#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

On this day in 2005: Clay performed his JBT Concert at the Toronto, Ontario, Canada Molson Amphitheater

I was there! I was there!

Misty May Traenor is married to Matt Traenor who is a catcher for the Florida Marlins (pro baseball team) And for the 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon game - her uncle works with my son! :whistling-1: She's a totally amazing athlete.....but who knows if she can dance! I doubt she'll be a Kristi Yamaguchi! The roster for DWTS looks pretty boring - quite frankly.

KAndre - don't eat anything with toenails! Just saying.

Hello, POLympics.

Blyecth, Patooey, pffft!

Think we could just put both candidates on the track and let 'em go at it??!

First man to cross the line is the new prez??!!

Save us all a lot of time and money and aggravation!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Hee! I have to comment on this, since it looks like Canadians will have an election in the near (and I mean very near!) future. I watch CNN pretty regularly and think that their "Election Centre" title is hysterical. I mean, they've been using it for at least a year! :hysterical:

Our PM is expected to make an announcement after Labour Day about an upcoming Federal election - in 30 to 45 days! Yup, that's the way I like them. Even when those campaigns wrap up, I've had enough of all of them.

luckiest1 - Thanks for the Toronto JBT memory. I remember I was so excited about going that I took the whole day off work and it's where I met a lot of fans for the very first time.

Well, Bye Bye Olympics . . . *snif*

and, sadly,

Hello, POLympics.

Blyecth, Patooey, pffft!

Think we could just put both candidates on the track and let 'em go at it??!

First man to cross the line is the new prez??!!

Save us all a lot of time and money and aggravation!

:lmaosmiley-1:

I cannot, CANNOT get over the long and drawn out process involved in electing a new president. Soooo much money, soo much time going into just saying "VOTE FOR ME"... and then all the mud throwing at the other candidate from the same party in order ot win the nomination. I realize it is an important job 'n all BUT it just seems like such a lot of hot air swirling around. And the worst part is that Obama and Hillary would have made a dynamic TEAM.

At least the Olympics was only for 2 weeks....(OK, they had 8 years of preparation but at least we did not have to be involved in hearing all the about it. We simply enjoyed the 2 weeks of party.)

Harumph.

I like DWTS. Why? 'Cause it's one show my 87 year old mother and I can agree on. She doesn't know who 3/4 of the contestants are in their RL jobs (although I don't think Kim Kardashian HAS a RL job *g*), but she usually ends up finding someone who she likes, and she loves the ballroom dancing. She doesn't get into the type of dancing on SYTYCD, though....

And I have to say, usually the ones with the "boring" contestants at first frequently tend to be the episodes where, by the final episodes, it's pretty darn interesting. I've seen this happen on Survivor too, and I've seen the reverse as well -- "casts" that people think will be really good tend to turn out snoozefest seasons.

Topic: I wonder if Clay will watch "The Amazing Race" this year. Maybe he'll Tivo it so he can watch it when feeding Parker at 2:00 a.m.

Topic: I wonder if Clay will watch "The Amazing Race" this year. Maybe he'll Tivo it so he can watch it when feeding Parker at 2:00 a.m.

Aww. I'd love to see that. Clay feeding Parker at 2:00 a.m., not TAR. What? I told y'all my middle name is schmmopie today.

I go back & forth on DWTS. I've really liked it, but I don't think I watched it much last season. I'll check it out this time around.

My most vivid memory about the Toronto JBT, aside from meeting up with some of my online buddies, (most specifically, one from California), was hearing Clay sing "O Canada". As we were leaving the venue after the show, I passed cindilu2 and commented about how that had choked me up even if he didn't quite get the tune right. She replied with something like "Oh, we can change it to his version, I could live with that!"

Broke me up! :hysterical:

My most vivid memory about the Toronto JBT, aside from meeting up with some of my online buddies, (most specifically, one from California), was hearing Clay sing "O Canada". As we were leaving the venue after the show, I passed cindilu2 and commented about how that had choked me up even if he didn't quite get the tune right. She replied with something like "Oh, we can change it to his version, I could live with that!"

Broke me up! :hysterical:

Honestly it was great that he knew it, I don't know myself, we don't hear it much here in Quebec of course.

Yep, I think hearing Clay sing O Canada was a pretty big highlight of the night. LOL. That and the debut of Tears Run Dry with the fireworks going off. It was pretty weird being back at that venue last weekend for the first time in 3 years, and seeing Spamalot being advertised on the screens. :)

I really hope we can keep most of the political talk off of main. I detest politics.

What I remember most about Toronto JBT was the fact that I had to beg Clayanne for about 2 months to go with me - she'd never been on an airplane in her life! Then SHE won the meet & greet with Clay! Hmphh!

claynadian.gif

The other kind of funny thing was we asked the desk guy where to eat dinner the night we got in. He gave us directions and apparently ( :cryingwlaughter: ) one of us heard a turn wrong or we didn't walk to the right curb. We're walking and walking and all of a sudden we see guys with their arms around each other and the billboards don't look like the usual ones and HOLY CRAP! there were some kind of strange "implements" in a few store windows. I looked at Clayanne and her eyes were about the size of dinner plates. I think we had wandered into the gay district!....something they don't have in New Iberia, LA. Having worked in SF for 15 years I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary!!! :hysterical:

I've never posted this before (I don't think, anyway) but I'm cell-certing LiftMeUp and standing only a few feet from Clay when he came down into the audience to "talk to a man" who didn't want to be there. All I remember about that is his suit had glitter woven into it, and the makeup didn't cover his freckles and his eyelashes were very, very light that night. Oh, and Nick was ever-vigilant!

sue-anne4.jpg

eta: I'm with Luckiest. I hatessss politics. And quite frankly I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to run for an office....

As for DWTS - I'll probably watch it but.... I'm guessing Lance Bass will be pretty good on his feet.

Cool picture! Great shoulder shot, but also great of the audience reaction, even the shadow of a picture taker on Clay's back. There's got to be some meaning in that...

I'll put in my vote for the "I hatesss politics" ballot, too. It's going to be a long fall - especially since I'm not going to Spam until January! :cryingwlaughter:

Yep, I think hearing Clay sing O Canada was a pretty big highlight of the night. LOL. That and the debut of Tears Run Dry with the fireworks going off. It was pretty weird being back at that venue last weekend for the first time in 3 years, and seeing Spamalot being advertised on the screens. :)

I really hope we can keep most of the political talk off of main. I detest politics.

Was that the night he introduced Jaymes? And pulled her up onstage?

ooops - never mind (tm Emily Latella) - I looked it up - that was Toronto!

(I am not too confused!! :D)

050825_Toronto_CarWashJaymesFL_7-1.jpg

psssst - thanks lucky! :)

eta: wanted to add that I do my best to stay away from politics also, even tho mrchach works for the .gov - so I am surrounded by it. Plus all my kids (that's 7 of them if you count partners!) are deeply immersed... that's all I'm sayin'!!

I got hooked on DWTS the first season and have watched every season. My favorite could be when the Cheetah Girl and the Spice Girl were up against each other! They could really dance up a storm!! Not sure how this year's line up will do, I am a 'wait 'n' see' kinda gal. :dan1:

ALSO......... did you hear that American Idol is adding another judge this year?? Her name is "Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi" and apparently Clay has recorded at least one of her songs. Anybody know which one?

Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi" wrote "Measure of a Man"

OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................if one of those Idol wannabes attempts to sing Clay's song I'm going to URF!!!!

eta: I just got an email from a friend where the instructions are "mail this to 10 friends" yada! yada! I despise that stuff and usually just delete it. But it was about friendship and women friends in particular and how great it is to be a woman. This was the list - which I thought was pretty funny:

It is good to be a woman:

1. We got off the Titanic first.

2. We can scare male bosses with the mysterious gynecological disorder excuses.

3. Taxis stop for us.

4. We don't look like a frog in a blender when dancing.

5. No fashion faux pas we make, could ever rival the Speedo.

6. We don't have to pass gas to amuse ourselves.

7.. If we forget to shave, no one has to know.

8. We can congratulate our teammate without ever touching her rear end.

9. We never have to reach down every so often to make sure our privates are still there.

10. We have the ability to dress ourselves.

11. We can talk to the opposite sex without having to picture them naked.

12. If we marry someone 20 years younger, we are aware that we will look like an idiot.

13. We will never regret piercing our ears.

14. There are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.

15. We can make comments about how silly men are in their presence because they aren't listening anyway.

:cryingwlaughter:

Just checking Youtube before logging off and guess what countries like my latest videos?

Clay's house tour

United States 0.1

Estonia 0.02

Peru 0.01

South Korea 0.01

Canada 0.01

Hong Kong SAR China 0.01

Japan 0.0

Germany 0.0

United Kingdom 0.0

and

Your video is most popular in these countries/states.

United States 0.15

Slovenia 0.05

Estonia 0.05

New Zealand 0.03

Canada 0.03

Peru 0.02

Croatia 0.02

Japan 0.02

Czech Republic 0.01

Denmark 0.01

I wonder what this means?

Ah, it is if you change the time period, it just does that time period, the Estonian person is apparently a new fan! Look at that an NJU story without a person attatched

I looked it up.

"Grammy-nominated songwriter Kara DioGuardi" co-wrote "Measure of a Man" The Way :F_05BL17blowkiss:

She's 37.........

dioguardi,kara.jpg

CORRECTION.............

Kara DioGuardi wrote the song "THE WAY" on MOAM.

(with 3 other people: Steve Morales, Enrique Iglesias, & David Siegel)

(sorry, first research attempt was not thorough enough!!)

eta: play - would you post a link to your "House Tour" vid? :please:

Chach, can you correct your original post too? Just in case someone sees it and passes it on before getting to the correction.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Nevermind, I did it--hope you don't mind. Feel free to reedit any old way you want to.

Instead of working, I've been having fun listening to the Toronto JBT. Hee, I swear I'm not shipping, but here are some fun quotes:

Canadians have a tendency to look very nice.

I think my foot has gotten bigger. This shoe will not go on.

There's somebody else in the audience who is a wonderful dancer, I want to introduce you to them.

We'll be right back with Jaymes Foster-Levy.

Goodnight, Canada!

And of course this whole exchange:

CA: What's your name, ma'am?

JF: Jaymes.

CA: Jaymes. Where are you from?

JF: Victoria, British Columbia.

CA: British Columbia. Now Jaymes, have to been to this show before?

JF: Many times.

CA: Many times. It's good, huh? Pretty good. It's great. Jaymes has been a few times. Jaymes has a distinction, she's from British Columbia, she's a....would you consider yourself a Canadian or a Claynadian?

JF: Claynadian.

CA: Definitely. You know, and some people might consider her the head Claynadian, because Jaymes is the executive producer of our next album, from right here in Canada, so it's going to have a nice Canadian flare to it when it comes out in 2025. Jaymes, you've seen the show, you know what we do, right....in the 70's?

JF: Yes.

CA: And I think that...I was talking to Quiana during that last song...Quiana, you think Jaymes would do a great job of dancing, don't you? Now, we know she picks great songs, she's even picked a song especially for Toronto tonight, we're going to premiere it tonight here in Toronto. But don't you guys think you'd like to see Jaymes dance for us this evening? Jaymes, these are your countrymen, you need to dance for them, don't you think so?

JF: I will do it...only for Canadians.

CA: Only for Canadians. Give her a round of applause, guys. She'll be up in the 70's.

And don't even get me started on some of the lyrics......

Till now, I always got by on my own. I never really cared until I met you. And now it chills me to the bone. How do I get you alone? How do I get you alone?

Not so crazy 'bout love songs

Never been into that kind of stuff, no.

This one's got me conflicted

Feel like I'm addicted

The sadness self inflicted

I just can't get enough.

Now it's taking on a whole new meaning.

This time the story cuts a little too close to home, cuz

this song is all about us,

how do they know about us,

what happened was just between us,

and now the whole world knows,

cuz it's all over the radio.

Still I can't sleep at night without holding you tight

Cuz each time I try I just break down and cry

Pain in my head oh I'd rather be dead

Spinning around and around

Although we've come to the end of the road

Still I can't let go

It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

And I'd give up forever to touch you

Cuz I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

and I don't want to go home right now.

Cuz all I can taste is the moment

And all I can breathe is your life

And sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight

Cuz I don't want the world to see me

Cuz I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am.

:wub:

heh, lunch break from packing and getting ready to go to dinner and then home. I hope I get a lot done before the rain and the dog has to come inside and will lay on the bed I just desanded and straightened out. At least tere is no wet laundry today.

Some day, you can probably hear that song sung by someone else. it won't be a good and people will probably pepper radio stations with illeagal copies of the show, heh.

Since this place seems half Canadian now, does that mean we have to discuss Canadian politics as little as US politics?

OK, gotta let the dog in, the thunder is getting to her.

Quick note - Spamalot down another 10%, I think it is 20th in grosses now and a new discount coupon good from today until Sept 18th has shown up with $59 orchestra tickets.