#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

So, if Clay can't have a modeling contract...

I'm glad this guy did.

:lmaosmiley-1:

I love it! :hysterical:

OMG! ldyj!

That SO-O-O-O does NOT belong on page 69!!!

How 'bout this?

JBTACTh1096c_filteredNWt.jpg

Or this?

Scrpkym_WestPoint06.jpg

Maybe this?

AI3_Solitaire-1.jpg

Getting warmer?

JBTACTh3453cor1.jpg

:lilredani:

annabear, can I have your photobucket account when you pass from this earth? PWEEZE?!?!?!

You know, since there seems to be one for everything else, I bet there's some application on FaceBook that would let me bequeath it to you! :lmaosmiley-1:

Well crap! Top of a new page with that?? Must make this page pretty, too...

tulsa22.jpg

2006Merrillville113ct600-1.jpg

40011510-M.jpg

Afghanistan3wide-1.jpg

beautiful-1.jpg

Love, love love that pic from GFI from last year! Any pic like that, where his eyes are smiling, too... :flirtysmile3:

And the toe pic is cute - makes me think of pics of him when he was little, which makes me think of little Sweet P.... :wub:

Back to cleaning, packing, planning, etc.

Me too! But for moving. I'd appreciate good thoughts for this Friday as I go look at my umpteenth condo. I really like the neighborhood, it's only about 2 years old and the girl selling it seems very easy to work with.

Good luck condo hunting annabear! And what's all this packing and cleaning and stuff? Yuck. I hate that stuff. Iseeme, hope it is all going OK.

Blast from the past time...guaranteed to put a smile on your face...

Well, I was wondering when the 3rd bit of bad luck would happen - the washer died Sunday. DH was hoping he'd be able to fix it. Nope. Paid repairman $60 for him to tell us it would cost $200+ to fix!

Ack!

So - we just made a washer hunting trip and ended up with Whirlpool (actually, Roper - made by Whirlpool) for $318 + $59 delivery cost!

Sheesh!

I'm ready for some Good Luck!

th_2003to2008morph.gif

Good luck condo hunting annabear! And what's all this packing and cleaning and stuff? Yuck. I hate that stuff. Iseeme, hope it is all going OK.

Blast from the past time...guaranteed to put a smile on your face...

I need a transcript!!!

I can't understand 1/2 of what they're saying!!!

:)

ldyj - leaving for the Bay Area tomorrow for g-daughter's soccer game on Wednesday night and then mil's services on Friday from which I will be home verra verra late on Friday night. I have to work Saturday and have company arriving while I'm at work so everything has to be done today. So I'm cleaning for company and packing for the Bay Area. And with the help of my furbrats...it isn't going too badly (need an emotie that evokes sarcasm here.....) So far Charlotte has absconded with 2 wine corks and 3 bottlecaps out of the garbage bag (which are now under the bed in the guest room) and Benjie has pulled almost a complete roll of toilet paper off the roll and it's all over my bathroom and bedroom. He's nearly 4 years old and has never even noticed the toilet paper roll before. Is it possible to send a Siamese cat to obedience school? And in the event the answer is "no" - does anyone know a good safe tranquilizer for a 16 pound rascal? Cat restraints? :cryingwlaughter:

After seeing Diamond Rio the other night (and even though they didn't sing I Know How The River Feels) I want to purchase one of their CDs. Anybody have any recommendations? They have quite a few out.

eta: Annabear - if you don't have a laundry area in the condo - check out how far away it is from you. Also (and you probably know this) find out exactly what the homeowner dues cover and what they don't cover - that can change from place to place and they can really, really screw you on those fees! How often can they raise them, is there a target percentage, is their a ceiling, etc. Is there a noise clause in the CC&Rs and is there visitor parking that's convenient for your visitors!

KAndre... cool pictures... even Mickey D's looked different. The view from BK was awesome. Your travelogues are so much fun to read. Thanks!!!

Anna... gorgeous pictures! You pick good!!! S.W.O.O.N.

Iseeme... I love that toe picture! So cute!

Cotton... dang, you are more than ready for some good luck! Don't expect any before Oct, tho. the energy of September is the most difficult of the year, then the rest of the year is good.

the energy of September is the most difficult of the year, then the rest of the year is good.

ACK!! I'm going into hybernation for Sept. then! :unsure:

Thanks for the tips, Iseeme. I've become quite familiar with the HOA fees and how widely they range... <_< Between those and the taxes in some areas, it basically doubles the mortgage payment! :yow: And since I'm leaving my current home (apartment) of the last 5 years because of noisy neighbors from hell (interesting development there - I'll post about it in the neighborly thread) and ineffective management, I've most definitely been looking into all of the clauses and rules and whatnots. <-- insert Exorcist-like headspinning emoti here

The saga of the fridge continues...

Hubby was supposed to call for service again today if it was not working properly (which it is not); so I get home from work and find out he did not call...he thought he would "wait another day"...you do not want to know what I was mumbling under my breath.

So, I decide to call myself and he tells me I won't get a real person, they don't give you an option; I had a real person in about two minutes...tell her the problem and her suggestion? Unplug and plug in the fridge and see if that solves the problem...that seems to be a universal fix; they always tell me that when I have computer or satellite dish problems.

So, hubby unplugs the fridge while I am on the phone and we wait...then after 30 seconds she asks me if the setting dials flashed...I say no, the setting dials are in the fridge and we did not have the door open. She then asks if we can hear a fan running, I say no and then she asks me if we have the doors open by any chance. By this time I am biting my tongue not to go off on her.

Finally she says she will have a service guy out tomorrow...great that is what I wanted to begin with.

I hang up with her and the fridge is still not running, no fan...and the thermometer in the freezer is now registering 40 degrees...so it seems all the unplugging and plugging in did was make it worse.

At this point, I am ready to cry....hubby decides to try one more thing...he turns the temp dials to zero, turns off the fridge for 30 seconds and then turns it back...heavenly days, the fan is on!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed this works at least until the service guy gets here tomorrow!

Kim

aikim, sorry to read about the fridge saga. If all else fails, buy ice! We were without power for three days a few weeks ago. I lost hundreds of dollars of food, but surprising, was able to save some in a giant cooler with a lot of ice. It is always a calculated risk when to risk opening the fridge/freezer doors to add ice or leave it closed and preserve the temperature.

aikim, sorry to read about the fridge saga. If all else fails, buy ice! We were without power for three days a few weeks ago. I lost hundreds of dollars of food, but surprising, was able to save some in a giant cooler with a lot of ice. It is always a calculated risk when to risk opening the fridge/freezer doors to add ice or leave it closed and preserve the temperature.

Actually, that was my hubby's first thought...thankfully, I don't have that much in the freezer right now...good thing I have a family that likes to eat!

Kim

I missed page 69!!!! WAHHHH!!!

I'll just have to make up for it by posting some pics. Sorry that they are almost all from the JBT - I find his 50's look INCREDIBLY sexy!! Some of it is the pants, some of it is the leather jacket, and some of it is ATTITUDE!!

074.jpg

028Tac.jpg

ec04a78a.jpg

101_0064c5x7t_f.jpg

elvis11.jpg

100_7469c5x7t_f.jpg

100_5432c5x7t_filtered.jpg

100_5430c1_5x7t_f.jpg

For a little variety:

JBTBW.jpg

kimmel.jpg

the energy of September is the most difficult of the year, then the rest of the year is good.

ACK!! I'm going into hybernation for Sept. then! :unsure:

Lawzy!

Me, too!!!

I don't need no more bad luck, I gotta tell ya!

Had a nice visit with DS this weekend. He came and spent a few hours with us - dinner, etc, Sunday.

Feel free to scroll . . .

DS said they are seeing an arbiter after they finish going through all their 'stuff' and deciding who gets what. Then they are going to take that "division of stuff" paperwork to an attorney. And DS is not going to move out of the 'big' house into their 'rental house' (the first house they bought and have rented out for about 3 years) until they have all the papers signed and in order.

I asked him how all this came about. He says he doesn't remember exactly how they came to the decision to split (my words, not his), but that DIL was depressed, was on an antidepressant for a time. About a year ago. (She's not seeing anyone (medical, I mean) now and he doesn't think she's still on meds.) She feels guilty, feels it's all her fault. Doesn't understand why she isn't/wasn't happy.

He says he doesn't know if he wasn't who she thought he was or if marriage isn't what she thought it would be.

I ask him how he was doing. Talked to him about his history of having a temper and that even though I feel sure his "temper has tempered" with age, that he's always been so calm when we talked about this. I was a little concerned, but he said he's fine. He has "people he can lean on" if he needs to. That if he does get upset, it only lasts about 15 minutes or so, and then he's fine. He's had time to grieve. (I think in a way, this might be the easier part. He's no longer trying to figure things out. Now it's taking action, going through steps, taking care of practicalities.)

He also said that he didn't get involved enough in her "design stuff", her job interests. (Like not going to her Christmas Open House until the very last minute!) Didn't go out with her clients, etc. He was tired when he got home from work and was happy to sit on the couch,etc., and not go out. He mentioned her being young when they married. (23/24)

So - I feel a little better after our talk. I'm not as worried about his making a big financial mistake. I'm still a little concerned about DIL staying on in the big house, getting the work done, etc, before it can go on the market. I asked about that and he said, we'll see what the attorney says about all that. So - I'm glad he's getting the professional help.

But - he's still my baby and I hate to see his life taking this turn. Hate to see him hurt. Still I'm proud of the way he's handling it all. He really is a grown up!

The man wants children so much. It's made hearing about Clay's happy event kind of bittersweet for me because I wish my DS were having this to celebrate instead of taking steps to divorce and having to start over. *snif*

Cotton - I feel for you and DS. We went through this 2 years ago after my DS discovered the THIRD affair!!! Two children involved in the marraige, one hers one theirs. Her daughter, who my DS raised for 11 years, completely turned on him and I think that broke his heart more than the divorce! The division of property got so petty it was ridiculous - she was arguing about a whisk for God's sake and she doesn't even cook!!!!! But he had bought it at Wms-Sonoma and loved it....hence, she wanted it. I can tell you that time does heal all wounds! And when marraiges aren't meant to be - both parties are better off out of it! It's not too late for your DS to be a Daddy! It really isn't. And I'm glad he's talking to you about it! That's a blessing in itself.

I LURVES JBT Clay! And I agree with Gibby that aside from the pants, alot of it was attitude! He was channeling Elvis like no other has!!! And it was so much fun to see Clay breaking out of his norm and doing Elvis, Ricky Martin, R&B, etc. BUT....and I think this is someone else on the board's favorite as well - Clay's harmony on Black Velvet will go down as one of my all-time favorite, favorite moments!!! He just flat-out wailed on it and I've nearly worn out download listening to it. Can you wear out downloads?

Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrletttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt - are you doing okay???? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I love Survivor too! The glimpses of different countries really intrigue me, and it's very suspenseful, which catches my interest. I seem to miss a lot of it for whatever reason, but those I do catch I enjoy.

I love Survivor too, but the reason you mention is the reason why I love TAR!! Love TAR. I’m ashamed to admit that I’m watching (and enjoying in a sick, sick way) Big Brother. Hey, there’s nothing else on!!

Ack! I MEANT TAR, don't know what I was thinking! Love it~actually don't like Survivor at all! :lol:

Luckiest1, I obviously can't see Canadian Idol here~do you mind PM'ing me who gets tossed this week? I'm hoping for a Drew/Theo close as well, but I'm betting the lovely Earl (gag...) will be in there instead.

This week I'm betting it's Mitch that goes.

No internet here at the hotel yesterday, so I'm just catching up! I did get a few phonecalls from the office yesterday, but did NOT have to go back to New Brunswick to resolve anything for the case...so the vacation is able to continue!

I've spent two GREAT days driving the #1 highway up and down the coast of Maine; before leaving Bangor yesterday I DID get the pictures of the Stephen King house~pretty cool, and very easy to find.

I'm now at a hotel in Belfast, ME right on Penobscot Bay; my room has a beautiful view of the Bay and I've spent several hours sitting out on the balcony enjoying it. Yesterday afternoon after I got here, and today, I spent driving the highway taking in the sites as I mentioned; stopping wherever I felt like it, to take pictures or visit some of the many interesting shops and little towns, and doing some wading in the Atlantic. Great fun!...and just to add to the purse discussion, I bought one I really like today in Camden ME....NOT a Coach, but hey, I like it! :lmaosmiley-1:

ETA: there are windjammers in Camden harbour...how beautiful!!

Keep up the great HK recaps Kandre and Scarlett...

Awww!

I love Silly Clay!

I especially love the sillyness of the night the girls tried to get him and he was having none of it! Such fun! And Joy!

Gibby and Iseeme, I am glad there seems to be no acrimony between DS and DIL. But I was telling a GF of mine the other night - I just realized that I taught him how to have a split without rancor. It's weird. I did almost the same thing to my ex. I realized I had married too young and married someone way to emotionally old for me. I followed the script I thought was written for me instead of trusting my heart. My ex and I should have been friends, not spouses.

I remember DS's friends being shocked that his parents - complete with step-parents - could all go out to dinner together to celebrate his birthday or his HS graduation or his wedding, etc. But we agreed - I insisted - early that we never take DS's parents away from him - or make him choose. He has lots of adults who love him. And nobody ever tried to use him to prive they were right or whatever.

I had forgotten that he never actually saw an ugly divorce. I'm glad of that. Even though I hate seeing him go through some of the same stuff.

Life is weird and twisted sometimes, isn't it?

After reading all this, everyone should have a better picture of why Clay's choices haven't seemed odd to me at all. He's just trying to live a loving life the best way he knows how - and I'm so happy he has this little guy - and this woman - whatever their personal relationship is - who could share this amazing gift with him. That's love.

I'll shut up now.

*g*

ETA:

Claygirl! :F_05BL17blowkiss: