#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

And I love the man...and tend to think he looks fairly average about 70% - amazingly like most headed for 30 dudes. He can look really handsome - but most of the time he just doesn't to me. For me, most guys aren't handsome...they's just OK looking. And the People just looks like regular ol' Clay to me.

And I love the man...and tend to think he looks fairly average about 70% - amazingly like most headed for 30 dudes. He can look really handsome - but most of the time he just doesn't to me. For me, most guys aren't handsome...they's just OK looking. And the People just looks like regular ol' Clay to me.

What a beautiful world it would be if most guys looked like "regular 'ol Clay"! :wub:

cha cha :bday2:

Yep, ladyj! I'm surprised you remembered - it was like the next to last post in the last thread, so most probably didn't see it.

Thanks for remembering!

I bet Clay's hair changes almost as frequently as a baby's facial expression changes!!!

I was thinking about the Clay and Jaymes "met" this morning on my drive to work.

I think he said they "met" and each brought the same song.

But that could have been that they "MET", as is - had a meeting.

Not "MET", as in - were introduced for the first time.

So maybe they DID meet during AI. As in - were introduced.

But didn't really get to know each other until they "MET" to see if she would work as his EP and he "threw a CD across the room"!

*g*

I've also been thinking about Clay and Jaymes and the apparent non-traditional family.

One of the things that has always impressed and amazed me about CA is that he just doesn't seem to look at people the same way most people do. I don't know how that happened, but he seems not to filter people through the "look" filter that I do. He doesn't appear to judge people on the way they dress, their weight, their style - or - their age.

So he may see Jaymes in an entirely different light than other people do. He may not have even been really aware of her "age" - except in some peripheral, experience, knowledge kind of way.

So - their relationship, friendship may not have initially even had age as any kind of quantifier. Does that make sense?

I'm sure that as they grew closer, the age factor was discussed - maybe at Jaymes' urging. We will probably never know.

I think he's a very unusual man.

[/understatement] hee

Cotton..I so agree with you. As the media and us tore into the claymates for their age, weight, and other things....I always noticed that in concert Clay would choose people to dance with, to chat with, to tease, and it was never based on being a PYT. And so I totall agree with you about Jaymes and her age and how Clay may look at her. As my cousin Clayton used to say..it's a beautiful thang. And pretty rare I think. I know I try to be that way but am not successful half the time.

Ehh, it was only a matter of time 'til it came around to Clay's looks again - it always does. I just figure anybody who can look at a photo of man carrying his newborn son out of a hospital and find anything 'ugly' in it is just pathetic. What do you want to bet he'd been awake a goodly portion of the previous 72 hours or so? Beautiful is as beautiful does.

Good grief.

Maybe somebody actually used the word "ugly"? That was rather rude. "Unflattering"? You betcha--IMO. Is it a 'beautiful' picture of Clay? Well, of course the subject matter is one of beauty. But the picture itself? Not IMO. It's not an attractive representation of Clay---of the physical Clay---IMO. I do believe that.

Am I pathetic?

Hell no.

Was your post judgmental and condescending?

You betcha.

Regular guy is good. Very good, actually. But I do agree that Clay is unusual in many ways. For one, many people who have tough childhoods grow up living the negative behavior patterns they grew up with. Clay seems to have consciously chosen the positive, or the opposite patterns. He's said so, and it shows. And, yes, his filters seem to be different than that of popular culture. But beyond that he does both fit and "regular guy" and the "unusual" descriptions equally well. Plus "regular guy" and "hott guy" - they both work for me!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people see the outside looks, others see the inside and think they are seeing the outside.

Grey hair and Clay? Sho knows - look at my sister and myself. She turned grey in her 20's, I still don't dye my hair and people have seen me and know the color of my hair in my spring chicken years. Although I want some blonde high lights, so I was thinking of doing it tonight.

I don't like to use *g* because for some people,it has become a way of saying something nasty and hide under the *g*. I don't think that everyone who uses it is really joking. I understand the majority are using in sincerity, it is just past the point of usefulness for me though, personal choice. I will use an emoticon (if I can get them to work again) or write out heh, heh. SInce people don't know when I am kidding, that approach doesn't seem to be working all that well! (ETA thinking of one person in particular who does not post here)

Words mean different things to different people - When a word means nothingto one person, they might not realize how it affects others. take it from someone who gets into trouble with their own family all the time, heh.

He must not have let his apt go in NYC!!!

Clay's going back to SPAM!!!

Clay Aiken returning to Broadway

'American Idol' vet to reprise 'Spamalot' role

By GORDON COX

More Articles:

Claymates, get ready to head back to Broadway: "American Idol" alum Clay Aiken returns to the Rialto production of "Monty Python's Spamalot" this fall in a four-month stint.

Aiken will reprise the role of Sir Robin, which he played earlier this year in an engagement that ended May 4. David Hyde Pierce originated the part in the 2005 tuner, based on the 1975 film "Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

Aiken is one of several reality TV stars who have made their way to Broadway, along with Fantasia Barrino ("The Color Purple") and Taylor Hicks ("Grease").

His previous run in "Spamalot" had a noticeable effect on box office. Weekly sales for the tuner surged the week Aiken joined the cast and took a steep tumble the frame after he departed.

Aiken returns to "Spamalot" Sept. 19-Jan. 4.

You know, it's cool that Clay and Parker's pic is being respectfully displayed (re: the text that accompanies it)...but man, that is NOT a flattering pic of Daddy Clayton! :cryingwlaughter: He has no obligation to look purdy for the cameras, of course, since this is a paparazzi shot...he didn't invite them to take his picture and I'm sure how he looks is the very last thing on his mind as he carries his tiny son to the car. Just kinda reacted to the pic the way I did to the Jenna Bush one! :rolleyes:

like...whoa! Clay! Honey! :cryingwlaughter:

We won't talk, however, about any candid shots of me that might get passed around. <_<

And I MEAN it! :angry:

:hysterical:

ETA: Then I saw this about how the Chinese decided to have a little girl lip synch the national anthem because the real singer isn't as photogenic and has crooked teeth. Olympic Lip Synching

God.

But see, the whole post here is just kind of flipping back and forth- from "Clay doesn't look so great in this picture and I have no problem commenting on it" to "but no one better comment negatively on my looks" (however "tongue in cheek this may have been"), and finally to "but look at this story about the poor little "ugly" child they wouldn't allow on tv". Can't speak for cindilu of course, and her post reacting to the inevitable criticism of his looks that always seems to crop up, but for me- someone who has never been/will never be considered "good looking", it always bothers me to hear outright criticism of Clay's looks. When you have had to live with others- often total strangers- constantly critiquing something as personal as your physical appearance, and often times judging you as a person because of how you look- it can be a very painful thing. Some can develop a thick skin- but for others, the hurt lingers. For me, it lingers- and it extends to the people I love as well. If someone made a negative comment about my son's looks, it would hurt me.

[i see both - sun in his eyes and son in his eyes.

:dadrocks:

AWWWWW I like that! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Whoa- yeah for Clay back in Spam!!!!!!! I was thinking I wasn't going to be able to see him again this year! I'm all ready to go back to NY!!!

Ah, too bad, I was kind of wishing for White Christmas.

I guess the venues didn't work out so well and this does allow for a stable life, if not in North Carolina.

I do have to say the box office has dropped a bit. I have been monuitoring it and the average ticket price dropped, the attendence is just down a little, but repective to how other shows are doing, it has dropped a lot. It was usually about 8th in gross while Clay was there, now it is usually between 16 and 20, summer time usually being a good time and, respectively the cold weather after the strike, Spamalot did pretty darn good while Clay was there.

Well, I guess I should clean up my house a bit should anyone want to save a bit of money. I do spend some of September and October at the beach, it is nice and quiet then and the remodeling should be done, I hope.

Well, unless I win the lottery, I won't be seeing Clay in Spamalot, but good for him...such an honor to be asked back. Bet he will be planning a tour in the Spring.

After being with a newborn, he will sure have that pooping in your pants bit down!, LOL!

Kim

Gosh [tm King Arthur].

Not what I was expecting at all.

I LOVE IT!

I'm doubting if I'll get to go though. I need to talk to hubby about this...plus plan around my work schedules....plus the Disney World trip in early November...

*sigh*

Well, at least I can say I've seen it. *g*

After being with a newborn, he will sure have that pooping in your pants bit down!, LOL!

BWAH aikim!

ETA:

broadway.com

Clay Aiken Headed Back to Broadway

Clay Aiken Headed Back to Broadway in Spamalot

by Broadway.com Staff

Clay Aiken will return to the Broadway company of Spamalot this fall as Sir Robin, a role he played for three and a half months earlier this year. Aiken will rejoin Spamalot on September 19 and remain through January 4, 20090.

"Since leaving Spamlot in May, jokes have just not been funny," Aiken said in a statement. "Food has lost its taste. The grass is no longer green—the sky no longer blue. And babies WON'T stop crying!! I'm so excited about coming back to the funniest show in the world!" The "babies" reference presumably refers to Aiken's newest real-life role, as father to newborn son Parker Foster Aiken, born on August 8 to the singer and his friend Jaymes Foster.

The second season runner-up on American Idol, Aiken released his fourth album, On My Way Here, just after leaving Spamalot. The CD debuted in Billboard's Top 5, continuing Aiken's streak of all four of his albums having debuted in the Top 5.

Directed by Mike Nichols, Spamalot has a book by Eric Idle and music by Idle and John Du Prez. The cast currently includes Stephen Collins as King Arthur, Marin Mazzie as the Lady of the Lake and Drew Lachey as Patsy.

Holy moly!!!

I guess I need to modify this to.... dadrocks.png My Dad soils his pants, too!

Clay got more respect for this than just about anything he's done since AI. No wonder he's pleased to go back. And a stable place to 'work' for the first few months of Parker's life is just perfect!

I am not sure how I'll get back there, but if it's at all doable, I will be!!!

Hee - and uhhh.... I'll take a little salt and some ketchup for all those hats I'll be eating about the Christmas tour. D101!!

I’m sorta opposite. I think Clay looks handsome most of the time, but occasionally I have to go “what the hell?” These pics (except for the one where he’s smiling into the car) are definitely not his best. Jenna Bush pics? Eeek. Not good.

I don’t actually think anyone here used the word “ugly” in connection with Clay.

I use <g> because I’ve had emoticon use (and post whoring) trained out of me by my early years on the net. <g> (fer real) If I’m being a bitch, I’ll just be a bitch – don’t feel the need to hide behind a <g>.

You know, it's cool that Clay and Parker's pic is being respectfully displayed (re: the text that accompanies it)...but man, that is NOT a flattering pic of Daddy Clayton! :cryingwlaughter: He has no obligation to look purdy for the cameras, of course, since this is a paparazzi shot...he didn't invite them to take his picture and I'm sure how he looks is the very last thing on his mind as he carries his tiny son to the car. Just kinda reacted to the pic the way I did to the Jenna Bush one! :rolleyes:

But see, the whole post here is just kind of flipping back and forth- from "Clay doesn't look so great in this picture and I have no problem commenting on it" to "but no one better comment negatively on my looks" (however "tongue in cheek this may have been"), and finally to "but look at this story about the poor little "ugly" child they wouldn't allow on tv". Can't speak for cindilu of course, and her post reacting to the inevitable criticism of his looks that always seems to crop up, but for me- someone who has never been/will never be considered "good looking", it always bothers me to hear outright criticism of Clay's looks.

Distinctions are important, I think. Take a look again at what Muski wrote that you bolded – she said it wasn’t a flattering PICTURE of Clay. Since HE is a famous person, I think it’s a valid comment. That said, the Chinese actually called the child not attractive enough (not sure they actually used the word ugly either) - not just a given picture or photo, the actual child. Minor but important distinction, IMO. I think Muski may be the LAST person to actually call Clay ugly (which I still don’t remember anyone here actually saying), particularly considering her, um, fascination with most of his anatomy. <g>

Hell, I’ve never taken a good picture in my life, so Clay’s way ahead of me.

Oh man, Spamalot? I'm trying to save for Europe, dammit!

I should have quoted the actual post I was responding to. That is my bad, and I apologize.

It seems like everytime there is a candid shots they pick the worst one to post. I could care less, but you know many people will comment how "ugly" he is. I do not feel this way, I personally think he is very handsome, but the Jenna Bush picture did not do him any favors.

<snip>

to which I replied:

Ehh, it was only a matter of time 'til it came around to Clay's looks again - it always does. I just figure anybody who can look at a photo of man carrying his newborn son out of a hospital and find anything 'ugly' in it is just pathetic. What do you want to bet he'd been awake a goodly portion of the previous 72 hours or so? Beautiful is as beautiful does.

And what I meant, is what I wrote - nothing more or less.