#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

I didn't live through the Depression but I have been an Oracle/Sybase/SQLServer DBA so I'm a pack rat too!

Hmm, I was a DB2 DBA, then switched contracts and spent the next 12 ears managing ORACLE/SyBase/SQLServer people How is that for the same people conclomerate together. I am a pack rat but have promised to clean up my act before I die as a favor tomy surviving family. I do have a will with a list of people to inherit clack. I hae some interesing stuff, mainly a lot of official merchandise ornaments.

Ooh! We used to walk down to the RailRoad tracks and pick the blackberries for Nannie to make Blackberry Pie!!! Yum!

Heh, fear and I used to walk down to the railroad tracks as small children (7 and 4) to collect rasberries. I think the tracks were about a mile away - I think someone would call child services today. What the heck we used to get on busses together to go to town and shop and al sorts of stuff no kid today would be allowed to do - like playing in the nearby garage dump, jumping the ravines and looking for rats and snakes - I think it was a chemical dump too, so far I still only have 2 eyes..

*nothing to see here*

ETA:

{{{keepingfaith and mom}}} :hugs-1:

Clack? What would I ever do without clack? It's only been in my life for two years and I still have tours undiscovered and so much more JBT Motown in my future. At least that's what I'm told by a certain super adorable, world-traveling, Empress of Clack. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just realized tonight that there's internet in her hospital room. Monitor, keyboard, connection, cool.

You mean ldj's front-row Boston? Arrrgh! Yes it's coming.

Internet in your hospital? I'm green with envy!

merrieeee, I would have loved to have been at your house. Where have I been? The paramedics, the emergency room, and hospitalization, for my mother again. I'm so grateful that the storm missed us, and I am hopeful that there's a chance my mother is finally being correctly diagnosed -- that she's not having mini-strokes, but altered migraine onsets. Instead of auras and confusion, she now becomes catatonic and numb. The fact that she has horrible headaches when she comes out of it seems to be the tell-tale sign. Funny thing is, my youngest son who also suffers from migraines suggested this three months ago. Maybe I should send that kid to medical school. This has been a rugged time for my mother because she also has been battling a non-contagious lung infection for five months.

There was something else I was going to comment on, but I think I'm slightly catatonic myself at this point. Have I ever mentioned that my mother is the world's worst patient? Oh yeah, Miley Cyrus. I laugh everytime I think about my 8-year old granddaughter informing me that Miley Cyrus was just "over" and that she and her friends did not like Hannah Montana now because she had "nekkid pictures of herself on the internet." I have no idea whatsoever if that's true or just a rumor in kidworld, but she changed the station playing her song.

Clack? What would I ever do without clack? It's only been in my life for two years and I still have tours undiscovered and so much more JBT Motown in my future. At least that's what I'm told by a certain super adorable, world-traveling, Empress of Clack. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just realized tonight that there's internet in her hospital room. Monitor, keyboard, connection, cool.

I used to save a lot of Clack and then never watch it! Now I prefer You Tube to downloading, by far. It is fun to catch some old stuff now and then. I watch AYSTAFG this weekend while I was doing chores - fun.

As for Clay's career I look at it sort of like mine - I've had goals but life has brought me to far different places. Good for the most part. I do hope he hangs around for awhile because, like the thread says, he simply makes me smile.

Actually, I would like a reminder. How many people do I owe Clack to? This is what I have off the top of my head:

1. keepingfaith - Boston JBT

2. Solo - DCAT Frisco

3. Gibby - parts of Omaha JNT07

4. luckiest1&goldarngirl - HD of Erie JNT07 TFN

???

Thanks!

(((((keepingfaith and Mum))))) I'm pleased to say it was a boring weekend here. I cooked for my DH & DD and I HATE cooking even more than I hate a certain picture! Yes I am allowed to say I hate a pic that shall remain nameless. It's not the subject just the pic....so there! Hee Hee!

Well I was kind of hoping for a day off but no. Back to the grind of golf tournaments, Junior Golf and First Tee. It tough work I know but someone.....etc. etc. etc. :hysterical:

How many days to Spam? I wanna go first night! Anyone have room for me in their suitcase?

Good Morning Everyone,

Hugs and prayers to all that need them!

Clack...I have some on my computer; but I just don't save everything...if someone recommends something I will save it. I do download a lot during concert times, but then delete as I go along.

I do have a lot of DVD's and CD's and should probably watch more of it; but it is hard around here since we only have one DVD player and I have very little time by myself to indulge myself.

17 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

25 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

46 Days until The BAF GALA!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning. Can't sleep. What am I doing up at this hour! :hangin:

Keeping Faith - I hope they can finally diagnose your Mom and give her some relief. Sounds like you both had a miserable weekend.

Someone said "I hate Mondays when they start on Tuesday" and I'd have to agree with that. I'm going to be confused as to which day it is all week!

But I think I'll start off with a pretty picture:

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Good morning! Wishing Twinkies to anyone facing a crazy work week!!!

I have a whole unopened pack from the non-Gustav weekend (thankfully it turned out ok!) -- Soothes my soul for half an hour (well 5 hours for the enitre box)!!!

:nature-smiley-014:

Good morning,

Thought I'd start the week (yes, I know it's Tuesday) with a shout out to my FCA friends...that would be all of you, of course. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I had to work on Saturday and Sunday in my wine shop (although it's not really MY wine shop). On Saturday there were three of us working and it was steady, but not overwhelmingly busy. On Sunday I was working alone because Sunday is usually slow and all hell broke loose. Everyone thought that we'd be closed on Monday, which was not the case, and they all stocked up. I had $2230. in sales in 4 hours. That's a lot of wine when you consider the average sale is about $15.00. I know I had over a hundred customers, but everyone was cheerful and upbeat so it made the day go faster. I was sure tired when I got home though and, thankfully, had the day off yesterday.

Now I realize this little saga is not as interesting as our world travellers and holidayers, but I keep feeling like I should contribute something to the thread every once in awhile.

Clay, content? (with the accent on the second syllable). Yes, I think he is....very! :lilredani:

*waves to Claymatron* Nice to see you checking in. Good on you for holding the shop on your own!

Well, all my kids got off to school this morning, another successful school year has started. I have two living at home this year, same as last year, just swapped a daughter for a son, LOL. Work is looking like same old, same old though. And my freaking 80 gb iPod has disappeared! I am pretty sure it was stolen from my car, along with the case & charger. :( That'll teach me. I am lost without it. It is my constant companion. I hope whoever took it likes Clay Aiken! :angry:

Well, all my kids got off to school this morning, another successful school year has started. I have two living at home this year, same as last year, just swapped a daughter for a son, LOL. Work is looking like same old, same old though. And
my freaking 80 gb iPod has disappeared! I am pretty sure it was stolen from my car,
along with the case & charger.
:(
That'll teach me. I am lost without it. It is my constant companion.
I hope whoever took it likes Clay Aiken!
:angry:

LOL this suddenly reminds me of a story I heard some years ago ... that thieves broke into a music shop in London and stole ALL the CDs, except for Kylie Minogue's! (Kylie is hugely successful in the UK) I was told this story by more than one person but I don't know how true it is. Could have been started by someone who doesn't like Kylie but heck the story always makes people laugh as it isn't really "cool" to like Kylie!!

Hey,

DH and I were just watching the Hungry Detective on the food channel.

He was in Houston!

Now I wanna go to Bubba's Buffalo Burgers, The Breakfast Klub, and Mai Vietnamese Restaurant! He also did a strip mall restaurant that had Gumbo and Po Boy as the special and a BBQ place, neither of which I can remember the name of!

Yum!

From the website:

Bubba's Texas Burger Shack, Mai's, the oldest Vietnamese restaurant in Houston, the Breakfast Klub, Tony Mandola's Gulf Coast Kitchen and Goode Company BBQ.

keepingfaith.... :F_05BL17blowkiss: for you and your mom.

Ah...first day of school. For the 17 year old, it's SENIOR YEAR! and last night she said to hubby and me (with much eyerolling and other dramatic flair :rolleyes:) "If one more person says 'Oh, senior year! Are you excited? Do you know what colleges you're going to apply to? What are you interested in doing in college?' Blahblahblahblah...."

:cryingwlaughter: She was gone before I even got up this morning---meeting friends for coffee and chatter, donchaknow, before descending upon high school for the last go 'round.

For the 13 year old, life is sooooooooo exciting! She was jumping out of her skin with happiness! :EmoticonRingAround: On vacation she got her ears pierced and her hair cut and styled---now she has bangs that feather in layers down the sides of her face and she looks soooo cute. I took her and her best buddy to school this morning and they were barely containing themselves....

Me? Well, I was smart and added today to my vacation days. I'm planning to do a little solo pampering. Hubby gave me a certificate for spa treatments over a year ago and I've never used it. TOday I'm going to find a place that takes the certificate and get a massage, dammit. There are so very many real-life things that I need to attend to, but the idea of spending this one "alone" day--the one day I have before going back to the office--- fulfilling obligations actually makes tears come to my eyes. So I'm going to pretend that everything is in order and there's nothing I SHOULD do but do nothing.

Denial and procrastination can be very valuable to one's mental and emotional health, don't you agree? :lilredani:

{{{keepingfaith and mom}}}

Ahem, Scarlett? Oh, Scarlett? There is a sporking I'm planning on diverting to you because of an insistance about a particular AIW performance...

I don't wanna work today...

{{{keepingfaith and mum}}}

Well, all my kids got off to school this morning, another successful school year has started. I have two living at home this year, same as last year, just swapped a daughter for a son, LOL. Work is looking like same old, same old though. And my freaking 80 gb iPod has disappeared! I am pretty sure it was stolen from my car, along with the case & charger. :( That'll teach me. I am lost without it. It is my constant companion. I hope whoever took it likes Clay Aiken! :angry:

Awww, condolences on your loss! I know how lost my kids are without their iPods (I've just got a shuffle). Hope karma bites whoever took it in the ass!

I spent the weekend getting my older daughter moved out of her shared accommodation, back into the house with her sis and I. It's probably going to be weird for a while - she hasn't lived at home for four years. She's hoping to share with two other girls downtown if the third bedroom in the apt. is still free and move out for October 1st. If not, she may be with us for a while longer.

*waves to Claymatron* Nice to see you checking in. Good on you for holding the shop on your own!

Sorry about your iPod. Wish I could say the first day of school went well, my youngest who begins high school was sick all weekend with upset stomach did not go, plus I have a 16 year old with special needs who refuses to go back to his special ed class, we want to get him to go to school part time and have a part time job through an organization that finds jobs for people with special needs. We are hopefully going to have a meeting with the school this week. But I'm not discouraged as things will work out somehow. Have a good day!

Sorry about your iPod. Wish I could say the first day of school went well, my youngest who begins high school was sick all weekend with upset stomach did not go, plus I have a 16 year old with special needs who refuses to go back to his special ed class, we want to get him to go to school part time and have a part time job through an organization that finds jobs for people with special needs. We are hopefully going to have a meeting with the school this week. But I'm not discouraged as things will work out somehow. Have a good day!

What keeps me going is knowing that I'm going to see Spamalot Jan 1st with some other clayfans that I met at spamalot last March.

Shhhhh! I'm playing hooky from work today... :whoo:

:hugs-1: for keepingfaith and mom

Sorry about your iPod, luckiest. :(

Hope the week gets better for all of you, preden. :hug:

Denial and procrastination can be very valuable to one's mental and emotional health, don't you agree?

Some days, abso-freakin-lutely! Enjoy your day, muski. :14:

Hmmm... all this talk of Twinkies... I don't have any pics of Twinkies in my photobucket... will these do? :lilredani:

stagedoor_031608.jpg

slowandeasy_sd_03180812.jpg

slowandeasy_sd_0318081.jpg

irishboodgal4-2-08sd1.jpg

Spamgreensweater215.jpg

{{{preden}}} Sorry first day of school isn't going so well for your family. So far, dd has called to say she went the wrong way when she got off the subway in Toronto (hee!) but I got her turned around. It's a big city and a return to school for her after a few years, and she's not used to it yet. She is starting the American Sign Language course. Ds #1 is starting his second year of Police Foundations here at the community college. He took his first year away from home (lived with his dad) so it's a new campus for him to get used to as well. It's going to be nice to have him home. Ds #2 is in his last year of high school, but this is the first time he's gone to school without any ADHD meds. We have an appt later this week with the psych to assess how things are going, but my fingers are crossed that he'll either find he can manage without them, or he will decide to voluntarily take them tomorrow before school. I just don't want to have to fight with him about it each day. Next year he will either be working or going to college, so I can't babysit him forever!

Have discovered that the bastards who stole my iPod & charger took my FM transmitter too. Weird how thieves can be so particular...they left all my CDs (which they stole last time they broke into my car), and they left an old PC in the trunk. Only took the iPod related stuff. Almost like they knew what they were looking for (and maybe were on foot). My kids suspect the neighbour who apparently skulks around the front of the house after dark. Great to know now, after the fact.

luckiest, I'm so sorry about your iPod.

Way back when my DS was in HS, someone broke into his car - once - and took nothing. I think I woke up, turned the outside light ot try to figure out where the noise was coming from.

Then 2 weeks later - they tried again - and stole his car stereo, the only thing about the car worth anything!

Doncha just wish you could install some sort of zapper on everything that would sting the crap outta anyone with the wrong DNA?!

Why can't they invent that? We can put men on the moon fer cryin' out loud!

:cryingwlaughter: