#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

:::cha cha copy/pastes photo settings for future reference::: :::waves to kareneh, kandre, scarlett, waits patiently for more pictures:::

Thanks for those shots of Hong Kong keh!! Those are amazing!!

Since I'm having a low-key day, I am following couchie's lead and watching a movie.

My choice today is "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" which I first saw on TV in the late 80's (early 90's??)

and ordered on DVD a few months ago. It's a comedic romp lush with Beatles music

which follows 3 teenage girls trying to crash the Beatles hotel room in Feb 64 before the Ed Sullivan appearance.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

Just what the doctor ordered for today!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Wow you guys have covered a lot of territory since I went to the gym to shake my bon bon to songs with flirticious and girlicious in them. Someone asked the instructor if she's a big fan of Project Runway. After that we emptied the garage into the SUV and went to the dump. It's actually quite luxurious, paved and all.

Sorry about your MIL Iseemee. It's nice that you maintained a relationship with her.

I bought a clothesline two months ago and haven't put it up yet due to our deck cleaning and the amount of birds that hang out in our woods. Might have to wash things several times.

I'm sure Clay is like most of us and has good moods and bad moods. I remember being surprised at several concerts when the lights when down and his smile turned into a somberness. Based on comments from those he has worked with, he does sound like an all around good guy and fun to be with.

I don't think love songs lend themselves to silliness nor do songs describing a period of maturation. If Clay ever does a kids album I think he will let his silly loose.

Scarlett and Kandre, have a great time.

Imagining Cagney's face as she sees her original question winding down several unintended alleys...heee

and here's another one... are love songs more angsty by nature... name a playful fun love song... My first thought was they aren't but this might take a minute

Here's a fun map to play with. http://www.centamap.com/scripts/centamapto...=816541&z=4. It's a google satellite map of Hong Kong without text. I forget what the arrow marker represents exactly. I was just looking for a landmark to get started. You can zoom in really close, and you can use the navigation arrows to "tour" the island. You can cross the harbor by heading north, keep going to see the Kowloon side as well, and even head on to mainland China. It's fun!!

Sure I could be doing my song, but but but....

{{{{iseeme}}}} and family on the loss of your MIL. How wonderful that you have such good memories of her that she is mourned so.

<snip> Since I'm having a low-key day, I am following couchie's lead and watching a movie.

My choice today is "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" which I first saw on TV in the late 80's (early 90's??)

and ordered on DVD a few months ago. It's a comedic romp lush with Beatles music

which follows 3 teenage girls trying to crash the Beatles hotel room in Feb 64 before the Ed Sullivan appearance.

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

I love that movie and I'm not much of a movie watcher. Another one of my obscure favorites is "Betsy's Wedding" from 1990. Anthony LaPaglia as the mafia hit man is hysterical to me.

As someone who spends a small fortune in allergy medicines for grass and pollen, hanging clothes outdoors is not an option, although I do try to hang things in our unfinished basement when I can.

So good to hear from Scarlett and KAndre. That hotel view sounds spectacular! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for the great tips, Kareneh! It's getting light here so I can't wait to test them out tonight!!!

So good to hear from Scarlett and KAndre. That hotel view sounds spectacular! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So nice to see you posting again! I probably shouldn't call it spectacular -- the ones that Kareneh linked were. We don't get as much neon lights from here, mostly twinkling lights from the boats in the harbor. This is what it looks like at dawn...

2790037749_e87c846454.jpg?v=0

Forgot, I just got back from our local farmer's market - it's set up at the lakefront every Saturday a.m. - I either had something else going on, it was raining or I just forgot, but finally made my way down there today... wow, it was nice... quite a few farmers out with some good looking stuff - much better than what I've been seeing in the store lately - and the prices were fair... also several local coffee houses, some bakeries, honey/jelly/soup people, a couple of local restaurants making breakfast (pancakes, paninis, etc.) and one with tamales! - it was like a fair! Lots of dogs and a couple of cute older women with a "dog watering" station - lots of dog bowls and water for our four legged friends... a really nice crowd of people and a constant flow in and out...

I did the local farmer's market today too. Not nearly as big as what spikesmom talks about here, but the produce is out of this world! Plus...there's this dried pasta booth..and I had to try it...dark chocolate linguini. I think I'll boil it tomorrow night, and put raspberry sherbet and whipped cream on it and see how it is.

I was raised hanging clothes on a line, but there's no place to put one at my house. I do hang to dry many of my clothes in the laundry room though...there's a nice beam that has a ledge on it, perfect for hangers. I also use a drying rack -- all my Clay t-shirts go on it!

Jamar... I, also, think Clay is a naturally optimistic person, even tho that has been tried tremendously since Idol. He has so much fun on tour and in Spamalot. It must be harder to find happy songs maybe, or they just didn't fit the albums. I do think there is a lot of hope in many of his song and I remember when he signed his autographs, Love, Happiness, and HOPE. I loved that!

YES!! I think the man is filled with hope about the world, no matter what is happening around him. I hope he NEVER loses that. (But of course, that is what I just see in him. Insert Bookwhore's disclaimer here...)

ldyj, luckiest... I am sorry, but I will not have access to my computer where half of my song for the CITH tour is downloaded for 5 weeks. The computer I have for the next 3 weeks is not mine and is old and has no space hardly and I don't feel right downloading stuff on it anyway. Then I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks. Sorry! I'm bad! If you want to take it over, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll finish when I get back to my computer... honest!!!

OK, OK...I think you're getting a bit of a pass, as well as KAndre! But the rest of you...watch out. luckiest1 and I do a mean synchronized sporking. I think that's an Olympic sport next time.

I'm sure Clay is like most of us and has good moods and bad moods. I remember being surprised at several concerts when the lights when down and his smile turned ito a somberness. Based on comments from those he has worked with, he does sound like an all around good guy and fun to be with.

I agree with this too -- to me it makes him perfectly human.

I don't think love songs lend themselves to silliness nor do songs describing a period of maturation. If Clay ever does a kids album I think he will let his silly loose.

Paul McCartney might disagree with you though...remember "Silly Love Songs?" LOL

The next round of the Broads challenge is up! I think this one will be tough for luckiest1 -- AIW (Merrillville) vs. Listen (Sterling Heights). That's tough.

My favorite "small" movie that has a theme similar to the one cha cha described -- "That Thing You Do!" I LURVE that movie. One of the first movies I went to with my now-husband.

Wow! What a view!

Imagining Cagney's face as she sees her original question winding down several unintended alleys...heee

and here's another one... are love songs more angsty by nature... name a playful fun love song... My first thought was they aren't but this might take a minute

Muskrat Love ???

:hysterical:

Iseemee, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. But it sure does sound like she LIVED until she DIED!

Many people could take a life lesson from her!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Still have a pain in my head! pffft!

I hatesess headaches. I know it's sinus cuz I'm stuffy on my left side. But there are some aspects of migraine.

Can't take scrolling the page. When DH was fast forwarding the TV I had to look away. I've been able to read, but loud tv, fast-moving light, etc, just. not. good.

KarenEh? I wanna have some camera lessons with you! I have the S3, but - maybe it's the headache - I felt like I was reading Greek with your instructional post! *crosseseyes*

:)

Maybe I'll try reading it again tomorrow!

Do we have a thread where we keep photo tips???

Scarlett and KAndre so glad you arrived safely and are having fun. Great pics!

As someone who spends a small fortune in allergy medicines for grass and pollen, hanging clothes outdoors is not an option, although I do try to hang things in our unfinished basement when I can.

Even if I didn't live in an apartment, the allergy issue is a big hindrance to hanging clothes in the great outdoors for me as well. I do try to hang things up inside to dry, at least partially. Instead of worrying about birds, I used to have to worry about this clawing my clothes. No more claws, but I still have to worry about this pulling clothes off the rack and dragging them through the apartment!

Sorry about the sinus/migraine, {{{Cotton}}}. I've been kind of off kilter all week since the one I had Tues. They SUCK!

Ooooh! Thanks for the pic, Scarlett! Looks like you two are getting ready to start your first full day on the town - have FUN! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, if you want really silly love songs....

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

She's Sixteen

Sugar, Sugar

I Think I Love You

Kim

It's 2230 in Hong Kong, and Scarlett is passed out.

Man, everybody needs to go to Hong Kong once in their life with just a crazy ass girlfriend just for the hell of it.

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Newark after 10 pm, along with an incredible number of people from our flight. I accidentally...well, I fell asleep last night after posting that so let me catch up and see what my erstwhile travel partner in crime has been up too...and will tell y'all all about Saturday!

Y'all are just chatty...line dried clothes? Fine as long as someone else is taking 'em out, hanging 'em up, and bringing them back in. Lord, I hate laundry. And the humidity in Houston doesn't exactly help.

Favorite interviews? I never really rewatch interviews - but I love "and he hit me with his cane"... the whole thing...the strange uncooked Irish animals...the losing of his passport. "What's Up Buddy" (my first real indication that the man could dish it out). Tyra.

Angsty ATWD? Like people have shown, you can name some "We're so happy everyone wants to kill us for our extreme PDAs" love songs, but I think frankly people write, and listen more downer ones...at least we've moved from the dead teenager ones of the 60's (He's a Rebel or Sunny anyone?) I love "Walking on Sunshine" but I love "Lovin,' Touchin,' Squeezin''..."Open Arms" is the kind of thing that first comes to my mind when someone says love songs...I think lighthearted just across better for Clay in person, so to speak.

To continue the saga of or trip...I know y'all will be surprised to find out I was first in line to get vouchers for the hotel and food when they finally gave up on our flight - a Continental hustled over and said we needed to get to Customer Service right now for a special announcement, so off I go. They put us and a hundred other people up at the Holiday Inn Newark, which the rep assured me was the best they had to offer - I in turn suggested the airport Hilton.. he said he would if he could...I felt semi-bad for the people who had to pay for their own. Me 'n Scarlett took our time in heading for the hotel shuttle; nevertheless we managed to get on that one first too (because I am going to avoid standing whenever possible and they tried to shove everybody on board. Oddly enough, I was first in line to get a room assignment too. I would tell you it was a coincidence, but I'd be lying. We haul our stuff up to our room while voices began to be raised at the front desk and head back down to the hotel's monument to the bad part of the 70's - The Hunt Room. It was a new low in dining experiences for me. Jalepenos on my over-cooked calimari? Scarlett's not completely thawed out crab cakes? I'm shuddering now in remembrance... Since the jackasses delightful people wanted us back at Newark for 3:30 a.m. for a possible 6 a.m, flight, of course me 'n Scarlett got up at 3 (well, I got up at 3, checked with Continental that the flight was still on for 6) and left the room at 3:30 where there just happened to be a van waiting for us. We get to the airport. The flight is still on. We get some breakfast. The flight is still on. We listened to some woman bitch repeated about how they gave her pancakes instead of eggs. The flight is still on. We board the plane. The flight is still on. We mess around on the runway for an hour but finally take off. We are on our way!

I'll tell y'all about the flight when I get back...we going to ride a saipan and look at a giant buddha now...

How about "Yummy Yummy Yummy I've Got Love in My Tummy"?? :lmaosmiley-1:

How about "Yummy Yummy Yummy I've Got Love in My Tummy"?? :lmaosmiley-1:

Great song (I just posted it above you!) :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

:::cha cha copy/pastes photo settings for future reference::: :::waves to kareneh, kandre, scarlett, waits patiently for more pictures:::

I did the same thing...copy/paste photo settings for future reference. cha cha trusty, I laughed when I saw your post. I guess I thought I was the only one who needed this info.

My favorite "small" movie that has a theme similar to the one cha cha described -- "That Thing You Do!" I LURVE that movie. One of the first movies I went to with my now-husband.

WOW!! That was my next choice!! I bought them both at the same time. I LURVE that movie too!!

I just made a deal with mrchach: if he watches a movie with me ("That Thing You Do!") - I'll let him watch "Beowulf" again. :D

Iseeme Sorry to read of your MIL's death. She sounds like she was a very special person.

Re happy love songs how about "Still the One"?

Scarlett and K'andre I missed reading the reason for your Hong Kong trip other than having fun. Are you going to any Olympic events?

I did the same thing...copy/paste photo settings for future reference. cha cha trusty, I laughed when I saw your post. I guess I thought I was the only one who needed this info.

I always used the "auto" setting and my shots aren't near as good as keh's! Once in a while I get a few good ones. I like taking video better.

Sometimes I just make screenshots from the vids!!

Here are 3 good ones I got from the AI show last week... I shot some others but they weren't in focus, and I haven't really checked the vids yet. :)

th_brooke.jpg

th_carly.jpg

th_jason.jpg

I love this one of Brooke, but as you can see, it's a bit out of focus!!

th_brooke2.jpg

I didn't get any good ones of DC!

But here are some of CLAY!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

th_JUNE.jpg

th_MAY.jpg

th_scowl.jpg

th_notpink.jpg

th_32047421-Oncgurrlc1_filteredt2.jpg

th_LAAsyr.jpg

th_screencaps2a.jpg

Iseeme Sorry to read of your MIL's death. She sounds like she was a very special person.

Re happy love songs how about "Still the One"?

Scarlett and K'andre I missed reading the reason for your Hong Kong trip other than having fun. Are you going to any Olympic events?

I was thinking the same thing, Lotus! I just checked a map, and it turns out Beijing is almost 2,000 km to the north!

Not impossible, but, I'd like to know the answer to that question too!!

How many times has Clay sang "All About Love"? I consider that a fun love song and always get a smile on my face when I listen/watch that. Course, Clay makes it funner (is too a word!) :cryingwlaughter:

When you say you love me is a lighthearted..bouncy song!

I do think the choice of songs is very much influenced by the type of singer Clay is ....with his range and intensity, I think there is a tendency to choose songs that are more intense and emotional.

((((Iseeme)))) sorry about your MIL!!!

KAndre and Scarlett...thanks for sharing your adventure with us!!!!

Clothes line drying...hubby keeps encouraging us to use the line....the house gets humid when we use the dryer...but my daughter's clothes are all so tiny I hate hanging them...my arms get tired so I just use the dryer...

Thank you everyone for the hugs and wishes. It really means alot. She was a very, very strong woman - although she weighed only about 85 lbs. I've found out more about the last week. My sil and bil were up to visit and they had a great barbecue and made her a milkshake (which she loved) and just had a good visit. My sil thought she was doing well, although she was giving things away! She did tell my son's stepsister that she wanted to die and it would be soon. I'm amazed at that - I guess you either know when you're that age or she was sick and didn't tell anybody. When my ex and I were divorced she took sides - mine! She's never liked his second wife and after a few glasses of wine at the holidays will usually say something to that effect - much to my chagrin and my ex's embarassment! :cryingwlaughter: The person taking it the hardest is my son. He was always her most favorite person from birth and they were very, very close. We're all kind of numb right now but strangely relieved. She died in her home in her son's arms. She had seen her other son just the day before and laughed and reminisced. She apparently just stopped breathing. Not a bad way to go at the age of 92!!! She passed on with her dignity intact! The latest I've heard about the services is there will be a big party with alot of food and drink to celebrate a long and fulfilled life!

Dryers vs. line-drying.....I think the most wonderfullest feeling is to climb in to a freshly made bed with sheets that have recently come off the clothesline!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm............................. But I agree with those that say - as long as someone else does the hanging and folding! I'm spoiled.

Clay's songs/life/etc. I think Clay is basically a happy man who finds joy in his home and family. I do think there have been lows in the past 5 years and that his celebrity took a toll on him to a certain extent - hence the Paxil. But he's come out on the other side stronger and more comfortable with his celebrity. We can't ever underestimate the transition he went through from being a smallish-town guy to a household name in just about 6 months time. I think he's evolved quite gracifully..........

Hi Scarlett and KAndre! Please - no international scandals, k? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ah, she can handle it. Cagney loves a good discussion. Hi, Cagney! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I know where she's coming from because we had a conversation on this topic over the phone. I love both ATDW and OMWH. I'm all about introspective, moody music. I like to think about lyrics and am not that into tempo. Sure, I like some upTEMPO stuff (not to be confused with upBEAT), but it's not where I live in my tastes. ATDW had a moody quality, melancholy in parts, IMO. He even made some covers sound moodier than the originals (SSTBTHW, HYCA), and they were 2 of my favorites. OMWH sounds more hopeful, but I hear a lot of looking for something, yearning. Not in all of the tracks, certainly, but there are themes. Or at least that's what I hear. I love the songs and the emotion Clay brings to them. What cagney and I were wondering about was whether the tone of songs Clay chooses in the future, or the themes he is drawn to, might be more joyful now that he has Parker in his life. We've heard Clay sing some very joyful songs, but they don't seem to be what he has chosen to record for the most part.

My turn for a disclaimer (love yours, Bookwhore!):

This is just a thought, not backed up by a full assessment of everything Clay has ever sung or recorded. It is purely subjective and likely to be influenced by a perception I have of Clay that very well might not match who he actually is in his real life, because, dang it, I am not privy to that. If only....

Edited for clarity.

Iseeme :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just saw KENNY on my teevee! :)

I had recorded it last time I noticed it on my directv guide and just watched it. He was so good in that small role. Really. If anyone had any question about his acting ability they needed to have only watched that bit. Especially when Kenny was leaving mad! He strode out with those long legs and just as he came level with Dr.?, he cut his eyes over, looking at him (the doc who fired him) then set his eyes forward as if the guy weren't worth his glance! Just cool.

I'm sure he will love being back in SPAM. He's so comfortable onstage.

I wonder how soon he will have to go rehearse before his "putin"?