#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

dadrocks.png

So cute!!!!

iloveclaysbaby-1.gif

so we're talkin' birth stories now?

well arriight...... in a nutshell.....

first set of twins: found out 10 days before birth that they were twins, water broke at 4 am 3 days before due date, at the hospital by 4:15, no progress, was induced around 10 am, babies born both by 2 pm. birth weight: 5lb14oz each. 2 (3?) day stay in hospital.

second set of twins: found out at 6 mos after doctor said "no twins, that other heartbeat is an echo," went a week past due date, went to hosp after a day of labor abt midnight, normal labor, megadose of drugs, had to be delivered with foreceps, born by 4am. birth weight: 7lb7oz & 6lb2oz. I thought I could stay a day longer, but they kicked me out the next afternoon!

but no c-sections, no complications, I know the full meaning of bundles of joy! I think I was lucky that I escaped lots of possible complications.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, Jaymes looks good BUT...(ahem) I had Carrie at 1:30 pm Thursday...and was showered and dressed in a clean nighshirt by 4:30. I was sitting on my bed brushing my hair and a nurse came in, looked at me and said, "Oh...I'm looking for Mrs. ___--she just had a baby?"

"That's me!"

She just stared at me and then said, "Wow. Sorry to stare but...wow! You look great!"

heh. Family visited about an hour later, pediatrician checked Carrie out early Friday morning and then baby and mama went home around 11 am Friday.

Of course, that was 13 years ago....

sigh.

LOve the pic of Clay smiling into the car. Clay's hair is quite....er...long, isn't it? :unsure: Wonder if he'll cut it before Parker starts grabbing it! :)

Muski you must be made of the tough stuff! I always thought I was tough but I resembled Phylllis Diller for many, many days ( months): :onFire:

Thanks, annabear and Thankful! In the interest of full disclosure, I didn't create the baby emotie - found it ages ago (during my fanfic days, lol). I just added the hat and the Dad Rocks! bubble. :-)

The hat made it all work, cindilu! :clap:

On the hospital stay topic, did you all really leave that quickly? I remember that my first was born on the 23rd and went home on the 27th, and just about the same number of days (3-4) for the other two. (I can just hear Solo saying, why am I not surprised?)

Scarlett sounds like you just took sensible precautions not that I would have stayed anything like oh...eight days ....or anything.....

:preachit:

Here's another ignorant set of questions. For a Caesarean you have an incision, don't you? Doesn't that take awhile to heal? Like more than a couple of days? Do you go back for checkups or do they just throw you out the door and say "call us"? What was it like taking care of a baby and trying to get the care and rest you need to heal from the Caesarean?

Yes Jmh you do need a bloody great big incision! Even when you are a sane (shut up) reasonably intelligent (again shut up) woman it is still a shock to the system. Here in Oz I had a follow up check after four weeks .

It is hard to get the rest needed, I always say that its the only major surgery that you don't get a recovery time from- within the day you are up trying to find the user manual for this brand new person .

My first baby was born at 32 weeks, so he was not going home with me, my doctor felt bad for me and let me stay 5 days so I could be with him as much as possible. The other two boys were full term and I went home in 2 days. I really felt great after all of their birth. Took forever to loose the weight, even though I gained between 30-38 pounds. Thought if I nursed them I would loose weight faster. Never did work. I nursed them all for a year each and it still tooks months to get into my clothes. Jaymes reminds me of my sister, she had her first baby two weeks before I had my second, and she left the hospital in her size 5 Calvin Klein jeans. I left in maternity pants.

Yeah that whole "nursing helps you lose the weight" myth..... I lived in maternity pants for a very long time. And I dont like your sister........

Had all three of mine by c-section, the first was an emergency and in those days once you had one that way you had them all. Back in the 60s, you stayed a whole week for a c-section. People used to tell me how lucky I was not to have gone thru labor, but it takes a full 3 months to recover from abdominal surgery and that is basically what a c-section is. Plus you're taking care of a newborn and others if it isn't your first.

I remember it being all I could do to get out of bed the first couple of weeks and getting in and out of the rocking chair was a major umph. For all three, they pushed on the uterus in the recovery room to get it to contract back into shape and it was the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Sadists... I had stiches for cryinoutloud!!!

Liney I am so hearing you! My last Caeser was only ten years ago but I had eight full days in with both kids. I neeeeeded it! My doctor told me that it is not uncommon to have some pain up to 12 months later. People used to try and tell me how I "did it the easy way" by having the caeser and I could have throttled them, still could. It is after all Major surgery.

dadrocks.png

So cute!!!!

iloveclaysbaby-1.gif

first set of twins: found out 10 days before birth that they were twins, water broke at 4 am 3 days before due date, at the hospital by 4:15, no progress, was induced around 10 am, babies born both by 2 pm. birth weight: 5lb14oz each. 2 (3?) day stay in hospital.

second set of twins: found out at 6 mos after doctor said "no twins, that other heartbeat is an echo," went a week past due date, went to hosp after a day of labor abt midnight, normal labor, megadose of drugs, had to be delivered with foreceps, born by 4am. birth weight: 7lb7oz & 6lb2oz. I thought I could stay a day longer, but they kicked me out the next afternoon!

but no c-sections, no complications, I know the full meaning of bundles of joy! I think I was lucky that I escaped lots of possible complications.

ChaCha you are indeed an amazon woman! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ChaChaTrusty

:00003653:

One night at dinner, Palgrave fussily told the waiter to be particularly

careful of the port because the old gentleman was fastidious about his wine.

When the waiter was gone, Tennyson asked,

"Do you mean me by 'the old gentleman'?

At fifty-one, he was sensitive about his age..
"

R.B. Martin,
TENNYSON: The Unquiet Heart
, 1980

Took forever to loose the weight, even though I gained between 30-38 pounds. Thought if I nursed them I would loose weight faster. Never did work. I nursed them all for a year each and it still tooks months to get into my clothes. Jaymes reminds me of my sister, she had her first baby two weeks before I had my second, and she left the hospital in her size 5 Calvin Klein jeans. I left in maternity pants.

Hee, I can sooooooo identify with this, and I think it's about the first thing I noticed in the video (after Clay & Parker of course!) Jaymes looks great! I never had a problem losing the weight after the baby was born, because I never gained much more than the baby's weight. But nursing only made me hungrier. I think I gained 20 pounds with each baby I nursed (between 6 and 18 months each time). I had 3 full term babies (no caesareans though), the first two I was in the hospital the full 5 days, then they changed the rules, so imagine how surprised I was to be kicked out after 24 hours with the 3rd? :cryingwlaughter:

Total speculation that she had a C-section at all - but if she did, I'd guess that was the reason for the pillow - a hugger. I've never had a c-section, but have had abdominal surgery - and that hugger-pillow was an absolute neccessity for coughing, etc.

Yep, that's the second thing I noticed in the video. The pillow. I never needed one but my Mom did, after her two surgeries last year.

Love all the emoties! :wub:

Happy Birthday, cha cha trusty! And two sets of twins? My hat is off to you!

cotton I had the same problem with not producing enough milk after my c-section. My son weighed 8lb 8oz at birth and went home just under 8 lbs, which is apparently normal. I remember at my one Dr's check-up 4 days after coming home, telling them that it didn't appear that my milk had come in yet, and they kind of pooh-poohed me. We took my son to his Dr several days later after he still hadn't had a good poop. He was down to almost 6 lbs, and back to the hospital we went! I was exhausted, and didn't even notice, as he seemed to be nursing well. Turns out I was producing very little milk. They kept us both in the hospital several more days, bringing in all kinds of lactation experts. They had me either trying to feed him, or pumping about every three hours- but it would take almost an hour each time. So for 3 or 4 days or however long we were in there, I was getting no sleep- tired and miserable (this was in the middle of one of the hottest summers I can remember- and I felt it)- I finally said "give me the damn bottle". I know they really try to push the breast over bottle feeding, but by that point I figured I wasn't going to be any use to him in my state of exhaustion, and went to the bottle. A couple weeks after that, I remember seeing a story on 20/20 or somewhere about the problem of breastfeeding mothers who don't produce enough milk. It can lead to severe health problems for the child- dehydration, stroke, even death. I was stunned! I had never heard about this before. It was definitely not something any of the lactation experts ever mentioned.

I'm probably the only one who think Clay looks cute in those cargo pants and plaid shirt. I love plaid and have quite a few myself. I never ever thought he was a slob. I'm quite messy myself.

Nope- not alone. I always think he's adorably quirky- especially in some of his more "questionable" outfits.

cha cha trusty- two sets of twins?? YOWSA! :F_05BL17blowkiss: A big :00003653: to you!

As someone said in Gone with the Wind..."I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' no babies!" However, when I was a kid my parents kept foster children, so I was pretty experienced around babies. However, I knew nothing about the "football" hold.

Clay's shorts and shirts didn't even make me bat an eye. I'm so used to him being in those kinds of clothes, it felt good to me to see him in that. The shoes, however? Have we ever seen him in Converse tennis shoes? That threw me a bit.

Wonder how much sleep Clay has had in the past 24 hours?

cha cha -- :bday2:

I can't be the only one who left the hospital the same day after giving birth? Son was born 4 yrs ago ( 1 was 38 ) - fairly quick, unmedicated birth (5 hours of labour) and went home about 6 hours later. I can't sleep worth a darn in a hospital and had a horrible time with that after the birth of my daughter 7 years ago. I stayed 2 nights after she was born and I don't think I slept more than 3 hours the whole time.

My son attended his first and only London ON clunch when he was less than 3 months old!!

I enjoy reading all of your birthing history. Like a said earlier my first baby was 32 weeks along when he decided to join us. I had been out riding my bike the night before on our weekly training ride. Noticed it was harder to sit on the seat leaning forward to hang on the bars. Just felt it was me just getting bigger. Went to work the next day, worked my ass off all day. Was working a Coronary Care Unit and we started with 7 patients and I admitted 7 new patients that day. Never took a break all day and my ankles were huge by the end of the day. Went home and later that night my water broke. I still remember my husband reaction when I woke him up. He told me it was my imagination and to go back to sleep. I convinced him I needed to go and get checked, he drove thrity miles a hour to the hosptial and just new we would be going back home. I fooled him, within 5 hours we had a baby boy. For him being early he still weighed 5#8oz. Good weight if only he would stop having apnea and his heart rate dropping we would of been fine. I remind him to this day how he scared us. He will be 29 in 10 days. My other two babies were 9#5oz, and 8#8oz. They kept teasing me at the Dr. office with my last one that he would weigh 10#. My answer back I was not delivering a ten pound baby. Lucky for me he was smaller.

The shoes, however? Have we ever seen him in Converse tennis shoes? That threw me a bit.

Yes - during the ATDW promo. Clay was wearing the laceless Chucks in the photo shoot at the piano, and I'm pretty sure he had them on during the "I shaved my leg for yewh!" Kimmel appearance. He was also wearing them in some of the OFC pictures from that timeframe. No access to photobucket though, so I can't post pictures.

Good Morning Everyone,

46 Days until Clay is partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

67 Days until The BAF Gala!

:woohoo:

Happy Birthday Cha Cha!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

My son attended his first and only London ON clunch when he was less than 3 months old!!

I remember that!

I also remember the football hold, more for my ex using it than me. My babies were all fairly large (7 lb 11 oz, 8 lb 10 oz, 8 lb 2 oz) and they grew quickly, so he didn't use it for long. Now Clay, he has him some long limbs and some big hands, so he may be able to use it for a bit longer! :cryingwlaughter:

On the hospital stay topic, did you all really leave that quickly?

If Jaymes and Parker were doing well, I imagine they just wanted to get home, away from prying eyes and cameras and people pumping the staff for info. Think how we found out about all this!

Had my son six weeks early. No complications, but the well-meaning nurses were iuncomfortable with my wanting to breast-feed - the usual routine was they would just let ya borrow your tightly-wrapped papoose every once in a while, and they took care of everything else. So they kept giving my son glucose water when he cried, if they felt they didn't want to wake me up, which meant he wasn't all that interested in nursing and lost enough weight to dip below 5 pounds, and I was not allowed to take him home until he gained it back.

Once home, he quickly became a big bouncy chubby baby. MY MIL was not happy that I was nursing, it was unscientific.

Since I skipped that last six weeks, I never gained much weight, and got back into tight-fitting jersey jumpsuits and such really quickly.

I have about 5 or 6 pairs of those laceless Converse sneakers in different colors, they are awesomely comfortable and I love the way they look. I think they are called Slips, and there are two versions - designer (for Clay) and regular (for me). I can find them at various stores for $20-$30 sometimes.

Here is a good sale - you just add 2 to the men's size for a woman's size....

CT Slips

There is elastic under the tongue (does that sound smutty?) so they are just as secure as if there were laces, and a lot more comfortable.

The shoes, however? Have we ever seen him in Converse tennis shoes? That threw me a bit.

Yes - during the ATDW promo. Clay was wearing the laceless Chucks in the photo shoot at the piano, and I'm pretty sure he had them on during the "I shaved my leg for yewh!" Kimmel appearance. He was also wearing them in some of the OFC pictures from that timeframe. No access to photobucket though, so I can't post pictures.

Yep, yep, yep! I don't have the bigger version, but he's got them on here:

spamweb_seureu.gif

Wishing you a verra :bday: cha cha! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm probably the only one who think Clay looks cute in those cargo pants and plaid shirt. I love plaid and have quite a few myself. I never ever thought he was a slob. I'm quite messy myself.

The weather in NC has been so much nicer these last few days in the mid eighties and less humid. It was perfect weather to bring home a baby. I hope parenthood is all that they hoped it would be.

I have never understood the hatin' on Clay's off-time clothes. He looks like a normal 20's-30's guy. I much prefer his casual dress being - "grab and go" that if he were overly concerned about his outward appearance.

And - yeah - it's been brutal and it's wonderful to have this break in heat and humidity!

cotton I had the same problem with not producing enough milk after my c-section. My son weighed 8lb 8oz at birth and went home just under 8 lbs, which is apparently normal. I remember at my one Dr's check-up 4 days after coming home, telling them that it didn't appear that my milk had come in yet, and they kind of pooh-poohed me. We took my son to his Dr several days later after he still hadn't had a good poop. He was down to almost 6 lbs, and back to the hospital we went! I was exhausted, and didn't even notice, as he seemed to be nursing well. Turns out I was producing very little milk. They kept us both in the hospital several more days, bringing in all kinds of lactation experts. They had me either trying to feed him, or pumping about every three hours- but it would take almost an hour each time. So for 3 or 4 days or however long we were in there, I was getting no sleep- tired and miserable (this was in the middle of one of the hottest summers I can remember- and I felt it)- I finally said "give me the damn bottle". I know they really try to push the breast over bottle feeding, but by that point I figured I wasn't going to be any use to him in my state of exhaustion, and went to the bottle. A couple weeks after that, I remember seeing a story on 20/20 or somewhere about the problem of breastfeeding mothers who don't produce enough milk. It can lead to severe health problems for the child- dehydration, stroke, even death. I was stunned! I had never heard about this before. It was definitely not something any of the lactation experts ever mentioned.

My Mama was a nurse, so I had someone there who knew what to expect. (She was the first person after the surgeon to hold both her grandchildren!)

But - even she didn't caution me about over-doing.

Doc ended up putting DS on CEREAL at two weeks because he was also losing weight at home. It was thinned A LOT with formula, but still cereal! He was also a very lazy nurser! Born at 7 lbs 9 oz - big baby for me, but he dropped to 6 something - don't remember the oz. So - he was a scrawny little thing. With a head full of black hair sticking out all over his head! Then he became a blond! Now he's back to black - with some gray! Which horrifies him!

I hope the Parker Foster Aiken family are doing well today!

Wonder how Raleigh and Durham are taking this baby invasion???!!! :cryingwlaughter:

dadrocks.png

So cute!!!!

iloveclaysbaby-1.gif

cha cha... HOLY HECK... two sets of twins!!! I bow down to you!!! :worthy:

By the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Cha Cha!!!

:2164: :fest09: :partytime::balloons::Pogo0: :fest30: :fest06::partytime2:

I gained a totally ridiculous amount of weight during my pregnancy - I mean stupid ridiculous. Didn't count the 15 hours of labor before delivery - one of the reasons I made sure I didn't do it again. All I did that first night was feed him - I was definitely grateful for the nurses to deal with him for the first night. Y'all shoulda called me up - I swear to God Elsie was my middle name. It seemed like minutes after Paul was born, my chest swelled to that frickin' DDD - my ex actually put Paul in one of the cups....he was a little over-cooked - three weeks past his due date. But I've always known about the football hold...

I wonder if Clay, Jaymes and Parker are just slept together in a big exhausted pile once they got home? I think that's the one thing I did where I totally ignored my doctors and just did what my grandmother told me...I don't think Paul actually slept in his crib until after I went back to school...

DDD?

pffft!

My Mama came into my hospital room with this ridiculously large nursing bra. :o I said, "Mama! You must be joking!"

She was sure I'd fill it up when "my milk came in".

Nope. Nothing like my Mama in the booby department. Just cuz she had jugs, she thought I'd grow 'em, too! :cryingwlaughter:

Never happened.

So - no - I never came close to needing that nursing bra.

I think I gained 18 pounds total with my 7 lb 9 oz baby! :laugh2:

I weighed 127 lbs when they checked me into the hospital.

And maternity clothes? Fahgetaboutit. They didn't make them to fit me.

I tried on the smallest size they had in my neighboring "larger town" and that was a 10. Bwah! A TENT!!!

So - my sewing machine and I got a workout. I sewed maternity panels into my jeans and bought lots of smock tops that were, thankfully, in vogue at the time! People didn't even see I was pregnant until I was about 7 1/2 months!

Now - in the last three years - I have been bigger than my full term weight - but am now back down where I should be. That's what getting sick will do for ya!

Okay - enough of that . . .

:Iluvclaysbutt:

This CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: Gee, bottle...if this is your recall without benefit of your photobucket account.... :lmaosmiley-1: The detail reminded me of my husband and his unbelievable ability to remember softball statistics...somebody will casually ask, "I don't remember exactly how it happened, but didn't Carrie hit a thousand one time?"

And he's off! "Yeah, in Santa Rosa two years ago. It was a scorcher--the girls were flinging water bottles off the field as they ran back in. It was in the third inning and Mia had just hit a single to deep right field. Carrie was up next but was holding up the game to tie her shoelaces. The second baseman had on a pink headband. The pitcher was tired, having already thrown 73 pitches, including 50 fastballs, 10 change ups and even some screw balls. Finally, Carrie takes the plate and..hit it right through the shortstops legs, after taking two balls and striking at a high fastball."

Get the idea? :rolleyes::hysterical:

And stealing this from Scarlett...

Hbd cha cha!

:7254:

Can you stand a break from all the baby talk and read something more on the media?

There is an interesting article in the Huffington Post on the way in which John Edward's affair is being reported.

Catching the Wrong John

I liked this excerpt from it.

"My guess is that media enthusiasm for sex scandals would drop within days of the first report (replete with photos) on the sexual indiscretions of a television news anchor or reporter, and that the kind of rationalizations we have heard for two decades---"we had to cover it because the newspaper that brought you 'Woman Gives Birth to Four-Headed Reptile" was covering it -- would disappear as fast as you can say "zip it."