#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

In case Scarlett doesn't make it in here - I have heard from her this morning and she's got supplies, water, batteries, etc. and pretty prepared for whatever.

Please stay safe everyone. Don't take chances. If they want you to leave......leave!!! And I'll ditto what Couchie said last night about earthquakes. I was at work on the 22nd floor of the data center in SF when Loma Prieta hit. Seemed like it lasted forever but it wasn't even a minute. It was scary and there was certainly alot of damage and injuries but it hit us by surprise. We didn't have to sit waiting for days in fear and anticipation while it decided what path it was going to take.

If you don't evacuate, please make sure someone in the geographical area knows where you are.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

{{{{{all Texans in the path of Ike}}}}} Sending you as good a vibes as I can for you and yours to be ok!!!

On another shallow note....

I just got some pictures in the mail---of the family during the wedding in which my older daughter was a bridesmaid. Both daughters look amazing...

But in the picture of hubby, the girls and me....well, let's just say that as I walk around and live my life the image of myself in my mind does NOT resemble what I see in that picture.

whoa.

I feel like someone just took my magical glasses off.

muski... I feel the same. I just don't feel like I photograph, so I try not to take too many pictures and to look at even less... :cryingwlaughter: It's how we think of ourselves that is the most important, cause that's what we convey to others.

New appearance for Clay, unfortunately it won't be telecast...wonder how he will do this with Spamalot:

ETA: It's a luncheon; so it is doable.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20225436,00.html

Kim

Son and family (in Houston) are staying put. They are in an area that doesn't flood so I have my fingers crossed. In fact it's an area called "The Heights" although I fail to see what can be high about a city that's flat as a pancake. He's very blase about it all, but I'm keeping in touch via IM, whether he wants to or not!

Thanks for the real time updates and links.

:thbighug-1: :thbighug-1: to all down there.

I look at the radar maps of Ike...and I just cringe. I hope everyone there will be safe...

That Friar Club Roast looks...veddy interesting. There's some people on that guest list that make ME blush (Bob Saget really has one of the filthiest mouths around), so I hope we get some good reports on this. And, as merrieee said, I hope it gives some more people a chance to see comedian Clay.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: annabear!

New appearance for Clay, unfortunately it won't be telecast...wonder how he will do this with Spamalot:

ETA: It's a luncheon; so it is doable.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20225436,00.html

Kim

Wow!

I think that is quite a coup!

And, yes, a chance to show some who don't know of his comedic side!

Yay!

Wish I could be there. I like Matt and it should be quite an event.

Not broadcast, but don't you think clips will be shown?

On the Today Show? On the entertainment shows?

There's a chance Clay will be seen by more than just the attendees!

Good find! Thanks for sharing!

ETA:

Ooh, Ooh! What'll he wear?

What do they wear to these lunches??

"

which is getting surprisingly long.
", she gasps, her hair a shower of tangles over her face as he looms over her. She chances another look at the proof of his intentions and then scoots further back on the bed to invite him in with open limbs. "C'mon, big boy...I can handle that..."

:whistling-1:

From March 19, 2008:

Huffington Post

NEW YORK - Matt Lauer must have really thick skin.

The "Today" show co-anchor will be the center of attention -- and the target of insults and general humiliation -- at a Friars Club celebrity roast Oct. 24. Things could get ugly: The Roastmaster is Lauer's longtime colleague and friend Al Roker, who knows him as well as anyone.

"I fully plan to, like, bring an iPod in my sport jacket and run the headsets up to where they can't see it into my ears so I won't even hear half of it," Lauer told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Wednesday. "But I will tell you right now: I'm not going to invite my mom or anything like that. I have a feeling it's gonna be way over the edge for someone like that to be there."

Lauer, 50, joked: "From what I understand, you basically go in, you pad yourself, you take medication and you sit there and you just kind of brace for the worst."

He's well aware of "how raunchy and filthy" a Friars Club roast can get.

"That's the whole reason I agreed," he said. "I figured, what the heck? Everybody in their career at least on one occasion has got to go out there and just kinda lay themselves bare. ... It's for a great cause. They're a wonderful organization, they've done great work over the years, and if you can't poke a little fun at yourself or have others do it at your expense, then, you know, you should be in a different business."

Lauer said Roker "knows where all the skeletons are buried." When asked what the NBC weatherman could potentially use against him, he replied: "Are you kidding? Do you think I'm gonna give him advanced information or give him a heads-up? No way. I don't know. I'm sure there will be a lot made over our history together. We've had some kind of funny ups and downs -- and I'm sure those will come out -- but, you know, for the most part I think it will be good-natured. Not only with Al -- with everyone."

Lauer said there will be no TV broadcast of the roast, which will be presented at the Hilton Hotel in Manhattan.

"Half my friends won't come if there's gonna be press coverage. ... For example, if you choose a high-profile friend who may happen to work in television, well, they don't want to be quoted the next day dropping the F-bomb in the middle of a luncheon," he said.

Come September, he'll start coming up with retorts for Roker and other roasters (possible suspects: Meredith Vieira and Katie Couric).

"I wanna give as well as I get, and so that's gonna take some effort," he said.

What do they wear to these lunches??

To a Friars Club roast? What else......Brother Maynard's Robes of course!! :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

Can you tell I'm bored right now? It's like waiting for a guest, that you don't like, to show up. Everything is done and you just sit and wait.

"
which is getting surprisingly long.
", she gasps, her hair a shower of tangles over her face as he looms over her. She chances another look at the proof of his intentions and then scoots further back on the bed to invite him in with open limbs. "C'mon, big boy...I can handle that..."

:whistling-1:

moth.gif Like a moth to a flame.... :cryingwlaughter:

OK, the juxtapostion of reading that Clay is going to be at the Friars Club roast (where the F bomb is pretty much NOT a cuss word) and reading Clay's blog, with "Oh crap" and "how in the Sam hill" liberally sprinkled in, is making my head reel.

In a good way, of course.

And I submitted my entry about an hour ago. Maybe that's why he blogged. LOL.

here is streaming video from a local station

Wow, why did CNN leave people on the island? One of the reporters said they did not want to be there, but it was too late to not.

I saw the meteorologist in the studio saying that he didn't want the reporters to be there, but he was overruled. Was that what you saw? The reporter was just on, and again reiterated that they were staying in a very safe hotel. He didn't sound worried. I wouldn't want to be there, but those guys seems to get a big kick out of reporting during the hurricianes. He did say that it was getting dark and they were going to a safer location from which to report.