#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Lotus, I've often wondered how all the 'news' hounds can deliver their judgmental words about some politician or entertainment celebrity's latest 'scandal' without being struck by lightening. Nobody in this world is exempt from imperfection, so the finger-pointing and 'shame on you' tone that accompanies the invasion of a public figure's private life is the height of hypocrisy, isn't it?

Nobody in this world is exempt from imperfection, so the finger-pointing and 'shame on you' tone that accompanies the invasion of a public figure's private life is the height of hypocrisy, isn't it?

Yep. This applies to more than just news media, IMO.

Lotus, I've often wondered how all the 'news' hounds can deliver their judgmental words about some politician or entertainment celebrity's latest 'scandal' without being struck by lightening. Nobody in this world is exempt from imperfection, so the finger-pointing and 'shame on you' tone that accompanies the invasion of a public figure's private life is the height of hypocrisy, isn't it?

But it happens to news media people too. I'm not a fan, but Bill O'Reilly has had his own sex scandal -- and it was dutifully reported by the media. What about Pat O'Brien, from The Insider? Good God, that was all over the media for a long time too -- so much so that when VH1 did "I Love 2005," that segment took up a good five minutes.

To me, it's simply -- "sex scandals sell." IMO, our society seems to thrive on this kind of curiosity. And, in a way, almost everyone is "fair game."

bottlecap, thank you for the reminder on the shoes. I had forgotten about those other appearances with those shoes!

ETA: People.com has a picture in Star Tracks, number 4 of 16 for today...

FATHER'S DAY

Proud papa Clay Aiken carries son Parker Foster Aiken out of the Durham Regional Hospital in North Carolina on Monday – with mother Jaymes Foster (not pictured) following right behind. The parents welcomed their son on Aug. 8.

OMFG! Totally non-clay/baby related - but I think I've finally found out what's wrong with my freakin' shoulder! I think I have the very professionally sounding "frozen shoulder" - my office manager commented on my wincing in pain during my review, described my freakin' symptoms to a T- I went and looked it up. Damn. I wish I had found this like 3 freakin' months ago. Because I think my chiropractic and massage therapist have managed to make it worse. But maybe I'll be able to mount carousel horses in Hong Kong!

I wonder if Clay, Jaymes and Parker are just slept together in a big exhausted pile once they got home? I think that's the one thing I did where I totally ignored my doctors and just did what my grandmother told me...I don't think Paul actually slept in his crib until after I went back to school...
What a nice picture that would make!!! (totally ignored advice on that too, babies like big beds!)

I think I gained 18 pounds total with my 7 lb 9 oz baby! :laugh2:

I weighed 127 lbs when they checked me into the hospital.

And maternity clothes? Fahgetaboutit. They didn't make them to fit me.

I tried on the smallest size they had in my neighboring "larger town" and that was a 10. Bwah! A TENT!!!

So - my sewing machine and I got a workout. I sewed maternity panels into my jeans and bought lots of smock tops that were, thankfully, in vogue at the time! People didn't even see I was pregnant until I was about 7 1/2 months!

I know what you mean -- worked hard to make 127 and on did it only on the 3rd one because I was made to snack on one of those powdered nutrition drinks by the spoonful. Actually wore part of a maternity outfit at the Houston NAT and I still wear it once in a while -- no one's every noticed.

But maybe I'll be able to mount carousel horses in Hong Kong!
We don't do the "brass ring" thing over there so it'll be easier; that's something I learned only this summer after years of riding carousels... oh, and the carousel horses in Asia will be closer to the ground. Hee!

Speaking of HK, can we move to a hotel on the Hong Kong side? Tsimshatsui is something to visit once but not live in -- it's like staying at the Galleria here in Houston. I can make a reservation (for once :P).

KAndre makes a note in the eHP diary - Scarlett does the hotel in Hong Kong! Make sure to tell PerusingOne...

Go ahead, chick - I can cancel the current one with no problem - but the Galleria thing explains the nice website! What side is Tsinshatsui on? Where the hell is Tsimshatsui? Can you do it for the 30th too? Or do you wanna stick with the Charterhouse or the Ramada Hong Kong? I think they're in Hong Kong. Of course, I have no real idea.

At least we're consistent with our travel planning skilz!

[ETA: People.com has a picture in Star Tracks, number 4 of 16 for today...

FATHER'S DAY

Proud papa Clay Aiken carries son Parker Foster Aiken out of the Durham Regional Hospital in North Carolina on Monday – with mother Jaymes Foster (not pictured) following right behind. The parents welcomed their son on Aug. 8.

It's now Number 1 of 16. :)

You know, it's cool that Clay and Parker's pic is being respectfully displayed (re: the text that accompanies it)...but man, that is NOT a flattering pic of Daddy Clayton! :cryingwlaughter: He has no obligation to look purdy for the cameras, of course, since this is a paparazzi shot...he didn't invite them to take his picture and I'm sure how he looks is the very last thing on his mind as he carries his tiny son to the car. Just kinda reacted to the pic the way I did to the Jenna Bush one! :rolleyes:

like...whoa! Clay! Honey! :cryingwlaughter:

We won't talk, however, about any candid shots of me that might get passed around. <_<

And I MEAN it! :angry:

:hysterical:

ETA: Then I saw this about how the Chinese decided to have a little girl lip synch the national anthem because the real singer isn't as photogenic and has crooked teeth. Olympic Lip Synching

God.

It seems like everytime there is a candid shots they pick the worst one to post. I could care less, but you know many people will comment how "ugly" he is. I do not feel this way, I personally think he is very handsome, but the Jenna Bush picture did not do him any favors.

It seems this year I am always heading out somewhere. For the next two days I am painting turn arrows on the rode for our bike trip over Labor Day weekend. That is two days, probably twelve hour days, in and out of the van at every turn for about 500 miles. Last year my legs were sore from stepping up into the van all the time.

As much as I want him to have his privacy, I really would like one picture of Parker.

I know some people think Clay doesn't look good in the going home pic - here's what I posted at CV about it.

Hmm. I don't really see Clay looking "fierce" or "serious". I just see the BRIGHT SUN shining blindingly in his face!! And - nothing to darken his pale lashes or his pale, freckled skin.

JMO

Haircut? I think the hair looks very groomed - not like he hasn't had a cut in recent weeks at all? Just longer.

I sometimes think Clay . . .

1) has always gotten easily bored and changes his look frequently.

2) has in recent years changed his look to stay ahead of anyone trying to either scope him out - or trying to look like him (FC and all that)

JMO.

Keep 'em guessing! hee

Mostly, I just think his hair grows fast and he's getting a little gray (just like my DS) and since hair grows, it's never going to be the same. And since he may be coloring his hair due to the gray, he can pick (or Jamie) whatever color strikes his fancy.

And -

KNOXVILLE?!

What that a year ago today??!!!!

If so . . .

I met Clay one year ago today!

:whistling-1:

I thought it was so funny that it took a few of us to notice the bare Clay belly because we were all so focused on getting at least a little peep of Parker. However, after that we decided to look much closer at the new daddy and see that he is still showing us some naked belly and I am one happy Claymate!!!

I am so happy for Clay and Jaymes that I feel weepy at times when I listen to OMWH. It makes me so very joyful that Clay now has the child he has longed for. Thank you Jaymes and may God hold all of you in the palm of His hand.

I sure hope that mom and dad share some pics of their bundle of joy! :5: Remember daddy Clay, no flashes!!!!!

The people who talk about how ugly clay is say it about the most beautiful of pictures. I like the picture..although sun in the eye could be the explanation..I was thinking he spotted the paparazzi. Sun is the simplest and probably accurate explanation. Clay's pretty photogenic so fortunately I can't think of many unattractive photos out there that are constantly used. It's amazing how the most beautiful of people/stars can look downright unattractive at times in a picture. I actually hide when the cameras come out so don't know how they stand it or deal with it.

ETA cuz SON in the eye is not the same as SUN in the eye LOL.

this is my monday ugh!

You know my brain can only hold so much Clay facts so I never really paid much attention to Jaymes like info :cryingwlaughter: But which song is the one they both liked and that's how he chose her to be producer. Is that ALAWH. And does any of the current songs have any significance that he has mentioned? I just don't remember. The Real Me, I thought he said was about God but she thought it was something else?

Ehh, it was only a matter of time 'til it came around to Clay's looks again - it always does. I just figure anybody who can look at a photo of man carrying his newborn son out of a hospital and find anything 'ugly' in it is just pathetic. What do you want to bet he'd been awake a goodly portion of the previous 72 hours or so? Beautiful is as beautiful does.

dadrocks.png

ETA: couchie, yes, it was ALAWH that they both zeroed in on before meeting (which is why I still wonder why the media keeps saying they met while he was on AI - when he said he heard the song while listening to demos on his way to Indonesia. It even says it on the 'News' blurb on the main page of OFC -you know the place that's supposed to know everything :-P ).

nobody called him the creature from the black lagoon. Looks, hair, size of feet - always fair game discussion.

Didn't say anybody called him a creature - I said 'ugly'. Didn't condemn any discussion of it, just stated my opinion on it. Maybe I should've put Bookwhore's disclaimer up there. *g*

The people who talk about how ugly clay is say it about the most beautiful of pictures. I like the picture..although sun in the eye could be the explanation..I was thinking he spotted the paparazzi. Sun is the simplest and probably accurate explanation. Clay's pretty photogenic so fortunately I can't think of many unattractive photos out there that are constantly used. It's amazing how the most beautiful of people/stars can look downright unattractive at times in a picture. I actually hide when the cameras come out so don't know how they stand it or deal with it.

ETA cuz SON in the eye is not the same as SUN in the eye LOL.

this is my monday ugh!

I see both - sun in his eyes and son in his eyes.

:dadrocks:

Just to clarify I do not think he is "Ugly". I really love most pictures of him. I was stating what some comments that are left on news sites whenever he has a picture up. I disagree with them, but I think ever since Simon got away with calling him that people feel that they can give the same opinion. Whenever I have seen him in concert or the handshake line, it amazes me how handsome he really is.

which is why I still wonder why the media keeps saying they met while he was on AI

I think someone here touched on this the other day -- was it Cotton? I think there is a very real possibility that they "met" when Clay was on AI. As in..

"Hi, I'm Clay, nicetomeetyou."

"Hi, I'm Jaymes, good to meet you."

Both together "See ya."

But then, they "met-met" when he was looking for a producer, and they both ended up with ALAWH. So, in many ways, that could possibly be the official meeting.

Just talking out of my ass though...

When I look at those pictures from yesterday...I see a fairly handsome man, who looks a bit ragged because his son was just born!

And you know what? When I see the Jenna Bush pictures...I see a guy who was trying to pull it all together appearance wise. I really don't think it was as bad as many took it to be. In my case -- I know I'm just not that shallow about him, and I appreciate that he was appearing at a place where his presence should be to draw attention to the cause (the book) rather than himself.

*shrug*

Do I love it when he's all hawt and sexy (such as, IMO, the 2006 AMA's)? Sure. But his core is still there, even when he's not totally together with his looks. He's Clay. And I love him, regardless of his looks.

Happy 4th day of life Parker!

nobody called him the creature from the black lagoon. Looks, hair, size of feet - always fair game discussion.

Didn't say anybody called him a creature - I said 'ugly'. Didn't condemn any discussion of it, just stated my opinion on it. Maybe I should've put Bookwhore's disclaimer up there. *g*

yeah, that would have helped :cryingwlaughter:

And don't you *g* me. You know I ain't falling for that.

I think fan pictures mostly capture clay doing what he does best and feels most comfortable. Their camera settings are perfect and they don't perhaps show you every single shot but the best of the best. I don't think paparazzi people care that much..Clay is Clay to them. One picture is the same as the next. They aren't going to throw away a bunch of photos cuz Clay has on an ugly shirt or his hair isn't just so.