#39: "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• New car...See Clay in Spamalot...New car...See Clay in Spamalot..
    • Clay makes spending money on him so enjoyably easy ... and irresistible.
    • I am still here and I still adore this man and have no idea why.
    • Clickables and lickables!!!!!!!!! Life is good again.
    • He's this wonderful mystery. With a great package.
    • WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    • With Clay Aiken we've already won the Lotto!
    • Never boring. Always expensive. And worth every cent!
    • He simply makes me smile when I see him.
    • Its not that I don't have a life, its just that these Clay things are so much damn fun!

Whoa - Spamalot IS a surprise! But what's this about it returning to the Rialto. When did it leave the Shubert? But - no Christmas tour! That bit didn't surprise me at all since we hadn't heard anything about it yet.

I thought in the vid and in the stills from the vid that Clay looked like any man would look bringing a newborn home from the hospital. He probably hadn't had much sleep on Thursday night and then was too excited and bombarded by friends and family to sleep too well the next night, etc. etc. His hair and clothes were probably the last thing on his mind at that moment. I do love the way he's carrying Parker though. Clay has always looked comfortable with infants - remember the baby at the McDonald's gig? And he had a catheter bag hanging off his hand with that one....

Unless it's been verified that Jaymes did indeed have a caesarean - I highly doubt it the way she stood up from that wheelchair. Honestly - if you've ever had abdominal surgery, the act of getting up from a chair or bed without something to brace yourself - and THEN standing up straight - are very, very challenging!!! I had to roll on my side and use my feet and legs to push me up - could definitely NOT tighten my stomach muscles!!

Happy Birthday Cha Cha - and many more!!!

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee too, merrieeee! Regarding Spamalot, I think the weekly revenues have been running about $200,000 under what they were during Clay's run. I hope they are upping Clay's salary by at least an extra 50 grand a week.

Ehh, it was only a matter of time 'til it came around to Clay's looks again - it always does. I just figure anybody who can look at a photo of man carrying his newborn son out of a hospital and find anything 'ugly' in it is just pathetic. What do you want to bet he'd been awake a goodly portion of the previous 72 hours or so? Beautiful is as beautiful does.

dadrocks.png

ETA: couchie, yes, it was ALAWH that they both zeroed in on before meeting (which is why I still wonder why the media keeps saying they met while he was on AI - when he said he heard the song while listening to demos on his way to Indonesia. It even says it on the 'News' blurb on the main page of OFC -you know the place that's supposed to know everything :-P ).

I tend to believe that they did meet during AI2. Jaymes was married at the time to Leeds Levy, president of ASCAP, and Idol had to go through ASCAP for licenses and releases, etc., so Jaymes may have been the ASCAP liaison to AI. In fact, I wonder if she had anything to do with calling Sir Elton John over DLTSGDOM to say, "Let this guy sing the song!" Anyway, Clay mentioned that his manager, Renshaw I assume, had arranged meetings with several people when he was interviewing for an Exec Producer, and one of them was Jaymes. Subsequently, he went to Indonesia and during the trip he was narrowing down the list of prospects and told his manager to bring Jaymes back for another meeting. Also during the trip he listened to a demo of ALAWH and he hit him hard emotionally, said he. So when he returned and Jaymes came in for the followup meeting and brought a demo of ALAWH with her -- he was so excited he said he threw something across the room at her and the deal was done. So, there were at least two meetings with Jaymes over the EP position, and there's a good chance she did meet him during Idol, especially since she had been involved in the Pop Stars judging before, and then the ASCAP connection. Just because we didn't know he knew her then, doesn't mean he didn't.

Now I'm headed for home, this is just too exciting a day to work any longer!

Just when you think your fandom is cooling down a bit a little bit of news like this just sucker punches you and there you are back in the thick of it eeeing and wanting to make plans to go to see HIM!!!!

I still can't believe I feel this way after 5 years.

Just when you think your fandom is cooling down a bit a little bit of news like this just sucker punches you and there you are back in the thick of it eeeing and wanting to make plans to go to see HIM!!!!

I still can't believe I feel this way after 5 years.

fandom cooling down? What's that hee.

I'm with Heidi with the looks cuz there have been very few times that I couldn't at least see the cute, and other times downright hot. And I haven't seen many people mentioning ugly on the boards that I go to although the comments section on most articles have their fair share of losers who apparently spend their entire lives on their computers doing nothing productive. And it's not reserved just Clay because I usually try to check out the first page of comments on any article I click on and it doesn't matter the person or subject of the article because they don't care. They just want to get their jollies by riling people up. Hateful pricks. Can I say that here?

Didn't see the Spamalot thing coming, but then he's been busy suprising us all year so nothing new there. Have no idea when I'm going or how often but I'm going to be there. If anyone needs a roomie or bed buddy, just let me know.

EEEEEEEEEE!!!! NYC here we come!!!

Again!!!

Ok let me rephrase that! Real life took over for a while and Clay got put on the back burner. Well 00lsee sent me a text and I called keepingfaith and guess what any plans I had for tonight went right out of the window....I just had to get home to read it for myself.

(As for my plans....I didn't need that new vacuum anyway...what's a bit of dirt!!!!) :lmaosmiley-1:

Anyone looking at the last week of October?

Hubby comes home.

I give him a big hug and say "hi honey". Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Three times.

He says "you want something."

God, he knows me.

So, then we start playing the guessing game. He knew it had to do with Clay, but past that...so I finally told him. At first he looked at me like "oh no, not again," but then...I think...I think...he's actually warmed up to the idea. BUT...

Here's my question to those of you who have been to a bunch of Broadway shows before, and also know what NYC is like around the holidays...

The best time for hubby and I to go would be between Christmas and New Year's. Both our colleges are closed, so we wouldn't lose any work time. How are the hotels during that time frame, though? That worries me. Also, of course, travel at that time has to be zooey. One more question -- do the actors tend to schedule "time off" during that week? Would there be a good chance that Clay might "opt out" and let the understudy do at least a few of those shows during that frame?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hee the naysayers have started! He will never tour again, don't want to see it again...yada , yada, yada!!!!!

Didn't take long!

Last week I was in the Schubert Alley just wishing Clay was back there and it killed me to walk by Spamalot. Juniors wasn't the same. I did meet Patti Lupone (Gypsy..Wow)and Whoopie Goldberg (Xanadu..Yuck) and got their autographs but not the excitement of Clay Aiken. You think the Schubert will be ready this time???

Hee the naysayers have started! He will never tour again, don't want to see it again...yada , yada, yada!!!!!

Didn't take long!

Nope. Record time. :rolleyes:

Well, I guess I should clean up my house a bit should anyone want to save a bit of money. I do spend some of September and October at the beach, it is nice and quiet then and the remodeling should be done, I hope.
Squeeeee!!! Did I hear the word 'beach'? Any chance to go sailing after watching Clay? *bats eyelashes* Or just sitting on the beach is fine too!

Also, when is the best time for fall foliage viewing in Upstate New York?

Anyone looking at the last week of October?
annabear, we MUST see each other this time 'round!

Ok let me rephrase that! Real life took over for a while and Clay got put on the back burner. Well 00lsee sent me a text and I called keepingfaith and guess what any plans I had for tonight went right out of the window....I just had to get home to read it for myself.

(As for my plans....I didn't need that new vacuum anyway...what's a bit of dirt!!!!) :lmaosmiley-1:

Eager to Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee with you merrieeee and keepingfaith and 00lsee!!! Unfortunately I am still at work -- and will be for some time. :(

So how long did it take the entire eHP to confirm?!! LOL! *watching the PM's fly by while envious of those of you at home -- oh and please don't fill up my inbox. Can we go to e-mail, pretty please* Happy Day!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Naysayers. Ehhhh, I see them in the front rows everywhere I go. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Note to NaySayers: Please leave some front row tickets for me this time? K? Thxbye.

Nobody expected a pop tour this fall at this point (even before Parker), and most (not me) didn't even expect Christmas dates at this point. So this? Luscious gravy, baby!!!! He'll have a home-base for Parker for 4 months, He'll get his name back out there. And then it will be Spring!!! And we'll get that pop tour. And all will be well!

Reading some posters is a "waste of myyyyy tiiiiime".

That's why I love the ignore feature at the fanclub.

I know y'all are shocked by my behavior!

hee

ETA:

Am I the only one not sad to see no Christmas tour?

I think he had kind of boxed himself into an 'annual' corner and this gives him a way out of it. I mean, I love him, but I just would not be excited to go to another Christmas show - unless it were something like the vignettes which I'm sure it wouldn't be.

I hope this will free him up to think outside the box in future winters!

I'd love to be at a taping of a Christmas Special, however, if that opportunity came about!

Reading some posters is a "waste of myyyyy tiiiiime".

That's why I love the ignore feature at the fanclub.

Me too. I wonder if there's a limit to the number of people you can have on ignore though??

Damn. I've REALLY got to get that 2nd job now!!

annabear, we MUST see each other this time 'round!

Oh YES! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't like to use *g* because for some people,it has become a way of saying something nasty and hide under the *g*.

I'm so glad you mentioned this because it give me the perfect opportunity to ask...what the hell does *g* mean? I've seen it used in so many different ways I can't figure out what it is.

whooopeeee... NYC here I come again. LOL

ME TOOOOO!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party038:

There are naysayers???

:hysterical: Well I could have misinterpreted their posts!

Probably not. I will say that at least they are predictable! :cryingwlaughter:

Here's hoping that fans who couldn't get there last time get the chance now!

Am I the only one not sad to see no Christmas tour?

Nope. I would have gladly gone to a Christmas concert, but since I didn't go to Spam on the first go-round, I'd much rather do this. I'm very excited! Who needs a new couch? Color coordination is waaaaay overrated. :cryingwlaughter:

Bookwhore, *g* = grin

New couch? Slipcovers!