#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Thanks for the update, jazzgirl. Since we haven't heard otherwise, I think it's safe to say they made it out of Newark this morning, but this makes me wonder if/when/where they'll be landing... :canfly:

It wasn't immediately clear how the city would cope with the backlog of over 400 flights.

Oh! Happy 2nd week birthday, Parker! :dadrocks:

Oh! Happy 2nd week birthday, Parker! :dadrocks:

I'm glad you did that. couchie would have yelled at me if I had done it... *g*

:elephanthugs:jazzgirl...

Hope the intrepid travelers make their way safely to Hong Kong...

Did they have a direct flight from Newark to Hong Kong or was there a stop in between?

Kim

Yep, that "Leno thing" I was referring to was "bread-bread-meat." I think I'll go back and watch that one again, it's one of my most favorite ones, too.

I forgot to wish clayzedover a good recovery when I posted and this morning. I hope we get to see her at Spamalot, too. Thanks for letting us know how she's doing, annabear.

I realized this afternoon that the best place I had heard OMWH yet was in a car, and that I now had my good stereo speakers all set up and ready to deliver. Yowza! They delivered all right. :9: It was a verra verra nice day in the neighborhood. I sat here by a sunny window, edited pictures and had a perfectly loverly afternoon. If all days could be like this.....but.....

Now that I have all of my wrinkled clothes unpacked, I've come to the conclusion that I should have packed a do-at-home-lipo kit. I ain't gonna git in my gala get up, after all. For one brief moment there I wished akim's countdown was backed up a little bit. I need TIME!

:onFire:

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

So...nobody wants to play the "what's your favorite Clay interview" game? Except for Kareneh, that is....

I'm crushed.

*g*

YAY for clayzedover! May she stay on the road to recovery!

favorite written is People Mag circa 2006. I thought he showed strength and vulnerability and it made me love him all the more.

It's hard to pick favorite tv interview - probably the first kimmel. It was perfection.

There's a radio interview he did with that big New York station that went on and on and on...

any other favorites you want LdyJ?

I was just PMing with someone today and we were talking about radio interviews. I used to have them all memorized. No more. Man, I need to listen to some of those again. I think I know which one you're talking about couchie, I just can't remember the subject...was it during the AI tour?

Print interview? Definitely agree with couchie, that People magazine spread was fantastic. I thought he did a good job of answering questions without "answering questions." I liked that.

Another TV interview I really liked was this last Rachael Ray one. He was so cute that day, and I love me some self-deprecating Clay.

I'll play, ldyj! My two favorite TV interviews are Leno "bread-bread-meat" and Kimmel tattoo. I can't decide which one is funnier. Clay just keeps coming up with funny stuff in both interviews, like someone put a quarter in him before the interview! I have both of those interviews on my phone, and watch them often while I'm working out. I get that ICG when I'm on the elliptical, though, which I'm sure looks pretty silly! Oh, well, it keeps me from thinking about how much I want to get off of the equipment!

lordjesus.gif

theywillbelocked.gif

I like the Leno OMWH interview with Jack Black, too!

lenoavi1-1.gif

OMWHLenorasberry4shrt.gif

I think that radio interview was with Z100 and it was in mid 2003.....not too long after AI was over....like I said, I think.

I just checked, its from May 27th and uploaded in three parts in the CH vault....must be the same one. I loved that interview!

:goodnight:

I'll play ldyj.

My favorite TV interview was the first Kimmel....mostly because Jimmy had been so awful to Clay and I wanted it to be something that would shut Jimmy up. He was awesome - and you could see (or at least I imagined I could see) the respect growing in Jimmy. OH - and the Britney put-down was classic Clay. I bet she still doesn't even realize he put her down!!! But there was also something special about the first Leno interview the night MOAM came out. We hadn't seen Clay in that kind of a situation before and he pulled it off! The crowd was so pro-Clay - something I don't think Leno had experienced with any other guest.

Then there are moments and comments from other interviews that still make me laugh out loud....

1. fainting in the McDonalds in Serbia or wherever he was and Kristy leaving him on the floor to find a table

2. the couple who "did the nasty" to one of his AI songs

3. the octopus legs in Chinatown

4. the man smelling him on The View

Each of them had special moments....

p.s. how long does it normally take to fly from Newark to Hong Kong?

play... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter: Hope you find some change in your trailer!

I'm just not that familiar with his radio interviews. My favorite that I relisten too often is not an interview, but the two dj's from somewhere discussing his appearance on AI5. They just really said nice things and you could tell it was sincere and that they were surprised by how much they liked it. I love to hear it.

My favorite tv appearances are all Kimmels. The second one with the fight scene was fun.ny! I was there! The best, tho was the tatoo one. His belly laugh at the whole tatoo part is just soooo great and makes me laugh with him every time.

He's been funny on Leno and the Twisty Tie one was definitely a winner.

It's hard to say this, but I really enjoyed the Regis and ??? co-hosting gig. He zinged her good a lot. However, her rant on Monday has made me not want to watch it again since. Dang, cause he was quite funny that day!

Written, I'd have to say the People spread with him spread out like a pasha... S.W.O.O.N., with second place going to the Elle article with his future co-author.

Hello, All!

Thanks for the reminder that Little Parker is now TWO WEEKS old! Aww!

I took my little guy Christmas shopping when he was two weeks old. In a little Santa suit no less! He was such a bitty thing. He weighed a good 7lbs 9 oz when he was born, but he was such a lazy nurser he lost a lot of weight when we went home and he was scrawny!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Little Parker was itty bitty to start with at 6 lbs 2 oz! Wonder what he weighs today?

I do wish we'd get a family portrait.

I don't know that we will, but that doesn't stop me hankering for one! hee

well. how long is it until a baby is really photogenic? I.e. not wrinkly.

Off for a walk. see you later. i am working on my IRA CD penalty free withdrawl for senior citizens blog.

Heh, on the insider, they said that Ryan Seacrest will not be single much longer. Who did he hire to marry him?

Weary wave! Ca-RAP, I'm tired, it's been a very, very long week at work and this hotel is without a doubt the noisiest I've ever been in in my life. Never again. Finished work at 11:30 last night.

My vacation is disappearing as I speak (keep your fingers crossed for me) as I had to initiate an LP investigation at the store I was in yesterday, and the investigator called me already at 5 AM this morning. Ack!!

Preden, welcome to the board! We're so happy to see you in our UNreal lives as well! :hysterical:Me myb, if you're lurking, now we just have to get you to post more and I think our little group will be complete, right?

Scarlett1 and alter ego Scarlett2....hope you get/got off the ground! I've had that happen on a long-weekend vacation, and it just sucks bigtime.

Forgot to add, cindilu2 the banner is bee-YOOtiful and so are the pins! Put me down for 2.

thank you myclaygary! what is My myb? I'm new at this. How do you post? Have a good day!

Preden, me myb is the lady you met as a face on the computer at the party on Saturday :lol:

Posting is what you're doing now~ie, replying on a message board.

Waving hello tonight from the world's slowest wired internet connection on earth, in Fredericton NB (New Brunswick, for Cotton). At least it's only for one night.

Cotton, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister's franchise! That sucks bigtime for both of you!!

Was there no contract??

Cindilu2, I'm bringing up a motion and asking for votes....could we keep this banner forever?? Pretty please?? Although......I may never read a post again, I'm just mesmerized.....

Other interviews that I enjoyed (other than those already mentioned):

1. Tonight Show when Clay brought along the film of his throat. Didn't he say it reminded him of a gynecological exam. EEp! :sayitagain:

2. The Walmart Interviews from ATDW. He was interviewing for an announcer, I think. :cryingwlaughter:

3. The Valentine Candy song on Kimmel. :loveletter:

I dvr'd the Rachel Ray Show and watched it tonight. Very good interview. It reminded me of the CNN interview about UNICEF and Myanmar (sp).

After our fifth visit from the Time Warner folks, I think our digital is good to go. At first the guy refused to help me with the dvd player I was setting up. Since we didn't yell and thanked him for fixing the cable, he showed me how to set up the dvd. Seems like you need three remotes to operate it. Oy!

ETA: I'll second that motion to keep the current banner for a while.

It's hard to say this, but I really enjoyed the Regis and ??? co-hosting gig. He zinged her good a lot. However, her rant on Monday has made me not want to watch it again since. Dang, cause he was quite funny that day!

You know, I feel the exact same way about this. I watched it that first day, and was on the floor in laughter. I really thought he did a good job that day...only for Ripacrite to ruin the whole thing 3 days later. Beyotch.

Iseeme, I hear ya on the first Kimmel, but the second Kimmel is the one I think that really got Jimmy's respect. I love that Jimmy asked Clay to play in the "how do you like me now Kimmel?" fight scene, and I love that Clay went along with the whole deal. I think it really showed Jimmy and much of his audience that Clay has a great sense of humor!

cindilu, the banner is amazing!

*raids change jar for any and all quarters*

Wahnnnnn!

I recorded the wrong RR and missed seeing Clay on my big screen! poo!

FromClaygary - Since Sis was the only salaried employee and I was just hourly, I don't really know about her contract. There's a chance the franchise company and the grocery store knowingly participated in a breach of contract, but there's a lot of dust to settle and unemployment $$ to collect before any of those questions will be answered.

For now - we do get a week's pay - we found out today. Which for me won't be much but a little bit is more than zero!

We had fun today. A cake with our picture (I took pictures yesterday and emailed them to one of the managers this morning - cute young man) on it, food, cutting up.

All the big wigs couldn't get over how nice we all were - no tantrums, no drama, all took it really well. They know they screwed some nice people up and they seemed to stumble all over themselves today.

Made me want to smack 'em. Why act all sad now? It's not their letdown - it's out letdown, ya' know?

pffft!

Two interviews that spring to mind, for me, are the Canadian ones - first one on that sports talk show with the other idols - 030722_Off The Record With Michael Landsberg, and then in 2005 in Vancouver - 051114_TheStandard_ClayInterview.

I have to admit, I usually spend my time watching live clack rather than TV clack, so a lot of them tend to blend together in my mind. I think maybe I should go back and watch some of the ones recommended to refresh my memory!

Heh, on the insider, they said that Ryan Seacrest will not be single much longer. Who did he hire to marry him?

:cryingwlaughter:

One of my favorite interviews was a radio interview with Bill and Sherri (?) from one of the Raleigh stations. (WRAL?) He saw a picture of himself in the newspaper, and said something like "My hair was looking HU-MONG-OUS last night! GOOD-ness!" Still cracks me up every time I think about it! It was a really long interview, where it seemed like they were just sitting around chatting like old friends. Loved it!

Hee - I thought we were going to keep the colour co-ordinated banner for ever? Maybe I can add some smut to that one :blink:

I know it's not a tv interview per se - but The Rolling Stone video shoot/interview is still my all-time favorite bit of Clack. For tv, I'd have to go with the Kimmel tatoo.

My favorite TV interview was the GMA Diane Sawyer TITN immediately after AI2, closely followed by the Clay/Ruben Today show GBTUSA on Memorial Day 2003. That's when I knew that I had to find out more about this guy (I only watched the last few AI2 shows), and that's when I started searching the internet. Amazingly, I'm still here over five years later.

Thanks everyone for all your favorites; I have a terrible memory when it comes to interviews; so this has been a great trip down memory lane. I think I may have to go download some of those and re-watch!

Kim