#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Cotton, thanks for sharing that email! Cute is right....OMG! Isn't September 19th Talk Like A Pirate Day? It must have special significance for Clay....he released a CD that day and now, he's re-joining Spam on the most auspicious of holidays. :D

Arrgh!

I love holidays.

Has anyone listened to S'Way lately?

I listened today.

Lordy! Beauty and Power personified in both songs!

I hadn't listened to Solitaire in ages and had forgotten the feeling of being totally blown away by that song!

And The Way! Just WOW!

Anna, guess who?!?!

I said hi to you in the meet and greet forum.

I sure hope you scrape up some money. What do you think about renting a car and we'll just sleep in it too :cryingwlaughter: No need to worry about a hotel!

Hi there!!! :thbighug-1:

Hey, we don't need to rent a car - we can sleep in my VUE! Gas to get there is more the i$$ue, but I think by January something will work out.

I've already started saving money. Knowing us we'll need to save money just to stock up on junk food for the trip! Soooo looking forward to U-turns....oh and seeing Sir Robin FINALLY!!!!!

I LURVES JBT Clay! And I agree with Gibby that aside from the pants, alot of it was attitude! He was channeling Elvis like no other has!!! And it was so much fun to see Clay breaking out of his norm and doing Elvis, Ricky Martin, R&B, etc. BUT....and I think this is someone else on the board's favorite as well - Clay's harmony on Black Velvet will go down as one of my all-time favorite, favorite moments!!! He just flat-out wailed on it and I've nearly worn out download listening to it. Can you wear out downloads?

Scarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrletttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt - are you doing okay???? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Iseeme... I LOVES Black Velvet soooo much, too! Not only did Clay wail good (understatement of the year), but it was actually the best song I ever heard Angie sing. A stunning combo fo' sure!

Spent most of the day packing for our bike trip tomorrow. My legs are still sore from our ride on Sunday, so I hope once we start tomorrow they will loosen up. The weather looks pretty good. We may have thunderstorms on Thurs night, early Fri. morning. I love this ride every year, get to see old friends, and prove to my self that I can still ride 340 miles. I know age will catch up but hopefully not for at least thirty years, which will make me in my mid 80's. We had one rider who rode till he was 94 and died riding his bike. My husband always says he wants to go while he is riding up hill, I say no way, I am on the back of the bike and do not want to go at the same time.

I too love those JBT pictures. One of the concert that I was able to attend which I saw in Clio.

gbm... BWAH!!! Don't blame you a bit for that sentiment! (see bolding above)

Hey mods - verra cool email. I just ordered my pins. Thank you - and thanks to Cindilu for a great design.

Couchie - I'm so happy you get to go to Spam. I've always wanted to see NY during the holidays, too, but alas and alack it is not to be (at least this year)

thanks for letting me know you got it iseeme. I'm always a bit suprised when things work :cryingwlaughter:

so I just saw on the news it's going to be triple digits sooooon... I hate it because there is no air conditioning where I work and no air goes does my hallway. It's like a freakin' sauna. Hope we don't get that until the weekend. Will it be as hot where you are?

I felt like looking at a little

... one of my favorites songs from NAT.. I love the whole presentation including the band intros.

couchie... Rosanna is one of my favorites, too, tho I like the one where he is wearing the blue shirt/grey striped pants better for vocals, but that outfit of the maroon long coat was to die for!!!

KAndre... you are sooo brave to go to China alone and even smarter than you are brave to think of going to the consulate for translation! All those wiggly things in that market... UGH!!! tho, I'd have looked, too.

cotton... I LOVE that Spamalot ad. I sure hope he can deliver the bodies into the seats. I know many are not going cause they went before, but I'm hoping that word of mouth will bring enough curious NJU people in to make up for the Clay fans who do not flock like they did last time.

Quick replies since I'm up and looking forward to Macau (especially if a particular short person actually remembers what hotel I booked)

We should be home Sunday unless the weather or the FAA messes up...and KarenEh hits it on the head for me - the middle class seems nonexistent here - it's just weird to me. And the amount of manual labor is staggering - so much being transported by hand or really ancient bicycle. And the drivers are BEYOND scary - my taxi guys have much more faith in brakes than I ever could.

As for the cat in the chicken picture - he wasn't in a cage, he was observing all his subjects. And there had to be about 5 other cats lying around sleeping in the doorway. I think that poultry lady really just liked cats. And I'm afraid those were snakes - I didn't see any worms and the eels looked different. The scorpions were the worst - I can sorta imagine eating snake - like alligator with legs - but I can't convince myself scorpions aren't gonna poison your ass as soon as you stick it in your mouth.

I'm glad I came, but in my heart of hearts I think I'm more of a Hong Kong girl.

Traveling by myself in this day and age just seems so simple - between the Internet and my cell, my accessibility seems to be about the same and emergencies don't really crop up all that often.

Oh Happy Day! My freezer is fixed.

Same repairman that came out Monday only this time he actually took the freezer apart and it turns out the coils were clogged and he had to empty out all the freon, clean everything up and put back together.

Why he didn't do this on Monday, I have no idea, would have saved me a lot of aggravation.

Welcome to all the newbies and lurkers!

Off to make dinner.

Kim

I LOVE that Spamalot ad. I sure hope he can deliver the bodies into the seats. I know many are not going cause they went before, but I'm hoping that word of mouth will bring enough curious NJU people in to make up for the Clay fans who do not flock like they did last time.

I wouldn't write off flocking Clay fans so quickly, LOL. We see it every time (and yes, I am comparing it to concerts as well)....some fans think they can live without it until the initial cellcerts/reports/photos/clack and then all of sudden, there is a surge on ticket sales and people who couldn't make it somehow find a way. I may be wrong this time around, but I don't think so. I realize that this doesn't apply to everyone, and some people just really can't do it, but I think many will change their minds after Sept. 19th.

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just put up a "Special Edition" blog about the FCA Spamalot pins. I hope you will drop by Carolina On My Mind and leave a comment (see below). Also, please share this info with other boards since Aug. 29 is only two days away.

Take a look at the SPOTLIGHT BLOGS in the sidebar. Many of us have been involved in posting multiple entries and leaving lots of comments to help drive the Clay Blogs higher in Google searches. These are comments for Clay, not us. :wub:

My previous blog was only in its second day (I usually blog every three days), and I hope you check it out, too. Aiken Artists Use Their Voice features many fan montages in the political and humanitarian arenas that utilize OMWH songs.

Couch Tomato and cindilu2, let me know if I need to change anything in the Special Edition entry. I am off to ping it with Technorati. I imagine it's already on the Google page for Clay Aiken under blogs.

ETA: I just checked, and the FCA Pin blog is right under the ugly batch at the top. See Google.

Have a great evening, all! :hello:

Caro listen.gif

Um. Pkmiller, some of us believe honest journalists and reporters without agendas are a bit more rarer than dodo birds. There may be some out there, but for the most part, I have not encountered them. So, while it may be good advice, many will do just the opposite.

My daughter is fond of saying...Journalists are the new Lawyers. :cryingwlaughter:

I realized I many have insulted some people with family members who are reporters, but it doesn't count if they have not crossed my radar.

S'okay. Her brother is one and she says it to him all the time. *g*

I won't repeat a recount of my 2+ years at the center of a local news story experience. Suffice it to say that it killed any remaining faith I had in the collective media and their desire to do anything for the "Public Good."

Got my e-mail and it didn't even hit my spam folder!!!

couchie - the ordering was so easy!! Thanks for making it that way!!

cindilu - love the pins - they look great!

and let me second merrieeee with a BIG ME TOO!!!

K'Andre and Scarlett - love your trip re-caps and pics - thanks and keep 'em comin'!!!

And thanks to all who posted pics today... what a nice place to be... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I LOVE that Spamalot ad. I sure hope he can deliver the bodies into the seats. I know many are not going cause they went before, but I'm hoping that word of mouth will bring enough curious NJU people in to make up for the Clay fans who do not flock like they did last time.

I wouldn't write off flocking Clay fans so quickly, LOL. We see it every time (and yes, I am comparing it to concerts as well)....some fans think they can live without it until the initial cellcerts/reports/photos/clack and then all of sudden, there is a surge on ticket sales and people who couldn't make it somehow find a way. I may be wrong this time around, but I don't think so. I realize that this doesn't apply to everyone, and some people just really can't do it, but I think many will change their minds after Sept. 19th.

Yeah, that ^ ^ ^. AND I also do not believe for a minute it was only *us* filling those seats every night. Opening/Closing weekends - sure - and even then we were still not the majority by any stretch. Not in the balcony anyway. Heh. I think Spam proved rather effectively that Clay just needs to get himself out there, and be promoted properly, and people will come. He's intriguing at the very least, and people want to know about him. They just have to know he's there. Will the average Joe (or Jane) plan a vacation around Spamalot because they hear he's in it? Doubtful - but then I wouldn't do that for any other entertainer either. But if I was looking for a show to see in NYC and saw his name attached...

I only briefly stuck my head out there in the world (and I do mean briefly) and instantly felt my fingers itching to type those two little words again.

(that would be 'needy fuckers', in case you were wondering)

I simply do not, and will never, understand why people can't just enjoy what's good, and often great, about this man and what he brings to us and just let the rest go. He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!

So my little tomboy, Carrie, got her ears pierced today AND got a new hairstyle--bangs and layered around her face--still long, but styled and she looks awesome. And we got her a really cute black and white print (big flowers kinda) sundress to wear to her cousin's wedding Sunday (the one that Alex is a bridesmaid in, wearing a long black satin STRAPLESS gown and looking way too mature and gorgeous.... :unsure:)...

My girls are growing up! :huh::crying1:

This is our last night in San Diego---heading to Long Beach tomorrow and will do the Wild Animal Park in Escondido on the way...Hubby went to a Padres baseball game at Petco park by himself while the girls and I shopped today. I think he enjoyed being off by himself. I know I would. :whistling-1:

KAndre, my hat's off to you---going off by yourself into unchartered territory. Actually, it's the kind of traveling I like to do, too. I'd love to be a fly following you around and seeing/hearing the locals interacting with you! :hysterical:

Ah....Spamalot and Clay in NYC...well....hmmm....You see....uh....I'm hoping to catch the closing weekend show(s) if I'm lucky. Trying to work in a business trip to Rhode Island right afterwards in order to make the $$$ halfway possible. Maybe if work pays for my airfare to/from RI, I can swing the travel from NYC to RI and then can use some hotel points for a place in NYC? :lilredani: I'll make that trip my Christmas present from my family. :clapping:

maybe :unsure:

Well. that would be true if there were different lines added, the same thing, well, I don't think I will do 18 shows this time, 10 should be more than enough.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Hello, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just put up a "Special Edition" blog about the FCA Spamalot pins. I hope you will drop by Carolina On My Mind and leave a comment (see below). Also, please share this info with other boards since Aug. 29 is only two days away.

Hey Caro...thanks for being an FCA Ambassador. Just FYI, there will be pins available to order after August 29th.... by then we will just be able to place our order based on what has been ordered. So if by Friday we have 150 ordered we'll purchase 200 and then sell them until they run out.

FCA, feel free to have me hold out pins for you if you need time..just PM me.

I feel Clay has been put on an impossible pedestal and is being held to a ridiculously high standard. Who among us are exactly the same as we were 1 year ago, let alone 3 or 5 or 10. People should be allowed to grow, change, find themselves or they will just DIE. And that's the bottom line. He's a pop star and a man, not a messiah.

And you know what? More and more I don't think most of the people posting that kind of crap even mean it. They just seem to get some kind of kick out of stirring up shit. Whatever. I am so done trying to convince people that he's 'worthy' of their fandom. Don't like what he's doing (or in some case who he's doing it with)? That's their loss.

Who among us are exactly the same as we were 1 year ago, let alone 3 or 5 or 10.

Now you speak for yourself girlie! As for me I am exactly the same as I was 10 years ago....yep same age, same good looks and weight!!! :lmaosmiley-1:

I love the Spam ad! Thanks for posting it.

I also love that the Spamalot PTB really seem to trust that Clay can fill those seats!

Broadway sure seems to like the Claymates and has no hesitation in inviting us all back.

I hope he gets tons of publicity too.

I also hope that the crowds and noise and Clay love in Shubert Alley is even more apparent than during his first Sir Robin run.

I am very excited. :)

People should be allowed to grow, change, find themselves

Often at the same time...

allforone_claypart-new.gif

Thread title poll at the top of the page!!!!!

I personally like that not as many diehard Clay fans seem to be going to Spam this time. I think he'll surprise more of the "not just us" (I hate that term) people out there. JMO of course.

Do I even want to know what's going on in the Claynation?

Never mind, I found a delightful ex-pat in the Starbucks at the Guangzhou train station - I let him buy me a mango passionfruit frappe and he was sad that I'm taking a different train to HK than him. He thought I was brilliant. Heh.

Talk to y'all in Macau!