#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Speaking of Borging - last night the Klingon Klax was the band playing a free concert in the park a couple of miles form here. i didn't go though, I was on a mission to get Purina Pro dog food somewhere on or near the island finally gave up and got Purina one and the dog atie it like it was cookies. llefta packed dog food at home inthe kitchen, by the door. I will wonder about the klingon Klax. maybe I can catch them in a bar near here.

Since 20 minutes has passed I'm making a new post. PFFFT!

postho away baby!

Scarlett you are adorable LOL. As my original CG (Cgirl) used to say... I could sop you up with a biscuit. heee..although she wanted to do that to clay LOL.

Perma, I am so happy to hear that you and Liney have clicked like you have. Clay Aiken brings music and friendship into our lives and you can never have too much either.

Muski..I'm so happy you are getting a break with your family. Have fun and I hope it's something where you can just relax and enjoy.

"raises hand"...As prolific a reader as I am, I have never read the Green Gable books...not sure why I didn't when I was younger; guessing I will have to look into getting some copies; I know we have them all here in the library.

Speaking of the library, they are re-tiling the floor in the office next to me and between the noise and the smell of burning tile adhesive and the acetylne torches they are using; I have a headache and am feeling pretty nauseous. Think it is time to inventory the shelves so I can walk around a bit and get away from my desk for a while.

Muski Have a great vacation!

I also have a best Clay buddy that I met on the boards and it is really scary all that we have in common; she only lives about 10 minutes from me and I probably never would have met her if it wasn't for Clay.

Kim

So is this World Vacation Day and I didn't get the memo? Scarlett and KAndre headed across the Arctic Circle to Asia, muski headed out on a nice vacation, and my sister called me from the plane this morning on her way to Vancouver, headed for two weeks in Alaska.

For me, school started this week. Vacation is SO over. ARGGHHH. Wait a minute? Did I have a vacation? OMG, I forgot!!!

Vacation- Even though I have been gone alot this year I would still love to be traveling. Wedding for my son in 4 weeks. Today his fiance sister e-mailed me and and wants childhood through college pictures. I thought I was going crazy because I could not find his albums. I found 4 for my first son, 3 for my second, and none for him. I knew we went through them about 3 years ago and made collages for above my fireplace. After only finally finding a few loose ones I gave up and called him. Had to break the secret that they were making a video but to not tell his fiance. He had the two photo albums I was looking for. We have pictures in the computer for the last 4 years, so those I was not worried about. Then I was also told I needed pictures about 8x10 of our wedding, our parents wedding, and their parents wedding. Mine was easy, my parents I had to e-mail my sister who took my parents home with her to Kentucky to redo the album, and I still have not found any pictures of my grandparents or my husband grandparents. His parents we found a nice one. He does not remember his mother since she dies when he was eight month old. Now I know why I need a vacation. I am riding my bike next week for 340 miles. That is work but we will be with several hundred people, many who I see once a year.

Here's hoping everyone has a great time.

I probably will be really far behind the week Spamolot starts. Wedding on the 20th and many people staying at this house from the 18th to the 21st. I am hoping I can just get away long enough to read some recaps.

Add me to the no vacation list. In fact I've been working around the house. I even vacuumed today which is the chore I hate the most.

My vacation will be going to Spamalot again. Of course we always arrange family get togethers when I head North. I think I'm leaving Mr. Fear home this time. That'll be our vacation. :lol:

Hope everyone has great vacations. :canfly: I invited our cat sitter over to eat tonight so I guess I'd better get going. She's a friend too who just so happens to have a pet sitter business. :splatt:

lilyshine

Yes. I think their popularity skipped a generation (ours). They were very sucessful with my mother's generation (she was born in 1914), but nobody else that was my age read them. Then the TV series came along and the rest is history. Actually there was another series that Montgomery wrote about Emily, that I preferred, but I don't think anyone reads that one at all now.

I think I must be the same generation as you are, my mother born in 1918, and the Anne books were very popular when I was a girl. My mother had kept my girlhood books and gave me the Anne and Emily books on a recent visit. Maybe my grand daughters will be intersted in reading them some day.

I loved the Emily books and there is an Emily television series running on the Vision channel here. Another L.M. Montgomery book that is still a favourite of mine is Blue Castle. Colleen McCullough the Australian author was accused of plagiarizing it in her novel the Ladies of Missalonghi.

Anne is very popular in Japan where there is a whole Anne industry, even Anne manga books.

My husband and I are taking a delayed 10th anniversary trip in November, and we will be getting, as one friend calls it, "Mouse Saturation." Yes, we're going to Disney World for 7 days. I haven't been in 20 years, and my husband has NEVER been. We're looking forward to it. IMO, it's always fun to be 12 again.

We're also trying to figure out a way to get to NYC for a short trip in December. Not sure if that will happen though. I may just ditch husband (as much as I really don't want to...truly *g*) and go to NYC on my own for the last days of the run.

muski -- hope you have a great time.

I never read any of the Anne of Green Gables series either...and I think I probably wouldn't like them anyway. My Mom was the type to "force" those kinds of books on me ("these are classics, read them!"). Didn't discover until college that the "children's books" I would have liked included "Have Spacesuit, Will Travel" by Robert Heinlein (which my Mom would have NEVER read, period). And yes, I still became a librarian because of this. Hee.

Can I go home now? I hate Thursday afternoons. They seem to drag on FOREVER.

I hate Thursday afternoons too. I come in early every day, that's just my schedule. I am up early so I come in early. Usually, I can leave by 4:00 or so because I've put all my required hours in. However, on Thursdays I have to do a particular job that relies on others doing their part first. So, yeah, I don't always get to leave on time. Hatesssssssssss.

I am looking forward to my two mini-vacations, Raleigh in October, and NYC in December. I always like to have something to look forward to in the fall months, because I am one who tends to gets depressed when summer ends. I wish it lasted longer! However, this time, the end of summer signifies the start of more Clay. YAY!

Welcome to our newest member, preden! Bienvenue! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I hate Thursday afternoon, too, because it's not Friday. So close, yet so far.

So who besides SCarlett and Kandre are going to Hong Kong? And why, pray tell, are they going to HOng Kong. And even more importantly, why was I not invited. I've met them both...I'm not a stranger. They should have invited me.

I believe it's just KAndre and Scarlett on this adventure... and I think they went just for the hell of it LOL. I wonder if KAndre throws darts at a map.

Well since I don't get in until 1 PM on Thursdays I don't mind them so much anymore. Uh oh...damn..there goes that beeping noise..meaning our systems are going down AGAIN. Yikes.

I'm starting to think it's a very bad sign that liney23 never mentions when we get together for dinner. I'm having a great time and she doesn't want anyone to know!! I'm crushed.

Well, don't tell anyone, but we had dinner last night. We always split the difference on distance and eat dinner in Long Beach, CA. They have done so much restoration, renovation, gentrification, whatever...it is really nice. Last month we ate outside on a patio next to the marina, and this time we ate in a lovely seafood restaurant right across from the Queen Mary. The weather was really gorgeous. We could barely pull ourselves away and just sat and watched the lights and reflections on the water for a while before we went home.

I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet her. We see so many things in the same way, and can practically finish each others' sentences. Thanks, Clay, for sending her my way.

There's a little shop in Shoreline Village that features all kinds of hats. They have hats from around the world, Red Hats for Society members, sports hats, outdoorsman hats, straw hats. Lots of hats. They also have humorous hats. Last month we found the perfect hat for someone to give to Clay at a M&G or the stage door. We had commented about his Somalia pictures and how his nose looked a bit sunburned in a few of the pictures. We saw the perfect hat for him that offers a bit more protection for his pretty face. I tried to figure out the camera on my new cell phone while liney23 modeled it for us. And now I've finally figured out how to get the pictures off my cell phone!! We think it's perfect in oh so many ways:

Hat2.jpg

It really looks pretty dashing, don't you think??

Hat1.jpg

So who's going to volunteer to give it to him? Or is it too smutty for a new Dad??

I am so far behind I'm going to have to start fresh. My DH made it safely to Iraq. He's working midnight to noon every single day. That's opposite from the shift he had last year, and I'm sure it's taking some getting used to.

I miss him.

I miss Clay too. I didn't get to keep up with the Florida nostalgia, but I loved those shows. I think Clay did too.

353294423_X3tnz-L.jpg

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Perma... I am not hiding our relationship, since I don't have anyone to hide it from... :cryingwlaughter: I enjoyed our outing very much! The weather was gorgeous, the scenary was gorgeous, the food was fantastic and so was the company!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You guys would be proud of Perma! She tried to blast my budget and talk me into going to NYC on a shoestring... :cryingwlaughter: I'm thinking about it... it's so tempting!

What kind of friend is she... she ordered a dish that has a yummy looking (and tasting, according to her) garlic bread... so, even tho I have been on a diet forever and have lost 20 lbs, I ordered a plate of this garlic bread and proceeded to eat 4 of the 6 slices. Best garlic bread I have ever tasted! It was all her fault!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

So is this World Vacation Day and I didn't get the memo? Scarlett and KAndre headed across the Arctic Circle to Asia, muski headed out on a nice vacation, and my sister called me from the plane this morning on her way to Vancouver, headed for two weeks in Alaska.

For me, school started this week. Vacation is SO over. ARGGHHH. Wait a minute? Did I have a vacation? OMG, I forgot!!!

kf... you mean spending time in FCA isn't vacation enough for you??? I'm shocked! :cryingwlaughter:

My vacation is the last two weeks of September. I like taking a late vacation cause the weather is still nice, but all the kids are back in school!

So.... since Clay is revisiting Spamalot, we thought maybe it would be nice for us to do it,too... in the form of another Sir Robin pin. This is what we came up with. It is a die-stamped pin, so it should look kind of like a coin when it's done. We'd like to get an idea of how many people might be interested, so if you could give a yay or nay, that'd be awesome.

Spam2Proof.jpg

I'll do an attached image too - for those who can't see photobucket.

Also... we are working on a second, non-Spam related pin as well - proof for that one should be along soon.

post-496-1219351125_thumb.jpg

cindilu, I LOVE the pin! I'll take 2 at least.

Thursdays suck. Especially when staff members want to punch out other staff members.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT ME AND THE TOP OF THE PAGE?!?!?!? YIKES!!!!!

Hi! Miss us? I'm going to let KAndre explain since she does this so well! But just wanted to say hi and missya! Playbiller, just turn towards Newark airport and we'll be waving to you.

I'll give a 'yay' for 2 & bring this over to the new page! :clap:

So.... since Clay is revisiting Spamalot, we thought maybe it would be nice for us to do it,too... in the form of another Sir Robin pin. This is what we came up with. It is a die-stamped pin, so it should look kind of like a coin when it's done. We'd like to get an idea of how many people might be interested, so if you could give a yay or nay, that'd be awesome.

Spam2Proof.jpg

I'll do an attached image too - for those who can't see photobucket.

Also... we are working on a second, non-Spam related pin as well - proof for that one should be along soon.

:hello: Hi Scarlett and KAndre! Have fun! But not too much.... :naughtywag:

Have a wonderful vacation, muski! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm in that 'Thursdays SUCK!' club. :angry:

I hate Thursday afternoons too. I come in early every day, that's just my schedule. I am up early so I come in early. Usually, I can leave by 4:00 or so because I've put all my required hours in. However, on Thursdays I have to do a particular job that relies on others doing their part first. So, yeah, I don't always get to leave on time. Hatesssssssssss.

I am looking forward to my two mini-vacations, Raleigh in October, and NYC in December. I always like to have something to look forward to in the fall months, because I am one who tends to gets depressed when summer ends. I wish it lasted longer! However, this time, the end of summer signifies the start of more Clay. YAY!

Welcome to our newest member, preden! Bienvenue! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you for the welcome, preden

Welcome preden. Does your name have any special significance.

Thank you again for the welcome, no preden has not significance. I met some clayfans at a cluncheon and it was fantastic. There's really a connection among claymates isn't there? And I also like the pin.