#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

I've spent two GREAT days driving the #1 highway up and down the coast of Maine; before leaving Bangor yesterday I DID get the pictures of the Stephen King house~pretty cool, and very easy to find.

I'm now at a hotel in Belfast, ME right on Penobscot Bay; my room has a beautiful view of the Bay and I've spent several hours sitting out on the balcony enjoying it. Yesterday afternoon after I got here, and today, I spent driving the highway taking in the sites as I mentioned; stopping wherever I felt like it, to take pictures or visit some of the many interesting shops and little towns, and doing some wading in the Atlantic. Great fun!

OK, I am officially jellus. :whistling-1:

PM sent.

Lori, I just found out that my Sis (the one who had her job pulled out from under her last week!) is going to Maine Sept 3rd with some girlfriends!

If you have time, could you send me a list of must see's from your trip?!

She's going to Bangor and Portland, I know, but I forgot where else. Probably the same places you've been this week!

My SisIL lives in Cumberland right outside of Portland. It's beautiful up there, but when we were there a few years ago, we happened to hit an unusually rainy spell. Best lobster I've ever put in my mouth in Portland!

I'm glad you're having fun and no work stealing your vacation time!

Spent most of the day packing for our bike trip tomorrow. My legs are still sore from our ride on Sunday, so I hope once we start tomorrow they will loosen up. The weather looks pretty good. We may have thunderstorms on Thurs night, early Fri. morning. I love this ride every year, get to see old friends, and prove to my self that I can still ride 340 miles. I know age will catch up but hopefully not for at least thirty years, which will make me in my mid 80's. We had one rider who rode till he was 94 and died riding his bike. My husband always says he wants to go while he is riding up hill, I say no way, I am on the back of the bike and do not want to go at the same time.

I too love those JBT pictures. One of the concert that I was able to attend which I saw in Clio.

I've spent two GREAT days driving the #1 highway up and down the coast of Maine; before leaving Bangor yesterday I DID get the pictures of the Stephen King house~pretty cool, and very easy to find.

I'm now at a hotel in Belfast, ME right on Penobscot Bay; my room has a beautiful view of the Bay and I've spent several hours sitting out on the balcony enjoying it. Yesterday afternoon after I got here, and today, I spent driving the highway taking in the sites as I mentioned; stopping wherever I felt like it, to take pictures or visit some of the many interesting shops and little towns, and doing some wading in the Atlantic. Great fun!

OK, I am officially jellus. :whistling-1:

PM sent.

Thank you!!...and Yaaaaaayyyyy! Good choice, in my books.

Lori, I just found out that my Sis (the one who had her job pulled out from under her last week!) is going to Maine Sept 3rd with some girlfriends!

If you have time, could you send me a list of must see's from your trip?!

She's going to Bangor and Portland, I know, but I forgot where else. Probably the same places you've been this week!

My SisIL lives in Cumberland right outside of Portland. It's beautiful up there, but when we were there a few years ago, we happened to hit an unusually rainy spell. Best lobster I've ever put in my mouth in Portland!

I'm glad you're having fun and no work stealing your vacation time!

Will do, Cotton! How funny that she should be headed up this way as well!

Re the lobster....I laugh, because I'm SO not a seafood fan! Blechhh!! I've had no problem finding places to eat that serve other things as well~but for many people, that's 80% of the attraction. For me~not so much! :lol:

OK so how come I didn't know that Clay Aiken co-wrote The Way with the new Idol judge (whatever her name is). How did I miss that?

You missed it because it's (as far as is known publicly) not so.

Speculation is that the *coughjournalistcough* took the writer - can't remember her name (Kara!) - took the writer's words, that she co-wrote The Way FOR Clay Aiken and misquoted her saying that she co-wrote The Way WITH Clay Aiken.

The Way was written by

Steve Morales, Enrique Iglesias, Kara Dioguardi, David Siegel.

According to the liner notes.

:)

This was posted at CV yesterday:

QUOTE(ClayIzzaQT @ Aug 25 2008, 02:42 PM) *

In a Google Alert I received about the new judge on Idol, Kara DioGuardi, there was a quote from an interview she did. I found the bolded part of interest.

The Watcher

My History with the Show

My history with the show is that I’ve written a bunch of songs that have been performed and released by Idols. I co-wrote “Walk Away” from Kelly Clarkson and with Kelly Clarkson. I co-wrote the “Real Thing” for Bo Bice and actually won two BMI Awards they were extremely performed on the radio. I’ve written with Katherine McPhee and for Katherine McPhee on her record. Clay Aiken [and] I co-wrote “The Way.” Taylor Hicks. I’m probably leaving an Idol out. I’m sorry, which one would that be, I think that’s it.

The songwriters listed are:

Songwriters: Steve Morales; David Siegel; Kara Dioguardi; Enrique Iglesias

+

Kim

I have the CD in front of me and the songwriters are listed as: Steve Morales, Enrique Iglesias (maybe she got Clay and Enrique mixed up...hee!) her and David Siegel.

Or maybe she forgot who she wrote it with. If that's the case - she'll fit right in with Pauler.

The interesting thing will be if Clay's name is mentioned at all in conjunction with her songwriting for the Idols. AND if they have a night where just her songs are sung - what fool is going to attempt The Way! Of course thflyingpigs.gif

before they would probably consider letting Clay come on the show to sing the song.......

(I've been wanting to use that emoticon for the loooooongest time!)

Or maybe she forgot who she wrote it with. If that's the case - she'll fit right in with Pauler.

Iseeme BWAH! (and disturbingly feasible :unsure:)

Another day of vacation--one that started out with me on the phone with the corporate office of BigOTires, expressing my...er....displeasure that the words written in their warranty have proven to be subject to the interpretation of a local franchise. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that having a conversation like that is NOT a good way to begin a day that is supposed to be relaxing and enjoyable. <_<

We split up today---Hubby and Carrie went to Sea World; Alex and I visited Mission Beach, Pacific Beach and Ocean Beach---just checking out the beach scene, as it were. heh. Shopped a bit, rode a roller coaster (lame. What a lame roller coaster!) had a bite to eat and then, on a whim, stopped at a salon so Alex could get a haircut!

Chillin' now....but soon (I can feel it comin' ) I'm gonna have to grab Carrie and find a Coldstone Creamery somewhere....slurp!

Man....that was FUN watching "The Girl Is Mine"...I LOVE how Clay and Ruben sound together...their voices really, really complement each other. Speaking of Cluben duets...remember this?

AMA-Invisible-Superstar-Jesus Is Love

Ohhh Muski - thanks for posting that. I loved their duet. But I was sitting here chortling over Clay's white t-shirt! What a goober! That was a great night for him.......

SCARLETT - I see you down there....

*waves right back* Well I was trying to get semi-caught up before posting but now that I think of it, that's never stopped me before so why start now?

Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes for my aunt! We took her home yesterday evening and my cousins spent the rest of the time teasing her about her adventures in the ICU. She's back to her usual sweet self but apparently while she was in the ICU (when I wasn't here yet) she was very feisty and being a doctor herself was arguing with everyone, eg. huffily telling the nurses that "Dr. Chavez did not consult ME on that. I need to see her right now!"

I don't own a single coach bag but an officemate of mine told me that she got a very good bargain on one at some sekrit Neiman Marcus outlet store in Austin -- can look up the addy for anyone interested!

thchinese.jpg

I still prefer this one:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrletttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt - are you doing okay????
Doing fine and will be back on a regular high-speed connection tomorrow from that hotel in Macau where KAndre is going to leave a hotel key at the front desk for me, right? Right? *crickets*

Missing y'all and will write more soon. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BTW, the McMango frappe was to die for!!!

Awwww, I missed the JBT discussion -- can we start another one when we get back to Houston? But thanks for the yummy pictures, though!!!

Missed page 69 too! Pbbbbttttt!!!

Speaking of Cluben duets...remember this?

AMA-Invisible-Superstar-Jesus Is Love

Oh, my! I'd forgotten about JK and his "Spaghetti and Meatball of American Idol" introduction!!!

:lmaosmiley-1:

ETA:

I had also forgotten that that was one of the first of many cameraman circling Clay and his Glory-Note Amazing Feats of Breath Control!!!

Or Clay changed a word or two and she thought that's what songwriters do. Wonder which line is hers. MEOW. heee

So they will have 4 judges now or will they be getting rid of the ticking timebomb Paula. She's basically harmless but didn't she judge something that hadn't been performed yet last year?

So happy to hear from our world travelers...KAndre, Scarlett, FromClaygary and Muski.

I'm excited cuz I really get to go to Spam. It was sort of a work 30 hours on job 2 for 3 straight months and maybe we'll think about it pipe dream but I"m determined to go and I'll be able to cash in some miles for a free airline ticket..so that's part of the battle. I've always wanted to go to NYC during the holidays and I finally will. Hope we can have another party for closing night or set of parties along the way. Whooo hooooo.

I'm excited cuz I really get to go to Spam. It was sort of a work 30 hours on job 2 for 3 straight months and maybe we'll think about it pipe dream but I"m determined to go and I'll be able to cash in some miles for a free airline ticket..so that's part of the battle. I've always wanted to go to NYC during the holidays and I finally will. Hope we can have another party for closing night or set of parties along the way. Whooo hooooo.

Yay for couchie! You already have your own fitting emoticon :XmasRed:

Hey mods - verra cool email. I just ordered my pins. Thank you - and thanks to Cindilu for a great design.

Couchie - I'm so happy you get to go to Spam. I've always wanted to see NY during the holidays, too, but alas and alack it is not to be (at least this year)

Hey mods - verra cool email. I just ordered my pins. Thank you - and thanks to Cindilu for a great design.

Couchie - I'm so happy you get to go to Spam. I've always wanted to see NY during the holidays, too, but alas and alack it is not to be (at least this year)

thanks for letting me know you got it iseeme. I'm always a bit suprised when things work :cryingwlaughter:

so I just saw on the news it's going to be triple digits sooooon... I hate it because there is no air conditioning where I work and no air goes does my hallway. It's like a freakin' sauna. Hope we don't get that until the weekend. Will it be as hot where you are?

I felt like looking at a little

... one of my favorites songs from NAT.. I love the whole presentation including the band intros.