producer of documentary films. Betsy is a fundraising consultant and an inclusion advocate who is the mother of Samuel, who has cerebral palsy, and Isaiah, who is typically developing.

Rich Donovan is being recognized as a Champion of Change for applying his world-class business acumen to creating means of empowerment for people with disabilities. He was a key to Merrill Lynch’s diversity strategy. As CEO of Integrated Process Solutions, Rich provides large corporations and governments with ready-for-action profit opportunities as a “return on disability”. Rich, who happens to have cerebral palsy, is Board Chairman of Lime Connect, showing real-life solutions - and real financial advantages - to hiring, working with, and providing products and services for people with disabiities. In serving children, he is an advocate of education as essential to the future economic and social success of individuals with disabilities.

The gala benefit celebration will feature a special performance by Clay Aiken, as well as dinner, and silent and live auctions, in support of the Foundation’s programs providing children with disabilities the opportunity to play, learn and grow side-by-side with their typical peers.

We invite you to join us in honoring our outstanding Champions of Change, and in celebrating The Bubel/Aiken Foundation’s five years of success in providing comprehensive educational and social opportunities in an inclusive environment for all children.

I am so proud to be a fan of this man !!!! I just love him to pieces !

We are dealing with Tropical Storm Fay down here ...... :cry4:

Have a great day everyone !

I'm excited about the Rachael Ray rerun today. Clay on my TV. I'm going to pretend I haven't seen it before. It was very nice, I thought.

Is tomorrow the day that LaLate is going to have that Clay announcement? I'm think we should give them some hits. They've been very good to Clay. I luv him.

ETA- congratulations to Ricky Martin. I think he's really one of the good guys.

ETA- I know Ryan was discussed a few pages back, but I always felt Ryan was jealous of all Clay's fans.

I never read them either.

I was watching an episode of 'Bones' last night, and one of the main characters had a son name Parker. Hee. Cute little thing he was, too!

I wish I could have stayed home to watch Rachel Ray today. I will have to watch the clack tonight. Haven't seen it in a while! I also remember it as being a good one.

I was watching an episode of 'Bones' last night, and one of the main characters had a son name Parker. Hee. Cute little thing he was, too!

I was watching "Greatest American Dog" last night, and one of the dog's master's mentioned missing his son. Yep -- Parker. Think my ears didn't pick up on that? LOL!

Since 20 minutes has passed I'm making a new post. PFFFT!

Next battle for the Broads contest is up! It's the battle of the AI2 videos -- Buttercup vs. BOTW. I had to vote for my beloved Buttercup on this one...

And I make the top of the page once again! LOL!

I am curious what time I should stand at the ocean , look north and wave to Scarlett and K'Andre. If the plane goes southfor a bit, like most do, I should be able to see them. Have a great adventure guys - too lat forthem to see though. Fell asleep early last night.

How bad am I, I was thinking along the same lines. I guess it is like the shoemakers children without shoes, no local stuff is looked at as special, so no local-ish books in the library. (While my library is filled with Annie Oakly stuff because who are we going to admire - the Barretta actor?) Either thaat or we have the oldest computer lterate member, but I believe Imet From Claygary, so that is not possible.

Happy Morning. i was watching Clay on TV and a fly in the room was trying to leave via the screen door, so I opened the door and the dog ran out, heh, so much for the interview, luckily, Holly is a bit obsessed with a neighbors deck and it's cat residence, that she ran on the deck and it just took her losing interest nad trying to leave to catch her, so except from some ouchy feet things running out without shoes, it was not much of an adventure, but we missed Clay and only Clay. sigh..

Let's hope for word of pictures or an interview today to make up for our temporary loss of Scarlett and K'Andre.

FromClaygary - You should have been with my younger DD (15 then) and I four years ago, when we visited the house in Dover, PEI that inspired Green Gables. My daughter is such a huge LM Montgomery fan and she nearly cried before we went into the house. We loved the gift shop, because she had 22 of LMM's 26 books and finally got the last 4 there. Funny thing is that I've never read the books, but she has many times. Both the girls and I also watched all the movies and the Road to Avonlea tv series - never missed one.

Scarlett and KAndre - Safe travels!

underthespell - We saw news footage this morning of all the flooding in Florida last night. Hope you stay dry!

And last, but not least, the lovely Perma said this:

I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet her. We see so many things in the same way, and can practically finish each others' sentences. Thanks, Clay, for sending her my way.

That's pretty much how I feel about my dear friend Claymatron. We've had the good fortune to not only have Clay in common, but many, many other things in our lives. :thbighug-1:

Yes. I think their popularity skipped a generation (ours). They were very sucessful with my mother's generation (she was born in 1914), but nobody else that was my age read them. Then the TV series came along and the rest is history. Actually there was another series that Montgomery wrote about Emily, that I preferred, but I don't think anyone reads that one at all now.

Well, I'm just a few years older than FromClaygary and I received "Anne of Green Gables" for Christmas when I was 11 years old. I loved the book so much that I read the whole series and then the Emily books. I was a little disappointed that they cast Megan Follows in the series, because I always pictured Anne to be tall and slim, but her acting was excellent. The books were read to my kids and my grandkids...and we all loved them. As a matter of fact, my granddaughter's wish last year was to see Green Gables and that's where they went for her birthday.

Don't know where I'm going with this except to say they were a big part of my reading history. Maybe it has to do with how you find out about them. I guess I thought every female read them.

Anyway, KAndre and Scarlett, have a wonderful trip and, From Claygary, enjoy your holiday next week!

Bella19 - Awwwww... :F_05BL17blowkiss: looks like, once again, we are BORGing . :thbighug-1:

Oh Well - I missed Clay on RR's show. It's on from 10 to 11. I guess I'll have to watch the clack. He was so cute on that show!!!

Speaking of clack - Western Digital had a sale, and I got a ONE TERRABYTE external hard drive for $159. That's 1,000 gigs! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

So I will be spending some time organizing and tranferring clack. Soon's I get back from bowling and am all ready for the Bunco Babes. :lmaosmiley-1:

in the meantime....

th_rr4020.jpg

th_rr4008.jpg

th_rr33.jpg

th_rr25.jpg

th_rr15.jpg

th_rr16.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss: